Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons

In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons:
    [QUOTE]LOL!!!
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

Don't think you ever answered by questions GK.  What lessons did you learn?  I am really curious, not belittling you.  Were you friends?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Ainge appears to make trades less on good basketball and team needs and more on future "what ifs". What if we lose Perkins, what if we trade Rondo (or any other player)? This is because I believe he was traded by the Celtics and his pride was injured. The recent story about his disbelief that Auerbach wouldn't trade Bird or McHale is evidence that his philosophy was radically altered by being traded away from Boston - and he was traded away! Red didn't move him to get another important piece of a championship puzzle (Joe Kleine wasn't a savior, after all). No, the trade was made to get rid of Ainge, one of the most obvious two-way players in NBA history - not offense and defense - he could shoot well enough to keep the Celtics in the game and make enough mistakes to keep their opponents in the game at the same time; plus, other players were supposed to have his back when he annoyed opposing players and skirmishes ensued, but they didn't always because he annoyed the Celtics too.  Again, Ainge's forced exodus from Boston has influenced his trading philosophy - if he could get traded anyone can get traded, even a valued lifer - Paul Pierce. I have always said and still do think that Danny Ainge has hurt this franchise more than any other NBA player/executive despite the 2008 championship.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]The truth hurts....DA won a championship 4 years ago and that's it. Having the chance to draft DeAndre Jordan but chose JR Giddens bout sums it up. It's an unfair criticism. JR Giddens was the 30th pick in the draft. DeAndre Jordan didn't get selected until 35th. Every team in the league passed over him at least once. If Jordan was such a hot prospect, why was he even available at No. 30, and why did four teams after Ainge draft someone else? Maybe Jordan was a late bloomer and/or injury risk and/or mercurial personality who caught the league by surprise. It happens sometimes. Rajon Rondo and Glen Davis are similar examples from recent Celtics history . It's the same kind of faulty logic employed by bitter journalists who bemoan their favorite NFL team drafting Player X instead of Tom Brady. Every team in the NFL, Patriots included, passed on Brady at least five times! Everybody missed. It's only incompetence when a team makes an obviously poor decision in the moment that it is made. GMs don't have time machines where they can look into the future . If they did, every GM in the league would do things differently.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if these people(citics) have the same 20/20 hindsight in their own personal lives,jobs, or just online.???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Hindsight is 20/20.  Danny has played a good game.  He has had hits and misses.  DeAndre Jordan, letting posey go, letting Perk go were some of the misses.  Getting Sheed was a hit.  Drafting Bradley seems to have gone from a miss to a hit in this board's perception.  JJJ will probably turn out to be a better pick than Brooks in a couple of years. He has not gotten his fair share of breaks.  Perk's injury, Green's heart condition are two such. It was clear at the beginning of the season that the Celts will not contend this year.  Somehow, fans are having a hard time accepting that even though they themselves professed the same thought. Well, we are in the middle of the game.  Danny will keep playing.  I am hoping that he will sonn connect for another home run.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]  Bingo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amusing/Depressing Article re: Ainge from Bill Simmons : I wonder if these people(citics) have the same 20/20 hindsight in their own personal lives,jobs, or just online.???
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for the others.... but I have.

Me and JC.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

One may not like Simmons but he DOES in fact know NBA basketball in and out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Ainge is one of 3 GM's to win a Chip in the last 4 years.  Simmons is a drama queen with a closet LA mindset.

Sections
Shortcuts