All Star announcements...thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: All Star announcements...thoughts?

In Response to All Star announcements...thoughts?:
    I agree with the starters but im still bummed KG didnt get the nom.. if not for his injury im sure he would have gotten the start.... also during the announcements most of the analysts had KG, Rondo, Pierce, and Ray going... what do you guys think?
    Posted by KGLove

Sounds good to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

n who the hell keeps voting for Yao Ming?! ...oh and DWill should start over CP3 ...IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Cs need to be in the whirlpool not playing.....

Even though they have the best record in the east, they suffer from team ball versus a super star trying to carry the team and has great stats.  The Celtics do not need a 20 plus point scorer...spread the wealth and rack up victories....

It's all about BANNER 18...not starting or playing in an All Star game!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

In Response to Re: All Star announcements...thoughts?:
    Cs need to be in the whirlpool not playing..... Even though they have the best record in the east, they suffer from team ball versus a super star trying to carry the team and has great stats.  The Celtics do not need a 20 plus point scorer...spread the wealth and rack up victories.... It's all about BANNER 18...not starting or playing in an All Star game!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g
    You are right! The "ALL STAR" game is a joke! Who cares? Just the Lemmings that buy over priced shirts so the NBA can change uniforms to sell more shirts! Wise up Lemmings!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I hope the coaches realize that Ray Allen is an All-Star this year. There are those who say that Raymond Felton should be in and not Ray. I say, NO WAY!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG and Rondo were in the lead until KG got injured.

Both New York and Chicago media outlets sponsored massive efforts to support Amare and Rose. It seemed to work. Boston made no such effort that I saw.

Its true that NY and Chicago have larger populations, so it should be easier to inspire a larger vote, but the lack of enthusiasm in Boston was underwelming.

I think that it would be great to see the entire staring five of the Celtics play as reserves in the All-star game, with Shaq included.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree with the starters.  I thought Rose and Amare would eventually get more votes than Rondo and KG.  Those guys are having great seasons.

I do think the Celtics 4 will be named as reserves.  I think Shaq will not because Al Horford is more deserving.

I was looking at the votes and noticed that Joe Johnson with that huge contract he got from Atlanta will probably NOT even make the All Star team.  Amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Hey, the fans get to vote....multiple times...so it's a popularity contest.....I haven't watched the game in well over 20 years!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Hey, the fans get to vote....multiple times...so it's a popularity contest.....I haven't watched the game in well over 20 years!
    Posted by Duke4

Agree. I couldn't care less about the All Star game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

KG and Rondo were in the lead until KG got injured. Both New York and Chicago media outlets sponsored massive efforts to support Amare and Rose. It seemed to work. Boston made no such effort that I saw. Its true that NY and Chicago have larger populations, so it should be easier to inspire a larger vote, but the lack of enthusiasm in Boston was underwelming. I think that it would be great to see the entire staring five of the Celtics play as reserves in the All-star game, with Shaq included.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

New York made a big push for AS with much advertising.  Told us to vote twice a day.  What a joke!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I bet they'll find a way to get shaq in there just based on popularity.  Plus, they want to subtly advertise the finals, which will feature the long-awaited rematch of shaq vs kobe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

n who the hell keeps voting for Yao Ming?! ...oh and DWill should start over CP3 ...IMO
    Posted by KGLove

you forget that the nba is huge in china now and that the chinese love yao ming, the guy is a national hero and they will vote him in if nobody else. heck i was tempted to buy yao ming shoes when i was over there, but they were all so ugly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

It is a popularity contest and people can vote more than once.

Yao Ming is either proud or embarrassed that his huge Chinese following gets him elected even when he does not play.

This is the first time that Amare has beaten KG as a starter in the All Star game. In all those years in the western conference together, it never happened.

Who says that stats don't matter? It must have been KG.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I agree with the starters.  I thought Rose and Amare would eventually get more votes than Rondo and KG.  Those guys are having great seasons. I do think the Celtics 4 will be named as reserves.  I think Shaq will not because Al Horford is more deserving. I was looking at the votes and noticed that Joe Johnson with that huge contract he got from Atlanta will probably NOT even make the All Star team.  Amazing.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey the starters are actually the ones that I figured would start. Hard to argue with them either even with the fans doing it. Of course the West is another story. Ridiculous choices.  Just goes to show a popularity contest.

Actually I wouldn't mind if NONE of the Celtics got chosen. For one I probably wouldn't watch the game. Two it would give the guys a nice break and some much needed rest, Three it would probably supply them with some nice motivation from getting snubbed. Of course we will get between 2-4 players, hopefully all 4.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

jersey fan,

Do you think that it was because they had not had a starter in the all star game for so many years?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

Yes, absolutely they have been grasping for straws for years since IT ran the show.  Just our announcers alone make me thankful I am a Celtic fan since 1969
    Unless I turn dow the sound very hard to watch.  So thankful for Direct TV and the sports package. That includes NESN and CCNNE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by KGLove

I do agree with you about Yao.  He has always been one of my favorite players, but he has been injured for most of the season.   Why would anyone still vote for him?  Who should take his place?  I really hope that Bynum is his replacement on the All-Star team.  What does everyone else think?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to All Star announcements...thoughts?:
    I agree with the starters but im still bummed KG didnt get the nom.. if not for his injury im sure he would have gotten the start.... also during the announcements most of the analysts had KG, Rondo, Pierce, and Ray as reserves... what do you guys think?
    Posted by KGLove

The starters are voted by the fans.  If more people voted, Rondo and KG might have started on the All-Star team.   Just something to think about for next year.  If you feel that the Celtics deserve to play on the All-Star team, you have to vote everyday.   I hope that the Celtics that play in the all-star game, don't play many minutes.  Except for Rondo, the others could use the rest. 

Sections
Shortcuts