Ainges patience has limits??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Ainges patience has limits??

Are you kidding ME !!    DA had the nerve to say that to Red when he didn't trade for Chuck Person or Stipanovich (?) or McHale for Detlef Shrempf?   Those players (maybe not Stipanovich) were chumps.   Not winners.   They never won anything.   Riffleman was all flash and only for a couple years.   DA had the nerve to question Red!!!   Paleeze!!   A Globe story says that DA is not scared to pull the trigger on a major trade (Boston3).   That scares ME!!   For who?   Another JGreen.   Telfair?   Does anyone believe MDaniels should be on the team instead of Delonte?   An over the hill GPayton?   Or should Papille advise to trade JJohnson?   Should the Cs go for more draft picks so their will be another 5 years with draft picks who not only can't stick w/ the Cs, but can't make any bench in the NBA (even Telfair should be paying teams to play).   Even closing you're eyes and pinning a tail on avail draft choices woulda giving one    (20%) pick that woulda been worth being an NBAer.   DA is worse that chance!! The Maine NBADL team even stinks!   Best for the Cs is getting rid of DA so C's fans don't have to endure another 18 losses in a row again.
       No PP since DA has been around has meant losing.   Red had it right.   Champion Cs are Cs for life, unless the player wants to leave!   DA doesn't care cause he was let go, which he shoulda been.   Now he wants to take it on PP so DA can start earlier to lead the Cs to mediocrity.   DA is a horrible (trbl) talent evaluator of good NBA players.   DA CAN NEVER QUESTION RED.   DA IS NOT CLOSE TO GOOD ENOUGH!!   All he could do for Red as a GM is hold his coat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Ainges patience has limits??

In Response to Ainges patience has limits??:
    [QUOTE]   Are you kidding ME !!    DA had the nerve to say that to Red when he didn't trade for Chuck Person or Stipanovich (?) or McHale for Detlef Shrempf?   Those players (maybe not Stipanovich) were chumps.   Not winners.   They never won anything.   Riffleman was all flash and only for a couple years.   DA had the nerve to question Red!!!   Paleeze!!   A Globe story says that DA is not scared to pull the trigger on a major trade (Boston3).   That scares ME!!   For who?   Another JGreen.   Telfair?   Does anyone believe MDaniels should be on the team instead of Delonte?   An over the hill GPayton?   Or should Papille advise to trade JJohnson?   Should the Cs go for more draft picks so their will be another 5 years with draft picks who not only can't stick w/ the Cs, but can't make any bench in the NBA (even Telfair should be paying teams to play).   Even closing you're eyes and pinning a tail on avail draft choices woulda giving one    (20%) pick that woulda been worth being an NBAer.   DA is worse that chance!! The Maine NBADL team even stinks!   Best for the Cs is getting rid of DA so C's fans don't have to endure another 18 losses in a row again.    No PP since DA has been around has meant losing.   Red had it right.   Champion Cs are Cs for life, unless the player wants to leave!   DA doesn't care cause he was let go, which he shoulda been.   Now he wants to take it on PP so DA can start earlier to lead the Cs to mediocrity.   DA is a horrible (trbl) talent evaluator of good NBA players.   DA CAN NEVER QUESTION RED.   DA IS NOT CLOSE TO GOOD ENOUGH!!   All he could do for Red as a GM is hold his coat.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]
    papile's no longer associated w/ the celtics, docc. way to be on top of things when grousing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Thanks.   After ? 12yrs.   Good retirement pay.   When the call comes from BaileyPowe or Lou, who's gonna be put on hold?   When you see or get inside info of the next 'steal of the draft' (see Kedric Brown), who is gonna call DA's cell.   The culture of the organization has already been set.   In the next to the corner office or home office, C's draft picks, trades, f/a pickups have been poor.  Give credit for a championship.   But Kevin McHale gets close to as much credit.   But my bad.   Maybe Lou is only working for the Lobsters w/ DA's son...ooops.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Ainges patience has limits??:
    [QUOTE]   Are you kidding ME !!    DA had the nerve to say that to Red when he didn't trade for Chuck Person or Stipanovich (?) or McHale for Detlef Shrempf?   Those players (maybe not Stipanovich) were chumps.   Not winners.   They never won anything.   Riffleman was all flash and only for a couple years.   DA had the nerve to question Red!!!   Paleeze!!   A Globe story says that DA is not scared to pull the trigger on a major trade (Boston3).   That scares ME!!   For who?   Another JGreen.   Telfair?   Does anyone believe MDaniels should be on the team instead of Delonte?   An over the hill GPayton?   Or should Papille advise to trade JJohnson?   Should the Cs go for more draft picks so their will be another 5 years with draft picks who not only can't stick w/ the Cs, but can't make any bench in the NBA (even Telfair should be paying teams to play).   Even closing you're eyes and pinning a tail on avail draft choices woulda giving one    (20%) pick that woulda been worth being an NBAer.   DA is worse that chance!! The Maine NBADL team even stinks!   Best for the Cs is getting rid of DA so C's fans don't have to endure another 18 losses in a row again.    No PP since DA has been around has meant losing.   Red had it right.   Champion Cs are Cs for life, unless the player wants to leave!   DA doesn't care cause he was let go, which he shoulda been.   Now he wants to take it on PP so DA can start earlier to lead the Cs to mediocrity.   DA is a horrible (trbl) talent evaluator of good NBA players.   DA CAN NEVER QUESTION RED.   DA IS NOT CLOSE TO GOOD ENOUGH!!   All he could do for Red as a GM is hold his coat.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Sam Perkins was a pretty good player!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The trades weren't the problem for the C's decline as the Big 3 got older.  The unfortunate situation was that we had one all star and another potential all star die (Bias and Lewis).   One was drafted in 1986 and the next in 1987 if I have my dates right.  Add them to the Big 3 and the transition is smooth with a very nice team.  Danny is foolish for questioning Red.  He's been hit with a guy who has a heart condition so he knows bad luck can hit you.  

Ainge destroyed team chemistry last year by trading so many people at the break.  He took a top team in the league and made them smaller and worse defensively and emotionally drained.  We all saw the result over the last 35 games.  He made Ray uncomfortable all of the first half of the season before that until all star break.  We then saw Ray blossom after the all star break that year.  This year, he's out mouthing off again rather than supporting his players.  If he's going to make a trade - SHUT UP until its made.  In the meantime, Danny, support the team rather than driving uncertainty and doubt into your team!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Ainges patience has limits??:
    [QUOTE]The trades weren't the problem for the C's decline as the Big 3 got older.  The unfortunate situation was that we had one all star and another potential all star die (Bias and Lewis).   One was drafted in 1986 and the next in 1987 if I have my dates right.  Add them to the Big 3 and the transition is smooth with a very nice team.  Danny is foolish for questioning Red.  He's been hit with a guy who has a heart condition so he knows bad luck can hit you.   Ainge destroyed team chemistry last year by trading so many people at the break.  He took a top team in the league and made them smaller and worse defensively and emotionally drained.  We all saw the result over the last 35 games.  He made Ray uncomfortable all of the first half of the season before that until all star break.  We then saw Ray blossom after the all star break that year.  This year, he's out mouthing off again rather than supporting his players.  If he's going to make a trade - SHUT UP until its made.  In the meantime, Danny, support the team rather than driving uncertainty and doubt into your team!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Spot on post!! That's the difference in Red and Ainge. If Red had made those moves it wouldn't have helped the C's. The devastation was losing Bias and Lewis.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]The trades weren't the problem for the C's decline as the Big 3 got older.  The unfortunate situation was that we had one all star and another potential all star die (Bias and Lewis).   One was drafted in 1986 and the next in 1987 if I have my dates right.  Add them to the Big 3 and the transition is smooth with a very nice team.  Danny is foolish for questioning Red.  He's been hit with a guy who has a heart condition so he knows bad luck can hit you.   Ainge destroyed team chemistry last year by trading so many people at the break.  He took a top team in the league and made them smaller and worse defensively and emotionally drained.  We all saw the result over the last 35 games.  He made Ray uncomfortable all of the first half of the season before that until all star break.  We then saw Ray blossom after the all star break that year.  This year, he's out mouthing off again rather than supporting his players.  If he's going to make a trade - SHUT UP until its made.  In the meantime, Danny, support the team rather than driving uncertainty and doubt into your team!

Excellent post. In retrospect, I agree 100%

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Right on Celtsfan.   Bias/Lewis.   DA couldn't carry Red's jock.   Perkins isn't a leader.   Red knew that to win championships, you just can't get 'talented' players.   You also have to get leaders.   Strong presence on the playing field.   Red knew most of them didn't have 'it'.   I forgot about the brain doctor!   Glad you guys reminded me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Without Ainge there would be on recent championship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Only in Boston.  Never blame the players.  Blame the management.  Blame the media.  Blame the refs.

Did we keep Bird  --  Parish  --  Mc Hale toooooo long?  ABSOLUTELY!  Did we lose 2 good players in a plane crash?  Auto accident?  Hurricane?  Nope!  They screwed up their own lives.

Did players stay too long, just for the MONEY!  Yep!  Is the same thing happening now?  Yes!  You got guys playing in the league who should be booking a bed in the old folks home.  No pride  --  just give me the money.

Danny's job is the TEAM.  Not any particular player's choices. 

Do what you have to do Danny.  Trade the Dancers for a rebounder.  Cool

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Only in Boston.  Never blame the players.  Blame the management.  Blame the media.  Blame the refs. Did we keep Bird  --  Parish  --  Mc Hale toooooo long?  ABSOLUTELY!  Did we lose 2 good players in a plane crash?  Auto accident?  Hurricane?  Nope!  They screwed up their own lives. Did players stay too long, just for the MONEY!  Yep!  Is the same thing happening now?  Yes!  You got guys playing in the league who should be booking a bed in the old folks home.  No pride  --  just give me the money. Danny's job is the TEAM.  Not any particular player's choices.  Do what you have to do Danny.  Trade the Dancers for a rebounder. 
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

First, Capt Chris, you're simply insensitive (they made me change the word I reall wanted to use for you) for saying Reggie screwed up his own life.  His heart condition was different than Bias.  He had conflicting doctor's reports when that Dr. Gilbert Mudge gave him a second opinion that said it was not a life threatening condition and he then went to shoot around.

Second, no one is saying "don't blame the players and coach".  The point is that Ainge has to take as much of the heat as anyone.  HE screwed up the team.  Players get old - it happens.  They cannot, however, control the fact that their starting center gets traded while the other two centers are hurt and that the entire bench then gets traded away.  Blame that on the players? 

We cannot say Doc is at fault for playing them too many minutes and wearing them out last year and then forget that Delonte, JON, Shaq, and Wafer were all injured and that Sasha, Bradley, Arroyo, and Murphy were the backups.  With that lineup - who do YOU blame?  That's the GM's responsibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great post. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1954ricky. Show 1954ricky's posts

How about this.
    Dear old Danny boy is the root cause problem for the team’s current dilemma.
    He traded younger players we needed to help our veteran players.
    These younger players would have been a bridge to the future of our success.
    He signs old players that have had limited minutes and injury issues.
    He did not resign players we needed as solid role players in case of injuries.
    Case in point, West was not resigned and Rondo is hurt.
    Fans patience have limits!!
    Danny needs to just step down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Do you mean the same Danny who traded for all the old guys who won # 17?  Has he screwed up?  Yep!

Let's get over the crazy hype for a role-player who underperformed and was hurt and traded.  Perk was lucky too have palyed with 4 All-Stars.  He never put up starting Center numbers.  Scot Pollard and Scal got rings for # 17.

Do you know how Perk performed in the last 2 play-off apppearances?  He had a PER of 9.6 for the Celts, and a PER of 6.1 for the Thunder  He is now a guy who is putting up less than 6 Pts. and 6 Rebounds a game.  Facts..

Did management have anything to do with the deaths of the 2 players?  Or was it their judgements?  Len screwed up and Reggie made poor medical judgements at best.

Did management cause PP and KG to come into camp out of shape this year?  Did management cause Perk to play his whole career over-weight and out of shape?  This year he saw the light and got in shape.  Little late son't you think
    ?
    Want # 18?  Do what has to be done to get there.  Red did it to get Russell.  He did it to get Bird.  He did it to get Mc Hale.  He did it to get Walton.  He did it to get Dannis Johnson.  Fan favorites went to get the parts necessay to win Championships.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Red never traded the greats. That is Danny's (invalid) criticism of Red. But, you've missed the point. Danny made a great move to get to number 17. Everybody acknowledges that and gives him credit. But, you can't live on one good thing forever. He then made a lot of bonehead moves. Perk's stats with OKC are not as good as with Boston because his role is different. He is needed more for rebounding and defense on the C's. We need a rebounder more than OKC. Perk was never my favorite player. He's a clutz. But, he's a clutz we needed for picks, defense, and especially rebounds. Even if he didn't get the rebound, he occupied the opponents best rebounder and it aided KG. Kg is not out of shape, silly, he's just old. You can see him trying but he cannot out jump anyone anymore. Paul did come in out of shape and that's not Danny's fault. But it is his fault that Brooks is not here to help Paul with scoring. It is his fault we have Wilcox as our best bench rebounder (PLEASE!). It's his fault that we have Bradley as the bench help rather than West. I wouldnn't mind some moves, but I don't think we'll get good assets in return based on Danny's history on trades, FA signings, nor draft picks. He deserves the criticism.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Here is a little Celtic History.

Red traded 2 future Hall of Famers to get Bill Russell.  He gave up 6 time All-Star "Easy Ed" Macauley and Cliff Hagan to get the rights to draft Bill Russell.

He also got Celticsoowner, Mr. Brown, to give a week of the "Ice Capades", which he owned, to Rochester, so they wouldn't take Russell with the 1st pick in the draft.

We ended up with Russell, and the rest is history.

How do you think Celtic fans thought about giving up 2 great ballplayers for a non-scoring skinny defender?  We were wild.  Of course the Celtics didn't care how we felt.  Thank God.

Then we won our 1st Championship.