Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dk33. Show dk33's posts

Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7604660/the-danny-ainge-anniversary-party

Thoughts on the suggested trades in the article?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons

In Response to Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons:
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7604660/the-danny-ainge-anniversary-party Thoughts on the suggested trades in the article?

Posted by dk33

Thanks for the article.. I used to like Simmons, well sometimes!!  but not much lately..He is a sellout...he is a bandwagoneer to the max...he is a clipper fan more than a celtic fan because the clippers have finally a decent team and he thinks he knows basketball in and out..sad thing is the guy never held a basketball in his life! I didnt like the sarcasm of the article...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

The truth hurts....DA won a championship 4 years ago and that's it. Having the chance to draft DeAndre Jordan but chose JR Giddens bout sums it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The truth hurts....DA won a championship 4 years ago and that's it. Having the chance to draft DeAndre Jordan but chose JR Giddens bout sums it up.

It's an unfair criticism. JR Giddens was the 30th pick in the draft. DeAndre Jordan didn't get selected until 35th. Every team in the league passed over him at least once. If Jordan was such a hot prospect, why was he even available at No. 30, and why did four teams after Ainge draft someone else? Maybe Jordan was a late bloomer and/or injury risk and/or mercurial personality who caught the league by surprise. It happens sometimes. Rajon Rondo and Glen Davis are similar examples from recent Celtics history. It's the same kind of faulty logic employed by bitter journalists who bemoan their favorite NFL team drafting Player X instead of Tom Brady. Every team in the NFL, Patriots included, passed on Brady at least five times! Everybody missed. It's only incompetence when a team makes an obviously poor decision in the moment that it is made. GMs don't have time machines where they can look into the future. If they did, every GM in the league would do things differently.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons:
    The truth hurts....DA won a championship 4 years ago and that's it. Having the chance to draft DeAndre Jordan but chose JR Giddens bout sums it up. It's an unfair criticism. JR Giddens was the 30th pick in the draft. DeAndre Jordan didn't get selected until 35th. Every team in the league passed over him at least once. If Jordan was such a hot prospect, why was he even available at No. 30, and why did four teams after Ainge draft someone else? Maybe Jordan was a late bloomer and/or injury risk and/or mercurial personality who caught the league by surprise. It happens sometimes. Rajon Rondo and Glen Davis are similar examples from recent Celtics history . It's the same kind of faulty logic employed by bitter journalists who bemoan their favorite NFL team drafting Player X instead of Tom Brady. Every team in the NFL, Patriots included, passed on Brady at least five times! Everybody missed. It's only incompetence when a team makes an obviously poor decision in the moment that it is made. GMs don't have time machines where they can look into the future . If they did, every GM in the league would do things differently.
    Posted by davidap

the fact that people on this board 1. act like they would have chosen D.Jordan and 2. blame D.Ainge for NOT picking him abt sums up what this board is. Jordan is a late bloomer that came to the surface LAST SEASON. noone knew he would reach this kinda potential, noone knew who he was untill abt 2 yrs ago MAYBE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Gents, Danny has to be held accountable for the current debacle.  We blame the players.  We blame Doc.  We blame refs.   Why is Danny not questioned?   Danny made a bunch of bad decisions after a couple of good ones.  Yes, the good ones brought us the Big 3 and a championship.  I love it.  I'm not advocating firing Danny, but truth be told, he's screwed up big time over the past 3 years.  His picks and his free agent pickups and his Perkins trade have left this team in a big hole near term.  Maybe long term it will work out, but I think he personally took away ANY chance of winning Number 18 last year and this year.

On Jordan, who knew he was going to grow into that potential?  No one.  BUT, if you're going to take a chance on someone and you're the Celtics with a lack of big men, why did he choose to take that chance on another "tweener" in Giddens and not on a big man (Jordan).  None of us knew which would be better, but we certainly ALL knew the C's needed big men so there's not excuse for Danny continuing to try players and play them out of position (Lester, Giddens, Bradley) vs just trying a Center and hope he works out.  Other teams may not have needed to take that risk but WE DID!!!

Danny is to blame for his player selections over the past few years.  Too many bad choices and only a couple of good ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Posted by walk2run

so we are worked up because danny didn't draft a guy who has averaged 5.9 points per game in his career? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : so we are worked up because danny didn't draft a guy who has averaged 5.9 points per game in his career? 
    Posted by sporter81

No, because Danny didn't get someone to help with inside rebounding and interior defense.  Perk never scored points.  Rebounds, picks, and defense.....that's what the C's need out of a Center.   5.9 points is a bonus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : the fact that people on this board 1. act like they would have chosen D.Jordan and 2. blame D.Ainge for NOT picking him abt sums up what this board is. Jordan is a late bloomer that came to the surface LAST SEASON. noone knew he would reach this kinda potential, noone knew who he was untill abt 2 yrs ago MAYBE.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Actually, I wanted DA to pick him up. My cousin went to Texas A&M and tipped me off about Jordan. He was expected to go in the top ten, but no one picked him because he was raw ( just like Avery Bradley), but he has one thing that most players do not have, size. I was pissed when Ainge passed on him, especially at pick 30.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Gents, Danny has to be held accountable for the current debacle.  We blame the players.  We blame Doc.  We blame refs.   Why is Danny not questioned?   Danny made a bunch of bad decisions after a couple of good ones.  Yes, the good ones brought us the Big 3 and a championship.  I love it.  I'm not advocating firing Danny, but truth be told, he's screwed up big time over the past 3 years.  His picks and his free agent pickups and his Perkins trade have left this team in a big hole near term.  Maybe long term it will work out, but I think he personally took away ANY chance of winning Number 18 last year and this year. On Jordan, who knew he was going to grow into that potential?  No one.  BUT, if you're going to take a chance on someone and you're the Celtics with a lack of big men, why did he choose to take that chance on another "tweener" in Giddens and not on a big man (Jordan).  None of us knew which would be better, but we certainly ALL knew the C's needed big men so there's not excuse for Danny continuing to try players and play them out of position (Lester, Giddens, Bradley) vs just trying a Center and hope he works out.  Other teams may not have needed to take that risk but WE DID!!! Danny is to blame for his player selections over the past few years.  Too many bad choices and only a couple of good ones.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : so we are worked up because danny didn't draft a guy who has averaged 5.9 points per game in his career? 
    Posted by sporter81

Its not about the points, its about the fact that he is physical, athletic, and can score in the paint. Would have been a perfect complement to the Big three. Im sure he would have greatly helped us in game 7 with rebounds and scoring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Hindsight is 20/20.  Danny has played a good game.  He has had hits and misses.  DeAndre Jordan, letting posey go, letting Perk go were some of the misses.  Getting Sheed was a hit.  Drafting Bradley seems to have gone from a miss to a hit in this board's perception.  JJJ will probably turn out to be a better pick than Brooks in a couple of years.

He has not gotten his fair share of breaks.  Perk's injury, Green's heart condition are two such.

It was clear at the beginning of the season that the Celts will not contend this year.  Somehow, fans are having a hard time accepting that even though they themselves professed the same thought.

Well, we are in the middle of the game.  Danny will keep playing.  I am hoping that he will sonn connect for another home run.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Danny Ainge's first ever free-agent signing, BRIAN SCALABRINE! Ugh! Rudy Gay was available and this is what Ainge did: b 1   2   Portland  acquired the draft rights to 6th pick  Brandon Roy  from  Minnesota  in exchange for the draft rights to 7th pick  Randy Foye . Previously, Portland acquired the draft rights to 7th pick  Randy Foye ,  Raef LaFrentz  and  Dan Dickau  from  Boston  in exchange for Sebastian Telfair ,  Theo Ratliff  and a 2008 second-round draft pick. [4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_NBA_Draft#endnote_Note22 7th pick for Telfair, Ratliff, and 2008 2nd round pick? Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

So you finally see the light...
    Thaaaaaaank Youuuuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaaaaaannyyyyyyyyy!!!! Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : So you finally see the light... Thaaaaaaank Youuuuuuuuuuuu Daaaaaaaaaaannyyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

GK would you please tell me what "lessons Learned" means. What do you learn?  Did you know Jeb?  It seems wierd you putting that pic up there. Of course if its private, thats your business.  Just wondering.  Peace

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : GK would you please tell me what "lessons Learned" means. What do you learn?  Did you know Jeb?  It seems wierd you putting that pic up there. Of course if its private, thats your business.  Just wondering.  Peace
    Posted by OneOnOne

Before when I used to post here I was a pest. I used to create like 10 different topics, used to get on the Celtics game on thread, used to post many pictures insulting Celtics fans and many more things I used to do. Now I only give Fierce his own medicine and try to keep him honest. A few weeks back he was saying how Danny was the greatest GM in the history of sports, today you can see what he wrote about Danny. He makes up pipe dreams he only believes. He says if the Celtics get a big they will be "Elite" and compares the Celtics to the world Champions Mavericks if the Celtics get that big they need. But the Celtics don't have a spark like JJ Barrea and the Jet coming off the bench. Celtics don't also have a player half as good as Dirk in the level Dirk was playing last season. He's just clueless but has a few fans that dance to his music. Which I think some of them are him self with another name. He thinks he is right in everything he says and that no other Celtics fans have a good opinion. His opinions and pipe dreams are the only things that matter to him and his 3 or 4 fans. This is as far as I go but only with him. IO had great conversations with Duke and a few Celtics posters. I don't think he minds.

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : the fact that people on this board 1. act like they would have chosen D.Jordan and 2. blame D.Ainge for NOT picking him abt sums up what this board is. Jordan is a late bloomer that came to the surface LAST SEASON. noone knew he would reach this kinda potential, noone knew who he was untill abt 2 yrs ago MAYBE.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I hated the giddens pick... it stank of letting Posey walk or not signing guys like Barnes and Pietrus to replace James if he did

I know at the time I wanted Mario Chalmers 1st over Giddens and Jordan second

Simmons doesn't even mention the terrible move of passing on Chris Andersen for Patrick O'Bryant... If we couldn't have paid Posey then guys like Anderson/Barnes (splitting the MLE for 1-2 years) would have been perfct in our tough-guy defense first team.

I'd have been happy with Chalmers as Rondo's backup and not taking Jordan, or you take Jordan and let him develop in the D-league for the same 1-2 years we sign Andersen for

A LOT of people on this board were stunned we didn't take Jordan that June... NOT just 3 years later

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : I never said Ainge is the greatest GM in sports history. STOP LYING! Show us the post where it had me saying Ainge is the greatest. I dare you!
    Posted by Fiercest34

If I were like you I would have no space in my computers hard drive by saving what everybody writes on my hard drive like you do. I like to post but come on, that is way over. You did say Danny was the greatest GM in the history of sports. Admit it. Now you flip flop yet again. You have to have it in your hard drive when you said Danny was the best in the history. I dare you to post it. Come on take a look in that hard drive, you will find it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : Before when I used to post here I was a pest. I used to create like 10 different topics, used to get on the Celtics game on thread, used to post many pictures insulting Celtics fans and many more things I used to do. Now I only give Fierce his own medicine and try to keep him honest. A few weeks back he was saying how Danny was the greatest GM in the history of sports, today you can see what he wrote about Danny. He makes up pipe dreams he only believes. He says if the Celtics get a big they will be "Elite" and compares the Celtics to the world Champions Mavericks if the Celtics get that big they need. But the Celtics don't have a spark like JJ Barrea and the Jet coming off the bench. Celtics don't also have a player half as good as Dirk in the level Dirk was playing last season. He's just clueless but has a few fans that dance to his music. Which I think some of them are him self with another name. He thinks he is right in everything he says and that no other Celtics fans have a good opinion. His opinions and pipe dreams are the only things that matter to him and his 3 or 4 fans. This is as far as I go but only with him. IO had great conversations with Duke and a few Celtics posters. I don't think he minds.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

But you still are here to be a pest.  A less obvious one but a pest.  You can root for the Lakers and enjoy the Celtics collapse but in the end your not just a pest but sick person who wants to frequent the team you hate's BB and act like you are Tokyo Rose.  Why don't you just find a BB with Lakers fans you can focus on and then you want be a pest shorty. You'll be happier and we will be to.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

See this one on top (concord) is one of his fans or maybe it's Fierce him self. Don't let him fool you he has like 5 different names and the one on top (concord) is one of them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

You did say it, but again I do not fill my hard drive with trash like you do.

Sections
Shortcuts