Andrew Bynum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Andrew Bynum

He is a free agent. i think he would be a great fit in boston and we dont have to trade anything. i think ainge should pull trigger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Andrew Bynum

In response to dblock33644's comment:

He is a free agent. i think he would be a great fit in boston and we dont have to trade anything. i think ainge should pull trigger.

we don't have the cap space for Bynum. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Besides he's a knee injury just waiting to happen. I'll pass.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You know... I just don't think Bynum is a Celtic.  I think it would turn out to be a disaster, either from injury, chemistry or production or all three.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

maturity issues....remember???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Besides he's a knee injury just waiting to happen. I'll pass.

Agree.  Good player + chronic bad knees = bigman sitting on bench sucking dollars

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Guy has "Mark Blount" written all over him. You guys forgot to mention what a dirty player he is too. Remember that Dallas series? Him, Odom, and (of course) Artest out there blatantly trying to hurt players for the Mavs. He's not Celtic material from what I've seen of him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I'd rather that the Celtics take a risk on Greg Oden if they can sign him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Any team that signs him is taking a big risk.  Especially if you have to pay him a substantial amount of money.  He can never stay healthy for the entire season. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

The guy has major attitude problems. I wouldn't sign him. Has all the talent in the world, and is one of the best centres in the NBA. 

Has no maturity and in 20 years time he'll regret the lost opportunity that he had. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm not sure the guy likes basketball. 

This was a bad, bad trade, and I said so at the time.

What was Philly thinking?

Some may recall, and I wrote it on my board at school - Bynum will never play for  Philly.  That was THE DAY the trade happened.

Never mind Bowie - this guy is Pervis Ellison!!

Bill Russell won more NBA titles with the Boston Celtics than Wilt, Kareem and Shaq COMBINED did as Lakers!!

No Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - 2-1 vs majic- last word!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Dear God Shammgod no.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I would take Bynum in a heartbeat if we could afford him.  We can't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to edcap99's comment:

Oden is a way better option than Bynum. R you kidding about Cs should get BYNUM? This guy does not want to even play basketball. Another head case with a failing body is not something the Celtics need.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

[QUOTE]

Oden is a way better option than Bynum. R you kidding about Cs should get BYNUM? This guy does not want to even play basketball. Another head case with a failing body is not something the Celtics need.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think the Celts "should" get Bynum. Its just that a healthy bynum would be the best player on the Celtics. by quite a bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dont think the Celts "should" get Bynum. Its just that a healthy bynum would be the best player on the Celtics. by quite a bit.

[/QUOTE]

didn't we learn anythong from Shaq and Jermain O'neil blunders?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Bynums knees are so shot Lloyds wouldn't give him the standard insurance policy they give to most pro athletes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

You know... I just don't think Bynum is a Celtic.  I think it would turn out to be a disaster, either from injury, chemistry or production or all three.  

Agreed. I'll add that he is a big sissy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I don't buy Bynum's attitude issues.  Heck, I would have had serious attitude issues as well if I was playing with Kome!!  His health is another matter.  But why not try the mid-level with him on a 2-years deal?  Give him an opt out as enticement.  Keep a buy out option as well.  Play him 20 mins/game.  Let him re-establish himself.

Problems:  The Celts don't have a mid-level.  The state of the knees is unclear.  But if he thinks that he can play, he will be a better gamble than Greg Oden.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

fools gold.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I don't buy Bynum's attitude issues.  Heck, I would have had serious attitude issues as well if I was playing with Kome!!  His health is another matter.  But why not try the mid-level with him on a 2-years deal?  Give him an opt out as enticement.  Keep a buy out option as well.  Play him 20 mins/game.  Let him re-establish himself.

Problems:  The Celts don't have a mid-level.  The state of the knees is unclear.  But if he thinks that he can play, he will be a better gamble than Greg Oden.

look at how many times in his career he's delayed surgeries to the detriment of his own team and to the detriment of his own recovery.....  

in retrospect, those delays were probably more motivatedin wringing money out of teams than helping them win.  that's a horrid attitude.  it's happened twice with bynumb if not thrice

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

There are some players you just plain dislike.  Bynum fits into that category for me.

Now, would he be a major contributor to the celtics? gOOD QUESTION..  He could be if... he knees werent as fragile as they appear and his apparent desire to milk contracts and injuries for all theyre worth while picking up a nice paycheck along the way.

Then his personality ... we already have a snot nosed diva on the team that Doc cant and wont handle.

Add to that the hefty contract hes most certainly gonna have to get.

Its my belief the risk/reward favors staying away from this dude.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

if u do your research by googling Bynum free agency you will see reports that say no gm will give him more than 1 year for mle. which would make him well worth gambke. injury and all. he could be great especially if kg stays

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

if u do your research by googling Bynum free agency you will see reports that say no gm will give him more than 1 year for mle. which would make him well worth gambke. injury and all. he could be great especially if kg stays

Sections
Shortcuts