Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

Feet of clay and $$ for eyeballs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    Mark thanks for the links,  hadn't read some of this in a while.  Kome-  But his credentials already are legit, starting with the three rings he won while teamed with Shaq and riding his coat tails. West led the Lakers to the Finals an astounding nine times but won only one NBA title as he had the misfortune of playing during the Celtics' dynasty. Thanks again for playing!!!!
    Posted by OneOnOne

Do you mean the Celtics dynasty when there were only 8 teams in the league and when you only had to win 1 playoff series to get to the NBA Finals? Yeah, those really compare with modern day Championships where you have to win (3) 4 games series, just to get to the Finals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : He was NEVER a SF?? hahaha http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html Clyde Drexler Clyde Austin Drexler (Clyde the Glide) Position: Guard- Forward  ▪  Height: 6-7 ▪  Weight: 210 lbs. SF Drexler and SG Terry Porter played a lot in Portlands backcourt b/c they had no true PG but always had another solid forward option (Kiki Vandeweghe, Cliff Robinson). Replace one of those guys with a legit PG and Clyde is a SF his entire career. He is like Wilkins, Pierce, Gervin, Elgin Baylor, Adrian Dantley, Bernard King as far as not a top 5 SF... but in the 5-12 range all-time. I guess you can discredit my links of 'experts' who say Boston is better than LA right now, but then use the same 'experts' to say Ray isn't a top 10 SG? For my money there are no more than 6-7 SG's I'd take over Ray in the history of the game, he is one of its 4 greatest shooters, and Drexler isn't one of them.
    Posted by rameakap

I don't need to argue with someone who believes drexler was a SF.
    You must have never watched him.
    You are like Red. You have to google everything because you have no depth of basketball knowledge.

Oh, so now Ray is one of the 4 greatest shooters of all time...
    What happened to shooting guard?
    Constantly moving target when you are proved wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Oh and thanks for providing a link from over FOUR years ago before Ray won his ring, let alone dropped 51 on the Bulls in '09, had multiple more all-star seasons, crushed miller for all-time 3 point shots, and he's about to hit 23,000 career points. Man learn what to use when you debate Ray will come very close to passing West/Reggie (low 25,000's, 13th/14th all-time) in career points... that puts him in a top 5 with them and Kobe/MJ all-time SG's. He's already passed Drexler and Gervin, who are both listed as 6'7" Guard-Forward's... they are more SF's in my mind, although I can't remember watching Gervin its always the Rudy Gay type SF's that get compared to him.
    Posted by rameakap

If you didn't watch Gervin then you probably didn't watch Drexler.
    Ray has never rebounded well, passed or handled the ball well for a top NBA player. He is a one dimensional shooter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

So, should players get paid to play in the Olympics, or not?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/wade-allen-want-to-be-paid-to-play-in-olympics/# And the players keep reminding me why I have gravitated so far away from basketball. Simply despicable, what a disappointing statement from Ray. Spoiled, entitled and totally out of touch. I find myself not only not wanting to watch these bums perform, I find it hard to even keep my food down when they open their mouths. Truly an embarrassment. The NBA is trying it's best to kill itself. Good riddance I say.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

Gotta disagree with you buddy.  These guys are hurting.  THey play a MASSIVE amount of games and have so much wear and tear on their bodies that you just can't relate.  They play, ice, heat, hurt, etc.  Then, after a long season and then 20 playoff games, they'd take 2 or 3 weeks off and go play the Olympics or USAbasketball and after that, come right back and start the NBA season.   

I ain't mad at them.  I understand.  By the way, I believe college football players should be paid, as well.  They put in so much and the school makes so much money but they get chastized for having someone even buy them a darn suit.   Let's remember that these athletes put in a massive amount of time and work and take on huge pressures - unlike anything you and I go through.  Yes, they deserve pay, unlike the track and field or rifle/fencing champions who don't have nearly the pressure to perform in the public eye nor play as many games/hurt their bodies as much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I started watching the game in '88 Do you know that little about the NBA that you don't realize Drexler played for TWELVE more seasons after Gervin hung it up??? it's like me saying to a 20 year old... 'if you didn't watch Isiah Thomas then you probably didn't watch Gary Payton' hahahaha....how ignorant, it really is like candy from a baby... Drexler was forced into a SG role by the lineup around him many times... like Pierce has been in his career as well.... Drexler was a natural SF Ray averaged 4.5 rebounds, 4 assists and 1.5 steal a game in his 10 year prime and barely less than those #'s for his career That's BETTER than Sharman, Miller and Monroe. He was a twice the distributor Gervin was and twice the rebounder Dumars was... blah blah blah it really isn't hard to poke you full of holes Gina... better move on, unless you have any more articles from 4 years ago to wow us with Doesn't hurt to also be one of the 5 best FT shooters of all time
    Posted by rameakap

Drexler was a SG his whole career.
    Why did all 3 of those lists of greatest SG's have him on it?
    Nobody here will come to your defense about Drexler.

Gervin was one of my 3 favorite players.
    He was head and shoulders a better player then Ray Allen.

I will say this about Ray.
    He is the greatest 3 point shooter I have ever seen and the 2nd greatest shooter I have ever seen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Drexler played both, Gervin played both..................Scottie Pippen is even listed as both....Ray is a great player.  For pure shooting guards, I'd put him about 5th after MJ, Bryant, West and Jones. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Hondo played both - that's why he was a great 6th man!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Every season Drexler made the all-star team he did so as a guard.
    In fact, in 1992 he led all Western Conference guards in all-star votes.

http://www.allstarnba.es/ballot/1992.htm

At the end of the game last night Pierce played the PF for a couple of minutes.
    That doesn't mean he is a PF.
    It's too bad you never watched Drexler.
    He was something to watch.

Iverson was a shooting guard in a point guards body.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's too bad you never saw Havlicek - he was better!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

My 56 year old father can't remember Bill Sharman... should I tell him he probably can't remember the guy he worshipped growing up... Havlicek? I mean, Havlicek only retired 12 years after Sharman So how can he remember one and not the other? hahaha George Gervin looks like a Rudy Gay to me... a 2 assist a game flyer who never made anyone better and just made 2 West Finals in his career... I get that he is better than that, but you can debate all day long who you'd want if you were starting a team or who was the better player overall... Gervin was a career 27% 3 point shooter Ray was IN THE DUNK CONTEST one year
    Posted by rameakap

Insane post.
    For most of Gervin's career they didn't have 3 pointers.
    Do you think guys back then shot a couple hundred 22-25 foot shots like they do today?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

It's too bad you never saw Havlicek - he was better!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Not sure who this was for.
    I saw Havlicek, but toward the tail end of his career.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : What a joke, I watched every game of all 3 finals Clyde was in and 10 years of his career He was a SG in a SF's body then, a 31% 3 point shooter and 78% FT shooter who drove to the rim and got a lot of rebounds, he was more Pierce than Ray Drexler averaged over 22 points 4 times in his career, Ray doubles him up with 8... they were both 10 time all-stars Ray was just slighty better
    Posted by rameakap

Stop looking at stats to try to prove that Drexler was a SF.
    Drexler was more like Kobe then Pierce.
    By your lack of knowledge about the NBA, you can't be more then 27/28 years old.

This is all you need to know about Drexler/Ray Allen.
    6 times Drexler finished in the top 15 of MVP voting.
    1 time Ray Allen finished in the top 20 of MVP voting.

5 times Drexler made the All-NBA Team. (1st team 1 time)
    2 times Ray Allen made the All-NBA Team. (1st team 0 times)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : well if you can barely remember Havlicek then you probably can't remember Dr. J (hehehe)
    Posted by rameakap

I thought Dr. J was seriously over-rated because of his leaping ability.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

I got a kick out of R9R's comment that he loved his summers and wanted no part of the Team USA. Not the story at all two years ago when he tried out for the team because it would help his "brand" and then got "homesick" and quit the team because he was about to be cut by Coach K. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

stuff it pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Every season Drexler made the all-star team he did so as a guard. In fact, in 1992 he led all Western Conference guards in all-star votes. http://www.allstarnba.es/ballot/1992.htm At the end of the game last night Pierce played the PF for a couple of minutes. That doesn't mean he is a PF. It's too bad you never watched Drexler. He was something to watch. Iverson was a shooting guard in a point guards body.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Keep moving the goalposts.Drexler ,like Pierce and a lot of other guys was primarily a SG earlier in his career ,and played more small forward later.BTW , this is a stupid argument, and your disdain for Ray Allen is either peevishness or a lack of ignorance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

I got a kick out of R9R's comment that he loved his summers and wanted no part of the Team USA. Not the story at all two years ago when he tried out for the team because it would help his "brand" and then got "homesick" and quit the team because he was about to be cut by Coach K. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I know it grieves you that Rondo is being acclaimed by virtually everybody as he leads the Celtics resurgence.Too bad you had to retire your alter-ego ,dudder, after its racist rant.No playmates, real or imagined to join you in the hate-Rajon game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

got anything to say to 'For most of Gervin's career there was no 3 point shot' when in 12 of his 15 years there WAS a 3 point shot for him to use and he was TERRIBLE at shooting 3's? Oh it must be the NINE seasons he averaged less than 2.6 assists compared to the TEN season Ray averged more than 3.7 that makes up for it?
    Posted by rameakap

I stand correct.
    For part of Gervin's career there was no 3 point line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Thanks for the support buddy It is debatable but starting to lean in Ray's favor the more he plays great ball at an old age as to who had the better career and will be considered the superior player. And Clyde was a SF who masqueraded around as a SG for much of his career based on his teammates positions, listed as a G-F he had a SF game and body, a game with pedestrain shooting #'s and SF rebounding numbers that is much easier to find than anyone with Ray's incrdible shooting numbers. I'd take Ray to start a team
    Posted by rameakap

Jerome Kersey was Portland's SF for almost all of Drexler's career.
    Drexler was a guard on every all-star ballot.
    All of the "all-time greatest" lists that have been compiled or voted on by former players.

This argument is like you saying the sky isn't blue.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Wow, really missed the boat here. I was not attacking the relevence of the Olympic pay issue thread. I was attacking the way an obvious troll who constantly displays limited knowledge about the sport of basketball and the mind of a child was attempting to vilify known class-act Ray Allen and somehow promote a well known scumb@g, egomaniac and one of the games most selfish and disliked players, the accused rapist Kobe Bryant. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel and grasping for straws if you claim to approve of the antics of Elven, he is the dumbest and easiest target of all the Laker trolls... and if you claim to love Boston sports so much you would be laughing at and picking to apart such trash as him (as I do daily) over using a loser to try and prove a point about yourself... FAIL
    Posted by rameakap
    so what if he's a "troll", it is what it is .. you think by attacking him and being a zimmerman is going to deter him. are you a mod? no. who died and made you the superman of the board? just shut up with the self-righteous nonsense and share your own thoughts and leave others alone. You spend way too much ANNOYING others. Control yourself pal!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If I remember correctly, Kersey usually played power forward and always whined that he didn't get enough credit.

Drexler was kind of a 2/3.  Sort of a poor man's michael jordan.  A cross between shooting guard and driving drJ types.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : so what if he's a "troll", it is what it is .. you think by attacking him and being a zimmerman is going to deter him. are you a mod? no. who died and made you the superman of the board? just shut up with the self-righteous nonsense and share your own thoughts and leave others alone. You spend way too much ANNOYING others. Control yourself pal!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Comparing a known Celtics fan to Zimmerman is not cool, man!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

At the beginning of his career, Robinson came off the bench.  He did not become a full-time starter until 1994............and since he was on PHO 3 years later........it is safe to say that he never started together with (the late) Kevin Duckworth, whose Trail-Blazer career ENDED in  92-93!

Bye!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Keep spinning in circles, my 1st UConn memory was of Cliff and the '88 NIT team, I watched him for 20 years, he was a combo-forward same as Kersey. He has Jeff Green's game... Kersey had Brandon Bass's game. What don't you get? I have already won this argument. I destroyed you on every comparison, stats, made way more sense, exposed you on the ignorance you held for a player like Gervin who you can actually remember playing and I can't , on and on hold onto your petty victory that Drexler was LISTED at SG more often than at SF in his career as a GUARD-FORWARD http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html I made a lot more sense than your babbling that Drexler was a SG like Kobe throughout his career (wrong he only avg's over 22 points 4x, Ray 8x, and had a game like Pierce/Vince SF's) and that Gervin played 'most' of his career without a 3 point line (wrong 12 of 15 years he had one) and that we can't say he wasn't a bad 3 point shooter (uh, yes we CAN, 27% in 12 years, he was TERRIBLE) and the articles you posted to defame Ray were over 4 years old, didn't account for another 5,000 career points, 2 all-star games, NBA title and top 3 point shooter ever. He is top 10 no doubt, more of a SHOOTING guard than Drexler (ugly 32% 3's, 78% FT's) and better now than Clyde, Gervin, Sharman, Monroe and Miller. That's how you win a debate folks
    Posted by rameakap

Check out my post right above yours......

Did you know Gina seems to think the lakers will be able to attract more Free Agents next year because;
    a.  they "cut" salary by dumping Odom, Walton, Kapono and Fisher and
    b.  the new TV deal kicks in next year!!

Yet she/he has the nerve to say we can't move up in the draft, and Parker is more of an MVP this year than Rondo!!!

Sections
Shortcuts