Always about Shaq

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Always about Shaq

What I would like to know is what PIERCE-GARNETT-RAY thinks of this signing.
    I search through out the internet hoping to read what Pierce-Garnett-Ray's opinion.
    Seems they are dumbfounded about this signing.
    The fans are the one who are talking so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Always about Shaq

Um, much to your displeasure they probably lobbied for it. At this stage in all of their careers they probably don't care too much about personal accolades, they want to get 2 more rings and they will have 2 and Shaq will have 5. That's all it is, too look any deeper would be wasting time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

They went and recruited Sheed didn't they?? Sheed's rep was much worse than Shaq's. Shaq just needs to be motivated and being around these guys will do it compared to those clowns in Cleveland and the softies in Phoenix.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I imagine that was the Boston Braves reaction when they signed an ancient Babe Ruth.  It's huge because of the historic imlipcation.  I think they have to be happy to have him though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Always about Shaq:
    What I would like to know is what PIERCE-GARNETT-RAY thinks of this signing. I search through out the internet hoping to read what Pierce-Garnett-Ray's opinion. Seems they are dumbfounded about this signing. The fans are the one who are talking so much.
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Okay so you think they don't like it? 

Read this :
    http://twitter.com/paulpierce34

I quote Pierce: 
    Getn Shaq was big for us headed to the gym I love it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

At this point in their careers I'm sure they're all gunning for the same goal and that's to win a ring.  I don't think the big 3 are against it at this point.  Rather, I think Jermaine O'Neal might be a little peeved since his starting spot is now in jeopardy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Always about Shaq:
    At this point in their careers I'm sure they're all gunning for the same goal and that's to win a ring.  I don't think the big 3 are against it at this point.  Rather, I think Jermaine O'Neal might be a little peeved since his starting spot is now in jeopardy.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

Is it just the principe of "starting" because I still expect  JO getting more minutes in the end?  I just don't get it ! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

In Response to Re: Always about Shaq : Is it just the principe of "starting" because I still expect  JO getting more minutes in the end?  I just don't get it ! 
    Posted by MichBelgium

I honestly have no idea.  I know Jermaine signed for the minimum intending to being the starting C in Perk's absence.  But I read an article on celticshub referencing that one of the reasons Shaq came to Boston was that Atlanta wasn't offering ANY chance of a starting role.  Shaq felt that he was going to come in and start for us.  But ultimately I hope it's a non-issue for the two bigs because this year isn't about who starts, it's about raising a banner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Always about Shaq : I honestly have no idea.  I know Jermaine signed for the minimum intending to being the starting C in Perk's absence.  But I read an article on celticshub referencing that one of the reasons Shaq came to Boston was that Atlanta wasn't offering ANY chance of a starting role.  Shaq felt that he was going to come in and start for us.  But ultimately I hope it's a non-issue for the two bigs because this year isn't about who starts, it's about raising a banner.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Always about Shaq : I honestly have no idea.  I know Jermaine signed for the minimum intending to being the starting C in Perk's absence.  But I read an article on celticshub referencing that one of the reasons Shaq came to Boston was that Atlanta wasn't offering ANY chance of a starting role.  Shaq felt that he was going to come in and start for us.  But ultimately I hope it's a non-issue for the two bigs because this year isn't about who starts, it's about raising a banner.
    Posted by Driscoll92587

This is a big reason why I think shaq is going to be a problem. he thinks he should be the starter.He Also thinks he should play big minutes. yet he doesn't run around steting picks the way perk does nor does he play pick and roll defense the way perk does.  Now we have three guys who all think they are good enough to be the starter and one of them is going to be eventualy regulated to the third stringer. That is a problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I personally think the reason the C's got Shaq is so the other starters wouldn't feel so old.
    Kidding aside, the C's winning tradition is based on the team and not the individual. Shaq's a vet who's at the twilight of a great career.  The glory he's playing for now is another ring. I'm sure he'll fit into whatever role Doc thinks is best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: Always about Shaq : This is a big reason why I think shaq is going to be a problem. he thinks he should be the starter.He Also thinks he should play big minutes. yet he doesn't run around steting picks the way perk does nor does he play pick and roll defense the way perk does.  Now we have three guys who all think they are good enough to be the starter and one of them is going to be eventualy regulated to the third stringer. That is a problem.
    Posted by jtkl

So, you have spoken to Shaq on this issue? That must be the case, since HE has given NO indication that he expects to start for the C's, nor was it an issue last year with the Cavs. 
    He MAY start at times, and Jermaine will start at other times, dependent upon what Doc determines will work best against a particular opponent - at least until Perk is back 100%, at which point Perk WILL start. Both O'neals know that already.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

JON will get more mins than Shaq, KG and BBD.  Provided he stays healthy.  He can play the 4 or 5.  He can play with KG, with BBD and with Shaq.  For this reason, Shaq should start.  Set the tone, mess people up and then have a seat.  JON is still better offensively than Perk, and at 6'11", he can create better than Davis.  Starting should not matter on this team.  Just ask Jermaine who we is going to be in at the end of games, Shaq and his 50% FT's , or Jermaine and his 71%?

"It's not who starts the game, it's who finishes.." - some guy called Auerbach said that!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Pierce-Ray-Garnett is the main ingredients of this team. Adding Jermaine Oneal is a supplementary to get back to playoff and perhaps championship. Adding Shaq
    will spoil the ingredient. Shaq is the salt in the cake.

....I'm still searching Pierce-Ray-Garnett's opinion. Somewhere along the line
    they might have said something. I wonder if Danny consulted his team before signing Shaq or maybe he didn't and just shove Shaq in the group. In your face!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Che many cake recipes have salt as an ingredient.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Che many cake recipes have salt as an ingredient.
    Posted by croc

Hahahaha! I thought of that after. You are right croc!!!
    But not too much though....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I'm sure that Danny and Doc discussed all of the above situations and that they were ok with Shaq answers and came to an understanding or they would not have signed him. Shaq might have fun feasting on the teams second unit. I think it will depend on who's starting for the other team which Oneal will start. Hopefully both Oneals have bought into the team concept and will focus on winning a championship and not on starting or statistics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Always about Shaq : Hahahaha! I thought of that after. You are right croc!!! But not too much though....
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Exactly Che. Shaq in the right proportion is good.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Repeat after me, including you Shaq if required:

"Who starts is not important"

Now repeat until the seaon starts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

wait until you see Rondo start dropping the ball into shaq, he's a passing PG who always seems to know the right pass, with Rondo at PG the defense can't front Shaq cause he's great at dropping the ball over the top, they may have some work to do to get Shaq to play strong defense, but he's a game changer - and to put him out there for 15-20 minutes a game really is a big deal if he's up to it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

IF sHAQ SIGNING was so important, how come I haven't heard anything from
    RONDO-GARNETT-RAY & PIERCE --- something SPOOKY here?

I read Parish liking the signing but he is not playing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Not only the Heat, but the Lakers will regret not signing Shaq.  I think that the class thing for the Lakers to have done was to take him back for a year or two & let him retire where he won 3 championships & was MVP in all of them.Oops-I said class thing so probably too much for LA to have done !!! We know he and Kobe were not close but they bit their tongues & cooperated sufficiently to play well enough to win 3 rings. There were some comments that he might not fit in with our guys. IF HE GOT ALONG WITH KOBE , he can get along with anybody & everybody. And, you know, with all their big guys Shaq wouldn't have needed play more that 20 min. I think the fans would have liked it too. Also, I don't believe Shaq's # has been retired among all the Laker greats & this would have given him a definite opportunity to have had it done. Kobe did comment he had one more ring than Shaq. Even Kobe is smart enough to calculate that if they got another ring(s) together, he'd still be ahead of Shaq by one. Maybe he'd be worried Shaq would get another MVP as if Kobe had just 1 of the 3 that Shaq got, he'd be tied for MVPs with Michael Jordan. And, again, Kobe should be but I don't know for sure fairly confident that Shaq would not get another MVP at his age. But, I reiterate, that would have been the class thing to do...a bit too much to ask of LA !!!

Regarding Shaq being too old & not in shape. We've got 3 other old-well, considered old by NBA standards-who brought us with a few minutes of being world champs. He's lost weight and got in pretty good shape I've read. And, he's motivated & indicated he wanted to come with us. Motivation is a key element to winning in sports. I use the analogy of a management course when asked if mgmt. wanted someone who was willing or able. They said that willing was more important because the ableness can be conditioned-the ableness to play as a team.  But if someone ain't willing, it doesn't matter how competent (able) they are. Here's another key I feel. Shaq has played on 2 teams with 2 "Prima Donnas", Kobe & LeBron. He was the next best player & expected to perform accordingly-actually with LA winning MVP in 3 championships it was debatable he was the 2nd best player & maybe only Kobe felt so. He is coming to a team that had 3 All Stars who were the best on their previous teams who left their egos, desire to be leading scorers & consented to play together as a team and won in 2008. Why they didn't in 2010  is discussed in detail in the "Tainted Title" post and I have offered my opinion in many posts why we were denied this. So, Shaq, for the 1st time is coming to a unit that wants to win as a team & he needn't be a star but just contribute as the others to synergy(sum of the parts equal more than the whole).

I believe he'll fit in nicely to contribute to a winning team effort and because LA will probably win the West & probably have best record as they won't have the competition we will have, we might have to beat them in a deciding game in Tinsel Town & won't it be nice for Shaq to get his tying ring with Kobe in LA and, hopefully, his passing Kobe & retiring ring the following year. 

Onward & upwards to the Over-The   Hill-GREEN Gang !!!      I can't wait !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

Pierce-Ray-Garnett is the main ingredients of this team. Adding Jermaine Oneal is a supplementary to get back to playoff and perhaps championship. Adding Shaq will spoil the ingredient. Shaq is the salt in the cake. ....I'm still searching Pierce-Ray-Garnett's opinion. Somewhere along the line they might have said something. I wonder if Danny consulted his team before signing Shaq or maybe he didn't and just shove Shaq in the group. In your face!
    Posted by CHEisCHE

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stank. Show stank's posts

Looks like Ray Ray likes it too:

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

Hope that he stays healthy.  If he gets hurt on company time, he's gonna heal on company time.

Sections
Shortcuts