all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

Rajon Rondo had 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 20 assists in a win over Jeremy Lin and the Knicks Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

can't wait to see what Fierce has to say about this!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Undeniably historical performance...amongst NBA greats...but here we go again about haters and what not...I will answer this with Rondo own words. "I have been playing better since the trade rumors " . Logic tells you that he has not been playing good.. Not about haters is the fact that Rondo has a switch...if he brought his A+ game. 95% of the times there wouldn't be trade rumors which you guys call hating...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Agree. Amazing game. However, one game does not compensate for inconsistency, nor does it solve his inadequacies. Hopefully we can get something decent for him in a trade now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining.

I disagree. Rondo had a superb stat line, no doubt about it. If you look a little closer, he nearly lost the game by missing a boatload of layups (eight alone by my count in the fourth quarter). Almost anyone else would have made at least 2/3 of those layups, resulting in 12 more points.

Rondo is a fantastic passer, a great rebounder for a point guard, and a good hustle player when the mood strikes. He's still a terrible shooter. How many layups is he going to miss? When will he shoot free throws at 80%+ like nearly every other point guard in the league? When will he hit open jump shots at a consistently decent percentage?

He both gives and he takes away. Even today that was evident.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...:
    [QUOTE]Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining. I disagree. Rondo had a superb stat line, no doubt about it. If you look a little closer, he nearly lost the game by missing a boatload of layups (eight alone by my count in the fourth quarter). Almost anyone else would have made at least 2/3 of those layups, resulting in 12 more points. Rondo is a fantastic passer, a great rebounder for a point guard, and a good hustle player when the mood strikes. He's still a terrible shooter. How many layups is he going to miss? When will he shoot free throws at 80%+ like nearly every other point guard in the league? When will he hit open jump shots at a consistently decent percentage? He both gives and he takes away. Even today that was evident.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]
    +1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining. I disagree. Rondo had a superb stat line, no doubt about it. If you look a little closer, he nearly lost the game by missing a boatload of layups (eight alone by my count in the fourth quarter). Almost anyone else would have made at least 2/3 of those layups, resulting in 12 more points. Rondo is a fantastic passer, a great rebounder for a point guard, and a good hustle player when the mood strikes. He's still a terrible shooter. How many layups is he going to miss? When will he shoot free throws at 80%+ like nearly every other point guard in the league? When will he hit open jump shots at a consistently decent percentage? He both gives and he takes away. Even today that was evident.

I think he may have been 0 for 6 in the 4th quarter.. and yes despite the gaudy numbers he almost lost the game with his woeful shooting at nearly point blank range when the game was on the line. (CPP bailed us out.)

That's Rondo though. The great and the awful all wrapped up together in one package.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

One of only 3 times EVER in NBA HISTORY,ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

and the similarities don't end there! Rondo and Wilt FT% Rondo and Oscar both US citizens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

4th triple double,rest of NBA 2.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I'm not a Rondo hater.  Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Nope... Fierce stopped hatin' and complaining about 3 days ago when his scorched-earth campaign to get  R9R traded blew up in his face.

What a weanie!

Pud

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

You can't just look at stats, Mployee. I enjoy watching Rondo as much as anyone. He's one of the most talented players in the league. But that's also why I, along with others, are so hard on him. If he can do the spectacular, he should also be able to do the basics. That's what makes him so frustratingly enigmatic. He has the talent to be one of the all-time best but he doesn't seem to care enough about honing the fundamentals so that he can reach full potential.

Rondo reminds me of Antoine Walker in that regard. I honestly believe Walker could have been Karl Malone. Whether it was poor coaching or an attitude problem, I don't know, but Walker never maximized his talent, and I'm afraid Rondo is headed down that same path. Why be satisfied with "good" or "very good" when you have the tools to be the best?

That's why Paul Pierce is my favorite Celtic. Pierce doesn't have the raw talent of Rondo. I don't even think Pierce had the raw talent of Walker. But Pierce cared enough to correct the negatives in his game. He began his career a mediocre free throw shooter, nonchalant defender, and careless ball-handler. Through hard work and dedication, he worked diligently to improve at all three areas. Eventually what had been weaknesses became strengths. He did that in every facet of his game, reaching his full potential as a player. I respect him for it.

I'm not asking Rondo to turn weaknesses into strengths. I'd be satisfied if he turned weaknesses into adequacies. He's not doing it. Until he does, he'll continue to be a guy who both gives and takes away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I think he may have been 0 for 6 in the 4th quarter.. and yes despite the gaudy numbers he almost lost the game with his woeful shooting at nearly point blank range when the game was on the line. (CPP bailed us out.) That's Rondo though. The great and the awful all wrapped up together in one package. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Almost....What are we playing here?  Horse shoes and hand grenades?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I hate to agree with this post but its true. Even though Rondo has a ring he has a bit of a Lebron in him. He'll have the numbers and play his heart out for you in spectacular fashion but when it comes to clutch his layups languish on the rim. I believe Lebron would have multiple rings if he had been playing w/ the big three...Sorry Rondo, we hardly knew ye... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]You can't just look at stats, Mployee. I enjoy watching Rondo as much as anyone. He's one of the most talented players in the league. But that's also why I, along with others, are so hard on him. If he can do the spectacular, he should also be able to do the basics. That's what makes him so frustratingly enigmatic. He has the talent to be one of the all-time best but he doesn't seem to care enough about honing the fundamentals so that he can reach full potential. Rondo reminds me of Antoine Walker in that regard. I honestly believe Walker could have been Karl Malone. Whether it was poor coaching or an attitude problem, I don't know, but Walker never maximized his talent, and I'm afraid Rondo is headed down that same path. Why be satisfied with "good" or "very good" when you have the tools to be the best? That's why Paul Pierce is my favorite Celtic. Pierce doesn't have the raw talent of Rondo. I don't even think Pierce had the raw talent of Walker. But Pierce cared enough to correct the negatives in his game. He began his career a mediocre free throw shooter, nonchalant defender, and careless ball-handler. Through hard work and dedication, he worked diligently to improve at all three areas. Eventually what had been weaknesses became strengths. He did that in every facet of his game, reaching his full potential as a player. I respect him for it. I'm not asking Rondo to turn weaknesses into strengths. I'd be satisfied if he turned weaknesses into adequacies. He's not doing it. Until he does, he'll continue to be a guy who both gives and takes away.

We win. Check.  Rondo misses a few lay ups and some folks on BDC runs with it.  Any one player make an exta basket it may not have been over time. I honestly think Pietrus was the cause as to why the Knicks got back in it by taking that il-advised three so ealy in the shot clock and no Celtics no where near in rebounding position.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining. I disagree. Rondo had a superb stat line, no doubt about it. If you look a little closer, he nearly lost the game by missing a boatload of layups (eight alone by my count in the fourth quarter). Almost anyone else would have made at least 2/3 of those layups, resulting in 12 more points. Rondo is a fantastic passer, a great rebounder for a point guard, and a good hustle player when the mood strikes. He's still a terrible shooter. How many layups is he going to miss? When will he shoot free throws at 80%+ like nearly every other point guard in the league? When will he hit open jump shots at a consistently decent percentage? He both gives and he takes away. Even today that was evident.]

the people that can continue to point to Rondo's only bad stretch in the game and say that overshadows anything, show that they dont care for Rondo. why do you feel the need to say "despite his historical performance, we almost lost the game bc of him." we almost lost the game bc pierce threw up a terrible shot and missed, we are lucky we got another shot so he could hit the game tying. we almost lost the game bc kg didnt get a foul call late in the game. if. if. if. if. if. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

Ahh. and soon all you Pietrus lovers will soon understand why he is a journeyman in this league. His basketball IQ is barely better than Gerald Green and he lacks court team chemistry.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Rondo has had his growing pains but if you look back many great players have. Rondo is a player you can build around. He is 26, he is signed for 10.6 for 4years and he is an 2 time allstar, he is an all NBA defensive team 3 yrs running, has won a championship as a starter,leads the league in triple doubles and he is 26 and signed for 4 years at cheap money for those credentials, I said it twice, I know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

With Rondo I believe Doc has tried to get through but he's been immature and stubborn. I think that's changing (maybe a result of all the public criticism) after seeing him deliberately take a bunch of jumpers against NJ every time they went under the pick ... he started slow but finished 7-16 and proved that he was capable of hitting that shot. He did it a couple of times today too ... it's never too late for an old dog to learn a new trick .... stay tuned!

I agree. I'm not giving up on Rondo. I would love to see him correct the deficiencies in his game and develop into the all-round, all-world, First or Second Team All-NBA player he's capable of becoming. In the back of my mind, I see Antoine Walker Redux, and that's what worries me. I don't want another extremely talented player settling for borderline All-Star when he can be top 5 player leaguewide. I don't get disappointed in players with limited potential. Mickael Pietrus is not an elite player. He's going to help sometimes, he's going to hurt sometimes. That's to be expected. He is what he is. Rondo has so much more upside, it's frustrating to see him not reach it on a consistent basis. All he has to do is learn how to shoot open baskets. He ought to be able to do it. I'll never forget watching him go toe to toe with Kevin Durant in the All-Star Horse competition. Rondo's got the ability. He needs the execution.

Sections
Shortcuts