Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

Well, you told me once it was 47............but I don't believe you since everything you've said has been a lie!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    [QUOTE]No rings. Drexler was way better then Ray. Ray, 4th best, ROFLMAO.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

Drexler was a 6'8" SF, and he was not better than Ray anyhow

Drexler's come around every now and then, Rudy Gay is no Drexler mentally and playiff-wise, but puts up the same stats in the same manner, nobody shot or played like Ray since Reggie.

Ray is the greatest shooter in the history of the game (or at least in a top 4 with Bird, West and Reggie)

I guess I'd put Gervin ahead of Ray.

Fellow Celtic Bill Sharman made his bones in the 50's, so LA fans who pretend the league started in 1976 can't include him over Ray, or Earl the Perarl (I'd take Ray over both anyhow).

Ray just passed the ringless Reggie so obviously he has him beat there. IA? please

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Drexler was a 6'8" SF, and he was not better than Ray anyhow Drexler's come around every now and then, Rudy Gay is no Drexler mentally and playiff-wise, but puts up the same stats in the same manner, nobody shot or played like Ray since Reggie. Ray is the greatest shooter in the history of the game (or at least in a top 4 with Bird, West and Reggie) I guess I'd put Gervin ahead of Ray. Fellow Celtic Bill Sharman made his bones in the 50's, so LA fans who pretend the league started in 1976 can't include him over Ray, or Earl the Perarl (I'd take Ray over both anyhow). Ray just passed the ringless Reggie so obviously he has him beat there. IA? please
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Drexler was never a SF.
    Did you see the link I provided from fox sports?
    Ray is not listed in the top 10.
    Get over your man crush you have on him.

ESPN has Ray voted the 20th best SG of all time.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-GreatestSGs

Bleacher Report also doesn't have Ray ranked in the top 10.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413687-ranking-down-the-greatest-shooting-guards-in-the-nba-history#/articles/413687-ranking-down-the-greatest-shooting-guards-in-the-nba-history/page/10

Fox Sports:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top_10_shooting_guards_in_NBA_history#photo-title=Giving+it+their+best+shot&photo=30153492

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Mark thanks for the links,  hadn't read some of this in a while.

Kome-  But his credentials already are legit, starting with the three rings he won while teamed with Shaq and riding his coat tails.

West led the Lakers to the Finals an astounding nine times but won only one NBA title as he had the misfortune of playing during the Celtics' dynasty.

Thanks again for playing!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Feet of clay and $$ for eyeballs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Mark thanks for the links,  hadn't read some of this in a while.  Kome-  But his credentials already are legit, starting with the three rings he won while teamed with Shaq and riding his coat tails. West led the Lakers to the Finals an astounding nine times but won only one NBA title as he had the misfortune of playing during the Celtics' dynasty. Thanks again for playing!!!!
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the Celtics dynasty when there were only 8 teams in the league and when you only had to win 1 playoff series to get to the NBA Finals? Yeah, those really compare with modern day Championships where you have to win (3) 4 games series, just to get to the Finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Drexler was never a SF. Did you see the link I provided from fox sports? Ray is not listed in the top 10. Get over your man crush you have on him. ESPN has Ray voted the 20th best SG of all time. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-GreatestSGs Bleacher Report also doesn't have Ray ranked in the top 10. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/413687-ranking-down-the-greatest-shooting-guards-in-the-nba-history#/articles/413687-ranking-down-the-greatest-shooting-guards-in-the-nba-history/page/10 Fox Sports: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top_10_shooting_guards_in_NBA_history#photo-title=Giving+it+their+best+shot&photo=30153492

He was NEVER a SF?? hahaha

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html

Clyde Drexler

Clyde Austin Drexler (Clyde the Glide)

Position: Guard-Forward ▪ Height: 6-7 ▪ Weight: 210 lbs.

SF Drexler and SG Terry Porter played a lot in Portlands backcourt b/c they had no true PG but always had another solid forward option (Kiki Vandeweghe, Cliff Robinson). Replace one of those guys with a legit PG and Clyde is a SF his entire career. He is like Wilkins, Pierce, Gervin, Elgin Baylor, Adrian Dantley, Bernard King as far as not a top 5 SF... but in the 5-12 range all-time.

I guess you can discredit my links of 'experts' who say Boston is better than LA right now, but then use the same 'experts' to say Ray isn't a top 10 SG?

For my money there are no more than 6-7 SG's I'd take over Ray in the history of the game, he is one of its 4 greatest shooters, and Drexler isn't one of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Oh and thanks for providing a link from over FOUR years ago before Ray won his ring, let alone dropped 51 on the Bulls in '09, had multiple more all-star seasons, crushed miller for all-time 3 point shots, and he's about to hit 23,000 career points.

Man learn what to use when you debate

Ray will come very close to passing West/Reggie (low 25,000's, 13th/14th all-time) in career points... that puts him in a top 5 with them and Kobe/MJ all-time SG's.

He's already passed Drexler and Gervin, who are both listed as 6'7" Guard-Forward's... they are more SF's in my mind, although I can't remember watching Gervin its always the Rudy Gay type SF's that get compared to him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : He was NEVER a SF?? hahaha http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html Clyde Drexler Clyde Austin Drexler (Clyde the Glide) Position: Guard- Forward  ▪  Height: 6-7 ▪  Weight: 210 lbs. SF Drexler and SG Terry Porter played a lot in Portlands backcourt b/c they had no true PG but always had another solid forward option (Kiki Vandeweghe, Cliff Robinson). Replace one of those guys with a legit PG and Clyde is a SF his entire career. He is like Wilkins, Pierce, Gervin, Elgin Baylor, Adrian Dantley, Bernard King as far as not a top 5 SF... but in the 5-12 range all-time. I guess you can discredit my links of 'experts' who say Boston is better than LA right now, but then use the same 'experts' to say Ray isn't a top 10 SG? For my money there are no more than 6-7 SG's I'd take over Ray in the history of the game, he is one of its 4 greatest shooters, and Drexler isn't one of them.

I don't need to argue with someone who believes drexler was a SF.
    You must have never watched him.
    You are like Red. You have to google everything because you have no depth of basketball knowledge.

Oh, so now Ray is one of the 4 greatest shooters of all time...
    What happened to shooting guard?
    Constantly moving target when you are proved wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Oh and thanks for providing a link from over FOUR years ago before Ray won his ring, let alone dropped 51 on the Bulls in '09, had multiple more all-star seasons, crushed miller for all-time 3 point shots, and he's about to hit 23,000 career points. Man learn what to use when you debate Ray will come very close to passing West/Reggie (low 25,000's, 13th/14th all-time) in career points... that puts him in a top 5 with them and Kobe/MJ all-time SG's. He's already passed Drexler and Gervin, who are both listed as 6'7" Guard-Forward's... they are more SF's in my mind, although I can't remember watching Gervin its always the Rudy Gay type SF's that get compared to him.

If you didn't watch Gervin then you probably didn't watch Drexler.
    Ray has never rebounded well, passed or handled the ball well for a top NBA player. He is a one dimensional shooter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So, should players get paid to play in the Olympics, or not?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I started watching the game in '88

Do you know that little about the NBA that you don't realize Drexler played for TWELVE more seasons after Gervin hung it up???

it's like me saying to a 20 year old... 'if you didn't watch Isiah Thomas then you probably didn't watch Gary Payton'

hahahaha....how ignorant, it really is like candy from a baby...

Drexler was forced into a SG role by the lineup around him many times... like Pierce has been in his career as well.... Drexler was a natural SF

Ray averaged 4.5 rebounds, 4 assists and 1.5 steal a game in his 10 year prime and barely less than those #'s for his career

That's BETTER than Sharman, Miller and Monroe. He was a twice the distributor Gervin was and twice the rebounder Dumars was...

blah blah blah

it really isn't hard to poke you full of holes Gina... better move on, unless you have any more articles from 4 years ago to wow us with

Doesn't hurt to also be one of the 5 best FT shooters of all time

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    [QUOTE]http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/wade-allen-want-to-be-paid-to-play-in-olympics/# And the players keep reminding me why I have gravitated so far away from basketball. Simply despicable, what a disappointing statement from Ray. Spoiled, entitled and totally out of touch. I find myself not only not wanting to watch these bums perform, I find it hard to even keep my food down when they open their mouths. Truly an embarrassment. The NBA is trying it's best to kill itself. Good riddance I say.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree with you buddy.  These guys are hurting.  THey play a MASSIVE amount of games and have so much wear and tear on their bodies that you just can't relate.  They play, ice, heat, hurt, etc.  Then, after a long season and then 20 playoff games, they'd take 2 or 3 weeks off and go play the Olympics or USAbasketball and after that, come right back and start the NBA season.   

I ain't mad at them.  I understand.  By the way, I believe college football players should be paid, as well.  They put in so much and the school makes so much money but they get chastized for having someone even buy them a darn suit.   Let's remember that these athletes put in a massive amount of time and work and take on huge pressures - unlike anything you and I go through.  Yes, they deserve pay, unlike the track and field or rifle/fencing champions who don't have nearly the pressure to perform in the public eye nor play as many games/hurt their bodies as much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]I started watching the game in '88 Do you know that little about the NBA that you don't realize Drexler played for TWELVE more seasons after Gervin hung it up??? it's like me saying to a 20 year old... 'if you didn't watch Isiah Thomas then you probably didn't watch Gary Payton' hahahaha....how ignorant, it really is like candy from a baby... Drexler was forced into a SG role by the lineup around him many times... like Pierce has been in his career as well.... Drexler was a natural SF Ray averaged 4.5 rebounds, 4 assists and 1.5 steal a game in his 10 year prime and barely less than those #'s for his career That's BETTER than Sharman, Miller and Monroe. He was a twice the distributor Gervin was and twice the rebounder Dumars was... blah blah blah it really isn't hard to poke you full of holes Gina... better move on, unless you have any more articles from 4 years ago to wow us with Doesn't hurt to also be one of the 5 best FT shooters of all time

Drexler was a SG his whole career.
    Why did all 3 of those lists of greatest SG's have him on it?
    Nobody here will come to your defense about Drexler.

Gervin was one of my 3 favorite players.
    He was head and shoulders a better player then Ray Allen.

I will say this about Ray.
    He is the greatest 3 point shooter I have ever seen and the 2nd greatest shooter I have ever seen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Drexler played both, Gervin played both..................Scottie Pippen is even listed as both....Ray is a great player.  For pure shooting guards, I'd put him about 5th after MJ, Bryant, West and Jones. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Drexler was a SG his whole career. Why did all 3 of those lists of greatest SG's have him on it? Nobody here will come to your defense about Drexler. Gervin was one of my 3 favorite players. He was head and shoulders a better player then Ray Allen. I will say this about Ray. He is the greatest 3 point shooter I have ever seen and the 2nd greatest shooter I have ever seen.

Then why does basketball-reference, the most respected site, call Clyde Drexler a Guard-Forward?

He was a SG like Pierce and Vince Carter and T-Mac have all played some SG

I told you he was a natural SF... that is the position his game was tailor made for... when he had 6'10" Cliff Robinson starting with him he was called the SG. If Pierce played with Luol Deng for the last 7 years, we'd be putting Paul on SG lists I guess....

Iverson was always ALWAYS listed as a PG, yet he is on your SG list?

Don't get what is so hard to follow?

When Clyde had Kiki on his team they called him the SG like when we had Wally on our team we called Pierce the SG... same thing

should I tell my 19 year old cousin, a die-hard Knicks fan... that if he can't remember John Starks he probably can't remember Stephon Marbury???

hahaha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My 56 year old father can't remember Bill Sharman... should I tell him he probably can't remember the guy he worshipped growing up... Havlicek?

I mean, Havlicek only retired 12 years after Sharman

So how can he remember one and not the other?

hahaha

George Gervin looks like a Rudy Gay to me... a 2 assist a game flyer who never made anyone better and just made 2 West Finals in his career... I get that he is better than that, but you can debate all day long who you'd want if you were starting a team or who was the better player overall...

Gervin was a career 27% 3 point shooter

Ray was IN THE DUNK CONTEST one year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Hondo played both - that's why he was a great 6th man!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Every season Drexler made the all-star team he did so as a guard.
    In fact, in 1992 he led all Western Conference guards in all-star votes.

http://www.allstarnba.es/ballot/1992.htm

At the end of the game last night Pierce played the PF for a couple of minutes.
    That doesn't mean he is a PF.
    It's too bad you never watched Drexler.
    He was something to watch.

Iverson was a shooting guard in a point guards body.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's too bad you never saw Havlicek - he was better!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]My 56 year old father can't remember Bill Sharman... should I tell him he probably can't remember the guy he worshipped growing up... Havlicek? I mean, Havlicek only retired 12 years after Sharman So how can he remember one and not the other? hahaha George Gervin looks like a Rudy Gay to me... a 2 assist a game flyer who never made anyone better and just made 2 West Finals in his career... I get that he is better than that, but you can debate all day long who you'd want if you were starting a team or who was the better player overall... Gervin was a career 27% 3 point shooter Ray was IN THE DUNK CONTEST one year

Insane post.
    For most of Gervin's career they didn't have 3 pointers.
    Do you think guys back then shot a couple hundred 22-25 foot shots like they do today?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]It's too bad you never saw Havlicek - he was better!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Not sure who this was for.
    I saw Havlicek, but toward the tail end of his career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Every season Drexler made the all-star team he did so as a guard. In fact, in 1992 he led all Western Conference guards in all-star votes. http://www.allstarnba.es/ballot/1992.htm At the end of the game last night Pierce played the PF for a couple of minutes. That doesn't mean he is a PF. It's too bad you never watched Drexler. He was something to watch. Iverson was a shooting guard in a point guards body.

What a joke, I watched every game of all 3 finals Clyde was in and 10 years of his career

He was a SG in a SF's body then, a 31% 3 point shooter and 78% FT shooter who drove to the rim and got a lot of rebounds, he was more Pierce than Ray

Drexler averaged over 22 points 4 times in his career, Ray doubles him up with 8... they were both 10 time all-stars

Ray was just slighty better

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Insane post. For most of Gervin's career they didn't have 3 pointers. Do you think guys back then shot a couple hundred 22-25 foot shots like they do today?

WOW

The Ignorance! It's getting bad GinaMark

Gervin played the first 6 years of his career in the ABA... they DID HAVE the 3 point shot, even a guy born 6 years after they collapsed knew that, jeeez

and Gervin shot 23% in the ABA from 3.... YUCK! They had the 3 the last SEVEN years of his NBA career... where he shot 27%. Candy from a baby Gina.

Gervin hogged the ball (avg's 19 shot attempts per game in his career with a few 24 attempt seasons in there), flew to the rim with ice water in his veins apparently, very smooth (so Rudy Gay of him), got 2 assists a game and won nothing. He is like a slightly worse Dominique (who shot 31% from 3, attempted tons of shots and won nothing)

I'd take Ray over either of them if I was starting a team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Not sure who this was for. I saw Havlicek, but toward the tail end of his career.

well if you can barely remember Havlicek then you probably can't remember Dr. J

(hehehe)