Ainge will trade Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Ainge will trade Rondo

I think Ainge will find a taker for Rondo. It may not be the blockbuster dealit could've been without his injury but I think Rondo has played his last game in a Celtics uniform.

The C's are going for it this year.

I believe it will be a team that is building and this season is lost. The Kings, Hawks, Jazz or Lakers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Ainge will trade Rondo

Who was it who said Rondo for Evans and Cousins????????

Last summer????

I'll give you one guess.......his name is a fictional character from a great Mel Brooks movie!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

If the Celts can get Cousins for Rondo then I'll be very happy.

Rondo, 1st round pick, and Melo for Cousins and Evans!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I think Ainge will find a taker for Rondo. It may not be the blockbuster dealit could've been without his injury but I think Rondo has played his last game in a Celtics uniform.

The C's are going for it this year.

I believe it will be a team that is building and this season is lost. The Kings, Hawks, Jazz or Lakers.

Rondo to PHX for Gortat and a pick works in the trade machine!!! PHX's season is over and they are fighting for the lottery. DO IT!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Another source said there was All-Star break talk of Oklahoma City exploring Marcin Gortat and P.J. Tucker for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick. Arizona Republic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I really don't see the need to trade Rondo.  As things are somewhat settling down and the Rondo factor is gone, we're seeing this team's shortcomings.  I saw alot of ball stoppages last night.  When we're moving it, we're moving it well and we're getting good shots.  But when we're not moving it, with or without Rondo, we are mediocre at best.

I just don't see AB as a PG of the future just yet.  His handle is extremely suspect and he is not a floor leader  He needs to slow the game down.  He moves too fast.  He's developing but he "spaces out" way too much.  He commits alot of stupid turnovers as does Rondo but I've yet to see AB drop a triple double when the stage is brightest.

We really have yet to see, for any extended period, a backcourt of Rondo and AB with say, Terry and Lee coming off the bench.

If an injured Rondo can command an impact player now, then I'm all for it.  But I just don't want us to trade Rondo because of our recent success.  We may be thinking totally different after 4 more road games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Rondo+Bass+#1 for Josh Smith

Rondo+Bass+Melo+#1 for Cousins+Evans

Rondo+Bass+#1 for Howard

Rondo+Bass for Millap+Mo Williams

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I really don't see the need to trade Rondo.  As things are somewhat settling down and the Rondo factor is gone, we're seeing this team's shortcomings.  I saw alot of ball stoppages last night.  When we're moving it, we're moving it well and we're getting good shots.  But when we're not moving it, with or without Rondo, we are mediocre at best.

I just don't see AB as a PG of the future just yet.  His handle is extremely suspect and he is not a floor leader  He needs to slow the game down.  He moves too fast.  He's developing but he "spaces out" way too much.  He commits alot of stupid turnovers as does Rondo but I've yet to see AB drop a triple double when the stage is brightest.

We really have yet to see, for any extended period, a backcourt of Rondo and AB with say, Terry and Lee coming off the bench.

If an injured Rondo can command an impact player now, then I'm all for it.  But I just don't want us to trade Rondo because of our recent success.  We may be thinking totally different after 4 more road games.

I think last night's game was a result of the team not being together over 4-5 days andvery little practice. Let's remember PP played horrible and they had 36-16 FT advantage and we lost by 7 and were right there to win it. I think the ball movement will return tonight and PP has a great game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rondo+Bass+#1 for Josh Smith

Rondo+Bass+Melo+#1 for Cousins+Evans

Rondo+Bass+#1 for Howard

Rondo+Bass for Millap+Mo Williams

There's also no reason to believe that Rondo will come back with the same gifts he had pre-injury. I take ANY of the trades you propose here vs. rolling the dice on RR's ability to be the same athlete AND adjust his game/mental state to fit the style they are employing now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge should really pursue Utah for Millsap and Mo Williams. Both have 1 year left on their deals. Utah can absorb Rondo not being on the court right now because they have Foye, Watson and Tinley to finish the year.

Millsap gives us the inside/outside/rebounding that Bass couldn't give us. Mo Williams gives us another shooter off the bench. Try to resign Millsap after the season and now we have Millsap and Sully as out PFs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I think last night's game was a result of the team not being together over 4-5 days andvery little practice. Let's remember PP played horrible and they had 36-16 FT advantage and we lost by 7 and were right there to win it. I think the ball movement will return tonight and PP has a great game.

I think if Doc went with the hot hands of Lee, Green down the stretch and sat PP for a bit, this team would have won last night.  I also think that if KG kicked the ball out to the 3pt arc, to anyone of Green, Lee or Terry instead of forcing it into the triple team they would have had a much better shot and a better chance of winning.  Last night, no matter how you look at it, was a loss but against a very tough Denver squad on the road.  Nothing to be ashamed of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

There is little reason to believe that R9R brings us a game changer in trade, torn ACL or no torn ACL.

My guess is that GMs seriously question Rondo's value outside of the Celtic bubble that he has played in for 7 seasons with management bending over backwards to accomodate his "game."

The one notable excursion away from doc-dom.... the 2010 FIBA squad that blossomed w/o him when he quit the team.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think last night's game showed a few other things too that have nothing to do with not playing for 4-5 days.  Teams are beginning to devise a plan to defend us better.  Last night, on too many occasions you saw Jason Terry or Jeff Green and on one awful possession Brandon Bass holding the ball trying to make something happen one-on-one as the shot clock wound down.

You saw Denver extending their defense taking away the constant perimeter passing and that caused some guys to literally freeze holding the ball.  Bass going one-on-one and Green literally standing out front palming the ball while doing nothing with it defeats our offense.

Tonight, I really hope we return to the ball movement we saw during our 7 game streak because without it, we don't have the one-on-one players who can get it done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

There is little reason to believe that R9R brings us a game changer in trade, torn ACL or no torn ACL.

My guess is that GMs seriously question Rondo's value outside of the Celtic bubble that he has played in for 7 seasons with management bending over backwards to accomodate his "game."

The one notable excursion away from doc-dom.... the 2010 FIBA squad that blossomed w/o him when he quit the team.

Pud

A team with Kevin Durant,  Derrick Rose,  Michael Westbrook, Kevin Love and Rudy Gay managed to succeed wihout Rondo!!??? How is this possible? Did these scrubs suddenly blossom in Rondo's absense?

Just think all of them could have productive NBA careers if they don't play with Rondo.

'Really pud that's what you got? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Let's keep in mind Denver is a deep team. KG was gassed due to the altitude and that's why they are 23-3 at home. It's a tough place to play. With all that said 36-16 FTs advantage...you just can't win when the desparity is that great.

Teams hate to play defense when the ball is moving...they hate it. Before how many times did we see Rondo holding the ball...6,5,4,3,2 and then he has to jack up a crazy shot or he'll pass it at the last moment...frustrating. Now we may still see the shot clock get very low but it's because they're OVERPASSING now...which is a good thing in the grand scheme.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think last night's game showed a few other things too that have nothing to do with not playing for 4-5 days.  Teams are beginning to devise a plan to defend us better.  Last night, on too many occasions you saw Jason Terry or Jeff Green and on one awful possession Brandon Bass holding the ball trying to make something happen one-on-one as the shot clock wound down.

You saw Denver extending their defense taking away the constant perimeter passing and that caused some guys to literally freeze holding the ball.  Bass going one-on-one and Green literally standing out front palming the ball while doing nothing with it defeats our offense.

Tonight, I really hope we return to the ball movement we saw during our 7 game streak because without it, we don't have the one-on-one players who can get it done.

yeah, the Celtics really had trouble getting into an offensive at all. I was thinking, When did the nuggets become a great defensive team? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

RallyC,

I would also trade Rondo for Gortat at this point in time as I think that reasonably talented point guard can be found for next year's team to replace Rondo.

I think that the current roster has shown much more that it can move the ball offensively much more than they can rebound, defend in the paint and score in the paint.

Also, I like Gortat much more than Josh Smith.

Sections
Shortcuts