Analysis of What's wrong with the Celtics

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Re: Analysis of What's wrong with the Celtics

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am generally one of the positive, forward looking posters here.  I have to admit that I have lost faith.  we are so bad that its hard to see how we could improve.   I HATE going back to the irrelevancy that we had before KG and Ray arrived.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics lost one of their leaders in Ray, which always led by example with his hard work.  Rondo on the other hand probably still sits in the parking lot until near tipoff...because that's the kind of leader he is.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am generally one of the positive, forward looking posters here.  I have to admit that I have lost faith.  we are so bad that its hard to see how we could improve.   I HATE going back to the irrelevancy that we had before KG and Ray arrived.

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics lost one of their leaders in Ray, which always led by example with his hard work.  Rondo on the other hand probably still sits in the parking lot until near tipoff...because that's the kind of leader he is.  

[/QUOTE]
    LMAO!!!  Seriously, that is the funniest comment I've seen in quite some time.  Rondo should have never diss RA otherwise Rondo would be looking much better as we speak!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I am on the trade Rondo bandwagon, if anyone cares!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am on the trade Rondo bandwagon, if anyone cares!!

[/QUOTE] make room, there are lots of others waiting to jump on!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

I agree with many posters here that we should start playing young guys more.

No matter who we trade for, we are not going to win anything.

Therefore, we need to start plan for the future in my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The Celtics lost one of their leaders in Ray, which always led by example with his hard work.  Rondo on the other hand probably still sits in the parking lot until near tipoff...because that's the kind of leader he is.  "

Aww c'mon. Ray acted like a total baby when he was asked to do what was best for the team and come off the bench last year. Bradley needed to start, and starting him turned the season around. The idea that Ray was some perfect leader is such a fiction. Rondo meanwhile, the jury is still out on him in some ways as a leader and we'll know the full story pretty soon, but one thing about Rondo is that he has a very high pain tolerance and has played through very rough injuries. He's playing with a bum hip currently. That is part of leadership. 

But yeah, Rondo will bear some responsibility for this team's events. However he is technically not the captain, Pierce is. There's lot of blame to go around currently. Singling out one player because you don't like them is unfair.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Don't worry, Kirk, Bradley, Sully, and Melo are not going to be traded."

Probably true but I don't think anyone is off limits currently if Ainge thinks he can get a game changing player in here. 

I think a better way of putting it is that Ainge is not ready to make a desperation trade yet. Nor is he ready to make a trade with future seasons in mind. I think he's in the mood to trade to improve the team this season. 

But it's definitely going to be hard to get a game changing player without giving up someone we don't want to lose. Other teams are not going to settle for Lee and Green in trades right now....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Well the cs havent been a good offensive team for a few years. But their lack of defense has really turned them to an sub 500 team overnight. THE CS ARE NOW BOTH UNDERSIZED AND UNATHLETIC. Bad combination.

On defense they are a step slow on rotations and on offense we generate absolutely no ez buckets, everything is a contested jumper, the celtics are the rare halfcourt team with no effective post player. How a team can be so half court oriented without a legit post player is beyone me.

Rondo can no longer keep distributing to his teammates cuz they are no longer go to scorers anymore.  He must become a 16-18 ppg type player. 

I hate to say it but the loss of ray allen has hurt more than i thought, his mere ability to hit shots made defenses focus on him and it really opened up the floor for the other guys. As old as ray was he was playing close to 35 mpg. That was 35 minutes that opponents had to stick to ray like glue and turn their backs to the ball. Jet is a great shooter but hes not on the floor nearly as much and his defense is actually worse than ray's (mostly due to height) and I dont blame jet, his effort on the defensive end has been admirable, but hes been lit up consistently. Lee is the complete opposite of jet his individual defense has been excellent but offensively he seems lost.

I still believe bradley will help big time, esepecially if he can find that 3 pt stroke he developed last year to go with his stellar defense, which was on full display tonight. 

Still the cs are in dire need of a rebounding big. Gortat would really, really help. Cousins would be ideal but costly. If both those options fall thru dalembert could be a decent option. The bottom line a move has to be made. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

EVERYTHING!   

Shorter list to talk about what's right with our team.  hard to have faith the way they play.  Every piece of our team is broken.  At this point, its in their heads.   They are just demoralized and lost.

[/QUOTE]

You have looked past one thing- when EVERYTHING ON A TEAM IS BAD- the chances are MAGNIFICENT that a change in guard at the COACHING POSITION is well in order.  It's time for danny and ownership to grow a pair of nuts and admit to themselves that they made a TERRIBLE mistake in extending rivers and do a buyout and cut him loose.  right now.

and don't get hung up on "but but but but who's better than doc?" talk.  right now you could put a baloney sandwich on his seat to coach the team and they'd be relieved he's gone and win 3 in a row.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Whendex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Rondo isn't 100% healthy he shouldn't be on the floor.. It's getting BAD when Conley is blowing by you EVERY time. Rondo could not stay in front of the guy. It's been recurring thing all year. He's getting TORCHED bad. Pick up it 9

[/QUOTE]

Rondo has rarely ever had a strong desire to stay in front of any of his men.  mediocre stiffs routinely go for double their season average against rondo.  it should almost never happen.  but it happens more often than not!

welcome to the beast that ainge created and doc rivers took the virus and grew it to perfection- never any reduction in PT due to lack of defensive effort or lack of offensive basic competencies.  H E A D   C A S E    engaged.  year 7.  set in stone.  not going to change

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Whendex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Rondo isn't 100% healthy he shouldn't be on the floor.. It's getting BAD when Conley is blowing by you EVERY time. Rondo could not stay in front of the guy. It's been recurring thing all year. He's getting TORCHED bad. Pick up it 9

[/QUOTE]

Rondo has rarely ever had a strong desire to stay in front of any of his men.  mediocre stiffs routinely go for double their season average against rondo.  it should almost never happen.  but it happens more often than not!

welcome to the beast that ainge created and doc rivers took the virus and grew it to perfection- never any reduction in PT due to lack of defensive effort or lack of offensive basic competencies.  H E A D   C A S E    engaged.  year 7.  set in stone.  not going to change

[/QUOTE]

but dont forget Rondo has an extremely high basketball IQ according to our HOF coach..  so maybe Rondo is allowing opposing PGs to run freely into the lane as he tickles their butt with  his legendary swipe from behind..  maybe hes pounding the ball every 20 of 24 seconds to give his team rest and ssave energy for the playoffs...

See, Rondo is thinking on higher level than you or I... Doc knows this and has given Rondo full control of the team... Doc just needs to cheer good and loud and seem like a coach whenever the camera is on him..  Relax, Rondo has it all under control

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"The Celtics lost one of their leaders in Ray, which always led by example with his hard work.  Rondo on the other hand probably still sits in the parking lot until near tipoff...because that's the kind of leader he is.  "

Aww c'mon. Ray acted like a total baby when he was asked to do what was best for the team and come off the bench last year. Bradley needed to start, and starting him turned the season around. The idea that Ray was some perfect leader is such a fiction. Rondo meanwhile, the jury is still out on him in some ways as a leader and we'll know the full story pretty soon, but one thing about Rondo is that he has a very high pain tolerance and has played through very rough injuries. He's playing with a bum hip currently. That is part of leadership. 

But yeah, Rondo will bear some responsibility for this team's events. However he is technically not the captain, Pierce is. There's lot of blame to go around currently. Singling out one player because you don't like them is unfair.

[/QUOTE]

Ray did not act like a baby.  He went to Doc and said "do it".  He knew Doc wanted to sit him but was afraid Ray would take it the wrong way so Ray did what was best and let Doc off the hook - volunteering to go to the bench.  Ray didn't WANT to, but he knew it was best.

Ray is a model citizen on a team - not complaining publicly, doing what is asked, and providing support where necessary.   We could use what Ray delivered last night (15 points and 7 rebounds in a close contest.....and a critical 3 pointer as Miami was coming back).

Ray is old, as well, but we didn't replace him with a young sharpshooting athletic guard. We got a poor man's Ray in Jet......who can't shoot as well and is not big enough to play D so we ened up with a downgrade.   Hope Bradley takes most of the minutes and plays like he did last year!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE]

but dont forget Rondo has an extremely high basketball IQ according to our HOF coach..  so maybe Rondo is allowing opposing PGs to run freely into the lane as he tickles their butt with  his legendary swipe from behind..  maybe hes pounding the ball every 20 of 24 seconds to give his team rest and ssave energy for the playoffs...

See, Rondo is thinking on higher level than you or I... Doc knows this and has given Rondo full control of the team... Doc just needs to cheer good and loud and seem like a coach whenever the camera is on him..  Relax, Rondo has it all under control

[/QUOTE]

Rondo has been exposed.....and its not just injury.  He's been playing terrible all season - even when he was collecting a lot of assists.   He has had about 4 good games and the rest have been busts.   If the Celtics really are "His Team", then we're doomed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Ray Allen leaving had a negative effect on the team in two ways. First, he was and still is a very good/HOF overall player and amazing shooter...and with the Celtics offensive scheme he spaced the floor, period. Now, there is no spacing so for a Jeff Green or Paul, or whoever, there are no lanes to drive because the opposing teams can essentially play a box and one defense (ie, man to man on the dribbler, say Jeff Green, and then stand four guys at each part of the box eliminating dribble penetration and dare them to shoot)...without a bunch of good three point shooters, that's a good defense and it's shutting down the Celtics. Second, Ray leaving left Danny high and dry with no ability to over the hard salary cap, he had to use the MLE on Jet instead of a quality big. So the domino effect was two-fold; it screwed up the Celtics offensive scheme and screwed up the player management personnol management for 2013. Anybody but the Heat in 2013!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The Celtics can't do anything with Rondo until they get a good look at AB. If AB can step in and play well, I think Rondo could be dealt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I think it would be best if Green started and PP came off the bench. PP has faded in the second half in too many games,he shows flashes of the PP we've come to know,but less and less. It is only January and he is wearing down. Green is getting paid 9 mil and he's being played like a vet min . Green starting would definately help our team overall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But I still believe the Celts can make a deep run in the playoffs if they get a big who can score and rebound. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, how many in-season trade of big men happened in the NBA in, say, the past 20 years? Not any big man, but impact big man that can propel a team to a deep playoff run? You are talking about an all-star caliber big man with lots of mileage left.

2008 - Pau Gasol

That's the heist of the century. So you are counting on this once-in-a-lifetime heist to happen again. Even worse, with no worthy trade asset, you expect the Celtics to get an all-star caliber big man for nothing.

Big men are a dime a dozen. Let's try Andrea Bargnani, Andrew Bogut, ... If nothing else, there's always your coveted lottery pick: Darko Milicic. Maybe Danny can lure former all-star, all-defensive gem Theo Ratliff out of retirement...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics can't do anything with Rondo until they get a good look at AB. If AB can step in and play well, I think Rondo could be dealt.

[/QUOTE]

I agree!

Sections
Shortcuts