ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK BENCHED +GOING HOME, WON'T PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!

In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5! : Wrong trollbreath! Green is a RFA and here for another year unless some courageous team is willing to make him a monster offer pre new CBA that Danny is unwilling to match ... Unlikely, don't ya agree?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You're really at your best when you're attacking other Celtic fans on this board.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!

In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5!:
    [QUOTE]The only real thing we got from the Perkins trade is a lottery-protected first round pick in 2012. This pick could very well end up in the teens. Both Green and Krstic are free agents, and there is no guarantee that either will stay with the Celtics. Green will most likely have to be promised a starting position and a higher salary for him to sign.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

Green will most likely sign with the Celtics next year.  I would imagine that Green will be Danny's most important signing this season.  He didn't trade for him and then turn around and let him sign with another team.  If Danny doesn't resign Green, the trade would prove to be a big mistake.  The Celtics would be left with nothing for the Perk trade. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

they should have benched westbrook in the 4th. :o there i said it. celtics benched perk in the 4th quarter too. [shrugs]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

I didn't like the trade when I first heard it.  Then a buddy opened my eyes about it and said we "ripped off OKC"  I also read an article showing Perks #'s and I fet good for a week or so but when we kept losing or playing poorly, I shifted back . I was mad that they changed the team right at the end and put our hope in old Shaq!!   But after seeing Perk this series, I think it might have been a good idea and we probably still would have lost to Miami even with Perk!   I think I can see clearly now the rain is gone!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetYourSoxOn. Show GetYourSoxOn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK GOT BENCHED FOR ALL OF THE 4TH +OT, MAY NOT EVEN START GAME 5! : Green will most likely sign with the Celtics next year.  I would imagine that Green will be Danny's most important signing this season.  He didn't trade for him and then turn around and let him sign with another team.  If Danny doesn't resign Green, the trade would prove to be a big mistake.  The Celtics would be left with nothing for the Perk trade. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Susan,

I agree.  RFA's are after all . . . restricted.  Green may wait most of the summer for a high offer, like when Glen Davis was a RFA a couple years ago. In the end, Green will most likely be a Celtic for the next couple of years.  And yeah, Danny NEEDS to sign Green.

gyso

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

What's amazing is how much energy we Celtics fans spend hating our former players and concentrating on what they do.  Threads about Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, how Posey is not doing well, Bill Walker,  etc. (and Baby soon to join the bunch).  Gotta let it go folks and concentrate on the future.  Perk did a lot for us.  I wish him the best.  He did a lot for us.  Let's stop attacking him and pull for him to do well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Hate to say it, but I agree with the Communist Dupe !

Perk was a good guy and a servicable center, but he's no Bill Russell, Robert Parrish or Dave Cowens.....And Perk has been a non-factor against Dirk Nowitski and even Tyson Chandler , think OKC has buyers remorse already ? Well, at least they have Nate Robinson for another year at a reasonable $4M (Pffft !)

Great trade because something obviously had to be done to give the C's some offense.........and obviously, something still needs to get done

Ainge went right to the heart of the matter: the last 2 games, the Celtics couldn't score for 5-6 minute stretches late in the 4th qtr

Having Jeff Green as a restricted FA and having first shot at Kristic is a VASTLY superior hand than the one the Celtics had.

Still don't understand giving away Semih Erdan though....that guy looked like a keeper, good skills ,good energy , low salary.

Even if they don't keep Jeff Green, they can use him to bring in another young stud who may be better suited the the Celtics (Rodney Stuckey ?)

It kills me to agree with a Commie, but there you have it

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

[QUOTE]Aren't you suppose to be using that Tachometrix character for this attack ...
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Provoking Fierce at 3:26am? You are so weak!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

Everybody is Fierce, right Mployee8?

Re: KG Goes to the FT Line

posted at 5/8/2011 1:59 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=ba061b02c6a0fa4e524f7162211782c0&plckUserId=ba061b02c6a0fa4e524f7162211782c0">
    First: 11/13/2006
    Last: 5/23/2011
    In Response to Re: KG Goes to the FT Line:
    In Response to Re: KG Goes to the FT Line : Did I bet on that?  "Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Efficiency ...  Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck!"http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/ http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/Note: This will be based on regular season stats as determined by NBA.com Re: Big baby complains about role posted at 9/30/2010 12:51 AM EDTwww.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb" /> Mployee8 Posts: 1507 First: 7/8/2008 Last: 4/14/2011 In Response to  Re: Big baby complains about role : In Response to Re: Big baby complains about role : For a Celtic fan you sure sound like GreenKiller.  I'm glad that you said on record that Anthony Tolliver will be a better player than Glen Davis this season. That way we can look back and see if you're right or wrong.  By the way, has Josh Boone got an invite from other teams already?  Posted by P34 Aside from your mouth, what's your measuring stick .... some obscure measurement of energy, determination and facial expressions like BTU's or real stats? Adjusted for mpg it will be close but Toll has a much higher Efficiency ... Loser agrees to stop posting from the close of the season in 2011 till the 1st regular season game next October ... Good Luck! http://www.nba.com/playerfile/glen_davis/http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_tolliver/ Note: This will be based on regular season stats as determined by NBA.com
    Posted by Fiercest34

It def is a shame that employee8 is such a coward that he can't admit his wrongs and stay  off this site

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Wait...so when Perk was on the floor for 75% of the first half, when they were LEADING, how does it figure that when they were doing their biggest choking, he was on the bench? Because he wasn't on the floor...if he had been, maybe they would have continued to LEAD....HELLO? The real problem with that team is allowing Westbrook to act like...KOBE...LMAO!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

I dont put much weight into a players +/- or the fact OKC had the lead when Perk was on the floor... lol 

But I do agree that Westbrook has impersonating Kobe and making lots of 4th qtr blunders..  THing is, Westbrook has been doing this during the season as well... hes won OKC alot of games but now with the microscope on him... the media wants to shrink him into a lesser star than he believes he is.

Hey, if the coach is letting it happen, he must be ok with it.  Westbro0ok has gotten is done many times this season in the 4th so they are going with what got them there.  May not fit into the traditional "let the ball go through the superstar first"  plan... but I dont think there were many complaints during the season about it..

Hes trying to be the man for OKC but its not working out. On the other hand, Durrant is one heck of a streak shooter... seems he either hits everything or can miss 12 in a row.  Yet KD avoids alot of criticism I think cause he is such a likeable player

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Wait...so when Perk was on the floor for 75% of the first half, when they were LEADING, how does it figure that when they were doing their biggest choking, he was on the bench? Because he wasn't on the floor...if he had been, maybe they would have continued to LEAD....HELLO? The real problem with that team is allowing Westbrook to act like...KOBE...LMAO!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Westbrook having that me first, "Kobe" mentality.  He needs to change for this team to have any success.   I don't see them having any chance to win this series, but maybe next season he needs to change and get his teammates more involved or have someone else become the point guard of this team.  Westbrook is better suited to be a shooting guard. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK BENCHED +GOING HOME, WON'T PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON!

FOR all of your'll who thought perky was the one thing separating us and the world from a ring and that he is the next jordan and russell for any team looking to make the next step, well he wasnt! had he stayed we may have lost in the conference finals at best but so what? its about winning it all not getting to conference finals. then again bith the heat and bulls simply won the war of attrition in terms of injury and good luck. no biggie. it happens. no need to panic. 

for all of you playing revisionist history with danny, do you seriously think okc and presti the gm would even had inquired about perky had they known this is what they would be getting with little chance of improvement going forward, plus being stuck with a 9m/y deal for the next 5 years or so? perk couldnt get more than 3m right now on the free market based on how he played. celts' offer was an overpay in retrospect. okc may now be even worse next year as memphis and the retooled lakers and spurs or mavs may actually pass them by. the perk deal is going to weigh them down like a truck. 

look at our celts. ALL of their big deals and deadweight money come of the books after next year while still being ring competittive. talking over 40M! no way they are re-signing the big baby unless he wants a vet minimum to be the 3rd center or 11th guy off the bench. even then, best to just restart. tons of babys out there. plus we got a #1 draft pick coming in 2012, jeff green and first dibs on krstic. not even close who got the better end of this deal in the short run and for the future. had they not made the trade, no doubt okc gets to the same spot they did with perk and are even more competitive going forward. if we keep him, he deadweight and we dont sign him just like bb. whats the point? 

we would be in a WORSE postion right now had we kept perk and likely lost in the same round we did. yep we would have had more comtinuity and a better regular season record. we would have had likely had home court advantage over the heat. any doubt by watching them against the bulls that we would have lost anyways. yippee so it goes to 6 instead of 5, they are still the BETTER team at this point.. PERIOD!

I want to win next year but ultimately its about 2012. everything we are doing is to set that up. we need to put together a core that can go for the next 5years. we clearly will start getting that by then. jeff green, rondo, bradley and those 5 draft picks with paul in the mix with one or 2 high profile free agents could be competitive over the ring dominant by 2013-2014. not bad. like the red sox or pats, about rebuilding on the fly while still being high profile and competing at the highest levels. eventually, want both ray and pp coming up the bench if they are stil around. kg has little value if not starting.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK BENCHED +GOING HOME, WON'T PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON!

In Response to Re: ALREADY TIRED OF THE ACT: PERK BENCHED +GOING HOME, WON'T PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON!:
    [QUOTE]FOR all of your'll who thought perky was the one thing separating us and the world from a ring and that he is the next jordan and russell for any team looking to make the next step, well he wasnt! had he stayed we may have lost in the conference finals at best but so what? its about winning it all not getting to conference finals. then again bith the heat and bulls simply won the war of attrition in terms of injury and good luck. no biggie. it happens. no need to panic.  for all of you playing revisionist history with danny, do you seriously think okc and presti the gm would even had inquired about perky had they known this is what they would be getting with little chance of improvement going forward, plus being stuck with a 9m/y deal for the next 5 years or so? perk couldnt get more than 3m right now on the free market based on how he played. celts' offer was an overpay in retrospect. okc may now be even worse next year as memphis and the retooled lakers and spurs or mavs may actually pass them by. the perk deal is going to weigh them down like a truck.  look at our celts. ALL of their big deals and deadweight money come of the books after next year while still being ring competittive. talking over 40M! no way they are re-signing the big baby unless he wants a vet minimum to be the 3rd center or 11th guy off the bench. even then, best to just restart. tons of babys out there. plus we got a #1 draft pick coming in 2012, jeff green and first dibs on krstic. not even close who got the better end of this deal in the short run and for the future. had they not made the trade, no doubt okc gets to the same spot they did with perk and are even more competitive going forward. if we keep him, he deadweight and we dont sign him just like bb. whats the point?  we would be in a WORSE postion right now had we kept perk and likely lost in the same round we did. yep we would have had more comtinuity and a better regular season record. we would have had likely had home court advantage over the heat. any doubt by watching them against the bulls that we would have lost anyways. yippee so it goes to 6 instead of 5, they are still the BETTER team at this point.. PERIOD! I want to win next year but ultimately its about 2012. everything we are doing is to set that up. we need to put together a core that can go for the next 5years. we clearly will start getting that by then. jeff green, rondo, bradley and those 5 draft picks with paul in the mix with one or 2 high profile free agents could be competitive over the ring dominant by 2013-2014. not bad. like the red sox or pats, about rebuilding on the fly while still being high profile and competing at the highest levels. eventually, want both ray and pp coming up the bench if they are stil around. kg has little value if not starting.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Please remind me of the NBA situations where a team had a very strong nucleus and contended for several or more years and then (because of some bloggers fantasies) re-stocked and just kept right on winning?  I'd like to see that list, so that I can get my hopes ready for 2012's resurgence.