Allen willing to be 6th man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Allen willing to be 6th man

This is great news. I really think if he and KG both came off the bench it would keep them fresh come playoff time. That's a lot of money off the bench but it's better than wearing them out by April.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Allen willing to be 6th man

Paul, Green and West plus two bigs would be a very good team to start the game with.  If they are on a roll lem em play big minutes, if they need help bring in Ray and KG.  Paul, Green, West, Rondo and a big, the big better be a real stud.  West at point with Paul and Green at the 1 and 2 plus a couple of good bigs  like Davis and JO or others we could come up with would be a good team to start with , and bring in Rondo, Ray, and Kg would the great to spark and to finish with.  Finish with West, Ray, KG, Green and Paul.  Lot of combinations.  Depends on us getting a couple of bigs or Keep Davis and get another good big.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I don't think they can get replacement starters for both

I'd like to see the Celtics take Marshon Brooks and have him maybe start or play big minutes off the bench.  His 7-1 wingspan will bother some people on the perimeter and he put up 26 points per game on 48% shooting last year in college

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

If we could pickup jr smith and have allen come off the bench, rondo would have a field day getting assists off of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Allen willing to be 6th man:
    Let it go it's over. Lets start the painful and slow rebuilding process.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Don't hang your head. Your celtics have a lot more cap space coming up than the Lakers do. You guys are in much better shape to rebuild. Also, you are not run by the incompetent Jim Buss. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

If we could pickup jr smith and have allen come off the bench, rondo would have a field day getting assists off of them.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34

You trust J.R. Smith to be consistent?  To play big minutes?  To let Rondo run the offense?

Not bashing, just curious... I remember him being streaky, but apparently he dominates the ball when he's on the floor, which takes it out of the hands of Rondo, who's far and above the best passer in the league

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

He played like an actual teammate when melo left the nuggets. He was affected by Melo having the ball in his hands on every play. When he did get it with melo on that squad, he shot it no matter what. In the time after the trade, he enjoyed himself playing within the context of a team. Keep in mind, Ray hated playing for george karl. Doc could be just the coach for what JR is and can do on the court.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcceltics. Show jcceltics's posts

ive wanted to pick up J.R the last couple of years, the vets could set him straight. Then we should trade are two picks for J.J Hickson. Followed by trading Rondo for Tyreke Evans, freeing up space to sign DeAndre Jordan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AvengingCelticFan. Show AvengingCelticFan's posts

In Response to Re: Allen willing to be 6th man : Don't hang your head. Your celtics have a lot more cap space coming up than the Lakers do. You guys are in much better shape to rebuild. Also, you are not run by the incompetent Jim Buss. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

Naw, I think our Danny Ainge as GM has done more damage than the Buss family. I think your Lakers are in a much better position than the Cs. I hate saying this but I don't think we'll be very competitive this year but the Lakers are still going to be there. We just have to accept it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Allen willing to be 6th man:
    This is great news. I really think if he and KG both came off the bench it would keep them fresh come playoff time. That's a lot of money off the bench but it's better than wearing them out by April.
    Posted by BiasLewis

That would be great but they don't have the money to sign starters to replace both of them.  The Celtics have very little cap space available until the big 3 retire.  With the new CBA, they may have even less money to sign players for next season. 

Sections
Shortcuts