An Unbiased Perspective on RONDO and the CELTICS Moving Forward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: An Unbiased Perspective on RONDO and the CELTICS Moving Forward

The real dilemma is what happens to all these Rondonistas  when their guy finally gets his ticket punched and leaves  town on the next bus.

All the squalling, the wailing, the bawling, the blubbering, the bleating, the sobbing, the sniveling, the bed wetting, the screeching, the rage against Celtic management is going to be OFF THE CHARTS!

It will make the 1000 comment "Tainted Championship" thread after the 2010 loss to the Lakers look tame by comparison.

And the crybabies won't be after Stern or the refs or even the R9R haters this time.

They'll be after Danny-boy's head!!!!

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

I don't get the rondo hate. I don't love him. I don't hate him. I can live with him or without him. But he became an easy target as a lightning rod for a team that underachieved after the '08 title. PP, KG and RA got old. Doc's brand of offense was often stagnant and boring. Guys like Wallace, the o'neals, Jason terry turned out to be over-the-hill busts. It's easy to overlook rondo's pluses and focus on his faults. If he's in boston, I will root for him. If he ends up elsewhere, I will root for him too, unless he's playing boston. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

I don't get the rondo hate. I don't love him. I don't hate him. I can live with him or without him. But he became an easy target as a lightning rod for a team that underachieved after the '08 title. PP, KG and RA got old. Doc's brand of offense was often stagnant and boring. Guys like Wallace, the o'neals, Jason terry turned out to be over-the-hill busts. It's easy to overlook rondo's pluses and focus on his faults. If he's in boston, I will root for him. If he ends up elsewhere, I will root for him too, unless he's playing boston. 

What hate are you referring to? You mean when people express a negative opinion about Rondo as a basketball player, they therefore hate him.. 

Are we to use your logic with those expressing positive virtues of Rondos game as "lovers of Rondo"?

Seems people such as yourself find it necessary to label a group of people in a manner whereby they should be ostricized or even called racist as R2R tried earlier for their differing opinion. THis, because you have decided a personal hatred exists for some unknown reason and therefore any opinion or observation should be  immediately disregarded...  THose dam haters!!

Where are all the loving people that think alike..... this forum should be reserved for them alone..right?

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Already gave my 2 cents worth on this in the other post where this article was.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

We all read the leaked comments from some players about Rondo... right after he went down and the team went on a big winning streak playing inspiring ball..as if that wasnt enough..

Most of us who have played organized sports know there are just some coaches and players that make it hard to put out for...  nothing undercuts a players will more than watching another player be credited and spoiled like a brat and playing hero/stat ball....

When others give up their ego and committ for the sake of the team and one Star doesnt...and your coach refuses to remedy it.... well you get a 20-23 boring Celtics team that couldnt score or play defense very well... Once that kid went down, we had a rebirth or didnt you notice???

That wasnt coincidence or the team circling the wagons...it was relief!!! Free at last, Free at last... thank ...............

I didn't read any negative comments by the players about Rondo.

Why don't you post some??

“Don’t get me wrong,” he prefaced, “Rajon (Rondo) makes us the best we can possibly be.”

(You can just hear that BUT coming, can’t you?)

“But,” he continued, “now, having multiple ball-handlers out there, it’s just going to make us unpredictable. You don’t know who’s going to handle it. I think the wings are going to get out there and run a little harder. We should be able to play in transition a little more.”

Terry essentially admitted when many have felt about the Celtics for a while this season – that what wasn’t working on the offensive end had at least a little something to do with the way Rondo dominated the ball. How he looked to get it to Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett as options A-V, with Avery Bradley becoming X, Y and Z since his return. And how that often left complementary players such as Jeff Green, Courtney Lee and Terry standing around aimlessly on the perimeter waiting for a 3-pointer.

Read more: http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/blogs/mobileghmne/x472365769/Celtics-practice-report-Jason-Terry-talks-candidly-about-life-after-Rajon-Rondo#ixzz2YOnmpHto
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
    Follow us: @metrowestdaily on Twitter | MetroWestDailyNews on Facebook

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/blogs/courtsideview/x472365769/Celtics-practice-report-Jason-Terry-talks-candidly-about-life-after-Rajon-Rondo#axzz2YOn74TY1

Pretty poor Karl and less than honest. One comment by Terry saying Rondo makes them better?
    Didn't you say PLAYERS Karl.

All I see is Jason Terry saying that having multible ballhandlers makes them unpredictable not that people were waiting at the three point line or running up court while Rondo was walking.

Yes it made them unpredictable for about 12 or 15 game till teams figured them out. Last 20 games they won 8 out of 20 after teams found out we have no other ballhandler.

darryl.. im not about to search google for what you want to see... the one article I posted is critical of Rondo from a teammate.. apparently youre still wearing your blinders when it comes to this kid..

I also remember Courney Lee saying something similar, then making nice later on when he was called out on it.. go find it yourself if you wanna see..

You should really be more perceptive before judging someones honesty... especially you

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

I never said you shouldn't be here or weren't entitled to your opinion. I just said I didn't understand the hate (negative feelings) for the man or his game. You're entitled to your opinion, you're entitled to be here. I just don't agree with all the negativity about him, as a player or a person. Is he perfect? No. But neither was PP, KG or RA. I will always be a rondo fan, whether he's in boston or not. And, depending on where he lands, he's probably more likely to win a title again than boston will be without him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Oh, and I certainly never mentioned race, so I'm not sure where that's coming from. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

The real dilemma is what happens to all these Rondonistas  when their guy finally gets his ticket punched and leaves  town on the next bus.

All the squalling, the wailing, the bawling, the blubbering, the bleating, the sobbing, the sniveling, the bed wetting, the screeching, the rage against Celtic management is going to be OFF THE CHARTS!

It will make the 1000 comment "Tainted Championship" thread after the 2010 loss to the Lakers look tame by comparison.

And the crybabies won't be after Stern or the refs or even the R9R haters this time.

They'll be after Danny-boy's head!!!!

Pud

I would also be very concerned about public safety as well(in Boston and perhaps Greenland as well). The mass suicides that would follow his departure would make Jonestown look like a day in the park. I hope the civil authorities are advising Boston management. Just think of the children.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

isn't it obvious that the behavior puddinpuddin describes is much more aptly applied to rondo's detractors here than to his supporters? yes, it is. 

bp

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

isn't it obvious that the behavior puddinpuddin describes is much more aptly applied to rondo's detractors here than to his supporters? yes, it is. 

bp

Pud is the resident Master Misanthrope. He needs targets to focus his negativity.  He does not offer a single positive comment about anybody.  Just frothing at the mouth in negative fervor.  What you quoted it a typical example.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Whatever is going to happen with Rondo will happen...I just want to end all this nonsense talk about him being a "top 3" ponit guard...far from it.....his baggage and temperment makes it difficult to count him in the top 10 at times...we'll find out when he is healthy what his true value is...I will add that I'd be the happiest C's fan going if he returns to full health, gets his head right with the team and the new coach and grows with the young team....but I feAR THAT'S JUST TOO MUCH TO ASK OF A GUY WHO HAS ONLY SHOWN THOSE THINGS ONE-AT-A-TIME OVER THE TIME HE'S BEEN A CELTIC...(opps, caps, sorry)

I will grant you that there can be a valid debate as to Rondo being a top 3 PG, I would say he is, but come on a top ten? I would love for you to list all the PG's you believe to be better than him.

Sections
Shortcuts