An Eastern Conference scout on the Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: An Eastern Conference scout on the Celtics

In response to Kirk6's comment:

"For them to win games, [Jared] Sullinger pretty much has to have a double-double. And we're talking about a 6-[foot-]7 center. The other big issue is that they've got no one making any 3s. The Jet [Jason Terry] hasn't been on the runway very often. And Avery Bradley, for all his defensive prowess, isn't shooting the ball well, either.

"Paul Pierce is still great in big games, but I think he's getting to that age -- like a lot of guys do -- where he paces himself. He gets up for the challenges of the Chicagos or the Miamis, but in some of these other games, he's not quite The Truth.

"[Rajon] Rondo can change the game when he's engaged, but ... let's just say he's always very aware of his stats. And it's very evident from where I sit that he's playing for steals and assists sometimes instead of making the winning play or the easier play or defending his guy like he should.

"Other people tried to talk me out of it, but I said [before the season] that they'd finish third in [the Atlantic] Division. They're depending too much on their young guys and their bench playing great. They don't have a knock-down shooter and, after six years, they still don't have a reliable backup for Rondo. But I think their 'mess' is what's gonna happen when Pierce is gone and Kevin Garnett is gone. Because there's nobody in the wings."

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4701620/weekend-dime-scouts-take-on-cs-2

I hope he/she is not a scout for the Wizards! LOL! With that stated, I agree with a majority of his/her points. I don't agree with the C's being a "mess" when PP and KG move on! We are not the Lakers!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Spot on..that's why I've been saying we needed some "shooters" on this team..We have plenty of slashers, but not shooters...then we can take a big as well..supersized..

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

We have no center and 2 old pros trying to do everything.  This team is just bad.  How can mangaement go into a season with no center and just a 3rd string back up.  Its doen't make any sense at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I like the part about Rondo looking for assists instead of making a winning play.

So true.

I am so sick of failed alley oops being intercepted and turned into dunks at the other end.

Yup, Rondo is a sensitive kid who we all know reads the press clippings, so I hope he sees this blurb on ESPN.com and starts to man-up and drive the lane more!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I don't care how what percentage he's shooting from the free throw line, how many calls he doesn't get, or how beat up he looks. If Tiny Archibald at age 34 can drive against the likes Wes Unseld, then Rondo can do it more often in a less physical NBA at age 26.

Man up son!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to Mchampion's comment:

We have no center and 2 old pros trying to do everything.  This team is just bad.  How can mangaement go into a season with no center and just a 3rd string back up.  Its doen't make any sense at all.

I warned of lacking a true center before the start of the season. Ainge spent the money on mediocre, washed out and leftover players.  I remember a few here said...a center is no longer needed in the NBA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Bingo! This scout is spot on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I like the part about Rondo looking for assists instead of making a winning play.

So true.

I am so sick of failed alley oops being intercepted and turned into dunks at the other end.

Kirk,

Much of what that report stated goes against your comments that Celtics are big enough and have all the attributes here to succeed.   You have said continually that just changing the line up would makes us a winner without changes.  By posting this article are you saying you agree the future is not bright.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Ouch!!

Truth hurts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

who cares what this "scout" from another team says.  No one gave them a chance last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

who cares what this "scout" from another team says.  No one gave them a chance last year.

If youre banking on another miracle playoff run...

Well, its possible cause most playoff teams in the east are beatable but not the way you want to position your team... hoping for another miracle run