Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season

Garnett is done. Jermaine has been done for 3 years! I don't think Howard is signing with the Celtics,so there is no reason to keep Pierce.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season

WHATT????

PLEASE tell me your not a real celtics fan. tell me your a troll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season:
    [QUOTE]WHATT???? PLEASE tell me your not a real celtics fan. tell me your a troll.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Tell me why should they keep paying him 15 million a year,after this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Doesn't the CBA require you to be at least 85% or 90% of the Cap level next year. If the Celtics can't get a stud free agent they are going to have to pay someone that money (that's why Allen may be back next year too). Amnesty should be used to get a top line free agent and nothing else in my opinion. A lot of people want to throw in the towel and go into the lottery. The Celtics have not had a lot of luck with the lottery in my lifetime so i would rather see the Celtics stay relevant as long as possible. They will have a lot of cap space available next year with Pierce under contract so let's see what Ainge can do with that space before throwing in the towel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

They should pay him because he has a contract and they have no choice.  Even if they amnesty him (they won't), they still have to pay him.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season : Tell me why should they keep paying him 15 million a year,after this year?
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]WHATT???? PLEASE tell me your not a real celtics fan. tell me your a troll.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agreed !  He is the only player that should retire with the Celtics.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

PP is washed up! How can any team be expected to play hard when Capt Marshmallow says he can't play because of a sore heel. Kobe has no bone cartilage around one of his knee's and torn tendons in his wrist but he still plays.

Trade marshmallow now Dannnnyyyy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Paul Pierce has never sat out a game because he was soft, he is one tough player and will return when they let him.  I am sure the injury is bad or the Celts do not want to play him until he has the health to carry the team.  It is apparent we are nothing without him.  Baby and Delonte could have kept up competative. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season:
    [QUOTE]Garnett is done. Jermaine has been done for 3 years! I don't think Howard is signing with the Celtics,so there is no reason to keep Pierce.    

You are ridiculous, and make posts just to get people upset. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

As much as it kills me, I kind of agree. From a fan perspective, if there's ever been anyone to show loyalty to, PP is the guy. But from a business/operations perspective.....Ainge has said all along that he didn't want to end  this big three the same way as the 80s three just because of loyalty.

There's more guys out there than just Howard, and if you pull someone else in, maybe he changes his mind. We all remember Garnett loathed the thought of Boston until the Allen trade. Eric Gordon will be a restricted free agent, and NO probably won't want to spend too much depending on the ownership situation. A starting lineup with Rondo, Gordon, Pietrus, Bass and Howard in it sounds pretty solid. Moore, JJ and Steamer coming off the bench. You also have Bradley and 3 draft picks to play with. You can keep them, or bring back a known entity via trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

[QUOTE]PP is washed up! How can any team be expected to play hard when Capt Marshmallow says he can't play because of a sore heel. Kobe has no bone cartilage around one of his knee's and torn tendons in his wrist but he still plays. Trade marshmallow now Dannnnyyyy!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

What a moron.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Can we amnesty "null" as of right now and cut him from the forum?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sorry troll spanker your ignore list should state that any Laker troll is the worst of offenders.  They live on this BB only to annoy, their opinions are irrelevant.  If this were not the case they would find themselves on a Laker board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Pierce took less $$ to get a ring, and in the process, reduced his stats but still was the go-to guy in the crunch when a basket was needed. He's still that guy and until another player can step up and be that tough in a tough situation, he stays. He should and probably will retire as a career Celtics player - he has earned it. Even if he doesn't start (I still maintain that matters less than who finishes), his value is extremely high. Right now, who do the Celtics have to check LaQueen. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

IDIOT !

PAUL PIERCE , KG AND RAY ALLEN NEED TO BE GIVEN "NO TRADE" CLAUSES IN THEIR CONTRACTS AS A SIGN OF RESPECT. NOT THAT THESE GUYS ARENT ALREADY HUNGRY (AMAZING THAT THEY ARE AS VETS) , BUT GIVING THEM THE RECOGNITION IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE LEAGUE , AS WELL AS THE PERSONAL PEACE OF MIND AT DEADLINE TIME. I THINK THESE 3 GUYS WOULD REALLY RESPOND TO THE SHOW OF RESPECT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]IDIOT ! PAUL PIERCE , KG AND RAY ALLEN NEED TO BE GIVEN "NO TRADE" CLAUSES IN THEIR CONTRACTS AS A SIGN OF RESPECT. NOT THAT THESE GUYS ARENT ALREADY HUNGRY (AMAZING THAT THEY ARE AS VETS) , BUT GIVING THEM THE RECOGNITION IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE LEAGUE , AS WELL AS THE PERSONAL PEACE OF MIND AT DEADLINE TIME. I THINK THESE 3 GUYS WOULD REALLY RESPOND TO THE SHOW OF RESPECT
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I don't think they need extra motivation. I think they need complementary players that can keep or even extend leads when the starters aren't in. Right now, the only players that fit the bill are Bass and Steamer. We haven't seen Moore enough or Johnson at all to assess how dependable they can be.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]Can we amnesty "null" as of right now and cut him from the forum?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season:
    [QUOTE]Garnett is done. Jermaine has been done for 3 years! I don't think Howard is signing with the Celtics,so there is no reason to keep Pierce.    

your mom should have amnestied you

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]As much as it kills me, I kind of agree. From a fan perspective, if there's ever been anyone to show loyalty to, PP is the guy. But from a business/operations perspective.....Ainge has said all along that he didn't want to end  this big three the same way as the 80s three just because of loyalty. There's more guys out there than just Howard, and if you pull someone else in, maybe he changes his mind. We all remember Garnett loathed the thought of Boston until the Allen trade. Eric Gordon will be a restricted free agent, and NO probably won't want to spend too much depending on the ownership situation. A starting lineup with Rondo, Gordon, Pietrus, Bass and Howard in it sounds pretty solid. Moore, JJ and Steamer coming off the bench. You also have Bradley and 3 draft picks to play with. You can keep them, or bring back a known entity via trade.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]
    are you willard romney?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

KG looks like his legs are worn out.  Maybe they are or maybe its just lack of practice.  In any case, he's the only one of the 3 that may need to retire at the end of the season.  Pierce has been a loyal Celtic and could have jumped ship for more money.  Let's show the league that if you are a Celtic great, we support you are long as you are contributing like Pierce is (forget the last game - that was an aberration).   Ray should also come back.  He's the most productive offensively of the 3 and he clearly has a role to play at a reasonable salary.

So, no amnesty for the Captain - use him to help develop the next group of Celtics:  Rondo/Green/Bass/Stiemsma/Moore/Johnson + 2  first rounders and lots of Cap room.  The future is bright no matter what the Big 3 give us this year.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season : are you willard romney?
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Ummmm....no

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE] Rondo/Green/Bass/Stiemsma/Moore/Johnson + 2  first rounders and lots of Cap room.  The future is bright no matter what the Big 3 give us this year.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Jeez, this group must put the fear of God into all the other teams. It does me!

Ugh!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge should amnesty Pierce,after the season : Jeez, this group must put the fear of God into all the other teams. It does me! Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    Sup with DH being traded to LA in 24 to 48 hrs??