Ainge targets for 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge targets for 2013

Here is a list of possible FAs for 2013.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

I'm hoping Ainge gets

Robin Lopez-C-Suns will not offer him an extension
    Emeka Okafor
    Anthony Morrow
    Tyler Hansbrough-Signing D. West may make him expendable
    Roy Hibbert-Pacers will probably match any offer for him
    Josh Smith

The big fish would be Kevin Love. The TWolves have until midnight tonight to get a deal done of he becomes a FA next year.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GinaM1977. Show GinaM1977's posts

Re: Ainge targets for 2013

You missed some top free agents.
    What about Elton Brand, Rashard Lewis and Luke Walton?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Um, I missed those guys on purpose. No to Lewis, Brand and DEFINATELY no to Walton.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ainge targets for 2013:
    [QUOTE]You missed some top free agents. What about Elton Brand, Rashard Lewis and Luke Walton?
    Posted by GinaM1977[/QUOTE]

Those are all guys on Kupcake's radar, mtrax!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Rashard lewis is terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

We need a player like Love, but he will be a restricted free agent.  We will be lucky to sign Green, who has a lot to prove and the talent to do it with.  I wish we could get a back up point like Delonte who can shoot, pass, and defend.  Resign KG and Ray for the bench and I would look at keeping Pietrus if he is healthy.  From this point I would be looking for some guys who shoot well enough to demand respect from the defense.  Rondo for Williams would be interesting.  Young big tought guys would help.  Combination of Rondo, Paul, Green, Pietrus, Bass, KG, Ray, and some youth with good upside would be interesting. Danny will look for a top player but may not be able to get one unless it is Williams or Anthony.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm afraid that unless Ainge can convince a top-tier FA to sign here (doubtful because there are slim pickings in FA after Howard and Deron W.) that it will be a slow and deliberate rebuilding process where Ainge accumulates assets and/or gets lucky in the draft.  It's getting harder to see a quick fix on the horizon.  I'd rather do a proper rebuilding process than overspend for non-max guys like Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon like Detroit did.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith and if he can't sign them. Just spend the money on veterans for 1 year deals,so they can keep the money rolling over, until there is a guy worth signing to a multi year deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

The question is will Danny be able to get ANY free agent interested in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hibbert. Then draft Cody Zeller.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]We need a player like Love, but he will be a restricted free agent.  We will be lucky to sign Green, who has a lot to prove and the talent to do it with.  I wish we could get a back up point like Delonte who can shoot, pass, and defend.  Resign KG and Ray for the bench and I would look at keeping Pietrus if he is healthy.  From this point I would be looking for some guys who shoot well enough to demand respect from the defense.  Rondo for Williams would be interesting.  Young big tought guys would help.  Combination of Rondo, Paul, Green, Pietrus, Bass, KG, Ray, and some youth with good upside would be interesting. Danny will look for a top player but may not be able to get one unless it is Williams or Anthony.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

We will get Green.  Don't worry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge targets for 2013 : Those are all guys on Kupcake's radar, mtrax!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I think that you are right about this new poster.   It happens many times that someone is banned and returns using another name.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

[QUOTE]The question is will Danny be able to get ANY free agent interested in Boston.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]

The relevant question is can Danny get any worthwhile free agent to come to Boston? The answer is......

No.

A proviso is McHale may help out though.

Sections
Shortcuts