All things considered ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

All things considered ...

We're 3 1/2 games from being the 4th seed in the East. The #s 2 and 3 have won 4 and 6 games more than us so far. Frustrating as we've been all season we make a few simple adjustments and we can be in a good spot. We sink back in to earlier bad habits we are done. Either way it's going to be a very interesting 25 games. I am an optimist but.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: All things considered ...

Including tonight we have 12 Home games and 14 Away games left. I think we can go 10-2 at home and 5-9 on the road.

We are 29-27 right now.

So that would put us at 44-38 Hopefully that puts us at 5 or 6 seed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I said a few weeks ago they were going to end up around 42 and 40 and I am sticking to it.

I get frustrated because there isn't a guy on this team that I don't like.  Realistically this is no more than an average team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah keep in mind all it takes is one road win and the homecourt advantage flips. I think this is the type of team that will lock you down defensively better when it's a series. The problem for other teams will be our depth and the way we move the ball. Series slowdown and we have KG and PP who can play halfcourt or we can go uptempo and run.

Trying to remain optimistic. I see Doc is trying to play big more often with PP at SG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

See to me remaining optimistic is just going to bum me out down the road.  I would rather be realistic now and enjoy watching the games while knowing that they don't have what it takes.

I am always loyal but I don't do the blind loyalty thing that welll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Including tonight we have 12 Home games and 14 Away games left. I think we can go 10-2 at home and 5-9 on the road.

We are 29-27 right now.

So that would put us at 44-38 Hopefully that puts us at 5 or 6 seed.

The Celtics have been horrible on the road so far this year.  If they could improve their road record for the remainder of the season they have a good chance of moving up in the standings.  I am trying to be optimistic but wouldn't be surprised if they end up as 7th or 8th seed at the end of the season.   This would make it more difficult to go far in the playoffs this year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We'll know soon. From 3/5 - 3/10 we play Phil, Ind,Atl and OKC. We've to seemed to play up or down to our competition so we'll see. We've split the season series so far with Miami, who we play 9 games from now. We can be a 4 or better but it will rely heavily on our performance in the next 10 games. We go 6-4 over the next 10 we're good, 7-3 or 8-2 we're in great shape we go 3-7 or 2-8 we're 7,8 or worse.

Either way Tankguay needs to go,saying we should shoot for the lottery. Yes,taking the path of the Nets,Clips and Raptors will bring us many rings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

We'll know soon. From 3/5 - 3/10 we play Phil, Ind,Atl and OKC. We've to seemed to play up or down to our competition so we'll see. We've split the season series so far with Miami, who we play 9 games from now. We can be a 4 or better but it will rely heavily on our performance in the next 10 games. We go 6-4 over the next 10 we're good, 7-3 or 8-2 we're in great shape we go 3-7 or 2-8 we're 7,8 or worse.

Either way Tankguay needs to go,saying we should shoot for the lottery. Yes,taking the path of the Nets,Clips and Raptors will bring us many rings.

At this point I would be very dissapointed to see them not make the playoffs.  Even if I wanted it blown up that doesn't mean I want them to lay down like dogs.  Any team with KG and Pierce has a punchers chance.  Just not much of one in my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

At this point I would be very dissapointed to see them not make the playoffs.  Even if I wanted it blown up that doesn't mean I want them to lay down like dogs.  Any team with KG and Pierce has a punchers chance.  Just not much of one in my opinion.

Always a good road team this year's record probably tells all you want to know about our regular season record.  We are mediocre.  Winning a few more road games would have told us we had chances in the playoffs.  Without Rondo in the playoffs we will be much weaker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Always a good road team this year's record probably tells all you want to know about our regular season record.  We are mediocre.  Winning a few more road games would have told us we had chances in the playoffs.  Without Rondo in the playoffs we will be much weaker.

don't get me wrong. I would put their chances at 1 percent or so.  I am just saying I am not for tanking and trying to get into the lottery.

I was for blowing it up and trying to get some picks and young players.  now that cant be done so ride it out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I can guarantee this. The Celtics are one team the HEAT DO NOT want to play in the playoffs. It doesn't have to be the ECF they don't want to see the C's period because they know they can punk the Pacers and Knicks but the C's give them fits. Rondo being out helps the C's even more as crazy as it sounds. No more putting LBJ on Rondo or playing 4 on 5 and with a healthy Green they can switch between PP and Green defending LBJ. I believe the C's can beat the Pacers & Knicks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I can guarantee this. The Celtics are one team the HEAT DO NOT want to play in the playoffs. It doesn't have to be the ECF they don't want to see the C's period because they know they can punk the Pacers and Knicks but the C's give them fits. Rondo being out helps the C's even more as crazy as it sounds. No more putting LBJ on Rondo or playing 4 on 5 and with a healthy Green they can switch between PP and Green defending LBJ. I believe the C's can beat the Pacers & Knicks.

What did Rondo average last year in the playoffs against Miami. Like 30 points 8 boards and 10 assists?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The thing that hurts the C's right now that no one sees is that there isn't much travel in the Playoffs.

I would rather have more depth than a big 3 verses the HEAT.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I said a few weeks ago they were going to end up around 42 and 40 and I am sticking to it.

I get frustrated because there isn't a guy on this team that I don't like.  Realistically this is no more than an average team.

I am with Snake on this one although I dont think they will even get 42 wins.... if this team sticks with the offense of throwing to KG and PP and everyone else stands around it will be a disaster.... those two however great can not carry a team any longer... just look at last night for instance... KG and PP both score and shoot a lot but no one else really got involved unlike what happened in Phoenix where everyone had touches and the ball moved... and why? KG not there and PP had limited minutes..... now that isnt to say the Cs arent a lot better with KG and PP but this whole stagnant one on one stuff has to change... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I'm on board with this!

I think the c's gave Portland the game and are just coolin their jets for the play offs.

We will see...enjoy!

Sections
Shortcuts