Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...:
    In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Celtics blew a 13-point lead, it's a collapse, whether you like it or not. No more argument.
    Posted by MajicMVP

If you follow pro basketball a 13 point lead is nothing. How about your Laker team blowing a 24 or 26 point lead in game 4 of the 2008 finals? Now that was a monumental choke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...:
    One of my great joys in life is seeing Boston get tantalyzingly close to a title of any kind and see it wither away at the last moment. Tonight I will be enjoying my Scotch as I celebrate another Boston game 7 finals loss 2 years in a row. Hey, after tonight, you call all say you got back-to-backs. We can call it a rebeat. MUHOOHAHAHAHAHA! TONIGHT YOU GONNA GET CANUCKED
    Posted by lakersavenger

I haven't read every post yet but are you ready to eat crow? Well we didn't choke. Say it.....Boston Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup champs. Say it....we are the best.  We're waiting...............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

If the Bruins were to win tonight, that would mean the Pats, Sox, Celtic's, and Bruins would have all won championships from 2005 to 2011!!  Try finding another city that has won all four major titles in a six year span!!!  Now all we need is for the Bruins to win!!
    Posted by kyceltic

Yes this is the first time that has happened in a 6 and 1/2 period. I don't think any city has been this close. 7 titles in 9 1/2 years. Come on Pats... we're waiting. It's been too long. LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : For the same reason it wasn't the Inglewood Lakers of Los Angeles in the 80's!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Inglewood is just a a couple of miles from L.A and and is in Los Angeles County. Pats are way beyond Boston, similar distance of Los Angeles to Anaheim and Anaheim is in Orange County. Not a good comparison at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : But that's my point, they are physically in a different city than Boston, a different county than Boston and a have different regional name than Boston, so the Pats don't represent Boston any more than they represent any other city or state in New England proper. If anything, Foxbrough can claim the Pats since it's there where they play. And why did the franchise change it's name from Boston Patriots to New England Patriots?
    Posted by lakersavenger

If you follow the AFL history they were the Boston Patriots from 1960 to 1970. Just like the Angels were originally in Los Angeles. They changed thier name because the owner at the time was ticked off at the city of Boston for not giving them enough money. It's still a Boston sports team dummy. Are the Giants and Jets not New York teams?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Inglewood is just a a couple of miles from L.A and and is in Los Angeles County. Pats are way beyond Boston, similar distance of Los Angeles to Anaheim and Anaheim is in Orange County. Not a good comparison at all.
    Posted by lakersavenger

According to Mapquest, Boston is 20 miles from Foxboro, while the Forum is TEN miles from the Staples Center

Great comparison - thank you very much!!

Also fail to see why you continue to answer me, but no one else.  Face it, you're wrong on several issues, and you should have kept your mouth shut.
    MN   - 5 titles
    Inglewood - 5 titles
    LA - 6

Total for the lakers is still 16 - but at 3 different venues - ahhh, California!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : According to Mapquest, Boston is 20 miles from Foxboro, while the Forum is TEN miles from the Staples Center Great comparison - thank you very much!! Also fail to see why you continue to answer me, but no one else.  Face it, you're wrong on several issues, and you should have kept your mouth shut. MN   - 5 titles Inglewood - 5 titles LA - 6 Total for the lakers is still 16 - but at 3 different venues - ahhh, California!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

He has no reasons other than he is just a numb nut!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : According to Mapquest, Boston is 20 miles from Foxboro, while the Forum is TEN miles from the Staples Center Great comparison - thank you very much!! Also fail to see why you continue to answer me, but no one else.  Face it, you're wrong on several issues, and you should have kept your mouth shut. MN   - 5 titles Inglewood - 5 titles LA - 6 Total for the lakers is still 16 - but at 3 different venues - ahhh, California!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I reply you the most because I respect your right to be wrong. I thought I made it right with you already. If the Lakers moved to Anaheim, which is also about 20-22 miles, change their name to the Califnia Lakers,and they win a title, Los Angeles fans could not say we got 17 because they don't belong to us. The Lakers franchise could still claim 17 though. Same way that Minneapolis can claim 5 but not the current 16. Whatever city that inherits a franchise, inherits their history as well.  In the scenario above, Anaheim fans could say their Lakers have won 17 even though they'd won only once since moving there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Inglewood is just a a couple of miles from L.A and and is in Los Angeles County. Pats are way beyond Boston, similar distance of Los Angeles to Anaheim and Anaheim is in Orange County. Not a good comparison at all.
    Posted by lakersavenger

According to MapQuest Staples Center is THIRTY miles from Anaheim.  You DID make it right with me, so leave me alone and I will do the same.  Keep telling me I'm wrong, or questioning every one of my posts, and I am relentless, it's the Irish in me.  Ask your buddy MajicMVP!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from larry1717. Show larry1717's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : According to MapQuest Staples Center is THIRTY miles from Anaheim.  You DID make it right with me, so leave me alone and I will do the same.  Keep telling me I'm wrong, or questioning every one of my posts, and I am relentless, it's the Irish in me.  Ask your buddy MajicMVP!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

He is a complete DUMMY!  Stop feeding the DUMMY!  If you like the word Troll better than Dummy, please substitute!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : How is this possible? 21st is a Celtic fan saying the Lakers are loaded from PG-Center and MajicMVP, the die-hard Laker troll, disagrees. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34

How isn't this possible? This stunt is so easy to play:

MajicMVP: The Celtics of 2011 are the most talented team in the history of the NBA.

Fierce: Thank you.

MajicMVP: Thus the Celtics are a bunch of chokers. How can this "most talented team in the history of the NBA" choke 4-1 against LeChoke of all people?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : If you follow pro basketball a 13 point lead is nothing. How about your Laker team blowing a 24 or 26 point lead in game 4 of the 2008 finals? Now that was a monumental choke.
    Posted by jaytf25

I follow basketball and know that 13-point lead is nothing, but posters here who know nothing about basketball claimed that their 13-point lead was on their way to victory, then David Stern ordered the refs to intervene with 37 FTs...

Then in that case, David Stern must be fond of the sight of Celtics choking...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : I follow basketball and know that 13-point lead is nothing, but posters here who know nothing about basketball claimed that their 13-point lead was on their way to victory, then David Stern ordered the refs to intervene with 37 FTs... Then in that case, David Stern must be fond of the sight of Celtics choking...
    Posted by MajicMVP

Like I said a 26 pont lead is monumental. Yes that was tough seeing the Lakers go to the free throw line more but I know the Lakers were the better team as do most Celtic posters even if they don't admit it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

This is the failure thread of all-time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Can you show us the post where we had that conversation? The most talented team in the history of the NBA to choke was the 2004 Lakers featuring Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree, that team not winning was a EPIC failure. I remember everyone here in LA acting as if they already won the Championship, WRONG!!! This was by far the most talented team to choke!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Can you show us the post where we had that conversation? The most talented team in the history of the NBA to choke was the 2004 Lakers featuring Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Don't you see that's a hypothetical conversation?

You try to build up your opposition as the most talented bunch, and then slap it as chokers when they don't win. Afterall, who would have said that the Lakers were loaded from PG to center, huh?

I would say the most talented team in the history of NBA would be the 2011 Celtics, 4 HOFers plus an all-star on the rise. Of course, then I can say that they choked.

"They didn't have HCA", you say?

Then they choked by not winning 70 games and get HCA throughout the playoffs, no excuse.

"Their HOF center got injured", you say?

No excuse, injury is part of the game. Apparently you didn't give the benefit to the 2004 Lakers even though Malone was injured in the finals.

Anything more?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Don't you see that's a hypothetical conversation? You try to build up your opposition as the most talented bunch, and then slap it as chokers when they don't win. Afterall, who would have said that the Lakers were loaded from PG to center , huh? I would say the most talented team in the history of NBA would be the 2011 Celtics, 4 HOFers plus an all-star on the rise. Of course, then I can say that they choked. "They didn't have HCA", you say? Then they choked by not winning 70 games and get HCA throughout the playoffs, no excuse. "Their HOF center got injured", you say? No excuse, injury is part of the game. Apparently you didn't give the benefit to the 2004 Lakers even though Malone was injured in the finals. Anything more?
    Posted by MajicMVP

Who said the 2011 Celtics are the best team in NBA history?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Who said the 2011 Celtics are the best team in NBA history?
    Posted by Tachometrix

I did. Look at the # HOFers.

If not, who said the 2011 Lakers were loaded from PG to Center?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : I did. Look at the # HOFers. If not, who said the 2011 Lakers were loaded from PG to Center?
    Posted by MajicMVP

Got news for you, what you say is irrelevant because you're a troll. 

21st was the one who said the Lakers were loaded. That's his opinion. You expect us to believe what 21st says is what all Celtic fans believe? How old are you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Got news for you, what you say is irrelevant because you're a troll.  21st was the one who said the Lakers were loaded. That's his opinion. You expect us to believe what 21st says is what all Celtic fans believe? How old are you?
    Posted by Tachometrix

And Fierce also said that the 2004 Lakers were the best team in history, do you believe him too? or is he merely a troll?

Do you think this trick of building up the Lakers' talent and then trash them when they lost is a stunt that we don't know? I mean, an eye for an eye, or are you too infant to know about that?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : The Celtics had 4 HOFers in 2011? Who? KG, Pierce, Ray, and Shaq are not yet in the hall of fame if that's what you mean.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yep, those 4. You dare say that they are not HOF locks?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html

HOF probability:

Shaq: 1.0000
    KG: .9986
    Pierce: .9759
    RA: .9466

Every player who's been eligible with a prob. of over .85 has been in.

Among the eligible players, the one with the highest probability but hasn't been elected is Jojo White, at .8427.

So nice try.

But of course, if they don't want to be in the HOF, there are always ways. Pull an OJ Simpson, Pete Rose or Mark McGwire, then they probably won't make it...

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts