Another Disappointing Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pine8ball. Show pine8ball's posts

Another Disappointing Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat Orlando, and lose to Charlotte minus their best player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Another Disappointing Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Celtics only got 15 points from the bench. That's just not good enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

This loss is both disappointing and stupid. Once again, the team played down to its opposition. Guys were just standing around on defense in the fourth quarter and Rondo was playing like a misguided missile. Totally uninspiring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Listen, it's injuries and it's scheduling.  Shaq out, Erden out, West out, JO out, Daniels out...I mean it's hard to win when almost half your team is on the shelf even if the core players are there, harder for the Celtics because of the age of the core players. 

As to scheduling the Celtics are now 2-7 when they're playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back on the road.  The loss to Cleveland set the tone for this in Game 2 of the season.  That's 7 of 13 losses.  How many playoff games are back-to-back?  None.  These are losses that kill us in the race w/ Miami, Spurs for homecourt but at this point I guess we should just expect losses in these games.  I mean they've lost to Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Washington, Phoenix and now Charlotte in these 2nd night on road games.  It's upsetting but it is explainable and come playoff time these games'll be long forgotten.  Now let's beat the Lakers and the Heat!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We can name a bunch of losses like this....Phoenix, Houston, Washington, Cleveland, Toronto.   Its hard to figure out which one we look worst in!   Man, they just drive me crazy on nights like this but I've learned to lower my expectations for this older team.   Wish we didn't have so many darned injuries.....and to players we never expected to be out this much!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bob5050540. Show bob5050540's posts

This is a disappointing loss because it takes away from a good win yesterday. It gets old after a while when you continue to lose to lesser teams. I know it happens but they have to put these teams away and I think the bench is where it begins. Look at the second and fourth quarters and they continue to put these guys in a hole when we get a lead. I know there are injuries but 13 points i think it was tonight that is not going to cut it and I just hope they have the fire to beat the Lakers and the Heat before New Jersey. Also, what do you guys think? Where was Semi tonight and do you think he would have helped? We got beat on the boards big time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It will not get any better. If Nate and Wafer can't produce points off the bench the Celtics are likely going to lose to the Lakers and the Heat. The bench has been one of the Celtics' strengths this season. Without it I don't think the Celtics will have enough firepower to beat teams like the Heat and the Bulls in the east and the Spurs and Lakers in the west.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticjay. Show celticjay's posts

In Response to Re: Another Disappointing Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]It will not get any better. If Nate and Wafer can't produce points off the bench the Celtics are likely going to lose to the Lakers and the Heat. The bench has been one of the Celtics' strengths this season. Without it I don't think the Celtics will have enough firepower to beat teams like the Heat and the Bulls in the east and the Spurs and Lakers in the west.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

It's only one game and it was the trap game of all trap games.   Yet, its still hard to brush aside the fact that the shoddy bench is getting thinner and worse...  Can't wait for Delonte and but Shaq, Semi, JO and Quis are all huge question marks.  Shaq seems to have hit the buffet again.  Dude looks much bigger than a couple of months ago..  JO is done, Quis won't be assertive if he comes back this year.   Ray and Pierce have gone throught the season without any troubles.  What happens when one of them misses a game or 2.  Not a fun thing to consider.   Not sure what can be done, but this Laker game will be tough without some of subs...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]Listen, it's injuries and it's scheduling.  Shaq out, Erden out, West out, JO out, Daniels out...I mean it's hard to win when almost half your team is on the shelf even if the core players are there, harder for the Celtics because of the age of the core players.  As to scheduling the Celtics are now 2-7 when they're playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back on the road.  The loss to Cleveland set the tone for this in Game 2 of the season.  That's 7 of 13 losses.  How many playoff games are back-to-back?  None.  These are losses that kill us in the race w/ Miami, Spurs for homecourt but at this point I guess we should just expect losses in these games.  I mean they've lost to Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Chicago, Washington, Phoenix and now Charlotte in these 2nd night on road games.  It's upsetting but it is explainable and come playoff time these games'll be long forgotten.  Now let's beat the Lakers and the Heat!
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]
    Good post.  Long season, old team, playoffs is when the fun begins

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Team only dressed 10 players. You could figure 50/50 for the outcome. No big deal in my opinion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Call it what you want but I will say it again. We are deep on paper but don't have an effective bench. Can you understand the difference??

You can't blame injuries because some of these bad losses are when we had everyone but Perk.

SOmeone asked me the other day what the biggest problem was on one of these threads. Just as I stated it's playing up to the compeitition and playing down to the competition...yesterday and today proved that point.

I will stop suggesting trades and moves. I will just sit back and listen and wait for the calvary of Shaq and West to come back. LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Call it what you want but I will say it again. We are deep on paper but don't have an effective bench. Can you understand the difference?? You can't blame injuries because some of these bad losses are when we had everyone but Perk. SOmeone asked me the other day what the biggest problem was on one of these threads. Just as I stated it's playing up to the compeitition and playing down to the competition...yesterday and today proved that point. I will stop suggesting trades and moves. I will just sit back and listen and wait for the calvary of Shaq and West to come back. LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

You're not going to sign Jerry Stackhouse anymore?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

One thing that's not brought up much concerning the development of an effective bench is the Celtics' practice schedule.
    Gaining competency with the C's system requires practice.
    1.  To help ensure his veteran starters don't burn out over the course of the regular season, Doc schedules practices infrequently.
    2.  Injuries compound this problem, as Celtics may at times lack enough players to field two teams.
    So while Doc is conserving his starters, the development of an effective bench suffers at the same time.
    I guess you can't have everything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Call it what you want but I will say it again. We are deep on paper but don't have an effective bench. Can you understand the difference?? You can't blame injuries because some of these bad losses are when we had everyone but Perk. SOmeone asked me the other day what the biggest problem was on one of these threads. Just as I stated it's playing up to the compeitition and playing down to the competition...yesterday and today proved that point. I will stop suggesting trades and moves. I will just sit back and listen and wait for the calvary of Shaq and West to come back. LOL!
    How many loses came on the second of a back to back? Maybe its age?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Disappointing Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : How many loses came on the second of a back to back? Maybe its age?
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

We are 5 wins and 7 losses on the 2nd night of a back to back.  Of the Celtics 13 losses, 7 are from these back to backs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

That's right figure out all the stats and reasons. There's got to be a reason why a team this good with such a great bench loses these games.

GO back in the lab and keep working hard to figure it out. I'll be here waiting. LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another Disappointing Loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : We are 5 wins and 7 losses on the 2nd night of a back to back.  Of the Celtics 13 losses, 7 are from these back to backs.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Thank you for the info.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Maybe it's parity. Maybe if you look at the rest of the league the players are so talented that these types of loses become more common. No stats to speak of, just throwing out thoughts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]That's right figure out all the stats and reasons. There's got to be a reason why a team this good with such a great bench loses these games. GO back in the lab and keep working hard to figure it out. I'll be here waiting. LOL!

You'll just be waiting? You're not going to sign Mikki Moore or Jerry Stackhouse?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]That's right figure out all the stats and reasons. There's got to be a reason why a team this good with such a great bench loses these games. GO back in the lab and keep working hard to figure it out. I'll be here waiting. LOL!

Nation asked a question and I answered it directly.  Try it sometimes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The only reason all of this matters is the home court advantage.  Its not a trend to worry about in the playoffs because we'll get days off and just like last year, we'll be focused every night and our defense will matter more.   So, while the only real "hurt" here is that we could lose home court advantage, I still believe we will be dominant in the playoffs due to the deep bench (I'm assuming that Shaq, West, Semih, and Quis will be back....and perhaps even JON although I'm less sure about JON).

Go Celts!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Weight broke the bridge!

Keep waiting but nothing is guaranteed. These games are inexcusable. It's ok for it to happen 2-3 times but this IS A TREND. It's a trend that should be taken seriously. The reason is with all the injuries it puts stress on other players to play harder and longer. Like when you rehab a injury, it helps that injury but then another part of your body isn' responding properly.

So right now I'm just hoping no one else goes down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

As long as we beat Orl Mia and LA losing to these lower teams doesnt matter.... right P34?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotty09. Show scotty09's posts

this was last Friday Dallas all over again---younger guys attacking the boards and scoring, while the Cetics were throwing up brick after brick. Don't you see a pattern here?
    we don't have any good young shooters we can go to...why?...because Rivers does not develop them.........his achilles heel is beginning to show........same old rotation and plays.....which brings me to Rondo, who was once again very erratic in his plays..........is this because
    A) all the other teams have studied his plays and now defend better against him?
    B) he is not 100% and has been playing hurt since his ankle injury?
    .....this is an unbalanced team that plays like your car running on 3 cylinders instead of 4.....want to see a team that runs on all 4 cylinders consistently? = San Antonio
    ....I am pessimistic that this team does not have what the old Montreal Canadiens used to have against the Bruins = steady class, and an ability to win at home or away, as much a matter of pride and tradition as of talent.....I do not see this team making it thro the playoff rounds unless they change their attitude and regard a win as a privilege not a right
    ........and I am still worried that Rivers has put all his eggs in one basket = Rondo, with no Plan B.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]As long as we beat Orl Mia and LA losing to these lower teams doesnt matter.... right P34?
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Right! 

The Celtics are not going to go 82-0. Might as well lose to irrelevant teams than lose to teams like Mia, Orl, and the Lakers. 

Seriously, the Celtics are not a young team, a letdown like tonight is not uncommon. 

Before the season started I had the Celtics winning 57 games and it looks like they're on pace to reach that number.

Sections
Shortcuts