An injury that works in our favor for a change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

An injury that works in our favor for a change

- Al Horford out for 1st round - Zaza out for first few games. With the terrible string of injuries to us over the past few years, I'll take the news...not that we wouldn't beat them anyway.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: An injury that works on our favor for a change

Any news on Ray and Pietrus?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I'm pessimistic on Ray. It doesn't look good, apparently there is very little progress with his ankle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Unfortunately, the Celtics communicate injuries as well as Artest advocates "Peace".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: An injury that works on our favor for a change:
    [QUOTE]I'm pessimistic on Ray. It doesn't look good, apparently there is very little progress with his ankle.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Ray has bone spurs (knew it had to be something - sprained ankles just don't keep swelling up weeks later).  He's going to need surgery at some point, I bet.   Question is whether he'll be able to play some games with a shot and not do longer term damage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Unfortunately, the Celtics communicate injuries as well as Artest advocates "Peace".
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Great analogy - very good!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Horford expects to play 15-20 minutes a game and if so, that will make this a pretty tough  first round for the Celts because then it's Avery Bradley guarding the much bigger Joe Johnson. 

Still expect the Celts to win it but I expect Horford to play so not sure your point is totally on the mark

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Horford expects to play 15-20 minutes a game and if so, that will make this a pretty tough  first round for the Celts because then it's Avery Bradley guarding the much bigger Joe Johnson.  Still expect the Celts to win it but I expect Horford to play so not sure your point is totally on the mark
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You may be thinking of someone else:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/atlanta_hawks

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: An injury that works on our favor for a change": [QUOTE]Horford expects to play 15-20 minutes a game and if so, that will make this a pretty tough  first round for the Celts because then it's Avery Bradley guarding the much bigger Joe Johnson.  Still expect the Celts to win it but I expect Horford to play so not sure your point is totally on the mark Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE] Horford said hat he's not good to go, then his Doc cleared him but play about 15 minutes per game. He then came out today and reiterated that he's a no go. I guess we'll just have to wait til we if he suits up or not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: An injury that works in our favor for a change

Russ I was thinking of Al Horford when I chime in on something I am usually paying attention and thought I was up to speed as of last night. 

However i'll buy this report: 

since the blogger talked to Horford today. I'll take Horford's word for it. 

by the way I love the whole "horford out for first round..." stuff...if Horford doesn't play the first round then there won't be another for the Hawks. :) 

In which case OC-celts fan I stand corrected, looks like Horford is out and if so, I agree that's a major break for the Celts and hopefully we seize it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: An injury that works on our favor for a change : Ray has bone spurs (knew it had to be something - sprained ankles just don't keep swelling up weeks later).  He's going to need surgery at some point, I bet.   Question is whether he'll be able to play some games with a shot and not do longer term damage.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

If Ray is able to play during the playoffs, we should only expect that he will be available for limited minutes.  He may not be able to contribute very much, which is very unfortunate.  Not sure that the Celtics can win many games without him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I wouldn't be surprised if RA's season is over or he plays ala Shaq (one game and then it's over)
    I believe he had bone spur surgery before he was traded to the Celtics 5 yrs ago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yes, he had the bone spur surgery while in Seattle before coming to the Celtics.  Only he and his doctor know if its that bad, again.  We'll see.  I sure hope not because Ray can really help our second team open up leads.  Amazing what 2 or 3 critical 3 pointers do for us!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Even if Ray can only go for 20 minutes that might be ok, if he can't go at all, that won't be good. 

By the way did all the Laker trolls get the boot or are they just taking a breather? Been nice and on topic lately

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Even if he could go 12, that's all we really need.  Two 6min stints with the second unit when PP is out.

Honestly, bradley, pavlovich and peitrus are all probably playing better if you consider defense as half the game (and I do).  We just need ray to come in and hit a couple 3's during those times when the tension mounts and nobody can get the lid off the basket, esp with that 2nd unit.

Think about it, if ray hits 45% of his threes, but sasha can hit 38%, wouldn't you rather have sasha on the floor?  He defends, drives, passes better.  Frankly, I prefer him to peitrus.  Seems a very smart player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

It's not looking good for Ray. I think we'll really feel his absence if our fears are true. I'm hoping that he'll at least be available for those end of game offense/defense situations where we can run a set for him nail his signature clutch 3. Agree with you on Sasha too. I like pietrus' energy but he's an offensive liability..way too much of a chucker. Sasha's D is surprisingly decent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I always thought of sasha as a tough defender going back to his days with cleveland.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bone spurs? I saw the injury and it was an ankle.  How that has evolved to bone spurs makes not sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

not having homecourt really wouldn't be a big deal in the Hawks series

Zaza is out 2 games, so that would weaken them at home, and we'd go into the game with tons of rest.

We could leave Ray back in Boston, have a 10-11 man rotation in Atlanta and still likely sweep the Hawks b/c we'd come home to Ray and our fans after being rested and playing an undermanned Hawks club on the road

Meanwhile if we got hoemcourt we'd win games 1 and 2 of course, then be a lil more tired traveling to Atlanta when they get Zaza back for games 3 and 4, they'd def win at leats 1 of those, extending the series to 5, 6 or (ugh) 7

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think the trolls are nervous...they are not excited about the playoffs...they know whats coming...ha.ha

Sections
Shortcuts