amnesty rule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

amnesty rule

as i understand it, only players that were signed before the 11-12 season can be amnestied, correct? if so, who does that apply to other than PP, KG, rondo? i guess that means we could not amnesty terry, unfortunately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: amnesty rule

Or Bass!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Why would you even want to Amnesty Bass? He proved his worth guarding Melo in the playoffs. Bass is a really decent player signed at 6.5M for the next three years. Lots of teams could use Bass as a defender and a stretch 4. He can knock down that jumpshot, he is one of the best free throw shooters. Just don't let him dribble, or put him in a position where he needs to make difficult decisions. Bass is 100% the definition of a role player.

The one knock on Bass is that he is simply not one of those super aggressive PF rebounders. He is no Evans or Sullinger, but he could fit well in a system that 

a. Isn't concerned with grabbing every board

b. employs a philisophy of 'team rebounding'

c. Features a dominant Center who can rebound effectively.

For those three reasons, I think Bass has value on our team and would be extremely valuable in other select systems. I think he'd do well in San Antonio, next to Howard type

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

yeah, i would boot the jet, or possibly even lee, before i'd boot bass. bass has value on this team and even has trade value. not so much for terry or lee.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I completely agree about Lee, but Terry is a lot better than what he showed this season. I really think he needed time to get fully adjusted. Also, Doc didn't highlight his talents, which is to knock down that three in transition, and do it in bunches. I like Bradley & Terry combo because Bradley can appy pressure, make the steal, and should be looking for Terry in transition (instead of getting blocked at the rim). For 5M, he's worth keeping around for one more year, or at least until Feb... at the very least he can make a turnaround and prove to be a good piece for a contender, then we can trade him and get something of value in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Why would you even want to Amnesty Bass? He proved his worth guarding Melo in the playoffs. Bass is a really decent player signed at 6.5M for the next three years. Lots of teams could use Bass as a defender and a stretch 4. He can knock down that jumpshot, he is one of the best free throw shooters. Just don't let him dribble, or put him in a position where he needs to make difficult decisions. Bass is 100% the definition of a role player.

The one knock on Bass is that he is simply not one of those super aggressive PF rebounders. He is no Evans or Sullinger, but he could fit well in a system that 

a. Isn't concerned with grabbing every board

b. employs a philisophy of 'team rebounding'

c. Features a dominant Center who can rebound effectively.

For those three reasons, I think Bass has value on our team and would be extremely valuable in other select systems. I think he'd do well in San Antonio, next to Howard type

He's undersized

He doesn't rebound'

We didn't win the series

His contract is a nightmare

We have Sullinger

If other teams could use him, let them have him

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The only players the Celtics can amnesty are Rondo, Pierce, and Bradley.

KG, Terry, Lee, and Bass can't be amnestied.

I know that, but someone said it's too bad we can't amnesty Terry................I'd rather amnesty Bass....even though we can't

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I know that, but someone said it's too bad we can't amnesty Terry................I'd rather amnesty Bass....even though we can't

Actually Bass' contract doesn't hurt that much anymore. He only has 2 years left.

If KG and Pierce are gone, having Bass for one more season can't hurt.

Well, it's irrelevant since we can't amnesty him anyway..............but I would rather lose him than Terry is all I'm saying.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Well, it's irrelevant since we can't amnesty him anyway..............but I would rather lose him than Terry is all I'm saying.

If KG and Pierce are gone, having Terry in the locker room is a good thing.

The ideal would be Ainge trading both Bass and Lee or Bradley.

Can't have both Bradley and Lee - redundant.

Agree with you about Bradley and Lee.  Not sure why they signed Lee when they already had Bradley. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You can only amnesty players you signed before the new deal began, basically just Pierce since we're not going to amnesty Rondo or Bradley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

If KG and Pierce are gone, having Terry in the locker room is a good thing.

The ideal would be Ainge trading both Bass and Lee or Bradley.

Can't have both Bradley and Lee - redundant.

Agree with you about Bradley and Lee.  Not sure why they signed Lee when they already had Bradley. 

Because Bradley was set to miss the first half of the season ... we needed someone to start at the 2 and Doc/Danny didn't want JET to play out of his role...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Actually Bass' contract doesn't hurt that much anymore. He only has 2 years left.

Why do you insist on hating on Bass? His contract is absolutely reasonsable. He's a starter in his prime making 6.5 a year ... Would you rather have Humphries?

If you think a PF should ONLY be a physical force, to pound the boards and set sceens and post, then yeah Bass sucks.

If you're playing in reality where Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James are logging time at the PF spot, then Bass is handy. When you have guards that rebound, then the liability on the boards isn't so bad. AND, when one of your exciting young guys at the PF spot is on a rookie contract, then paying bass 6.5M really isn't that bad at all.

I'm more concerned with paying Lee 5M to guard the bench in the playoffs... we need to consolidate at the SG spot, Lee's odd man out.

NOW, if you can swing a better deal by bundling Bass & Lee ... then fine, Bass is expendable. But he certainly isn't hurting this team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Why do you insist on hating on Bass? His contract is absolutely reasonsable. He's a starter in his prime making 6.5 a year ... Would you rather have Humphries?

If you think a PF should ONLY be a physical force, to pound the boards and set sceens and post, then yeah Bass sucks.

If you're playing in reality where Carmelo Anthony, Lebron James are logging time at the PF spot, then Bass is handy. When you have guards that rebound, then the liability on the boards isn't so bad. AND, when one of your exciting young guys at the PF spot is on a rookie contract, then paying bass 6.5M really isn't that bad at all.

I'm more concerned with paying Lee 5M to guard the bench in the playoffs... we need to consolidate at the SG spot, Lee's odd man out.

NOW, if you can swing a better deal by bundling Bass & Lee ... then fine, Bass is expendable. But he certainly isn't hurting this team.

Since when is saying I want an upgrade over Bass "hating".  I like Bass MUCH better than Big Baby Davis, but I still feel we can do better.  Esp if we have Sully developing.  NOW, if we can get a stud rebounder at C, and a backup then I'm okay with Bass OFF THE BENCH!

Or, I'm okay with trading him if we can get an upgrade, like Varajeo.........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I like Lee better than terry myself.

Lee has size and has shown a willingness t play defense.

Lee is a better ouside shooter than Bradley and as good as terry. IMO.

Terry 's numbers show an aging player with diminishing skills....and a $10M contract.

if KG ans Piierce are gone I see Terry going somewhere also, even for a bag of chips (and an expring contract of course).

18. This post has been removed.