and now for something completely different - another trade proposal!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and now for something completely different - another trade proposal!

First, I am of the opinion that Greg Monroe is the best young true center who also has the skills of a stretch PF, that is remotely available.  I believe he still has a lot of upside and is orders of magnitude better than Asik.  He can be the long term foundation at center of the Celtics.  

I also believe that it will take Rondo to acquire Monroe, or any quality center, and it will take Rondo to move Wallace's contract, which is in my mind a highest priority.

Detroit Out: Monroe, Stuckey, Villanueva  Detroit In: Asik, Wallace, M Brooks, A Brooks, Rockets 1st round pick 2015

Houston Out: Asik, Lin, Brooks, 1st round pick  Houston In: Rondo, Stuckey

Boston Out: Rondo, Wallace, Brooks   Boston In: Monroe, Lin, Villanueva (expiring) Detroit second round pick 2014, Detroit 2nd round pick 2016

Lin is a temporary but very capable solution at PG, Villanueva expiring combined with Wallace salary dump can land a good FA next year.  Monroe fill a huge long term need. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: and now for something completely different - another trade proposal!

For those still with me... Assuming we get pick 2nd pick in 2014, we select Marcus Smart. with our Brooklyn pick, we select SF Saric, McDermott (or one of 6 other high quality SF that will be available in the low 20s.  Smart starts at SG and the second pick is groomed to replace Green.

2014-2015

Lin/new T-FA - Smart/Bradley - Green/2014 pick  - Sully/Oly - Monroe/Fav                                                              [Hump, Villanueva, Bogans done. ~$25M cap reduction.  MLE or FA sign Vince Carter to minimum for Vet leadership and develop draft picks  Plus FA PG to rotate with Lin. 

2015-2016

2015 pick/T-FA - Smart/T-FA - 2014 pick/Green - Sully/Oly - Monroe/Fav

[Bass, Bradley, Crawford Lin gone]

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

ElDunker - from the C's perspective, I get this trade and while a RR supporter, I make it.  Problem is that I don't see why Detroit even considers the trade and I doubt Houston would do it now...

Detriot gives up Monroe (I agree with you a potential stud and I suspect Dumars sees the same thing), and two expiring contracts to take on Asik's rather large contract, Wallace's contract, a low 1st rd pick and extras. Look at it this way -- Monroe for Asik; no way I make that trade. Roughly $17mil in expiring contacts for a low 1st and Wallace's contract moving forward (and, yes, the two Brooks).  I don't think I make that trade either.

Houston - I can certainly see it from Houston's perspective in getting out from Asik's and Lin's contract and bringing in RR and expiring Stuckey's contract.  However, suspect they would move forward only after I knowing RR is healthy - so this woudl have to be a trade dealine and not current trade.  If I am Houston, I need to levereage Asik for a healthy PG or another position player - such as a PF.

Interested in how you think this is a trade that woudl excite Detroit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Jeremy Lin, huh?  There goes El Dunker's credibility.  I'm now going to have to ignore you for TWO WEEKS! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Detroit will have 2 starting Centers in the starting lineup?

Drummond and Asik starting with Josh Smith?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I love trade ideas ... but Fierce has hit upon the biggest of red flags.

What in god's name will Detroit do with Asik & Drummond?

A simple Boston-Detroit trade swapping Rondo & Wallace for Monroe & whatever expirings would work better. This would make much more sense for detroit. Have Smith be used as a PF (he is much better as a PF) and use Wallace as your 3, with Rondo & Jennings backcourt ...

... but NO THANK YOU. Monroe is not that good, definitely not worth a MAX deal, and someone could come along and offer him just that. BTW, he's a PF. I thought we had two young future allstar PFs ... why do we need another?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I appreciate the feedback and don't disagree with some of it.

So I revise the trade to the following:

Boston: Rondo, Wallace, Lee and Brooks FOR Detroit: Monroe, Stuckey Villanueava and Siva

Rumblings in Detroit about Jennings at PG.  Josh wants Rondo who can provide assists that shoot first Jennings can't provide.  Jennings becomes Detroit's 6th man and plays alongside Rondo when they want to run. (or Detroit separately trades Jennings for a stronger SG).  Detroit has too many PGs. We have too many SGs, hence Brooks for Siva.  We get a solid SG in Stuckey who steps into the starting role and a nice expiring contract.  Wallace and Lee provide solid backup and much needed D when required.  We get rid of ALL our bad contracts and land our franchise center, and strenghten the SG position. AND free up lots of CAP for quality FA signing(s).

Separately a straight up trade with Houston Bass for Lin.  This is a wash talent wise and contract wise.  Just addresses both teams needs.  Lin plays out his contract while we groom our franchise PG via one of our draft picks or FA.

Sections
Shortcuts