Andrew Bynum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Andrew Bynum

Agree that he would be a great player if he wasn't always injured.  It would nice if he could stay healthy for an entire season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

He has some Sam Bowie in his blood, that's why.

The Lakers lost 3 straight games last week. Not because Bynum didn't play, but because they are still missing THEO RATLIFF. They were 8-0 before Theo went down.

HAHAHA!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A limping Bynum caused us problems in the finals.. With such a history of injuries Im afraid he may be one of those players that never goes a full season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Yep, the Lakers have won two straight championships with a limping, injury prone,  over-rated Andrew Bynum. You're right again, Duke. Scary if he ever plays a full season healthy. Know what I mean, my friend?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and he's especially slow getting started this year.  i was hoping that he would be back EARLY, because then he'd get injured in march right on time.  seems it's extraordinary if the chap belts out 50 games in a row.

so maybe this year early april when he soils the sheets with some sort of injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bynum is more of an illusion to Laker fans.  Somewhere they have the notion that he is superstar ready to burst out any moment.  He is not even a star, his length makes him effective in spots and a spot career is all he will ever have.

The danger of Bynum and all the hype around him is that the league will send Chris Paul for this bum and say even up.    This I believe is coming with Stern taking control of the Hornets . The league wants a Laker Heat final and this is the only chance they have at it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

In Response to Re: Andrew Bynum:
    [QUOTE]Bynum is more of an illusion to Laker fans.  Somewhere they have the notion that he is superstar ready to burst out any moment.  He is not even a star, his length makes him effective in spots and a spot career is all he will ever have. The danger of Bynum and all the hype around him is that the league will send Chris Paul for this bum and say even up.    This I believe is coming with Stern taking control of the Hornets . The league wants a Laker Heat final and this is the only chance they have at it. 
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    And the Celtics would trade one of your so called aging Big 3 for Bynum right now, including Garnett. In fact, there's no one on your roster that would be exempt from a trade for Bynum, no one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

He's a capable player in our system. He's not a star by any stretch. But he's a piece of our team, I believe we'd have trouble winning a championship without him.

I don't think you'd see much more production out of him if he was with another team. Or if he was forced into a 'star' role in a team like Washington. I don't think he has that ability. Also have to look at his mental attitude. Realistically he should have had the surgery a couple of weeks after the finals. Not after going to the Football World Cup. This really showed where his mentality was at.

Like a lot of big guys he is injury prone. I don't see that changing anytime in the future. In fact it'll probably get worse for him the longer he plays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Also have to look at his mental attitude. Realistically he should have had the surgery a couple of weeks after the finals. Not after going to the Football World Cup. This really showed where his mentality was at. Like a lot of big guys he is injury prone. I don't see that changing anytime in the future. In fact it'll probably get worse for him the longer he plays.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

isn't this the SECOND time that bynum has delayed surgery to the detriment of the team and its continuity?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Say all you want about the big man. The Lakers proved with 1/2 Bynum they could beat the Celtics. The Lakers would have won the the 2008 finals if Bynum had played.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Laker fans/media heap praise on this kid....meanwhile, Perk is called a "stiff"....but when it comes playoff time...

Bynum  7.0 ppg   5.2 rpg
    Perk     6.9 ppg   6.8 rpg

Playoff bests....

Bynum  8.6 ppg   6.9 rpg
    Perk    11.9 ppg  11.6 rpg

Perk is the better interior defender....not such a mismatch huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]Laker fans/media heap praise on this kid....meanwhile, Perk is called a "stiff"....but when it comes playoff time... Bynum  7.0 ppg   5.2 rpg Perk     6.9 ppg   6.8 rpg Playoff bests.... Bynum  8.6 ppg   6.9 rpg Perk    11.9 ppg  11.6 rpg Perk is the better interior defender....not such a mismatch huh?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]
    And like I mentioned above, you'd trade Perk for Bynum in a sec. Right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

RuWorthy is realistic about this stiff and he does supply size and some interior offense.  Mark my words this guy is going to NO for Chris Paul.  If he does it will be a replay of the Memphis robbery where something funny happened to the people who handle personnel for team trading with Lakers.  Lakers will take the favor and think nothing of it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If  Bynum is traded I predict he will be out of the league by the time his contract is up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

I agree with most everything said thus far. And I would much rather have Perk than Bynum for the record.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with most everything said thus far. And I would much rather have Perk than Bynum for the record.
    Posted by b12696[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, right, muhahahaha!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from townie68. Show townie68's posts

Sounds like another young Western conference "star center"......

Sections
Shortcuts