Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics

Thanks man

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Ram is a 30 year old guy who never saw George Gervin or Julius Erving play and only remembers Michael Jordan as a player for Washington.

At least he has youtube and google for research.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics:
    [QUOTE]Ram is a 30 year old guy who never saw George Gervin or Julius Erving play and only remembers Michael Jordan as a player for Washington. At least he has youtube and google for research.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

GREAT comeback - a lot of thought went into that one.  I guess you are the clear winner now!!!

Hey, how's Sessions doing?  Averaging 13 and 10 yet?  EASILY was the word you used!!  How's that going??

I DID see Gervin play - many times - he was awesome!!  A Hot Dog in every sense of the word - NOT a guy the Celtics would ever take!! 

Doesn't make my "all-dominant" team, though.  Whether injuries, or substance abuse.....it's too bad these guys (except for one), didn't get a chance to show what they really could do:
    Pistol Pete
    Andrew Toney
    Michael Ray Richardson ( and the cocaine express)
    Bernard King
    Elvin Hayes

Once they got hot, no one could stop them!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Sessions is doing just fine.
    He is not averaging 13 and 10.
    He takes the ball to the basket and has been hitting his 3 point shots.

The Celtics have had plaenty of hot dogs.
    Gervin was not a hot dog.
    Was Gervin better then Ray Allen?
    A 30 year old guy here says no. (Box Score Guru #2 I guess).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Sessions is doing just fine. He is not averaging 13 and 10. He takes the ball to the basket and has been hitting his 3 point shots. The Celtics have had plaenty of hot dogs. Gervin was not a hot dog. Was Gervin better then Ray Allen? A 30 year old guy here says no. (Box Score Guru #2 I guess).

But, is he EASILY averaging 13 and 10?  NO, so your cred is dead!!  The Celtics have had "plenty" of hot dogs................???   Ok, go!!   Gervin WAS a hot dog - he even said so in an interview.  I never said he wasn't better than Ray Allen, that's between you and Rame.  I think Ray makes top 10 all-time, but not #4.  As a pure shooter?  Yes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : I thought Dr. J was seriously over-rated because of his leaping ability.

the guy averaged 23.5 points a game over his career.  That probably helped him become "over rated".

As far As Ray Allen goes He is going to wind up in the top 20 scorers of all time, and is a sure HOFer.  I certainly would take Drexler over him but you act like him being a bordeline top 10 all time shooting guard is a bad thing.  You know how many SG's there have been in the NBA over all these years? And you act that their have been 10 better than him is a reason to be ashamed or something.  If Andrew Bynum becomes the 11th best center ever in the NBA the dude should be proud. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : the guy averaged 23.5 points a game over his career.  That probably helped him become "over rated". As far As Ray Allen goes He is going to wind up in the top 20 scorers of all time, and is a sure HOFer.  I certainly would take Drexler over him but you act like him being a bordeline top 10 all time shooting guard is a bad thing.  You know how many SG's there have been in the NBA over all these years? And you act that their have been 10 better than him is a reason to be ashamed or something.  If Andrew Bynum becomes the 11th best center ever in the NBA the dude should be proud. 
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that Erving guy.....all he could do was dunk, right??  What a clown!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : the guy averaged 23.5 points a game over his career.  That probably helped him become "over rated". As far As Ray Allen goes He is going to wind up in the top 20 scorers of all time, and is a sure HOFer.  I certainly would take Drexler over him but you act like him being a bordeline top 10 all time shooting guard is a bad thing.  You know how many SG's there have been in the NBA over all these years? And you act that their have been 10 better than him is a reason to be ashamed or something.  If Andrew Bynum becomes the 11th best center ever in the NBA the dude should be proud. 

Rame said Ray is the 4th best SG of all-time.
    Of course, no Celtics fans here got on him for that.
    Ray is between 10-20 all-time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Erving is often mistakenly put in the same group as Bird/Magic/Kareem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Also Drexler did play a lot of small forward.  If you read Drexlers Autobiography he talks about how much he played the 3.  He did prefer the 2 though.

I mean I know that Mark knows more about Drexler than Drexler but....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Rame said Ray is the 4th best SG of all-time. Of course, no Celtics fans here got on him for that. Ray is between 10-20 all-time.

I just said that I didn't think he was the fourth best. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Also Drexler did play a lot of small forward.  If you read Drexlers Autobiography he talks about how much he played the 3.  He did prefer the 2 though. I mean I know that Mark knows more about Drexler than Drexler but....

Was Drexler ever on an all-star ballot as a forward?
    Kobe has played some SF recently with Blake and Sessions as the guards.
    Should we consider him a SG-SF?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Erving is often mistakenly put in the same group as Bird/Magic/Kareem.   

that would be Bird/Magic/RUSSELL/Jordan...........Kareem was good, too, though!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Do you mean the Celtics dynasty when there were only 8 teams in the league and when you only had to win 1 playoff series to get to the NBA Finals? Yeah, those really compare with modern day Championships where you have to win (3) 4 games series, just to get to the Finals.

If it was so easy how come the Fakers didn't win any?
    Thanks for playing and come back for more knowledge any time!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : WOW The Ignorance! It's getting bad GinaMark Gervin played the first 6 years of his career in the ABA... they DID HAVE the 3 point shot, even a guy born 6 years after they collapsed knew that, jeeez and Gervin shot 23% in the ABA from 3.... YUCK! They had the 3 the last SEVEN years of his NBA career... where he shot 27%. Candy from a baby Gina. Gervin hogged the ball (avg's 19 shot attempts per game in his career with a few 24 attempt seasons in there), flew to the rim with ice water in his veins apparently, very smooth (so Rudy Gay of him), got 2 assists a game and won nothing. He is like a slightly worse Dominique (who shot 31% from 3, attempted tons of shots and won nothing) I'd take Ray over either of them if I was starting a team
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

U mean he shot nearly as much as Kome, only better shots?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Was Drexler ever on an all-star ballot as a forward? Kobe has played some SF recently with Blake and Sessions as the guards. Should we consider him a SG-SF?

No Kome should stay away from SF.  Pierce always has lit up Kome.  Why do you think Shaq gave Pierce the name the "Truth"   It was during his days with the Fakers when Kome was trying to guard Mr. Pierce.
    Thanks for playing!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Keep spinning in circles, my 1st UConn memory was of Cliff and the '88 NIT team, I watched him for 20 years, he was a combo-forward same as Kersey. He has Jeff Green's game... Kersey had Brandon Bass's game. What don't you get? I have already won this argument. I destroyed you on every comparison, stats, made way more sense, exposed you on the ignorance you held for a player like Gervin who you can actually remember playing and I can't , on and on hold onto your petty victory that Drexler was LISTED at SG more often than at SF in his career as a GUARD-FORWARD http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/drexlcl01.html I made a lot more sense than your babbling that Drexler was a SG like Kobe throughout his career (wrong he only avg's over 22 points 4x, Ray 8x, and had a game like Pierce/Vince SF's) and that Gervin played 'most' of his career without a 3 point line (wrong 12 of 15 years he had one) and that we can't say he wasn't a bad 3 point shooter (uh, yes we CAN, 27% in 12 years, he was TERRIBLE) and the articles you posted to defame Ray were over 4 years old, didn't account for another 5,000 career points, 2 all-star games, NBA title and top 3 point shooter ever. He is top 10 no doubt, more of a SHOOTING guard than Drexler (ugly 32% 3's, 78% FT's) and better now than Clyde, Gervin, Sharman, Monroe and Miller. That's how you win a debate folks
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Please quit pummeling this poor troll. I have never seen someone take such a beating and keep coming back for more.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Allen and Wade say NBA players should get PAID for Olympics : Was Drexler ever on an all-star ballot as a forward? Kobe has played some SF recently with Blake and Sessions as the guards. Should we consider him a SG-SF?

I am telling you that Drexler considers himself a SG/SF.  You can bring it up with him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]There is point is fair, someone is making a lot of money off of them at the Olympics. They should want to play for free but they are making a lot of people a lot of cash. It is not like Nike is making Team USA jersies for free.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]
    I have a solution for these players.  Don't play.  Simple as that.  Don't play. 

And when Dirk or Ginobbli or some other foreign born NBA player is talking trash about winning the olympics - keep your mouth shut.