And the problem is?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

And the problem is?

The problem is Doc Rivers: Please note below in Saturday's game.

1. Collins played 14 minutes. That was 14 minutes too much.

2. Barbosa is not a point guard. He is strictly a shooter. Playing point guard limits his potential to score.

3. Wilcox played only 2.5 minutes

4. Sullinger only played 14 minutes. In those 14 minutes he had 5 rebounds.

Doc does not have a clue how to manage his players minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: And the problem is?

Fire Doc.

Trade Rondo

Get a Center

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No, No Rondo Can't Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah51M8Fdq3cis

This guy is so talented, he could make me look good in an NBA game!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, No Rondo Can't Go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah51M8Fdq3cis

This guy is so talented, he could make me look good in an NBA game!

[/QUOTE]

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rondo could go as fas as I'm concerned, but you've got to get something REALLY good back. No projects, no gortat, millsap etc type players.

Danny tried before and there were no takers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Questions:

How many players in the NBA would continue to play after dislocating their elbow?

OK,

How many players in the NBA would continue to play after dislocating their elbow, and play well?

Answers:

R. Rondo (I would take this kid on my team any day and twice on Sunday)!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2. Barbosa is not a point guard. He is strictly a shooter. Playing point guard limits his potential to score.

[/QUOTE]

Every point here is excellent.  I watched the whole game. The only thing is Sullinger was getting beat up and down the court. Collins should only play garbage time.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Doc coached the Lakers, he would be Mike Brown!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ouch!!

Problem is, no ones  got a bead on what combination of players works best for this C's team, and it's against Doc's makeup to make radical changes or to keep changing things on a regular basis.  But in lieu of AB's return or us getting a big man, that's what I think he needs to do.  A lot  of talent is there, but they're  not at the right positions or getting the right number of minutes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ouch!!

Problem is, no ones  got a bead on what combination of players works best for this C's team, and it's against Doc's makeup to make radical changes or to keep changing things on a regular basis.  But in lieu of AB's return or us getting a big man, that's what I think he needs to do.  A lot  of talent is there, but they're  not at the right positions or getting the right number of minutes.

[/QUOTE]

And the talent isn't working hard.  You don't get bot be a professional basketball player at age 28 or 29 and have to be coached to rebound.  Our players (especially power forward, small forward, and shooting guard) can't rebound.   Then, we put one in who can rebound (Sully) and he commits foul after foul (and THAT'S why he only played limited minutes).  These are not coaching Issues.  We miss having players who will get inside and do dirty work like rebound and take charges!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

And the talent isn't working hard.  You don't get bot be a professional basketball player at age 28 or 29 and have to be coached to rebound.  Our players (especially power forward, small forward, and shooting guard) can't rebound.   Then, we put one in who can rebound (Sully) and he commits foul after foul (and THAT'S why he only played limited minutes).  These are not coaching Issues.  We miss having players who will get inside and do dirty work like rebound and take charges!

I'll go along with that one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Big Baby?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You mean like Big Baby?

[/QUOTE]

Meant Lee, Green, and Bass not playing up to their capabilites. But I did notice the reference to  Glen at  the end of CF4L's comment.  Didn't respond to it because as much as he took charges and  defended  bigs, he went maverick the last  year he  was here, played outside his role late in the season and in the playoffs, and it cost us.  It was  one in a long line of "going his own way", while he was here.  Miss the good he brought, don't  miss the bad, and the bad never went away until he was traded.
    C's play best when players know their roles and play within them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think Doc needs to start Green in place of Pierce. As long as Pierce continues to start and is the centerpiece of the Celtics offense, Green will never play consistently to the team's expectations. Paul Pierce can be a more effective weapon for the Celtics coming off the bench.

I also think that Doc needs to start Sullinger over Bass because Sullinger is a better rebounder. Yes, he has a tendency to commit unnecessary fouls and rookie mistakes.  However, Sullinger has shown to have good basketball sense, and he will outgrow his deficiencies as he gets more playing time and develops self-confidence.

The team's lack of size in the backcourt can be addressed by giving Kris Joseph some playing time. He can also play the SF position as a third option to Green and Pierce. Joseph has also shown decent offensive skills. As with Sullinger, Joseph only needs playing time to develop his skills.

Doc Rivers needs to discard his prejudices against rookies. How else does Doc think these rookies can develop if he doesn't even give them the opportunity to show their stuff? Doc needs to understand that his over-dependence on KG and PP not only makes the team vulnerable when either one falls to injury, but is also stunting the growth of the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Doc has become one of the best coaches in the league - I wouldn't say top three but definitely top six. He isn't going anywhere. I'm amazed by these "fire Doc/trade Rondo" folks, you're wasting a ton of energy on something that is not going to happen. 

If Pierce and KG were five years younger this team would be rocking right now. Ainge understands that even if you don't.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Doc needs to start Green in place of Pierce. As long as Pierce continues to start and is the centerpiece of the Celtics offense, Green will never play consistently to the team's expectations. Paul Pierce can be a more effective weapon for the Celtics coming off the bench.

I also think that Doc needs to start Sullinger over Bass because Sullinger is a better rebounder. Yes, he has a tendency to commit unnecessary fouls and rookie mistakes.  However, Sullinger has shown to have good basketball sense, and he will outgrow his deficiencies as he gets more playing time and develops self-confidence.

The team's lack of size in the backcourt can be addressed by giving Kris Joseph some playing time. He can also play the SF position as a third option to Green and Pierce. Joseph has also shown decent offensive skills. As with Sullinger, Joseph only needs playing time to develop his skills.

Doc Rivers needs to discard his prejudices against rookies. How else does Doc think these rookies can develop if he doesn't even give them the opportunity to show their stuff? Doc needs to understand that his over-dependence on KG and PP not only makes the team vulnerable when either one falls to injury, but is also stunting the growth of the team.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said except for the centerpiece part.  Rondo is our centerpiece, big time,  not Pierce.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It isn't Doc's fault the Celtics have no bigs.  Bradley is an excellent player. Get Bradley back, trade either Lee or Bass for a servicable big. Then if the team is still playing this way we can give Doc a hard time.

Also Collins stinks but he got 5 boards in those 14 minutes he played.  Think that might have had something to do with why he was out there?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well your right on part of it.  Our PF and Center postions are the ones not rebounding.  I don't think its as much SF of SG rebounding thats the problem.  We get 13 boards a game from KG and Bass. That is not going to cut it.  With KG and his minutes it won't get any better than that.  We need to get bigger.  Sully is a better\younger rebounder right now. He only had 3 fouls during the last game.  Your saying thats why he had limited minutes?  I don't think so. Sully needs too continue to play and make the usual rookie mistakes.  Hell half the calls on him are just because he is a rookie.  That will change with playing time, not sitting the bench.  

Doc is known to do this very thing with rookies,  always has and always will.  Your last statement is we need someone to get inside and do the dirty work.  Well we have one sitting on the bench,  his name is Sullinger. And by the way he is learning to take charges. Like I said he will learn if he plays.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said except for the centerpiece part.  Rondo is our centerpiece, big time,  not Pierce.

[/QUOTE]

I stated that Pierce is the centerpiece of the Celtics offense, and not the team itself. There is no doubt in my mind that Rondo is the centerpiece of the team. I agree with you there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

QUOTE:   "I stated that Pierce is the centerpiece of the Celtics offense, and not the team itself. There is no doubt in my mind that Rondo is the centerpiece of the team. I agree with you there."

and this is the problem. Pierce was a competent centerpiece, but now is too old and slow to be the centerpiece and Rondo is too inconsistent, immature and lacks leadership qualities to be the centerpiece.  WE DON'T HAVE A LEGIT CENTERPIECE. Trying to force Rondo into the role is bad for his delicate head.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I stated that Pierce is the centerpiece of the Celtics offense, and not the team itself. There is no doubt in my mind that Rondo is the centerpiece of the team. I agree with you there.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo has the ball in his hand 90% of the time.  Wouldn't that make him the centerpiece? Pierce is just the best one on one player for creating his shot.  A lot of those shot come when we are down in second on the clock.

A curious stat would be how many shots are missed by guys that are forced to take with less than 5 seconds on the clock.   I iguess the reason I bring this up was Green against the Bucks took one shot  when he got the ball with 2 seconds left.  He fired up 2 long shots at the end of quarters.  Not sure those counted against him since they didn't hit the rim. All that pounding of the ball definitely forces people to fire up a desperation shot at the end of the clock.  It doesn't make Rondo look bad but sure as hell makes some of his guys shooting percentages go down. 

That is one reason why I liked the last two games,  the ball was not stuck.  One game we were very good,  the second game we had trouble.  We don't have a lot of movement either.  Our offense is so predictable its not even funny. Looks like about 3/4 different sets we run every time the defense is set.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

You're absolutely right on all four points. Collins is the guy you throw in to a LAL game where Howard is taking advantage of us for 5 hard fouls. Otherwise, use Wilcox & Sully.

You are dead wrong about getting rid of Doc. Not going to happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fire Doc.

Trade Rondo

Get a Center

[/QUOTE]

Scrap the 1st Idea and maybe Use Rondo to get your center and wingman.

I would say we are not a Better team without him, but I think we are more of a "together" team or cohesive unit, so to speak. One cannot overlook the fact that we always come to play when Rondo is out but with Rondo starting every night we have good games and bad. To me it seems like the rest of the team does the little things more when Rondo is out. I dont know if its guys just stepping up because they feel the need or if they just play harder when he is gone, but it could be that his matador defense and chippy attitude may be keeping our team from reaching its potential because take it from me,. noone wants to play their talls off if they think everyone isnt pulling their weight and that may be the issue based on what Ive seen the last couple years when he was out and even if it wasnt, at the least you have to say we cant still compete without him so now if Bradley is comfy at the 1, you can Move Rondo and maybe someone else for a legit Big man/Wing combo trade. Im just saying... I love Rondo, but I hate that he is so wishy washy and unpredictable and I hated that stupid streak that kept him keeping defenses honest. last year I thought he turned the corner with his shot taking but reverted to dribbling around all game looking for assists again this year and that to me is a stat hog not a winner