Ainge was right, when he preferred Rondo to Roy or Foye

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Ainge was right, when he preferred Rondo to Roy or Foye

In Response to Re: Ainge was right, when he preferred Rondo to Roy or Foye:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge was right, when he preferred Rondo to Roy or Foye : One..that's how you measure a good point guard. As I mentioned, put Paul-Rose to that group, they will put a staggering individual statistics,  Rondo will not (he can't shoot). Assist in a bad team does not mean anything....unless its a point. Then reverse it, put Rondo to a good team who understand team concept...he will shine.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

You are confusing individual stat with teamwork that wins games.  Nique Wilkins was a scoring machine, Karl Malone,  how much did they win?  Its call teamwork, not me-ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Rame--I'm just trying to prove what Dudder said. If you put Rondo to a group of Hofers, there is no doubt Rondo becomes a premier PG. On the negative side, he said..if you put Rondo to a mediocare or below average group like the old: Jefferson - Ricky Davis -Ryan Gomes -Gerald Green -Wally Szczerbiak - Olowokandi -La Frentz - Orien Green- Perkins & Pierce. he will be exposed. (By the way, correct me if I'm wrong.. is this the group lost 16 in a row?) None of us will know if the statistics he is enjoying  now can be copied with the old team. I do know, if you put Rose or C Paul with these team (the above), both will   post a staggering (individual) statistics. Rondo is a complimentary type player. As I said, I like him in some way because basketball is a team concept game. I could careless of individual statistics ---say like Iverson - Carter  & many more me me me  type player. Rondo in my book is an awesome player but carry a clause or small print that I mentioned above.  The bottom line, I like him & what he gives to a premier team like the Celtics. I just don't know if he plays for Toronto or some mediocare team. None of us will know until the big 3 are gone.             
    Who cares what he`d do in Toronto. When you or dudder become GM, you can send him there. Maybe trade him for the immortal Calderon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge was right, when he preferred Rondo to Roy or Foye : One..that's how you measure a good point guard. As I mentioned, put Paul-Rose to that group, they will put a staggering individual statistics,  Rondo will not (he can't shoot). Assist in a bad team does not mean anything....unless its a point. Then reverse it, put Rondo to a good team who understand team concept...he will shine.

Well he is shining, so what is your point?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Che blather destroyed by realistic fact on this thread... good work real fans

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

"Assist in a bad team does not mean anything....unless its a point."

An assist is only credited when a player scores. Rondo can shoot he just tries to be a pass first player. Rondo will be the best player on most of the teams in the NBA and would shine on them also. You say we don't know? Well we know that he would shine based on current performance than you know he wouldn't "shine".

Remember what the director of the predraft camp in Orlando said about Rondo. He said he was the best athlete and when the listener said "Oh, he was the best athlete this year" the director said no....he was the best athlete ever to be there. We are not just talking about any player. We are talking about a very special player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

"Ainge was right, when he preferred Rondo to Roy or Foye"

I hate to toot my own horn (not really, lol), but so was I.  I wanted Rondo with the 7th pick.  Most didn't think I knew what I was talking about because Rondo couldn't shoot, but I watched this kid in Kentucky and knew he was special.  Danny has been watching him since his high school days.