Another Combo Guard?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Re: Another Combo Guard?

just another combo that won't get the due time needed to develop. I'd rather we take a chance on a rebounder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

ESPN's Chad Ford has the Celtic's taking Jermey Tyler! I like Tyler, Marshon Brooks and Justin Harper, more than i do Jackson. Most mock drafts have Jackson going between 35 and 40!!  If Ainge likes him so much maybe he can move up in the second round and get him!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Another Combo Guard?:
    [QUOTE] ESPN's Chad Ford has the Celtic's taking Jermey Tyler! I like Tyler, Marshon Brooks and Justin Harper, more than i do Jackson. Most mock drafts have Jackson going between 35 and 40!!  If Ainge likes him so much maybe he can move up in the second round and get him!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Agreed. We should take Tyler in the 1st. The kid is 6'11 260 and has tremendous upside. Yes, he is raw, but with KG teaching him the ropes, he can be good. I like what Jeff Clark of Celticsblog said about trading up and getting JaJuan Johnson in the 2nd.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/6/15/2224341/one-mans-plan-for-the-celtics-offseason#storyjump

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Combo Guard? : Agreed. We should take Tyler in the 1st. The kid is 6'11 260 and has tremendous upside. Yes, he is raw, but with KG teaching him the ropes, he can be good. I like what Jeff Clark of Celticsblog said about trading up and getting JaJuan Johnson in the 2nd. http://www.celticsblog.com/2011/6/15/2224341/one-mans-plan-for-the-celtics-offseason#storyjump
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Vucevic can be a starting center by playoff time if he plays the entire regular season and Tyler will take two or more years to develop. Leuer is their pick per Hoopsworld and I'd be alright with that as well over another guard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Combo Guard? : Vucevic can be a starting center by playoff time if he plays the entire regular season and Tyler will take two or more years to develop. Leuer is their pick per Hoopsworld and I'd be alright with that as well over another guard.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Didn't you bet on Anthony Tolliver having better statistics than Big Baby last season? How did that work out for ya?

Only a fraud would say Vucevic would be a starting C in the NBA playoffs next season. Someone that reneges on a bet is certainly a fraud. Didn't you renege on that Anthony Tolliver bet?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Combo Guard? : Didn't you bet on Anthony Tolliver having better statistics than Big Baby last season? How did that work out for ya? Only a fraud would say Vucevic would be a starting C in the NBA playoffs next season. Someone that reneges on a bet is certainly a fraud. Didn't you renege on that Anthony Tolliver bet?
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

So according to you there are a good number of experts that don't know what their talking about but you do?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]25. CELTICS Reggie Jackson 6-3 209 G  www.bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true&topic=Boston+College&mode=score&sorting=pubdate " /> Boston College  He’s canceled workouts for some teams lately, leading to the rumor he’s hurt. But he may actually be going higher than here. If available, the Celts have to love his shooting and athleticism. http://bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1347402&format=&page=2&listingType=celt#articleFull
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

So you are predicting the C's will pick Jackson at #25?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Combo Guard? : Vucevic can be a starting center by playoff time if he plays the entire regular season and Tyler will take two or more years to develop. Leuer is their pick per Hoopsworld and I'd be alright with that as well over another guard.

I agree this would be the safest, best pick for us

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Combo Guard? : So you are predicting the C's will pick Jackson at #25?

Baiting Fierce to another bet?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trcamp. Show trcamp's posts

I don't understand the reasoning that the pick will be a guard. The one and two guard positions seem to be covered by a nice combination of younger players and veterans - Rondo, Avery, Ray, Delonte (assuming we keep him). It seems to me that the biggest need is someone who can rebound and defend the middle. There probably won't be anyone available at pick 25 who can do that THIS SEASON, so my preference is to trade draft picks and Davis for a veteran. I have not read or heard anything about whether there is a way to get something for Davis. Does anyone know this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I've never seen Reggie Jackson play basketball. I've seen him hit homeruns. In other words I have no idea who this guy is.

I'm hoping Marshon Brooks is the pick in the 1st and Skeen the pick in the 2nd.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Seriously if he picks another TWEENER, Im gonna flip out!!! He loves tweeners, bradley,pruitt,walker,giddens. Pick a guy who can freakin play a position!!
    And how can he even consider another wing player with our roster. Da even says a guy at the  25th pick has a very low success rate (i think he said like 6%) so he might as well get a big body. I like tompkins, tyler or jajuan johnson at 25.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

I think its obvious we're going the status quo scheme, moving up in first round is too expensive and we'll keep #25 and #55 and try to buy another mid 30 - 45
    2nd round pick (Avery Bradley for height?)

#25 - Take the long view and potential on J. Tyler
    #34-45 (if deal can be made) for one of JJ Johnson, Trey Thompkins or J Leuer
    #55 J Skeen or V Macklin or Lighty/Liggins/Moore type - I'd lean towards bigs because it is harder to pick up height via FA due to cap limitations then wings. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Everbody keeps saying how week this draft is and yes I dont' see a LeBron, Partick Ewing, Larry Bird or MJ. However, the more I think about it it doesn't look like such a bad draft from power forwards. I like Justin Harper at 25.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

So much for the Reggie Jackson talk ...

Per John Hollinger Live Chat @ ESPN:

Poster: "Do you see the Heat buying or trading up tonight to FINALLY secure some development projects?"

JH: "Word on the street is they shut down Reggie Jackson's workouts by promising they'd take him at 31 and give him a first-rounder type of contract."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Like the Tyler, Brooks, Harper line.  Answers needs, if, of course, any can make the adjustment and play sooner rather than later.  Any one of them can fit and probably contribute.  If they'd draft a limited Perkins why not a gifted Tyler. The knocks on him have to do with immaturity, but after all this is a kid who left high school after his junior year and left his comfort zone.  I'm not certain that most kids would have done appreciably better.  Put him among vets and get him to understand his role and he could begin to mature into becoming a monster.  He doesn't have all the tools yet but with the right coach and the right environment where he isn't expected to be "the" star, he should do well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]So much for the Reggie Jackson talk ... Per John Hollinger Live Chat @ ESPN: Poster: "Do you see the Heat buying or trading up tonight to FINALLY secure some development projects?" JH: "Word on the street is they shut down Reggie Jackson's workouts by promising they'd take him at 31 and give him a first-rounder type of contract."

bet you that if the C's dont get their hands on a big, they will go for Jackson. I personally wouldnt mind, the guy can play but I rather see them getting a center

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I doubt any of these guys is going to help us this year or even next for that matter.  The question is will Ainge have any patience to keep anyone that could pan out later on.  Maybe we should just trade the pick and get a veteran help now rather than giving these guys away for nothing later.