Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

The Boston Celtics under Danny Ainge have hurt the NBA the last 7 years.

Ainge has built a slow down ,low scoring defensive minded team that is not fun to watch. The games are usually in the 80 point range with frequent half time scores of 40-32. The pace of the games are so slow it is like watching paint dry. Rondo palms the ball up the court and then dribbles for 15 seconds and then passes the ball to either Pierce or Garnett who backend their way to the basket looking for the foul. Pierce lives at the line as he has the best flop in the game. Rondo gets an assist for watching Garnett or Pierce go one on one.

Ainge likes dirty players who hold,slap,grab and of course trash talk. Last year Boston had the top 3 trash talkers according to ESPN in the league,Pierce -Garnett and Rondo.Nice role models for our kids to watch,most of my basketball playing friends can't stand the C's and root for the Lakers,Spurs or Heat.

This style of low scoring one on one defensive minded ball almost destroyed  the NBA back in the 1990's when the Piston and Knicks used it to win some titles.
    The NBA had meetings and tried to convince the owners to stop this style of play and for 10 years they all did,Until Ainge came along and deployed this same junk ball style.

The fast break is dead in Boston , and the 2012 Celtics will be boring to watch,
    Boston should just play half court next year.

I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball and leave this team to the pink hat fans.

Take care RunFrown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

Hey Run.

You've posted this same post around 27 times over the last 5 years.  

Take care,

Snake

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He lost me at roll model - I prefer my rolls hot out of the oven, how about you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

In Response to Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Celtics under Danny Ainge have hurt the NBA the last 7 years. Ainge has built a slow down ,low scoring defensive minded team that is not fun to watch. The games are usually in the 80 point range with frequent half time scores of 40-32. The pace of the games are so slow it is like watching paint dry. Rondo palms the ball up the court and then dribbles for 15 seconds and then passes the ball to either Pierce or Garnett who backend their way to the basket looking for the foul. Pierce lives at the line as he has the best flop in the game. Rondo gets an assist for watching Garnett or Pierce go one on one. Ainge likes dirty players who hold,slap,grab and of course trash talk. Last year Boston had the top 3 trash talkers according to ESPN in the league,Pierce -Garnett and Rondo.Nice roll models for our kids to watch,most of my basketball playing friends can't stand the C's and root for the Lakers,Spurs or Heat. This style of low scoring one on one defensive minded ball almost destroyed  the NBA back in the 1990's when the Piston and Knicks used it to win some titles. The NBA had meetings and tried to convince the owners to stop this style of play and for 10 years they all did,Until Ainge came along and deployed this same junk ball style.   The fast break is dead in Boston , and the 2012 Celtics will be boring to watch, Boston should just play half court next year. I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball and leave this team to the pink hat fans. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the Celtics are boring and not very successful. Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]. ....  I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball ...  Take care Run

goodbye, you won't be missed....   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

The only reason why the Lakers are entertaining is because half of them took acting lessons from stars in Hollywood.

But you know what's really bad for the nba?

People like run who wants to turn each basketball game into an all-star game performance.

i.e. no defense, all offense, chucking 3s from 30 ft out with 20 seconds on the clock and basically not giving a crap about the score until 5 minutes left in the game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    [QUOTE]Hey Run. You've posted this same post around 27 times over the last 5 years.   Take care, Snake
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Snake

I will keep posting it until Ainge is gone. How can you enjoy 38-35 half time scores? Don't you like fast paced games and running the break? I loved the old C's teams and the 80 Laker teams.

Run

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]He lost me at roll model - I prefer my rolls hot out of the oven, how about you?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

hed

Spell check changed it on me, please address the question do you like low scoring thug ball? The C's are hurting the NBA with this style of play. Don't you miss the fast break of old C's teams?

Run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Run's on a "roll" now!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

The only thing bad for the NBA is you. Jordan, Magic and Bird were some of the biggest trash talkers ever. If you want a role model, try being one yourself. How many teams have won an NBA Title in the last 7 years? The answer is five and Boston is one of them. Sounds pretty succesful to me!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

A)  The Celts have walked the ball up the court too frequently for 20 years -- it far precedes Ainge (and even extends to Pitino.)

B)  The "classic" celtics did play fast break ball, but also relied on defense.

C)  Name me one title the Knicks won in the 80s and 90s.

D) "Showtime" is a losing strategy nowadays.,

E) Just ask Mike D'Antoni.

F)  Slowdown ball was why the zone defense was outlawed for years.  Why is it back?

G)  I do like transition basketball -- but I like whatever it takes to win better.

H) Ainge ain't the problem.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing bad for the NBA is you. Jordan, Magic and Bird were some of the biggest trash talkers ever. If you want a role model, try being one yourself. How many teams have won an NBA Title in the last 7 years? The answer is five and Boston is one of them. Sounds pretty succesful to me!
    Posted by ronnie0729[/QUOTE]

1 championship every 26 years is succesful to you?  Oh yeah, you are Celtics fan. 

Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : hed Spell check changed it on me, please address the question do you like low scoring thug ball? The C's are hurting the NBA with this style of play. Don't you miss the fast break of old C's teams? Run

It is what it is

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Run ...were you old enough for those older days?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics will be one of the fastest teams in transition in the NBA this year.  Rondo and Bradley are two of the fastest players in the NBA if not the fastest(Rondo has said he can outrun the fastest NFL running backs).  Green runs like a deer.  Courtney Lee will be far faster than Ray Allen.  Garnett even at 36 can get up and down the floor faster than ninety per cent of the centers in the NBA.  All in all Run, the Celtics will blow the doors off most teams when they want to.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Snake I will keep posting it until Ainge is gone. How can you enjoy 38-35 half time scores? Don't you like fast paced games and running the break? I loved the old C's teams and the 80 Laker teams. Run

run.

but you keep saying you are going to leave and stop watching and you never do. It makes you seem like you might be insane.

Take care,

Snake

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing bad for the NBA is you. Jordan, Magic and Bird were some of the biggest trash talkers ever. If you want a role model, try being one yourself. How many teams have won an NBA Title in the last 7 years? The answer is five and Boston is one of them. Sounds pretty succesful to me!
    Posted by ronnie0729[/QUOTE]

Well Son!  Based on that theory the LAKERS have been MORE SUCCESSFUL than the Celtics in the last seven years.  Wow, you just punched Rame in the Grill!  Enjoy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Well Son!  Based on that theory the LAKERS have been MORE SUCCESSFUL than the Celtics in the last seven years.  Wow, you just punched Rame in the Grill!  Enjoy!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

+2

Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : +2
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]
    -100 for thanking yourself Bynum!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : -100 for thanking yourself Bynum!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

-4 for thinking kobedaman and I are the same individual. Wow!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Duh! I don't find this team dull at all. They play hard, they are skilled...they will fast break when the occasion presents itself. With Green and Lee to run with him, as well as Bradley when he's well, you should see Rondo running more often. He's as exciting a PG as there is in the league! He pushes the ball when he can, and when he can't, he slows it down. That makes sense to me!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : -100 for thanking yourself Bynum!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Poor concord27 confused as ever!  lmao

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE] I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball and leave this team to the pink hat fans. Take care Run

Well run I can think of another place you can go (they might watch games there too)....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

How far back are you going Run?

Rondo would beat DJ and an old Tiny Archibald in a foot race any day. I'll take KG over Parrish back in the day too. Bradley is just as fast as Rondo. McHale was a black hole and just planted himself in the post. Bird was one of the slowest guys in the league.

The Pitino era didn't play defense. The Aurebach era was a true fast break offense where the ball never touched the floor when it went up the court but that was almost 50 years ago and players were much different then. 

The athletes are better and play is more above the rim now. Shots are more contested on the permiter and in the post. On top of that, 3 point shooting is more of a priority now than the past higher perecentage mid-range shots. This is why scoring is down. Not because of a lack of fast break or Ainge's bullying offense. If we had a true bull of an offense, then we would have more players like Wes Unseld, not KG who has two pipe cleaners for legs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Well Son!  Based on that theory the LAKERS have been MORE SUCCESSFUL than the Celtics in the last seven years.  Wow, you just punched Rame in the Grill!  Enjoy!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Of course the Lakers have been more succesful in the last 7 years.

What's the point dude?

Sections
Shortcuts