An Organization that lies to its fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

An Organization that lies to its fans

The Boston Celtics persistenly lie to their fans about the status of injuries. For months two years ago we heard how Garnett had a mild strain of a ligament in the back of his knee, and that his injury had nothing to do with bone spurs. it turned out the bone spurs had ripped up Garnett's knee and he needed major surgery. This year we were told that Shaq had a mild calf strain and it turns out it was his achilles along. shaq was brought back prematurely by the medical staff in a meaningless game and shaq reinjured his Achilles. Ainge lied about it, and he is covering up for the incompetent medical staff. disgusting

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Re: An Organization that lies to its fans

Injuries are somewhat unpredictable. Players are always optimistic, and players always try to come back too early. Re-injury is common.

I think that you are making some unsupportable assumptions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Good stuff Minne.

bramrok you must be real fun at parties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Have you ever had an injury, Bamrock?  You hope and think it will get better and then it lingers as you're older and next thing you know, you need surgery.  When i was 43 years old, my knee (which would periodically give me trouble for years, swelling up and then calming down so I can play on it) got so bad that the doctor said I needed surgery.  Once he was in the knee, he saw not only frayed cartilage, but also saw that my minicus was slightly torn.   

These things are not always clear and predictable.

We all accused them of lying when KG was injured earlier this year and true to their word, it was just his calf and he came back strong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainAmericaErrol. Show CaptainAmericaErrol's posts

new york in 4

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

I'm not sure that they're lying as much as always giving us the best-case prognosis.  With the age of this team they need to give the worst-case, and hope for something better.
    As I said in another post though, if Shaq hasn't healed from an injury nagging him for two months now why does everyone think that he'll somehow recover from it in the next few days or weeks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

bramrock is super ignorant and the only liar i see

The celts downplayed KG's injury even to their own team... on purpose... to motivate them not to give up on the season. Guess what, they got the 2 seed and 60 wins even w/o KG.

KG's knee was NOT ripped to shred's as he attempted to come back and play with the spurs still in there without surgery (in the end foolish and surgery should have happened in Feb, making him healthier for 09-10. (But he played 15-18 mins in 4 straight games at the end of '09 after 'resting' his knee like Shaq his ankle)

So Shaq did the same thing... pampered an achillies injury longer than he had too as the team claime dhe be back sooner so the fans wouldn't be as bummed about the Perk trade and the team would keep a positive outlook and then he had a calf injury occur in the OPPOSITE LEG when he was just out the boot

The new injury has NOTHING to do w/ the previous one

bramrock is a complete ignoramous

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainAmericaErrol. Show CaptainAmericaErrol's posts

celtics will loose put them out of their misery

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Captain, 

Try spell check next time it will give you more credibility with your silly claims.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im with Bamrock on this one.

Shaq came backcause his achilles was supposedly healed up.. He came up lame just 5 minutes in... but wait, they Celtics said WHEW, its not his achilles, its a minor calf muscle...

Mabye out only a week... then weeks go by and Shaq finally practices...OUCH... that achilles still hasnt healed up just yet..  Calf muscle??? whats that????

Celtics have a bad track record of BSing about injuries, returns etc... KG came back and reinjured himself quick...same with Shaq... no pattern though, right?
    There are more//

Now you want to give another pass when the Celtics (DA, Doc etc) kept shoving down everyones throat Shaqs calf was mildly strained...thank goodness its not his achilles ... only to find out its still his achilles all along.

Well, I dont give them a pass.. not that it means much what I say but F*** them!! At least that made me feel better lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to An Organization that lies to its fans:

[QUOTE] The Boston Celtics persistenly lie to their fans about the status of injuries. For months two years ago we heard how Garnett had a mild strain of a ligament in the back of his knee, and that his injury had nothing to do with bone spurs. it turned out the bone spurs had ripped up Garnett's knee and he needed major surgery. This year we were told that Shaq had a mild calf strain and it turns out it was his achilles along. shaq was brought back prematurely by the medical staff in a meaningless game and shaq reinjured his Achilles. Ainge lied about it, and he is covering up for the incompetent medical staff. disgusting

Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE]

-

Nice post, but pure conjecture.

An organization that lies to it's fans?  How about every organization!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonyxx. Show tonyxx's posts

In Response to Re: An Organization that lies to its fans:
    [QUOTE]bramrock is super ignorant and the only liar i see The celts downplayed KG's injury even to their own team... on purpose... to motivate them not to give up on the season. Guess what, they got the 2 seed and 60 wins even w/o KG. KG's knee was NOT ripped to shred's as he attempted to come back and play with the spurs still in there without surgery (in the end foolish and surgery should have happened in Feb, making him healthier for 09-10. (But he played 15-18 mins in 4 straight games at the end of '09 after 'resting' his knee like Shaq his ankle) So Shaq did the same thing... pampered an achillies injury longer than he had too as the team claime dhe be back sooner so the fans wouldn't be as bummed about the Perk trade and the team would keep a positive outlook and then he had a calf injury occur in the OPPOSITE LEG when he was just out the boot The new injury has NOTHING to do w/ the previous one bramrock is a complete ignoramous
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Pleaseeeee, stop with your stupid stuff

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Even if they knew, it would be stupid to let the opponents know exactly what the status really is..about as dumb as a president letting the enemy know that he is going to pull troops by the end of the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Why would you give the Knicks competitive advantage by giving away all your injury secrets ?

What are you , a virgin ?

I still think this whole injury/perk thing is a smokescreen

I will always believe the Celtics knew KG was done for the year the night he blew out his ACL in Utah......and they stung everyone along until the day they got eliminated by Orlando.......and I believe it was to their advantage to do so.

So what's your problem with that ?

Sit back and enjoy the show......don't you remember all those years of irrelavance ? (from the moment Reggie Lewis collapsed against Charlotte in 1993 until the Ray Allen/Big Baby trade on draft day 2007)

I'm going to enjoy every single minute of this playoff....

I love the Celtics chances of winning it all

What don't you understand about "I love this game" and "Celtic Pride" ???

TRUST in Danny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UG10LPyVfc&feature=fvwrel

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

This is just a basketball game. It's sports entertainment. If an organization is going to lie about a player's injury, the public will eventually find out. How is not telling the truth about Shaq's injury going to benefit the Celtics? If Shaq can't play, the opposing team will find out.

Besides, an Achilles injury is serious and problematic. Any lay person can get on the internet and learn more about such injuries and whether they are easily fixed or not. Does anyone believe that the rest of the NBA doesn't have trainers and medical personnel who can surmise a lot by watching Shaq play those 5 minutes?

The fundamental question is--Will the Celtics still be able to overcome a critical player like Shaq?

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts