Ainge should target Love in 2 years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Re: Ainge should target Love in 2 years

Why not this year? you never know with minny

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If you're thinking big targets, I think he should target Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard.  Griffin in 3 years may well be frustrated with Clippers and choose the free agency route.   Clippers are known for letting talent slip out.  Howard will be watching lots of others go for Championships and could be frustrated, as well.  If Miami and NY and LA continue to dominate, he may have to look to move to a major market like Boston.

KG said "no way" to Boston at first, remember.  Then, he got convinced.  In 2 or 3 years, Howard or Griffith might be in the same frame of mind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kevin Love is putting up some great numbers but he is not going to make a team a winner. He is too small and cannot dominate in the most important category wins and losses.  We should look elsewhere.  On a better team Love would not put up such gaudy numbers either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

waste no money on guard or wing
      save the last for big bad center....big wins!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

This version of the Celtics is based on defense! We should sty the course. Perk is a defesive center for years to come.. In time he will develop  some aspects of his offensive game as well. But with this team, he does,nt have to. A few post moves, a hook shot, could make a huge impact on his game. Rondo and BB are the others to build around.The trouble is finding another KG!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Stay in course with Perk?

I'm puking!!
    Perk is done 2007.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

TWO YEARS???????  That is so long away....we need to think about 2 days from now, 2 games from now, 2 weeks, 2 months from now...NOT TWO YEARS....who knows what Love or any other player will be like then.  Let's focus on banner 18 before looking waaaaaaay down the line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

We as fans can focus on whatever we want too. We don't play. LOL! It's just a discussion relax. We already know what we have with this team. We need to start looking for guys that are ready to carry the C's so we don't go back to the 1990's. 2 years isn't a long time my friend it will be here before you know it.

I'm kind of sick of talking about this team right now. Until they get healthy we're going to struggle. The fun will start in March.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What kind of leadership capabilities have Love and Griffin shown?  Yes they can put up double-doubles, but where is the defensive leadership?  I would take Griffin over Love.  I doubt that they will be going anywhere in two years.  We need to build from within and through the draft.  Each of the big 3 should be grooming their replacement.  KG to BBD/Erdan/Gody, Allen-Bradley/Wafer and Pierce-Daniels/Gody.  Through in SHAQ-Perk/Erdan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

In Response to Ainge should target Love in 2 years:
    The C's should have a ton of cap relief in 2013 & 2014. I'm not sure what Minn will do but he's got 2 years left on his deal. They are building a good foundation and are no doubt waiting on Rubio. Minn will probably lock him up but he and Beasley play essentially the same position. The TWolves have been known to do some crazy stuff and they did ship AJ out so anything can happen. Rondo and Love would be a good nucleus to build upon.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Absolutely, complete player, top notch rebounder. Lets do it...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The C's should have a ton of cap relief in 2013 & 2014. I'm not sure what Minn will do but he's got 2 years left on his deal. They are building a good foundation and are no doubt waiting on Rubio. Minn will probably lock him up but he and Beasley play essentially the same position. The TWolves have been known to do some crazy stuff and they did ship AJ out so anything can happen. Rondo and Love would be a good nucleus to build upon.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Should Ainge target Mikki Moore in 2011?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ainge should target Kevin Durant in 4 years. Ainge should target John Wall in six years. Ainge should target Evan Turner in eight years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Forget Love of Griffin they will eventually fade like those players in their mold. I agree we should pursue Durant, Wall, and Howard they are cornerstone of any NBA teams. Lets get it done.

"No Body Does it Better Than The BOSTON CELTICS"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge should target Love in 2 years:
    Forget Love of Griffin they will eventually fade like those players in their mold. I agree we should pursue Durant, Wall, and Howard they are cornerstone of any NBA teams. Lets get it done. "No Body Does it Better Than The BOSTON CELTICS"
    Posted by bangkoker

I personally would love to see Durant join the Celtics.  He is already one of the best players in the NBA and is only going to get better.  I just don't think he will leave Oklahoma City.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by BiasLewis

Actuallly I think they should target Dwight Howard.  He is more the type to build around than Love.  I think Love is a 2nd or 3rd player on a good team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Draft and build from within!!!!!!  Eventually we will have a high draft pick to choose  a possible franchise player like Bird, Pierce, Reggie Lewis(RIP), etc.  It may be impossible to avoid some down years after the KG, Allen and Pierce are gone.  I hope I'm wrong!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Ainge should target Kevin Durant in 4 years. Ainge should target John Wall in six years. Ainge should target Evan Turner in eight years.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I think we should actually target this dude in 8-10 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqVvRh_cEY&feature=related

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

I am waiting for the full-court-chest pass that he use to do @ UCLA...

Kid is a stud...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Love dominating the boards in the first quarter...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Forget Love of Griffin they will eventually fade like those players in their mold. I agree we should pursue Durant, Wall, and Howard they are cornerstone of any NBA teams. Lets get it done. "No Body Does it Better Than The BOSTON CELTICS"
    Posted by bangkoker

I agree Love isn't going to develop a lot more but you're wrong about Griffin.  The kid not only has the high flying dunk but he has the short turnaround and the post up moves.   He's like Barkeley.  Short term his game will be high flying but he has the ability to also play on the ground.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Stay in course with Perk? I'm puking!! Perk is done 2007.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Thats because you don't understand basketball and defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge should target Love in 2 years : I agree Love isn't going to develop a lot more but you're wrong about Griffin.  The kid not only has the high flying dunk but he has the short turnaround and the post up moves.   He's like Barkeley.  Short term his game will be high flying but he has the ability to also play on the ground.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

We have just seen the game of Love he is not a take charge guy we need he haul down rebounds(22 tonight) still they lost. For Griffin he reminded me of Keith Vanhorn during his first 4 seasons also of K-Mart may be you are right but his moves is injury to happen reckless moves usually results to serious injury which is a hendrance for any team who aspires for championship or even playoff.

"No Body Does it Better Than The Boston Celtics"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well wait a minute? Since when are Griffin's stats turning into victories? LOL!

They both play on young bad teams.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

Love is not going to be a superstar, but he is good enough to be the first big of the bench and the starting PF when KG leaves. Rondo BBD or Rondo Love?

Sections
Shortcuts