Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : What a joke, I watched every game of all 3 finals Clyde was in and 10 years of his career He was a SG in a SF's body then, a 31% 3 point shooter and 78% FT shooter who drove to the rim and got a lot of rebounds, he was more Pierce than Ray Drexler averaged over 22 points 4 times in his career, Ray doubles him up with 8... they were both 10 time all-stars Ray was just slighty better
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Stop looking at stats to try to prove that Drexler was a SF.
    Drexler was more like Kobe then Pierce.
    By your lack of knowledge about the NBA, you can't be more then 27/28 years old.

This is all you need to know about Drexler/Ray Allen.
    6 times Drexler finished in the top 15 of MVP voting.
    1 time Ray Allen finished in the top 20 of MVP voting.

5 times Drexler made the All-NBA Team. (1st team 1 time)
    2 times Ray Allen made the All-NBA Team. (1st team 0 times)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : well if you can barely remember Havlicek then you probably can't remember Dr. J (hehehe)

I thought Dr. J was seriously over-rated because of his leaping ability.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Stop looking at stats to try to prove that Drexler was a SF. Drexler was more like Kobe then Pierce. By your lack of knowledge about the NBA, you can't be more then 27/28 years old. This is all you need to know about Drexler/Ray Allen. 6 times Drexler finished in the top 15 of MVP voting. 1 time Ray Allen finished in the top 20 of MVP voting. 5 times Drexler made the All-NBA Team. (1st team 1 time) 2 times Ray Allen made the All-NBA Team. (1st team 0 times)
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

That is not all I need to know... I posted the facts involving shooting percentages and the same # of all-star games and the MANY times Ray scored more points, on and on

I think it is quite clear what my age is, I never run from it (30) I said I watched every game Drexler ever played in the finals and saw 10 years of his career but have no memory of Gervin.

I am a student of the game and can remember just as much of Drexler/Dominique as you can. Drexler was more Pierce, Vince, T-Mac than Kobe.

I'd take Ray over Drexler... just barely, he was VERY good. In a heartbeat Ray over 'Nique/Gervin. Like I said you can find a Pierce (or even a Rudy Gay) to score like Clyde did, get you 5-7 boards and have Drexler's 6'7" SF body MUCH easier than you can find a 45/40/90 (wow Ray, just wow)

enough said, I took this one Gina, g'nite

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

got anything to say to 'For most of Gervin's career there was no 3 point shot' when in 12 of his 15 years there WAS a 3 point shot for him to use and he was TERRIBLE at shooting 3's?

Oh it must be the NINE seasons he averaged less than 2.6 assists compared to the TEN season Ray averged more than 3.7 that makes up for it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I got a kick out of R9R's comment that he loved his summers and wanted no part of the Team USA. Not the story at all two years ago when he tried out for the team because it would help his "brand" and then got "homesick" and quit the team because he was about to be cut by Coach K. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

stuff it pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Every season Drexler made the all-star team he did so as a guard. In fact, in 1992 he led all Western Conference guards in all-star votes. http://www.allstarnba.es/ballot/1992.htm At the end of the game last night Pierce played the PF for a couple of minutes. That doesn't mean he is a PF. It's too bad you never watched Drexler. He was something to watch. Iverson was a shooting guard in a point guards body.

Keep moving the goalposts.Drexler ,like Pierce and a lot of other guys was primarily a SG earlier in his career ,and played more small forward later.BTW , this is a stupid argument, and your disdain for Ray Allen is either peevishness or a lack of ignorance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]I got a kick out of R9R's comment that he loved his summers and wanted no part of the Team USA. Not the story at all two years ago when he tried out for the team because it would help his "brand" and then got "homesick" and quit the team because he was about to be cut by Coach K. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

I know it grieves you that Rondo is being acclaimed by virtually everybody as he leads the Celtics resurgence.Too bad you had to retire your alter-ego ,dudder, after its racist rant.No playmates, real or imagined to join you in the hate-Rajon game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Keep moving the goalposts.Drexler ,like Pierce and a lot of other guys was primarily a SG earlier in his career ,and played more small forward later.BTW , this is a stupid argument, and your disdain for Ray Allen is either peevishness or a lack of ignorance.
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the support buddy

It is debatable but starting to lean in Ray's favor the more he plays great ball at an old age as to who had the better career and will be considered the superior player.

And Clyde was a SF who masqueraded around as a SG for much of his career based on his teammates positions, listed as a G-F he had a SF game and body, a game with pedestrain shooting #'s and SF rebounding numbers that is much easier to find than anyone with Ray's incrdible shooting numbers.

I'd take Ray to start a team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and don't waste ur time with pud

the laker trolls are fun to toy with like mark/gina

pud is a backwards twisted rotten fan who I put on ignore over a year ago. his deep dislike for Rondo, ignorance in the face of stats/truth and negative shallow petty posts bring everyone down

your life will be better with him on ignore

he can't be a real man and admit he is wrong and aligns himself with a known racist as his only friend on this board

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]got anything to say to 'For most of Gervin's career there was no 3 point shot' when in 12 of his 15 years there WAS a 3 point shot for him to use and he was TERRIBLE at shooting 3's? Oh it must be the NINE seasons he averaged less than 2.6 assists compared to the TEN season Ray averged more than 3.7 that makes up for it?

I stand correct.
    For part of Gervin's career there was no 3 point line.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Thanks for the support buddy It is debatable but starting to lean in Ray's favor the more he plays great ball at an old age as to who had the better career and will be considered the superior player. And Clyde was a SF who masqueraded around as a SG for much of his career based on his teammates positions, listed as a G-F he had a SF game and body, a game with pedestrain shooting #'s and SF rebounding numbers that is much easier to find than anyone with Ray's incrdible shooting numbers. I'd take Ray to start a team

Jerome Kersey was Portland's SF for almost all of Drexler's career.
    Drexler was a guard on every all-star ballot.
    All of the "all-time greatest" lists that have been compiled or voted on by former players.

This argument is like you saying the sky isn't blue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Wow, really missed the boat here. I was not attacking the relevence of the Olympic pay issue thread. I was attacking the way an obvious troll who constantly displays limited knowledge about the sport of basketball and the mind of a child was attempting to vilify known class-act Ray Allen and somehow promote a well known scumb@g, egomaniac and one of the games most selfish and disliked players, the accused rapist Kobe Bryant. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel and grasping for straws if you claim to approve of the antics of Elven, he is the dumbest and easiest target of all the Laker trolls... and if you claim to love Boston sports so much you would be laughing at and picking to apart such trash as him (as I do daily) over using a loser to try and prove a point about yourself... FAIL
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]so what if he's a "troll", it is what it is .. you think by attacking him and being a zimmerman is going to deter him. are you a mod? no. who died and made you the superman of the board? just shut up with the self-righteous nonsense and share your own thoughts and leave others alone. You spend way too much ANNOYING others. Control yourself pal!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : so what if he's a "troll", it is what it is .. you think by attacking him and being a zimmerman is going to deter him. are you a mod? no. who died and made you the superman of the board? just shut up with the self-righteous nonsense and share your own thoughts and leave others alone. You spend way too much ANNOYING others. Control yourself pal!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

says the blind squirrel reaching for the stars

The board spoke on you CC, A dozen people came out said they can't stand your posts and more than that can't stand Avenger, who is so clearly you it is pathetic.

The only people who have a problem with me are the Laker trolls I humiliate daily... I do it through facts, stats and truth related to basketball... it is what a sports forum is for... you think this place is a contest to see who can start the most controversial or attention grabbing thread regardless of how factual, classy (they are often racist) and actually related to the Boston sports team they are

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think this site is about intelligent fans of a SPECIFIC club talking about our team, and we can laugh at or defend them against other teams trolls all we want. when annoying ants come along like you (you are a joke here BTW) sometimes posters humor you and your tabloid topics in screaming teenage girl headlines...sometimes they are disgusted/annoyed and tell you so... but whatever... do what you do it is a free country

I'll keep saying when I think you bring trash and add nothing to the discussion, which is often, although you do it under your alter-name (are you fooling anybody pretending you are not the same person?) 'the Avenger' more than under CC.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Jerome Kersey was Portland's SF for almost all of Drexler's career. Drexler was a guard on every all-star ballot. All of the "all-time greatest" lists that have been compiled or voted on by former players. This argument is like you saying the sky isn't blue.

I proved my point that Drexler was a guard-forward (as he is listed online) who had a SF's game and body and was often listed at SG

Kersey was an undersized Brandon Bass type power forward, a 6'8" guy who could bang down low for 7-8 boards a game and get you points in the teens... Bass is a very good comparison for him actually. Unless you want to say that when he played with Cliff Robinson (albeit he was taller, like a Jeff Green) and Kiki Vandeweghe that one of those guys was the PF? You got way too caught up in the black and white and lost sight of the fluidity of positions in the game.

Portland was just a crazy team in the early 90's who best players were two combo guards (Ainge/Porter) a SG-SF (Drexler) two combo-forwards (Cliff and Kersey) a F-C (Buck Williams) and one real C (Duckworth). They had so many players who could play 2 positions you had to just claim one guy was something and run w/ it like Drexler being a SF called a SG for most of his career.

this is really pointless of you... I admitted that Drexler will be on SG lists b/c thats the spot he was listed at for most of his career... but he is more comparable as a player to top SF's while Ray is comparable to guys like Miller, Monroe, Dumars, West, Sharman, etc. Way different game than Clyde. Clyde's game compares to SF's, that is the truth, enough sid.

and the original point, of my thinking Ray is better, although just barely, remains

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If I remember correctly, Kersey usually played power forward and always whined that he didn't get enough credit.

Drexler was kind of a 2/3.  Sort of a poor man's michael jordan.  A cross between shooting guard and driving drJ types.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : I stand correct. For part of Gervin's career there was no 3 point line.

you are 100% wrong

said that for 'MOST' of his career there was no 3-point line

3 out of 15 is not 'MOST'

and you used that as a reason why the 3 pointer shouldn't be considered when dissecting Gervin's game...ummm really... when you have the 3 point line for 12/15 years 80% of you career and average 27% behind it it is clear to me that he was a TERRIBLE deep shooter

Ray Allen is someone I would take in a heartbeat over Gervin... a 40/45/90 guy who was also ina dunj contest and explosive early in his career over a guy who didn't pass, win squat, couldn't shoot deep and just did a lot of atheltic scoring like so many Rudy Gay's/Iguadala's of today's game.

you were WRONG

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]If I remember correctly, Kersey usually played power forward and always whined that he didn't get enough credit. Drexler was kind of a 2/3.  Sort of a poor man's michael jordan.  A cross between shooting guard and driving drJ types.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

right

Kersey was more 4 than 3

Drexler played more like a 3 was more often listed as a 2, but in the end went down as a 'guard-forward'

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : so what if he's a "troll", it is what it is .. you think by attacking him and being a zimmerman is going to deter him. are you a mod? no. who died and made you the superman of the board? just shut up with the self-righteous nonsense and share your own thoughts and leave others alone. You spend way too much ANNOYING others. Control yourself pal!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Comparing a known Celtics fan to Zimmerman is not cool, man!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

At the beginning of his career, Robinson came off the bench.  He did not become a full-time starter until 1994............and since he was on PHO 3 years later........it is safe to say that he never started together with (the late) Kevin Duckworth, whose Trail-Blazer career ENDED in  92-93!

Bye!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]6'10 Clifford Robinson was Portland's PF and Duckworth was their center. If you guys would have watched them for years and were honest you would be able to admit that Drexler played SG his whole career. This should not even be a discussion. This is factual.

Keep spinning in circles, my 1st UConn memory was of Cliff and the '88 NIT team, I watched him for 20 years, he was a combo-forward same as Kersey. He has Jeff Green's game... Kersey had Brandon Bass's game. What don't you get?

I have already won this argument. I destroyed you on every comparison, stats, made way more sense, exposed you on the ignorance you held for a player like Gervin who you can actually remember playing and I can't , on and on

hold onto your petty victory that Drexler was LISTED at SG more often than at SF in his career as a GUARD-FORWARD

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html

I made a lot more sense than your babbling that Drexler was a SG like Kobe throughout his career (wrong he only avg's over 22 points 4x, Ray 8x, and had a game like Pierce/Vince SF's) and that Gervin played 'most' of his career without a 3 point line (wrong 12 of 15 years he had one) and that we can't say he wasn't a bad 3 point shooter (uh, yes we CAN, 27% in 12 years, he was TERRIBLE)

and the articles you posted to defame Ray were over 4 years old, didn't account for another 5,000 career points, 2 all-star games, NBA title and top 3 point shooter ever.

He is top 10 no doubt, more of a SHOOTING guard than Drexler (ugly 32% 3's, 78% FT's) and better now than Clyde, Gervin, Sharman, Monroe and Miller.

That's how you win a debate folks

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Keep spinning in circles, my 1st UConn memory was of Cliff and the '88 NIT team, I watched him for 20 years, he was a combo-forward same as Kersey. He has Jeff Green's game... Kersey had Brandon Bass's game. What don't you get? I have already won this argument. I destroyed you on every comparison, stats, made way more sense, exposed you on the ignorance you held for a player like Gervin who you can actually remember playing and I can't , on and on hold onto your petty victory that Drexler was LISTED at SG more often than at SF in his career as a GUARD-FORWARD http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html I made a lot more sense than your babbling that Drexler was a SG like Kobe throughout his career (wrong he only avg's over 22 points 4x, Ray 8x, and had a game like Pierce/Vince SF's) and that Gervin played 'most' of his career without a 3 point line (wrong 12 of 15 years he had one) and that we can't say he wasn't a bad 3 point shooter (uh, yes we CAN, 27% in 12 years, he was TERRIBLE) and the articles you posted to defame Ray were over 4 years old, didn't account for another 5,000 career points, 2 all-star games, NBA title and top 3 point shooter ever. He is top 10 no doubt, more of a SHOOTING guard than Drexler (ugly 32% 3's, 78% FT's) and better now than Clyde, Gervin, Sharman, Monroe and Miller. That's how you win a debate folks

Check out my post right above yours......

Did you know Gina seems to think the lakers will be able to attract more Free Agents next year because;
    a.  they "cut" salary by dumping Odom, Walton, Kapono and Fisher and
    b.  the new TV deal kicks in next year!!

Yet she/he has the nerve to say we can't move up in the draft, and Parker is more of an MVP this year than Rondo!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]At the beginning of his career, Robinson came off the bench.  He did not become a full-time starter until 1994............and since he was on PHO 3 years later........it is safe to say that he never started together with (the late) Kevin Duckworth, whose Trail-Blazer career ENDED in  92-93! Bye!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

The difference Red is that Mark tries to win an argument with a single black and white statement like 'what they were listed at' for 'most' of their careers.

Robinson played SF, PF and C. He was a swiss army knife. He shot a ton of 3's and guarded SF's... Kersey played in the paint and got more rebounds, despite being 2-3" shorter. Kersey was Brandon Bass, Robinson was Jeff Green.

Drexler has Kersey, Robinson and Kiki who could all play SF, he was listed as a GUARD-FORWARD, but played more SG, even though his game was more of a SF's, b/c of his teammates. Like Pierce when we had Wally or Eric Williams at the 3.

It is simple to see when an intelligent fan looks at the gray area and all the facts/stats... which Mark/Gina doesn't do.

I will take Ray's career and game as a SG head to head over drexler's...barely... when it all comes down to it. But really, I compare Drexler to guys like Gervin, Dominique, Vince Carter, Pierce, Elgin Baylor as far as style and Ray to guys like Sharman, Reggie, Mitch Richmond, Monroe, West and Sam Jones.

Apples to Oranges styles... big G-F who rebounds, slashes and is a mediocre shooter (esp from 3) vs a pure SG, better scorer, w/ some of the best shooting #'s of all-time.

I took him down

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Say we drafted Josh Howard in '03 (over trading for Ricky Davis) or Rudy Gay in '06 (as Ainge would have if he didn't trade for Telfair/Theo with the KG plan down the road) and rebuilt around Pierce and young guns Gay, Rondo, DWest, TA, Al, Gomes, Powe and Perk. Never made the Ray move.

Then Paul would have spent his ENTIRE career as a SG. '00-'03 Eric Williams was the small forward and '06-'07 Wally was. Pierce has already spend FIVE years of his carrer as a SG (just like how Drexler ended it as a SF for the Rockets). If we had guys like Howard and Gay then PP would have pulled a Drexler and be ranked w/ the top SG's of all time even those his game is much more SF and very different from a typical SG.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Keep spinning in circles, my 1st UConn memory was of Cliff and the '88 NIT team, I watched him for 20 years, he was a combo-forward same as Kersey. He has Jeff Green's game... Kersey had Brandon Bass's game. What don't you get? I have already won this argument. I destroyed you on every comparison, stats, made way more sense, exposed you on the ignorance you held for a player like Gervin who you can actually remember playing and I can't , on and on hold onto your petty victory that Drexler was LISTED at SG more often than at SF in his career as a GUARD-FORWARD http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html I made a lot more sense than your babbling that Drexler was a SG like Kobe throughout his career (wrong he only avg's over 22 points 4x, Ray 8x, and had a game like Pierce/Vince SF's) and that Gervin played 'most' of his career without a 3 point line (wrong 12 of 15 years he had one) and that we can't say he wasn't a bad 3 point shooter (uh, yes we CAN, 27% in 12 years, he was TERRIBLE) and the articles you posted to defame Ray were over 4 years old, didn't account for another 5,000 career points, 2 all-star games, NBA title and top 3 point shooter ever. He is top 10 no doubt, more of a SHOOTING guard than Drexler (ugly 32% 3's, 78% FT's) and better now than Clyde, Gervin, Sharman, Monroe and Miller. That's how you win a debate folks

Man, you totally destroyed Gina!Cool
    Keep it up! So many unintelligent posters here and it's always nice to see good posts!