all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...

In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this...:
    [QUOTE]The bigger picture as I see it isnt the amazing stat line of Rondo today. It's does he make similar contributions consistently throughout the season.   Today was sensational but hes also put up 0 points and 5 assists... Today was national TV game, is that what motivates this kid or that he clobbered a noob like Lin thats just starting to make a name for himself?? Next game Rondo stinks in, the criticism will return, then he'll have a 20-24-15 line, as you'll be throwing bouquets of flowers at his feet. The  real standard is can he bring it consistently...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I agree that Rondo is inconsistent in the regular season.  But what we must remember is that playoffs are won by outstanding performances.  Except for last year, Rondo has generally brought out is A game in the playoffs.

Rondo's mercurial brilliance is something that we should get used to and learn to live with.  I don't think that he is getting traded this year.  Now I hope that Danny will somehow convert JO into a strong big.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I agree that Rondo is inconsistent in the regular season.  But what we must remember is that playoffs are won by outstanding performances.  Except for last year, Rondo has generally brought out is A game in the playoffs. Rondo's mercurial brilliance is something that we should get used to and learn to live with.  I don't think that he is getting traded this year.  Now I hope that Danny will somehow convert JO into a strong big.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Rondo played pretty well last year as well..even had a triple double in the first round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

But he must be traded!!!!!!  Clowns.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Folks act like Rondo misses lay ups all the time.  It would be hard for a so-called non-jump shooting point guard to shoot over 50% if he can't hit lay ups.  How many shots did Ray miss?  he is a jump shooter and that is his specialty.  How many bunnies did KG miss right at or around the rim?  Why is that Rondo is out rebounding KG and Bass?  The Captain went for 34 points, but all those weren't one on one dribble drives.  Some had to set him up as well as no dribbling skills Ray Allen!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : i dont think hes ever won a game, there was back in 2010 wen he converted the alley oop in miami to tie it and send it to overtime ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TvV_B0rZM&feature=related), thats all i remember. he did hit a game winning 3 while he was at kentucky lol ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et_16fGkzK8 ) i do however remember him keeping teams at large plenty of times, when it matters the most, in the playoffs.  but im not really sure thats ever been Rondo's role on this team. when you have clutch ray, clutch paul, and fairly clutch kevin on your team, why would you shoot at the end of the game? it seems more logical to draw up a play for one of those guys. ive never seen him make a game winner but ive never seen him take one either.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Think thats just what I said.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I'm not a Rondo hater.  Rondo had a spectacular game today. I'm not complaining.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    No he's not...

Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]The bigger picture as I see it isnt the amazing stat line of Rondo today. It's does he make similar contributions consistently throughout the season.   Today was sensational but hes also put up 0 points and 5 assists... Today was national TV game, is that what motivates this kid or that he clobbered a noob like Lin thats just starting to make a name for himself?? Next game Rondo stinks in, the criticism will return, then he'll have a 20-24-15 line, as you'll be throwing bouquets of flowers at his feet. The  real standard is can he bring it consistently...
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    Karl, where ya been?  I hope you come out with that in-famous call about how Kobe can't close out games!  ROFLMAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : Karl, where ya been?  I hope you come out with that in-famous call about how Kobe can't close out games!  ROFLMAO
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]

He closes out every game - he won't LET anyone else do it.  Sometimes he's successful......other times it's DRose!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In Response to all the Rondo haters...chew on this...:
    [QUOTE]Rajon Rondo had 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 20 assists in a win over Jeremy Lin and the Knicks Sunday afternoon at TD Garden.
    Posted by michaelsjr[/QUOTE]

The C's got the win in OT, but almost gave the game away. It was 80-65. 80-65. This game should have never seen overtime. Then the C's let the Nicks walk right back into the game to take the lead. Crazy. But they hung on to win thanks to a game tying 3 from PP. I am no Rondo hater, but he did miss many easy buckets. I think he was like 7 for 20. Many lay-ups missed. I guess what mystifies me the most, why does he not have the ball in the final 2 minutes. He is the point guard. Great passer. Instead, it goes to dribbles off his leg Pierce(which he did again tonight). If he is going to become the guard then take Rondo out no? Rondo is their best rebounder, so maybe that is why he is in the game. But he his horrible shooter and not so great from the line. If and when Boston makes it to the playoffs this year, teams will just pressure Paul. I still think Rondo has to take a more active roll in the end of games. He disappears like Lebron James.....  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I think he may have been 0 for 6 in the 4th quarter.. and yes despite the gaudy numbers he almost lost the game with his woeful shooting at nearly point blank range when the game was on the line. (CPP bailed us out.) That's Rondo though. The great and the awful all wrapped up together in one package. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

He accounted directly (points and assists) for just over half of the Celtics points, not to mention the rebounds.Still you people find reason to denigrate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: all the Rondo haters...chew on this... : I think he may have been 0 for 6 in the 4th quarter.. and yes despite the gaudy numbers he almost lost the game with his woeful shooting at nearly point blank range when the game was on the line. (CPP bailed us out.) That's Rondo though. The great and the awful all wrapped up together in one package. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

MORON!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo - Wilt - Oscar .....Nice company for a bricklayer! Read it and weep ....
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

And just 4 championships amongest the 3 of them...I'm chewing and weeping at the same time

Sections
Shortcuts