Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one

In Response to Re: Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one:
    [QUOTE]It's weird looking at the bench now. It's almost like we have seen two entirely different teams. The problems we see now are mainly due to the fact THIS WILL NOT BE OUR PLAYOFF BENCH. The C's made the most changes at the break and still haven't got the guys back that they are counting on. It's growing pains for sure. I still like the trades but while all the other teams have seen what they are taking into the playoffs, we haven't seen it for the Cs.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]bench has been a strength of late. biggest prob has been rondo with the big 3!imagine when krstic goes to the bench? with baby, west and green taking up the major minutes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one : bench has been a strength of late. biggest prob has been rondo with the big 3!imagine when krstic goes to the bench? with baby, west and green taking up the major minutes. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Talk about opposites attract.. you are absolutely correct..... funny though as a communist that bike of yours would not be for a hobby it would be for getting you back and forth to the factory where you would make inferior widgets and you would not have a computer and be able to express your opinions... I have a sister that is about as far left as you can get and she said isn't it a tragedy about those 4 people who were sailing around the world giving out bibles and killed by pirates.... I said in your world there would be no such thing as a 58 foot luxury sail boat and most likely no such thing as a bible.....  it is amazing to me that most people who never ever have to worry about where their next meal is coming from lean to the left....

Second unit of Baby, Krstic, West / Arroyo, Green and one of the Big 3. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

KG, Baby and Krstic will be our bigs, Shack and JO seem to be questions with bad answers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]KG, Baby and Krstic will be our bigs, Shack and JO seem to be questions with bad answers.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Well if that is the case then they can go to Japan and volunteer a month before the Bulls, Heat, Lakers, and Mavs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one:
    [QUOTE]The 5 players Ainge brought in at/after the deadline make the Celtics a significantly better team, for the 2011 playoffs and for the future.
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Have you been watching the games?  The Celtics have just lost to doormats the Clippers, Sixers, and Nets.  How is that significantly better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one : Have you been watching the games?  The Celtics have just lost to doormats the Clippers, Sixers, and Nets.  How is that significantly better?
    Posted by victorlee1234[/QUOTE]

It's way more complicated than 1234. You wouldn't understand.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nick_weston. Show nick_weston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one : Let's be realistic about this... the Cs traded their second best center and a guard that had lost his game for OKC's second best center and a very good young player.  All the rest is roster filler.  Playoff rotations shorten not lengthen.  Here is the playoff rotation: Shaq starting with Krstic off the bench with Baby playing some minutes at the 5 as well. KG starting with Baby as a backup. Pierce starting with Green as the Back up. Ray starting with West / Green playing some at the two. Rondo starting with West / Arroyo. So while 11 guys may play in games the minutes will be limited for the non-starters. I love the idea of Krstic being able to go against back ups - a second unit of Krstic, Green, West, and Baby with one of the BIG 3 is a pretty good team.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Krstic was starting for OKC, he wasn't 'second' best center

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Dudder -- This isn't gospel, but regarding the Salary Cap... the 15% and $100K or whatever the values/percentages are... they only come into play if both teams are over the cap or the team taking on salary is over the cap.  I believe the Cavs were under the salary cap... If so they can trade for anyone and the C's were reducing not adding salary.  If the Cavs were over the cap, this trade couldn't have happened.

I for one don't believe SE woudl have played (if at all) much in the play-offs and if he had played much then we would have been in tough shape.  DA used this trade and the Duis trade to clear roster spots which he has filled with specific role players.  This trade cleared immediate need space, added a liekly early 2nd rd pick and there is no reason that DA couldn't then look to resign either Luke as a free agent if he continues to develop or SE down the road...  Very little down side to the trade... If SE were playing even moderate minutes for the C's in teh playoffs, #18 wasn't coming this year.

For Che - Arroyo is more pressing than SE and I would/will take Murphy over SE (for this playoffs)... Pavlovic... we'll see...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ainge's Deadline Moves Were Brilliant.......except one : Talk about opposites attract.. you are absolutely correct..... funny though as a communist that bike of yours would not be for a hobby it would be for getting you back and forth to the factory where you would make inferior widgets and you would not have a computer and be able to express your opinions... I have a sister that is about as far left as you can get and she said isn't it a tragedy about those 4 people who were sailing around the world giving out bibles and killed by pirates.... I said in your world there would be no such thing as a 58 foot luxury sail boat and most likely no such thing as a bible.....  it is amazing to me that most people who never ever have to worry about where their next meal is coming from lean to the left.... Second unit of Baby, Krstic, West / Arroyo, Green and one of the Big 3. 
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]Dudder, i take back all i ever said about you..I deeply apologize, im left handed, thats about it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I'll give you one reason that Ainge's moves weren't brilliant...

Most folks have been suggesting that Perk was traded because we were going to lose him in the offseason and essentially get nothing for him.  First, that ignores the fact that they could have reached a deal after the season (for a little more than the low-ball offer they came up with this year).  Second, it assumes that a new CBA deal is reached.  From everything i've heard, the NBA CBA negotiations are supposed to make the NFL CBA negotiations look friendly!

If we lose time in a basketball season, KG has hinted that he may retire.  Now with Perk gone, we'll have turned over our entire starting front court and for what? 

It seemed that before the trades, this team was a true contender.  Now, I honestly don't know what to think about this team.  Setting a new defensive record one night, then losing to New Jersey the next.  The interior defense is weaker and playing shorthanded for a few weeks has left the team exhausted.  As good as Jeff Green looks, he's not starting, we haven't been winning and it looks like we traded Title 18 for him.

Personally I'd rather have Perk for a few weeks, Title 18, and a ton of money off the books when a new CBA deal is reached!

Sections
Shortcuts