Allen Iverson Is he the Answer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Allen Iverson Is he the Answer?

If he is as contrite as people say and wants to finish his career on a positive note this could be a worth looking at on the cheap. He still can split the D and a better outside shot option over Rondo in crunch time.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrTrippleDouble. Show MrTrippleDouble's posts

Re: Allen Iverson Is he the Answer?

He's not the answer, but he can be an important piece to the puzzle. If we resign West, we can slide West to the 2 and have A.I. run the back up point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i hope we take a good look at him...he would make our bench damn good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I agree, there aren't too many other guards out there that could play the role we need to fill better than AI.  Bring him in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Allen Iverson Is he the Answer?:
    I agree, there aren't too many other guards out there that could play the role we need to fill better than AI.  Bring him in.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo

exactly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Do you all think Alan Iverson has been reincarnated?  He was not effective his last go and his skill have been eroding for years.  We do not need another old and in this case already washed up former undersized superstar!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Guess he could be our Vinnie Johnson.....with baggage. Bring him in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

He'd be just as good as Eddie House and Nate Robinson

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

He'd be just as good as Eddie House and Nate Robinson
    Posted by rameakap

i think he would be better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Too small, too old, poor defensive player.   I don't think he can help this team.  I'm with Fierce....give the minures to Moore or Bradley (I have more hope for Bradley than others).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

The Celts are better off giving the minutes to E'Twaun MOore.
    Posted by Fiercest34

With a short preseason and Doc not big on rookies esp at the point AI at vet min is good option and if E'Twaun is as good as advertised the it didnt cost us anything

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Too small, too old, poor defensive player.   I don't think he can help this team.  I'm with Fierce....give the minures to Moore or Bradley (I have more hope for Bradley than others).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

if ray allen can play D on this team and still run around like crazy...i think AI can also...before he sat out the season he had a calf injury that he had surgery on..i think he is healthy right now and we should give him a shot...and if he pans out well....moore and bradley can't even hold AI's jockstrap....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Allen Iverson Is he the Answer? : With a short preseason and Doc not big on rookies esp at the point AI at vet min is good option and if E'Twaun is as good as advertised the it didnt cost us anything
    Posted by genaro008

you know i think that gilbert brown out of pitt...might be better than moore...gotta watch him i think he's going to get an invite.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Allen Iverson Is he the Answer? : you know i think that gilbert brown out of pitt...might be better than moore...gotta watch him i think he's going to get an invite.
    Posted by raider3524

The one thing I liked about Moore was he reminds be of John Bagley but more athletic  Mature solid back up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Allen Iverson Is he the Answer? : The one thing I liked about Moore was he reminds be of John Bagley but more athletic  Mature solid back up
    Posted by genaro008

oh i agree i like moore..but i'm not sure if he makes it this season..better off not signning him let him play overseas and try bringing him back next season...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

i know AI is not the same as he was..but i think the guy can still play..and comming off our bench...man i would love to see that...but i'm not sure it's going to happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Allen Iverson Is he the Answer? : if ray allen can play D on this team and still run around like crazy...i think AI can also...before he sat out the season he had a calf injury that he had surgery on..i think he is healthy right now and we should give him a shot...and if he pans out well....moore and bradley can't even hold AI's jockstrap....
    Posted by raider3524

Bradley and Moore can't even hold the FORMER AI's jockstrap.  But the current AI is a different player.  He was one of my all time favorites.  As a 6'0" player he took a team all the way to the finals against the Lakers and essentially one one game nearly by himself.  he's the toughest little guard I've seen.  incredible.

Unfortunately, he's gotten beat up and hurt and I'm afraid he is not healthy enough and not large enough.  Ray is in MUCH better shape (who at Ray's age is in his shape) and Ray is a much larger guard.  Ray is a jump shooter and at that age, that's about all players can do.  AI is not as good of a jump shooter.

We need to develop the young players so while they aren't ready for prime time, they'll neve get ready if we don't play them.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OklaBoston. Show OklaBoston's posts

In Response to Allen Iverson Is he the Answer?:
    If he is as contrite as people say and wants to finish his career on a positive note this could be a worth looking at on the cheap. He still can split the D and a better outside shot option over Rondo in crunch time.  Thoughts?
    Posted by genaro008

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OklaBoston. Show OklaBoston's posts

He's had too many chances with too many teams. I say don't gamble anything on him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by N2thaIzzo

I agree that signing AI may work.  The Celtics don't have a lot of money to sign players and if has the right attitude he could help this team.  I thought that I read that he would be very interested in playing for the Celtics. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

PLEASE SPARE ME/US...... DANNY, WE NEED YOUNG BASKETBALL PLAYERS, NOT RETRED "HEAD CASES"  !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

When he got traded to the Pistons the once eastern conference champs Pistons became a middle of the pack team. Then when he was asked by the Grizz to come off the bench he decided to come off the team instead. NO TO IVERSON!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Do you really believe that Iverson was the reason, the sole reason, that Detroit flopped? There was enough blame to not include him.  And, he was in Memphis for three games!  Look at his last two productive years (Den and Phi)and see his minutes.  He was playing too much and his game, quickness and explosiveness, was tapped out.  Play him 18-20 mins. and then evaluate his game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

End this thread, please do not give this possibility any power. Iverson is the worst of personnel changes.  

Sections
Shortcuts