Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

One of my great joys in life is seeing Boston get tantalyzingly close to a title of any kind and see it wither away at the last moment. Tonight I will be enjoying my Scotch as I celebrate another Boston game 7 finals loss 2 years in a row. Hey, after tonight, you call all say you got back-to-backs. We can call it a rebeat.

MUHOOHAHAHAHAHA!

TONIGHT YOU GONNA GET CANUCKED

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...

Vancouver is the favored team, and at home.  Don't see how that is a collapse.  Now MLB playoffs 2004 - THAT was a collapse.  Go Sox!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...:
    Vancouver is the favored team, and at home.  Don't see how that is a collapse. 
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Easy, if the Boston team blows a 2-goal lead in the last period, like another Boston team did to a 13-point lead...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Easy, if the Boston team blows a 2-goal lead in the last period, like another Boston team did to a 13-point lead...
    Posted by MajicMVP

Again, I'll try to explain this so even you can understand it -
    The
    Favored
    Team (Vancouver, MIA, Lakers last year, Yankees in 2004)
    Can
    Collapse

The
    Underdog (Bruins this year, Celtics last year, Red Sox in 2004)
    Cannot!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Again, I'll try to explain this so even you can understand it - The Favored Team (Vancouver, MIA, Lakers last year, Yankees in 2004) Can Collapse The Underdog (Bruins this year, Celtics last year, Red Sox in 2004) Cannot!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Saved your explanation for lunch. You aren't capable of doing it.

A collapse is not limited to the (pre-tip-off) favored team. A team blowing a 13 point lead in the 2nd half is also a collapse...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Saved your explanation for lunch. You aren't capable of doing it. A collapse is not limited to the (pre-tip-off) favored team. A team blowing a 13 point lead in the 2nd half is also a collapse...
    Posted by MajicMVP

Lakers were favored, Lakers won - PERIOD!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

from an area that can't keep 2 let alone 1 football team, the Clippers  ... please ... the Dodger's not being able to make payroll ... the Kings? Have they ever won anything? ... I'd rather be tantalyzingly close then never to be relevevant

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Lakers were favored, Lakers won - PERIOD!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Celtics blew a 13-point lead, it's a collapse, whether you like it or not. No more argument.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

from an area that can't keep 2 let alone 1 football team, the Clippers  ... please ... the Dodger's not being able to make payroll ... the Kings? Have they ever won anything? ... I'd rather be tantalyzingly close then never to be relevevant
    Posted by slakrking

Now they want a football team.  There is a company that is offering 1 BILLION dollars to build a stadium.  ZERO tax-payer costs.  The politicians are arguing over the naming rights (the city wants some of the money, without putting up any of it).  Let's hope they take the Steelers (tongue in cheek), that way they can begin their LA career with SIX titles!!
    LA Steelers!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away...:
    One of my great joys in life is seeing Boston get tantalyzingly close to a title of any kind and see it wither away at the last moment. Tonight I will be enjoying my Scotch as I celebrate another Boston game 7 finals loss 2 years in a row. Hey, after tonight, you call all say you got back-to-backs. We can call it a rebeat. MUHOOHAHAHAHAHA! TONIGHT YOU GONNA GET CANUCKED
    Posted by lakersavenger

One thing you won't get to witness....is a sweep! Something being a Faker fan you're quite used to. Why waste your cheap Scotch on the Kings or Ducks....when they can't spell the word playoffs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Posted by slakrking

So you acknowledge that the Lakers 31 finals appearances make the Lakers much more relevant than the Celtics 21 appearances.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Now they want a football team.  There is a company that is offering 1 BILLION dollars to build a stadium.  ZERO tax-payer costs.  The politicians are arguing over the naming rights (the city wants some of the money, without putting up any of it).  Let's hope they take the Steelers (tongue in cheek), that way they can begin their LA career with SIX titles!! LA Steelers!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Well, that means that Boston and L.A. have something in common, neither town has a football team since both ours teams left but kept their names.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Well, that means that Boston and L.A. have something in common, neither town has a football team since both ours teams left but kept their names.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Moot point - that's like saying all the titles the Lakers won in the 80's aren't yours since the Fabulous Forum was technically in Inglewood.  And don't even try to deny it, I was there!!

So:

MN - 5
    Inglewood - 5
    LA - 6

Is that what you're saying?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Moot point - that's like saying all the titles the Lakers won in the 80's aren't yours since the Fabulous Forum was technically in Inglewood.  And don't even try to deny it, I was there!! So: MN - 5 Inglewood - 5 LA - 6 Is that what you're saying?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Come on, Foxborough isn't even in the same county as Boston. Inglewood is in LOS ANGELES COUNTY. Big difference. They kept the name Los Angeles Lakers unlike the patriots who call themselves the New England Patriots because they now represent the region. I'm not saying the Patriots FRANCHISE doesn't have a couple of titles, I'm saying Boston NEVER  has had an NFL title. Just like the Rams franchise has 3 NFL titles but Los Angeles had only one of those, but also one from the Los Angeles Raiders for a total of 2. Boston made one appearance in the NFL championship in the '30's but lost as usual. The Los Angeles Lakers have 11 titles but the LAKERS FRANCHISE has a total of 16. So the Boston Celtics FRANCHISE leads the Lakers FRANCHISE 17-16.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Celtics blew a 13-point lead, it's a collapse, whether you like it or not. No more argument.
    Posted by MajicMVP

No A team blowing a 20+ point lead on their HOME COURT like our Lakers did in 2008 is a collapse. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : Come on, Foxborough isn't even in the same county as Boston. Inglewood is in LOS ANGELES COUNTY. Big difference. They kept the name Los Angeles Lakers unlike the patriots who call themselves the New England Patriots because they now represent the region. I'm not saying the Patriots FRANCHISE doesn't have a couple of titles, I'm saying Boston NEVER  has had an NFL title. Just like the Rams franchise has 3 NFL titles but Los Angeles had only one of those, but also one from the Los Angeles Raiders for a total of 2. Boston made one appearance in the NFL championship in the '30's but lost as usual. The Los Angeles Lakers have 11 titles but the LAKERS FRANCHISE has a total of 16. So the Boston Celtics FRANCHISE leads the Lakers FRANCHISE 17-16.
    Posted by lakersavenger

My counter to your ridiculous "argument" is that counties are much smaller in MA because we don't have as many people.  And if the Pats moved to Foxboro with the same ownership and kept the name, then you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.  For God's sake the Tonight Show's intro used to be "From Hollywood, the Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson...."  Everyone knows it filmed in Burbank - are you serious with this?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : So you acknowledge that the Lakers 31 finals appearances make the Lakers much more relevant than the Celtics 21 appearances.
    Posted by lakersavenger

The funny thing is that no matter how hard this "lakersavenger" character tries to convince us (on a Celtics board!) on how great the Lakers are. We all (Celtics, Laker, and basketball fans in general) know that Boston always kicks the Lakers *ss. Always. The Lakers may have gotten the title last year but the consensus among basketball fans is that Boston was robbed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AvengingCelticFan. Show AvengingCelticFan's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : No A team blowing a 20+ point lead on their HOME COURT like our Lakers did in 2008 is a collapse. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

As a lifelong Celtic fanatic I cannot agree, Rico, our Celtics just threw away last year's finals and can't go around blaming anyone but ourselves. As much as it pains me to say it, we collapsed last year. The Lakers, as much as I hate them, were clearly the better team. Let's just hope we get to 18 first. That's all I can say other than we got real lucky in '08 because Bynum was out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If the Bruins were to win tonight, that would mean the Pats, Sox, Celtic's, and Bruins would have all won championships from 2005 to 2011!!  Try finding another city that has won all four major titles in a six year span!!!  Now all we need is for the Bruins to win!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : As a lifelong Celtic fanatic I cannot agree, Rico, our Celtics just threw away last year's finals and can't go around blaming anyone but ourselves. As much as it pains me to say it, we collapsed last year. The Lakers, as much as I hate them, were clearly the better team. Let's just hope we get to 18 first. That's all I can say other than we got real lucky in '08 because Bynum was out.
    Posted by AvengingCelticFan

Agreed right up until the last sentence.  Cheap shot artist Bynum would not have made ANY difference in the Finals that year, laker fan.  You were LUCKY to get Gasol after Bynum got hurt.  That trade wouldn't have happened otherwise!

Nice try, Rico!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Another Boston game 7 collapse just hours away... : As a lifelong Celtic fanatic I cannot agree, Rico, our Celtics just threw away last year's finals and can't go around blaming anyone but ourselves. As much as it pains me to say it, we collapsed last year. The Lakers, as much as I hate them, were clearly the better team. Let's just hope we get to 18 first. That's all I can say other than we got real lucky in '08 because Bynum was out.

Hey Sybil, you may be going by a different name but we all know that you, rico, and thelakersavenger are all one and the same! You are such an idiot!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Why don't you just call yourself Shirley Ardell Mason? The chicken sh*t whose personalities split as a result of the Lakers being on the receiving end of countless beatings by the Boston Celtics!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AvengingCelticFan. Show AvengingCelticFan's posts

If the Bruins were to win tonight, that would mean the Pats, Sox, Celtic's, and Bruins would have all won championships from 2005 to 2011!!  Try finding another city that has won all four major titles in a six year span!!!  Now all we need is for the Bruins to win!!
    Posted by kyceltic

But we cant claim Pat titles because they weren't here in Boston when they won. As much as I want to say they won twice, it just wasn't in our town. Our Bruins haven't anything yet but lets hope for tonight.

go bruins. go celtics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Your continuing masquerade as a Celtics Fan (one post? Give me a break) is getting awfully old..

Can't you find something -- anything -- better to do with your seemingly worthless life?  The weather's great in LA.  There are beaches with beautiful women on them.  Pickup B-ball games to play.  Movies to see.  Cars to oggle. Women's underwear to put on when your mother's at work.  Even video games to play in dark basements (where there are basements).  The kick you get out of insulting people you don't know 3000 miles away is absolutely psycho.  Isn't summer camp starting soon?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Hey Number6Fan, that Lakersavenger character isn't into women. He is a back-door man.

Sections
Shortcuts