Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : -4 for thinking kobedaman and I are the same individual. Wow!!
    Posted by BynumizaHERO[/QUOTE]
    -10 for being obsessed with the Celtics as a Laker fan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

Poor oldschool, still hining for his D-League white heroes Pittsnoggle and Coppenwrath.

Bitter oldschool = successful Celtics team.

In other words: keep being bitter, oldschool.

Take care,

Steve

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Of course the Lakers have been more succesful in the last 7 years. What's the point dude?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Well, not accroding to your fellow poster Rameakap.  Enjoy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Well, not accroding to your fellow poster Rameakap.  Enjoy!
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

Enjoy what?

I am not Ram.

Celtics are better all time, Lakers have been better last 7.

Lakers weren't a threat last year.

We aren't children.  this stuff isn't that hard to figure out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Well, not accroding to your fellow poster Rameakap.  Enjoy!

He said last FIVE years ding a ling!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

High scoring games are more fun to watch  than  low scoring  games?
    That's the gist, eh?
    Using that logic, it's more fun to watch women in colorful shorts and tank tops than it is  to watch men dressed the same way.
    My conclusion is you're probably the only poster here who hasn't started one thread that makes any sense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics will be one of the fastest teams in transition in the NBA this year.  Rondo and Bradley are two of the fastest players in the NBA if not the fastest(Rondo has said he can outrun the fastest NFL running backs).  Green runs like a deer.  Courtney Lee will be far faster than Ray Allen.  Garnett even at 36 can get up and down the floor faster than ninety per cent of the centers in the NBA.  All in all Run, the Celtics will blow the doors off most teams when they want to.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

concord

Boston has not run and will not run this year. Pierce likes a slow down game and is the captain. Paul will not allow Rondo to run past him.Paul likes the ball down low so he can milk the clock and bull his way to the hoop,looking for the foul.

Boston is to old to run, Garnett 37 Pierce 35 Terry 36  also Wilcox and Green are coming off of major heart surgery so don't look for them running. Both men lost 20 pounds in the last year,wait until you see them.I have seen them both this spring and they don't look good.

Take care Run

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]Poor oldschool, still hining for his D-League white heroes Pittsnoggle and Coppenwrath. Bitter oldschool = successful Celtics team. In other words: keep being bitter, oldschool. Take care, Steve
    Posted by stevekubersky[/QUOTE]

Hello Kuberski one of my favorite players on teh 70's Celtic teams. That was a great C's team won 73 games  Hondo White Chaney Cowens Silas and a great bench Kubersky  and they ran a great fast break, funny how you like this slowball 2012 Celtic team ?

Thanks Dan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

All I said was the Celtics have had 3 seasons with more success in the last 5 years to LA's 2.... so, umm, the truth... man you are an ignorant troll. I also said I'd of course rather have the 2 titles in that time instead of 1... God you have a small mind.

Of course in the last 2 years I'd certainly take Boston's seasons, at least we won a 2nd rd game in '11 despite total team disarray, unlike LA being one of the worst defending champs in history with a suspension filled punk loser sweep. Boston NEVER went out like that, EVER. Even when Pierce was immature during game 6 vs. Indy in '05 with his 'bandage'  we took that team to 7. And it was nowhere near the criminal assault type bad sportsmanship of Bynum/Odom of course.

Then this year we were up 3-2 despite half the team out/hurt on the eventual champs, who would dismantle OKC in the same way OKC dismatled a weak LA squad who couldn't make it as far as Boston (again) and we saw Kobe with tears in his eyes and Bynum, the guy you are about to extend, not caring at all or showing any effort despite being the 2nd best player in the series (if he applied himself)

But thanks for playing along, I can tear you a new one anytime

17-16

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : -4 for thinking kobedaman and I are the same individual. Wow!!

A troll is a troll. Nobody cares.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

In Response to Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Celtics under Danny Ainge have hurt the NBA the last 7 years. Ainge has built a slow down ,low scoring defensive minded team that is not fun to watch. The games are usually in the 80 point range with frequent half time scores of 40-32. The pace of the games are so slow it is like watching paint dry. Rondo palms the ball up the court and then dribbles for 15 seconds and then passes the ball to either Pierce or Garnett who backend their way to the basket looking for the foul. Pierce lives at the line as he has the best flop in the game. Rondo gets an assist for watching Garnett or Pierce go one on one. Ainge likes dirty players who hold,slap,grab and of course trash talk. Last year Boston had the top 3 trash talkers according to ESPN in the league,Pierce -Garnett and Rondo.Nice role models for our kids to watch,most of my basketball playing friends can't stand the C's and root for the Lakers,Spurs or Heat. This style of low scoring one on one defensive minded ball almost destroyed  the NBA back in the 1990's when the Piston and Knicks used it to win some titles. The NBA had meetings and tried to convince the owners to stop this style of play and for 10 years they all did,Until Ainge came along and deployed this same junk ball style.   The fast break is dead in Boston , and the 2012 Celtics will be boring to watch, Boston should just play half court next year. I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball and leave this team to the pink hat fans. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

Actually, the man who is responsible for the great Celtics defense that you fear, was hired as the head coach of the Chicago Bulls. Now they are also a highly respected team. So if you were correct in your rant, why is the Celtics style being successfully used as a model in the league? Why are both teams playoff bound each season? Why did James and Wade say that Boston was the toughest team to play? You may think that flashy transition 360 degree windmill dunks are what the NBA is all about, but that's just streetball. Defense wins championships. Don't believe me? Count the banners.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Snake I will keep posting it until Ainge is gone. How can you enjoy 38-35 half time scores? Don't you like fast paced games and running the break? I loved the old C's teams and the 80 Laker teams. Run

You must like the All-Star game too. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : All I said was the Celtics have had 3 seasons with more success in the last 5 years to LA's 2.... so, umm, the truth ... man you are an ignorant troll. I also said I'd of course rather have the 2 titles in that time instead of 1... God you have a small mind. Of course in the last 2 years I'd certainly take Boston's seasons, at least we won a 2nd rd game in '11 despite total team disarray, unlike LA being one of the worst defending champs in history with a suspension filled punk loser sweep. Boston NEVER went out like that, EVER. Even when Pierce was immature during game 6 vs. Indy in '05 with his 'bandage'  we took that team to 7. And it was nowhere near the criminal assault type bad sportsmanship of Bynum/Odom of course. Then this year we were up 3-2 despite half the team out/hurt on the eventual champs, who would dismantle OKC in the same way OKC dismatled a weak LA squad who couldn't make it as far as Boston (again) and we saw Kobe with tears in his eyes and Bynum, the guy you are about to extend, not caring at all or showing any effort despite being the 2nd best player in the series (if he applied himself) But thanks for playing along, I can tear you a new one anytime 17-16
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Laughable. 

How many championships did the Celtics win in the last 7 years? Now what about the Lakers? If you are basing success on how far teams get in the playoffs, then you must know that the Lakers are far superior than the Celtics all time as they have the most Finals appearances. So which is it? Quit contradicting yourself kid, as you are looking quite foolish and immature.

Thanks for allowing me to tear you a new one AGAIN. Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Celtics under Danny Ainge have hurt the NBA the last 7 years. Ainge has built a slow down ,low scoring defensive minded team that is not fun to watch. The games are usually in the 80 point range with frequent half time scores of 40-32. The pace of the games are so slow it is like watching paint dry. Rondo palms the ball up the court and then dribbles for 15 seconds and then passes the ball to either Pierce or Garnett who backend their way to the basket looking for the foul. Pierce lives at the line as he has the best flop in the game. Rondo gets an assist for watching Garnett or Pierce go one on one. Ainge likes dirty players who hold,slap,grab and of course trash talk. Last year Boston had the top 3 trash talkers according to ESPN in the league,Pierce -Garnett and Rondo.Nice role models for our kids to watch,most of my basketball playing friends can't stand the C's and root for the Lakers,Spurs or Heat. This style of low scoring one on one defensive minded ball almost destroyed  the NBA back in the 1990's when the Piston and Knicks used it to win some titles. The NBA had meetings and tried to convince the owners to stop this style of play and for 10 years they all did,Until Ainge came along and deployed this same junk ball style.   The fast break is dead in Boston , and the 2012 Celtics will be boring to watch, Boston should just play half court next year. I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball and leave this team to the pink hat fans. Take care Run
    Where this guy came from? What a weirdo.The celtics are just fine.Rondo a trash talker.The guy never open his mouth during the games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Laughable.  How many championships did the Celtics win in the last 7 years? Now what about the Lakers? If you are basing success on how far teams get in the playoffs, then you must know that the Lakers are far superior than the Celtics all time as they have the most Finals appearances. So which is it? Quit contradicting yourself kid, as you are looking quite foolish and immature. Thanks for allowing me to tear you a new one AGAIN.

you never do anything but make me laugh with your idiocy

I was mocking the Faker fans who think that winning titles more recently, going farther in more playoffs (and counting the MN titles) gets you anywhere by saying we had the more succesful past 5 years. Laker fans think dumb things like that. Celtic fans count total titles. 2 beats 1, like 17 beats 16.

The Celtics are the greatest franchise of all-time b/c of 17-16 and b/c despite winning more titles in the past 25 years, the Lakers stealing and disrespecting the Minny championships (from the 50's no less) really puts an asterisk by those 16.

and of course the point is that an ignorant fool like komeisdaselfishman or w/e is going to get played by someone, he is too dense to see my comments on the last 5 years were mocking his weak Laker cheerleader drivel and then was even more pathetic to lie and say '7 years' when it was 5. Just like his signature says I predicted 4 sign and trades when I only predcited 1 or 2... the man is a liar

just like you (If OKC beat my Lakers I will retire from this board, but they will be beating the Heat in the finals" hahahahahahahahaha)

thanks for playing

Surprised

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

I love the way the celtics play. I think its fun to watch. I hate watching basketball where no defense is played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : All I said was the Celtics have had 3 seasons with more success in the last 5 years to LA's 2.... so, umm, the truth ... man you are an ignorant troll. I also said I'd of course rather have the 2 titles in that time instead of 1... God you have a small mind. Of course in the last 2 years I'd certainly take Boston's seasons, at least we won a 2nd rd game in '11 despite total team disarray, unlike LA being one of the worst defending champs in history with a suspension filled punk loser sweep. Boston NEVER went out like that, EVER. Even when Pierce was immature during game 6 vs. Indy in '05 with his 'bandage'  we took that team to 7. And it was nowhere near the criminal assault type bad sportsmanship of Bynum/Odom of course. Then this year we were up 3-2 despite half the team out/hurt on the eventual champs, who would dismantle OKC in the same way OKC dismatled a weak LA squad who couldn't make it as far as Boston (again) and we saw Kobe with tears in his eyes and Bynum, the guy you are about to extend, not caring at all or showing any effort despite being the 2nd best player in the series (if he applied himself) But thanks for playing along, I can tear you a new one anytime 17-16
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    They(the C's) went out worse in 2010 by choking up a 3-2 series lead and double digit lead in the 2nd half of game 7 with every Celtic fan within a 200 mile radius singing "We are Champions."  Enjoy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

Boston's style is in part a factor in why during the 2010-11 season the Celtics averaged 116,000 households on CSN compared to the Lakers who averaged 271,000 households on Fox Sports West. No wonder the Lakers now start this season with their television deal with Time Warner Cable averaging $200million a year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Boston's style is in part a factor in why during the 2010-11 season the Celtics averaged 116,000 households on CSN compared to the Lakers who averaged 271,000 households on Fox Sports West. No wonder the Lakers now start this season with their television deal with Time Warner Cable averaging $200million a year.
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]

You don't think population has anything to do with that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : You don't think population has anything to do with that?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Partly, but as I said earlier only Boston die hard fans would wanna watch their team win in an 88-86 game. The majority would rather see their teams win (of course) in a 108-106 game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Partly, but as I said earlier only Boston die hard fans would wanna watch their team win in an 88-86 game. The majority would rather see their teams win (of course) in a 108-106 game.
    Posted by LAL 32[/QUOTE]

Population of Greater LA is over 17 million.  Population of Greater Boston is around 7 million.

The percentage of households that you listed with TV packages is about the same.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Run, I had to take you off ignore to get a bit of a sense for your latest absurdity. 

Just want to get clear with you, you do realize that you have no idea about professional basketball right? 

Sure, Bird versus Magic was the glory days of the NBA. Everyone knows that. What you fail to consider is that the modern NBA has the problems you talk about across the board. Just about everyone would admit it's not as good a brand of basketball. 

That said, if you didn't enjoy the seven game series against the Heat and all the drama of the young guns against the Celts wiley veterans, then I feel sorry for you. 

I'm a big Ainge critic but I really feel sorry for you watching old NBA film on the television while the rest of us watch playoff basketball. You do realize before Ainge that we went through a ton of losing basketball right? 

You want the Pitino era again? Go ahead. Enjoy. 

I personally enjoy advancing in the playoffs. 

And your favorite run and gun team, the Phoenix Suns, never won a championship. Never got that close really. You think their fans would have traded with half court San Antonio to get to the finals and win? You bet! 

You value run and gun, some of us prefer to watch our team win, which means defense and half court sets. Lebron doesn't learn to play in the post, the Heat don't win a title either. 

You do realize that Rondo can run the fast break right? He just needs younger players around him and better rebounding and we should see more fast break ball. 

I'm really getting sick of you coming in here with your demographic complaints and impossible comparisons to 80s teams (as if the Lakers aren't a half court team as well now - welcome to reality). 

Either get behind this team and get excited about watching winning basketball or just go away. I'm not responding to you again because you're worse than the Lakers trolls - who love your pathetic stuff as you noticed. At least they never turned their back on their own team like you did. You're the worst fan in here. If you are a fan at all. 

Get your Lebron jersey and move on.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : They(the C's) went out worse in 2010 by choking up a 3-2 series lead and double digit lead in the 2nd half of game 7 with every Celtic fan within a 200 mile radius singing "We are Champions."  Enjoy!

hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

torn a new one? you come back with "going down fighting to the younger healthier champs was worse than 4-0 sweeps with suspensions and 4-1 humiliations???"

hahahahahahahahahahahah

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Agreed, the Celtics are boring and not very successful.

GoodBye LA Troll !!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : +2

Yes your IQ.