Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA

In Response to Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    The Boston Celtics under Danny Ainge have hurt the NBA the last 7 years. Ainge has built a slow down ,low scoring defensive minded team that is not fun to watch. The games are usually in the 80 point range with frequent half time scores of 40-32. The pace of the games are so slow it is like watching paint dry. Rondo palms the ball up the court and then dribbles for 15 seconds and then passes the ball to either Pierce or Garnett who backend their way to the basket looking for the foul. Pierce lives at the line as he has the best flop in the game. Rondo gets an assist for watching Garnett or Pierce go one on one. Ainge likes dirty players who hold,slap,grab and of course trash talk. Last year Boston had the top 3 trash talkers according to ESPN in the league,Pierce -Garnett and Rondo.Nice role models for our kids to watch,most of my basketball playing friends can't stand the C's and root for the Lakers,Spurs or Heat. This style of low scoring one on one defensive minded ball almost destroyed  the NBA back in the 1990's when the Piston and Knicks used it to win some titles. The NBA had meetings and tried to convince the owners to stop this style of play and for 10 years they all did,Until Ainge came along and deployed this same junk ball style.   The fast break is dead in Boston , and the 2012 Celtics will be boring to watch, Boston should just play half court next year. I will go watch the classic NBA network and watch the old Celtic play real fast break exciting basketball and leave this team to the pink hat fans. Take care Run
    Posted by runrunandrun

DIRTY players?  i'll admit that KG has done some dirty things in his time in the league, but he's not what i'd consider a TOUGH player.  i mean we could have used some tough guys the last few years.  shakk was a decent "you drive, you dive" foul threat in the paint.

but what the crap- how could you think of pierce, kg and rondo as dirty players.  they are tame players.  most of the time i wish rondo would be more aggressive on offense and defense.  if you think pierce has the best flop in the league then you haven't seen many.  and pierce doesn't draw that many charges any more, never really did.

i think you have a phony premise there.  but it's true the celts have built slow down teams.  they kind have had to given the core of the team.  maybe this year with terry, bradley, green, wilcox + rondo we can quicken the pace a little bit to our advantage- easy points and the older guys catch a break and hang back.

this team will be the YOUNGEST, if not the most questionable rebounding-wise that we have had yet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I have to confess I love KG and what he has contributed to the franchise... but his punching an opposing player in the 'Nads sometime back while lunging low at the player taking a shot.... really made me stop and wonder.

KG justified his dirty play by suggesting that its "war" out there and you do what you have to do to survive.

I've never noticed that sort of play before... that that was certainly dirty and unnecessary.

In general, I  love KG's trash talking nastiness.... mostly...  but when he directed it recently at AlJefferson and clearly intimidated him with it... I didn't like it so much at all. It seemed mean and personal... and sadistic.

But then I always liked AJ and would welcome him back to the green team.

With Rondo, he's not going to get down/dirty with other players... only with refs. He's going to pick out the smallest person on the court (who can't physically retaliate) to go after.... and that's the ref.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In response to "Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA":
    In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Partly, but as I said earlier only Boston die hard fans would wanna watch their team win in an 88-86 game. The majority would rather see their teams win (of course) in a 108-106 game. Posted by LAL 32
    Shouldn't you, run and others be guarding bridges???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA:
    Run, I had to take you off ignore to get a bit of a sense for your latest absurdity.  Just want to get clear with you, you do realize that you have no idea about professional basketball right?  Sure, Bird versus Magic was the glory days of the NBA. Everyone knows that. What you fail to consider is that the modern NBA has the problems you talk about across the board. Just about everyone would admit it's not as good a brand of basketball.  That said, if you didn't enjoy the seven game series against the Heat and all the drama of the young guns against the Celts wiley veterans, then I feel sorry for you.  I'm a big Ainge critic but I really feel sorry for you watching old NBA film on the television while the rest of us watch playoff basketball. You do realize before Ainge that we went through a ton of losing basketball right?  You want the Pitino era again? Go ahead. Enjoy.  I personally enjoy advancing in the playoffs.  And your favorite run and gun team, the Phoenix Suns, never won a championship. Never got that close really. You think their fans would have traded with half court San Antonio to get to the finals and win? You bet!  You value run and gun, some of us prefer to watch our team win, which means defense and half court sets. Lebron doesn't learn to play in the post, the Heat don't win a title either.  You do realize that Rondo can run the fast break right? He just needs younger players around him and better rebounding and we should see more fast break ball.  I'm really getting sick of you coming in here with your demographic complaints and impossible comparisons to 80s teams (as if the Lakers aren't a half court team as well now - welcome to reality).  Either get behind this team and get excited about watching winning basketball or just go away. I'm not responding to you again because you're worse than the Lakers trolls - who love your pathetic stuff as you noticed. At least they never turned their back on their own team like you did. You're the worst fan in here. If you are a fan at all.  Get your Lebron jersey and move on.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Again... not a shred of evidence that Spanky has ever actually put another poster on IGNORE.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Let's see  --  you rebound  --  kick the ball out  --  run the floor  --  beat them down the floor  --  get an easy basket  =  Fast Break!

# 1  --  You REBOUND.

Forget it.    Frown

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

I love the way the celtics play. I think its fun to watch. I hate watching basketball where no defense is played.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth

Walking the ball up the court is not defense,taking 22 seconds off the shot clock every time down is not defense. Trash talking is not good defense,dirty fouls are not good defense. Boston under Ainge and Doc play thug ball,bad for the NBA period.

Run

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The Celtics do play an ugly game and only a die hard Boston fan would go and watch them. However, you do have to do what your built for and as such Boston has to play a slow defensive game to be competitive. No harm in that but I just wouldn't pay to see that.
    Posted by LAL 32

I would rather watch the Celtics play any day than watch Kobe jack up shots with 2 guys draped all over him.  You know, the ones that used to go in but don't anymore!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Run, I had to take you off ignore to get a bit of a sense for your latest absurdity.  Just want to get clear with you, you do realize that you have no idea about professional basketball right?  Sure, Bird versus Magic was the glory days of the NBA. Everyone knows that. What you fail to consider is that the modern NBA has the problems you talk about across the board. Just about everyone would admit it's not as good a brand of basketball.  That said, if you didn't enjoy the seven game series against the Heat and all the drama of the young guns against the Celts wiley veterans, then I feel sorry for you.  I'm a big Ainge critic but I really feel sorry for you watching old NBA film on the television while the rest of us watch playoff basketball. You do realize before Ainge that we went through a ton of losing basketball right?  You want the Pitino era again? Go ahead. Enjoy.  I personally enjoy advancing in the playoffs.  And your favorite run and gun team, the Phoenix Suns, never won a championship. Never got that close really. You think their fans would have traded with half court San Antonio to get to the finals and win? You bet!  You value run and gun, some of us prefer to watch our team win, which means defense and half court sets. Lebron doesn't learn to play in the post, the Heat don't win a title either.  You do realize that Rondo can run the fast break right? He just needs younger players around him and better rebounding and we should see more fast break ball.  I'm really getting sick of you coming in here with your demographic complaints and impossible comparisons to 80s teams (as if the Lakers aren't a half court team as well now - welcome to reality).  Either get behind this team and get excited about watching winning basketball or just go away. I'm not responding to you again because you're worse than the Lakers trolls - who love your pathetic stuff as you noticed. At least they never turned their back on their own team like you did. You're the worst fan in here. If you are a fan at all.  Get your Lebron jersey and move on.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Hi Boston TrollSpanker

I am not a troll at all. I am just a concerned fan of the C's and the NBA.
    You state the NBA game has problems and other teams play the same style as Boston. This defensive/slow down style is hurting the NBA and the owners know it. The problem starts in College as coaches know they can win using this aggressive style of play. Players live in the weight room,use steroids and the coaches teach physical play. The refs allow the fouls because the game is too fast to see the contact and every player on defense is fouling all at the same time. I have many college coaching friends who tell me they have no choice but to play the same way or lose. Coaches now recruit players who have little offensive skill and instead recruit strong aggressive defensive type players.

The game could be fixed if the officials are trained to call the game correctly and close. You could call a foul every time down and should until this style of dirty play stops. I played div 1 and semi pro ball and can tell you the game now favors the strong over the highly skilled athletes. So the games will be ugly to watch and scores will be 80-76.

Take care Run

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : DIRTY players?  i'll admit that KG has done some dirty things in his time in the league, but he's not what i'd consider a TOUGH player.  i mean we could have used some tough guys the last few years.  shakk was a decent "you drive, you dive" foul threat in the paint. but what the crap- how could you think of pierce, kg and rondo as dirty players.  they are tame players.  most of the time i wish rondo would be more aggressive on offense and defense.  if you think pierce has the best flop in the league then you haven't seen many.  and pierce doesn't draw that many charges any more, never really did. i think you have a phony premise there.  but it's true the celts have built slow down teams.  they kind have had to given the core of the team.  maybe this year with terry, bradley, green, wilcox + rondo we can quicken the pace a little bit to our advantage- easy points and the older guys catch a break and hang back. this team will be the YOUNGEST, if not the most questionable rebounding-wise that we have had yet
    Posted by aciemvp

Hi acie

Garnett does play dirty,moving picks,elbows high and flying after contact.

Rondo is a pest and fouls on the offensive board. He is so quick the refs can't see the fouls,but he does slap,grab and hack every chance he gets.

Pierce is more of a trash talker but he does use his behind on drives and wears his headband loose on drives so it falls off and he gets to the line.

I guess Boston had more villains in past years Perkins,Posey,Brown,I,m sure Doc will make someone a hit man this year.
    Have a fun weekend
    Run

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

What an ignorant thread.  

How do you possible support the idea that the Celtics "style" is bad for the game. Over Doc's reign as Celtics head coach how many teams have a better regular season record or playoff record?  What series this last season was one if the highest rated basketball playoff series of all time?  Does Rondo have one of the top 10 selling basketball jerseys in the NBA?  

Try using some facts instead of talking about a game you clearly don't understand.

Defense Wins Championships = Fact

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

and Bynum lover...start talking when we are watching your pathetic Lakers in the 2nd round of the Playoffs...I love it when you praise old man Kobe who next year might have a shooting percentage the same as his age...god knows this years percentage was close.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Of course you would! I've watched the guy win 5 NBA championships throughout his career. How many titles have Boston won in that period?!
    Posted by LAL 32

I've watched him win 5 titles, too.  What's your point?  I thought we were talking about STLYE of play.....................and I already stated my case.

For the record, Tim Duncan has won FOUR, and I prefer the Spurs style as well!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Yes you did. You prefer the slow half court style of hoops against that of Kobe's which in your mind is 'jacking up shots' which funnily enough is good enough to win 5 titles but your style is only good enough for 1 title. Let me figure that one out??????
    Posted by LAL 32

I prefer sharing the ball, fastbreaking (which neither team does well), and seeing 5 guys hit double figures than 1 guy get 30 with everyone else standing around.

Hope that clears it up for you.

And "funnily" is not a word!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : I prefer sharing the ball, fastbreaking (which neither team does well), and seeing 5 guys hit double figures than 1 guy get 30 with everyone else standing around. Hope that clears it up for you. And "funnily" is not a word!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Ahhhh gotcha. 5 guys hitting double figures (is this your so called Boston style?) where as the so called Kobe thus Laker style of KB24 getting 30pts is not as good. Yet, as already mentioned Kobe and thus the Lakers have those 5 titles compared to Boston's " 5 guys hitting double figures" but only 1 title. I'm glad your happy watching the 5 guys double figures style. As for me, I'm happy watching my team winning 5 titles with (your perceived) Kobe's style.

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/funnily

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Ahhhh gotcha. 5 guys hitting double figures (is this your so called Boston style?) where as the so called Kobe thus Laker style of KB24 getting 30pts is not as good. Yet, as already mentioned Kobe and thus the Lakers have those 5 titles compared to Boston's " 5 guys hitting double figures" but only 1 title. I'm glad your happy watching the 5 guys double figures style. As for me, I'm happy watching my team winning 5 titles with (your perceived) Kobe's style. http://www.wordreference.com/definition/funnily
    Posted by LAL 32

You can't read, apparently.  I said very specifically I also like the Spurs style of sharin the ball.  NO, I don't like koME, and I wouldn't if he won 7 rings, which he won't!!

Funnily is still not a word, and I think you meant YOU'RE not your!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : You can't read, apparently.  I said very specifically I also like the Spurs style of sharing the ball.  NO, I don't like koME, and I wouldn't if he won 7 rings, which he won't!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : You can't read, apparently.  I said very specifically I also like the Spurs style of sharin the ball.  NO, I don't like koME, and I wouldn't if he won 7 rings, which he won't!! Funnily is still not a word, and I think you meant YOU'RE not your!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Ohhhh so now the Boston style is also the Spurs style. And yet, both teams combined still don't out do "Kobe's style"?! (ref titles) How's that work? Of course, blind hatred combined with jealousness will do that to one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : You can't read, apparently.  I said very specifically I also like the Spurs style of sharin the ball.  NO, I don't like koME, and I wouldn't if he won 7 rings, which he won't!! Funnily is still not a word, and I think you meant YOU'RE not your!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Could you also tell me the source of the Spurs/Boston style and in particular when they were referenced as being one and the same?
    Oh, KB24 may not get 7 rings but one things for sure, he'll always have more than Wheelchair Pierce and Garnett combined! How's that for Kobe's style?!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Right, so I have blind loyalty to my TEAM, and you have blind loyalty to your binky koME.  Doesn't Fisher have 5 rings, too?  Wasn't he on those "teams?"  Giving Shaq and Pau NO credit at all?  Typical laker fan!!  Wasn't it really Phil's "style" that koME excelled in?  But, of course, your arsekissing of koME is what's makes you just another troll.

To be perfectly honest- my favorite "style" of play was the Celtics of the 70's and the lakers of the 80's.  Love that fast breaking style.  But the Celtics don't play that way now, as most teams don't, so I have to enjoy the style my team plays.

And let me get this straight.  It's the RINGS you like, right?  So if koME didn't win any rings you ..........would still like his "style?"
    BYE

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Could you also tell me the source of the Spurs/Boston style and in particular when they were referenced as being one and the same? Oh, KB24 may not get 7 rings but one things for sure, he'll always have more than Wheelchair Pierce and Garnett combined! How's that for Kobe's style?!
    Posted by LAL 32

Only twenty two posts and all this laker troll bull and your so new to the BB here. Which former moron laker troll poster are you? You a tad more thoughtful. Are you Mark from Ct.

Shaq won three titles for Kobe, and if you are old enough to remember you know that.  Compare MJ's role in winning his first three titles to Kobe's.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Only twenty two posts and all this laker troll bull and your so new to the BB here. Which former moron laker troll poster are you? You a tad more thoughtful. Are you Mark from Ct. Shaq won three titles for Kobe, and if you are old enough to remember you know that.  Compare MJ's role in winning his first three titles to Kobe's.  
    Posted by concord27

Seriously you think Shaq won those titles for Kobe. KB24/Robert Horry/Rick Fox/DFish all had significant parts to play in winning the last Laker 3-peat along with those on the bench and of course, GOAT (Phil Jackson in case you turn a blind eye). You obviously didn't watch when teams employed hack-a-shaq down the stretch and it was KB24 that repeatedly got the Lakers over the line. Just like when you never got to see the likes of Pippen and Paxson and co win Finals games. Here, this may help and remember to keep both eyes open!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAr4I3-Z48

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAL 32. Show LAL 32's posts

Right, so I have blind loyalty to my TEAM, and you have blind loyalty to your binky koME.  Doesn't Fisher have 5 rings, too?  Wasn't he on those "teams?"  Giving Shaq and Pau NO credit at all?  Typical laker fan!!  Wasn't it really Phil's "style" that koME excelled in?  But, of course, your arsekissing of koME is what's makes you just another troll. To be perfectly honest- my favorite "style" of play was the Celtics of the 70's and the lakers of the 80's.  Love that fast breaking style.  But the Celtics don't play that way now, as most teams don't, so I have to enjoy the style my team plays. And let me get this straight.  It's the RINGS you like, right?  So if koME didn't win any rings you ..........would still like his "style?" BYE
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Did I say that KB24 won those titles on his own???? You are the one who went on about Kobe's style, I never mentioned EVER that Kobe won those titles on his own! You take your meds this morning?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges/Celtic's Style Bad for NBA : Did I say that KB24 won those titles on his own???? You are the one who went on about Kobe's style, I never mentioned EVER that Kobe won those titles on his own! You take your meds this morning?
    Posted by LAL 32

Right, gotcha!  NOT mentioning or giving any one else any credit but koME is the same thing........sure it is!!

Magic won 5 - koME won 5      I prefer the Magic style 100-1 over your lap dog!!!  Hope that clears it up for you, troll!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hedley,
    Who is LAL32?  Mark from CT.

Let's have a contest and see who it is or are they all the same troll?

Sections
Shortcuts