ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK BENCHED +GOING HOME, WON'T PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK BENCHED +GOING HOME, WON'T PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON!

according to my sources and just plain common sense, okc's coaches increaingly are blaming perk for the poor play of the team. he's getting torched by whoever he's guarding from tyson chandler to brendon haywood to dirk. he's a total liability on both offense and defense. he has by far the worse +/- of any player in the entire series. within 2 years believe me, trading perk for jeff green and that #1 pick will be seen as a kevin mchale/robert parish robbery as pulled off by Red back in the day. even if okc somehow saves face by continuing to start him, i dont see him playing any more than big z did against us.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT

You are right. This exchange left us in better shape going into 2011-12.  But the disruption hurt us this year.  No doubt though that Perk was grossly overrated.  Perkins benefitted by have Rondo dishing him the ball when no one else was open. No longer happens for him.  Perk's offensive skills are from the stone age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Perk is a terrifc defender a great screen setter and brings overall toughness to your team. He also a bad matchup for the mavs.

It's not about how good a player is it's about the matchups and the thunder are doing a lot better with Nick Collison on Dirk and serge  on tyson chandler. You can bet if they were playing the magic perk would be the guy guarding dwight Howard. matchups are the key. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

So are people finally gonna shut up and stop making perk out to be like Bill Russell??

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

They are throwing Perkins under the bus,because they can't throw WestBrook under the bus. 

They knew what they were getting, when they traded for Perkins.

Doc threw the trade under the bus,because its easier then saying they are too old and didn''t have enough offense to beat the Heat.

Okc is throwing Perkins under the bus,instead of blaming Westbrook.
    Westbrook is on his way too becoming the 2nd coming of Starbury.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT:
    [QUOTE]Update: Sources tell me Perk played 17:07 out of 24 minutes in the 1st half. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]where's perky now? he only played 2 minutes in the second half and we are likely to see big foot than a perk sighting with 7 minutes left in the fourth. i said okc should win this game. they will lose in game 5 in dallas. so if perky is so great and productive so how come he played less than 2 minutes all of of the second half? tell me genius!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT:
    [QUOTE]Perk is a terrifc defender a great screen setter and brings overall toughness to your team. He also a bad matchup for the mavs. It's not about how good a player is it's about the matchups and the thunder are doing a lot better with Nick Collison on Dirk and serge  on tyson chandler. You can bet if they were playing the magic perk would be the guy guarding dwight Howard. matchups are the key. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]you just made my point. unless ur playing the lakers or magic, there is no matchup you can win or dominate by playing perk on a consistent basis. okc clearly went all in with him assuming they would be playing the lakers to get over their hump. interestingly , they really need jeff green right now. had we kept perk, we still would have lost to the heat. had we received a higher seed thanks to perk being around, we would have lost to the bulls anyways or even the hawks. he only would have helped with the magic.  heat and bulls would have exposed perk to the point where we do not get a #1 or a jeff green in a sign and trade. danny picked the best time to let him go. continuity sucked but we would not have won against the heat anyways. needed quis or a tony allen

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

My sources tell me they were an underachieving first round fodder team before the trade and now they are three games away from the finals, while the Celtics were the favorites to win it all and are now fishing.

By the way hopefully you guys still like this trade in 20+ years which is how long it usually takes for teams not called the Lakers to rebuild  and go through periods of being totally irrelevant before they're back in championship contending form.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]My sources tell me they were an underachieving first round fodder team before the trade and now they are two games away from the final, while the Celtics were the favorites to win it all and are now fishing. By the way hopefully you guys still like this trade in 20+ years which is how long it usually takes for teams not called the Lakers to rebuild  and go through periods of being totally irrelevant before they're back in championship contending form.
    Posted by DavidB1[/QUOTE]r u watching the game troll? i think they'll be joining us by the end of this week. i said perk would br BENCHED. no where to be found in overtime. he's played less than 2 minutes in the ENTIRE second half! a first rounder and a stud in jeff green for that? we'll be back NEXT YEAR!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT : r u watching the game troll? i think they'll be joining us by the end of this week. i said perk would br BENCHED. no where to be found in overtime. he's played less than 2 minutes in the ENTIRE second half! a first rounder and a stud in jeff green for that? we'll be back NEXT YEAR!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

hahaha a STUD in Jeff Green, enough said.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Its not about how perk plays there. its about his value to us.

I still can't decide if its a good deal or not. There are so many sides to this thing and the conclussion I came to is that for this year, we are not much worse or much better with or without the trade.

We are better in the future because of the trade.

Can someone answer this, what does Perk have to do with lebron hitting covered 3's?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT : Because some of the fans here believe if Perk was still our Center Lebron would have 2nd thoughts about going to the basket because Perk is there ready to hit Lebron hard! It was the right decision to trade Perk because no way Perk is worth almost 10m per year. If the Celts waited until the season was over then the Celts would have gotten nothing in return when Perk leaves via free-agency.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]PLUS we couldnt fleece okc for him. trust me , in time this deal will look so one-sided in our favor to become laughable. still a chance we could re-sign nenad as well and have him perform at a higher level with a pre-season. green can definitely play better and will. again, that first rounder that danny got will be turned into a mega-value, be it with a trade or an actual pick. perk is as good right now as he'll ever get. there is no upside. if u aint growing, ur falling behind. well, thats perky. as i said before, i expected okc to be all stubborn about perk's minutes tonight. 

but as i stated Fierceless he did not play a single minute in the fourth quarter or in overtime. i expect that to be more of the trend going forward. game 5 will be the actual reality of perk. he will play less thatn 19. as magic said, for them to win perk has to play LESS than 15 minutes. its common sense really. the more we see of perky, the worse his team gets! stay stubborn all you want, them boys are going to be joining us on the golf course. they overpaid in a trade and then way overpaid a very average backup center $10m. perhaps ainge could convince them to give us durant and another first for rondo. whatcha think? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT : Because some of the fans here believe if Perk was still our Center Lebron would have 2nd thoughts about going to the basket because Perk is there ready to hit Lebron hard! It was the right decision to trade Perk because no way Perk is worth almost 10m per year. If the Celts waited until the season was over then the Celts would have gotten nothing in return when Perk leaves via free-agency.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

And you thought doofus was a beast.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!

The only real thing we got from the Perkins trade is a lottery-protected first round pick in 2012. This pick could very well end up in the teens. Both Green and Krstic are free agents, and there is no guarantee that either will stay with the Celtics. Green will most likely have to be promised a starting position and a higher salary for him to sign.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!

In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5! : Wrong trollbreath! Green is a RFA and here for another year unless some courageous team is willing to make him a monster offer pre new CBA that Danny is unwilling to match ... Unlikely, don't ya agree?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]thanks for beating me to the troll punch. fact is green will cost us between 6-8m per year. no one is going to top that. okc actually offered him around 8m but he turned it down which is a big reason he's no longer there. he has made it clear that he really wants to be in boston.that essentially means a pay cut. in exchange we could offer him an increased role (at least 30 minutes per game) as both doc and ainge have promised.pierce is right now the tim wakefield-troy brown of the celts. i think he will do the right thing and come off the bench. he has 3 more years at around 15m/year. its time to transition more to to a hondo or mchale 6th man role. he will clearly be closing games at the 4 as green stays in at the 3 and kg moves to center on most nights. 

pp as the sixth man gives our team more firepower off the bench. green has already proven to be a 16 point a night scorer in the nba. and thats with russell freakin westbrook doing most of the passing. say what u want about rondo, he can pass the rock and find open guys. green could easily average 18 next year. i see him doing a 4 year extension at around 25-30M. he'll be 28 when he's a free agent. we should his upside by then. certainly is worth the risk. with krstic, we should offer him the vets minimum. if he refuses, dont let the door smack you upside the head jack. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

CC

You're credibility is questionable. Why did you edit the title of your thread? 

posted at 5/23/2011 7:04 PM EDT

posted at 5/23/2011 7:04 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a3255e746e6d51038b183bcab34d23b9&plckUserId=a3255e746e6d51038b183bcab34d23b9">
    First: 3/28/2011
    Last: 5/24/2011
    In Response to ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT:PERK MAY GET BENCHED AS EARLY AS TONIGHT:
    according to my sources, okc's coaches increaingly are blaming perk for the poor play of the team. he's getting torched by whoever he's guarding from tyson chandler to brendon haywood to dirk. he's a total liability on both offense and defense. he has by far the worse +/- of any player in the entire series. within 2 years believe me, trading perk for jeff green and that #1 pick will be seen as a kevin mchale/robert parish robbery as pulled off by Red back in the day. even if okc somehow saves face by continuing to start him, i dont see him playing any more than big z did against us.  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN
    Good post.  Just curious; who are your sources?
    (Formerly Jallen3531)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

CC

Before the start of Game 4 you said Kendrick Perkins may be benched as early as last night's game. The mere fact that Perk played more than half the game is an indication that he did not get benched. So you and your sources got it wrong and you're trying to cover it up by editing the thread title. Shame on you!