Another game decided by the almighty referee(s)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Another game decided by the almighty referee(s)

Terrible, terrible officiating tonight. The ticky-tack foul calls in the second half, and the subsequent technical fouls against Rondo and Doc were shameful.

I think we can all agree that basketball is an incredibly difficult sport to officiate, but the inconsistency with which games are officiated, and the lack of accountability for botched calls is what brings the NBA down.

It's better to be an NCAA basketball fan nowadays.

My love for the Celtics will always pull me back to some extent, but I'm going to do my best to distance myself from this tainted, and likely 'fixed' sport.

I'll have fun watching the Patriots make an attempt at a Super Bowl run, as opposed to wasting my time and stress over this sport, which is rotten from the top down.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Re: Another game decided by the almighty referee(s)

Wow, the blind blaming the refs. Once again so called Boston fans blaming losses on the refs.

Grow up....ugh!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Another game decided by the almighty referee(s):
    [QUOTE]Please. You should be ashamed. The Celts only got 2 offensive rebounds and 35 total rebounds. The Mavs had 12 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds. It's not like the refs were preventing the Celts from getting those rebounds. Did you even see the game?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I wathched every second of the game and saw the atrocious calls. I also saw the Celts get crushed on the boards, but how is one any worse than the other?

Fact is, if the refs hadn't botched those calls, this game would've had a different outcome.

The personal jabs and posts laced with insults aren't appreciated.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Please. You should be ashamed. The Celts only got 2 offensive rebounds and 35 total rebounds. The Mavs had 12 offensive rebounds and 43 total rebounds. It's not like the refs were preventing the Celts from getting those rebounds. Did you even see the game?

I agree with you that their lack of rebounding is killing them this year.  We really need another big man to help in this area.  Just not sure that this will happen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Vertigho,
    You really don't seem engaged in the reality of the Celtics at this time.

Save yourself the aggravation and remember other than trolls we all are lamenting and dealing with the decline of this team.  The team is awful and it is really disappointing for people on this BB.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Another game decided by the almighty referee(s):
    [QUOTE]Terrible, terrible officiating tonight. The ticky-tack foul calls in the second half, and the subsequent technical fouls against Rondo and Doc were shameful. I think we can all agree that basketball is an incredibly difficult sport to officiate, but the inconsistency with which games are officiated, and the lack of accountability for botched calls is what brings the NBA down. It's better to be an NCAA basketball fan nowadays. My love for the Celtics will always pull me back to some extent, but I'm going to do my best to distance myself from this tainted, and likely 'fixed' sport. I'll have fun watching the Patriots make an attempt at a Super Bowl run, as opposed to wasting my time and stress over this sport, which is rotten from the top down.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

By all means, find another sport.

Another "luv the Cs but hate the sport" poor loser type.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

this thread makes me dizzy!
    Really now, the refs?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another game decided by the almighty referee(s) : A case of vertigho?
    Yup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

In Response to Another game decided by the almighty referee(s):
    [QUOTE]Terrible, terrible officiating tonight. The ticky-tack foul calls in the second half, and the subsequent technical fouls against Rondo and Doc were shameful. I think we can all agree that basketball is an incredibly difficult sport to officiate, but the inconsistency with which games are officiated, and the lack of accountability for botched calls is what brings the NBA down. It's better to be an NCAA basketball fan nowadays. My love for the Celtics will always pull me back to some extent, but I'm going to do my best to distance myself from this tainted, and likely 'fixed' sport. I'll have fun watching the Patriots make an attempt at a Super Bowl run, as opposed to wasting my time and stress over this sport, which is rotten from the top down.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    You can't be serious? I'm one of the biggest Cs fans in existence and you ought to be ashamed to even post this thread! Blaming it on the refs. One man fast breaks, Allen not bending over to get a bad pass for a game tying attempt, PP posing as the Pillbury dough boy, The Big Ticket reduced to a stub and you wanna blame the refs. How bout blaming DA for this horrendous product of a team that he has devised. Blame me! But spare the refs in this case.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Rebounds mean everything, they had how many second chance and even third chance points? At least 15 to 0 there's the game right there. We let them get offensive rebounds and second chance points all game long, it was terrible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottybass. Show scottybass's posts

i partly agree with vertigho. the calls (non-calls, more so) were atrocious. i was flipping between csn/espn and even van gundy acknowledged some terrible whistles. we all know that espn is very league/ref friendly, so to hear VG say it on a national broadcast was pretty telling.

KG reminded me of reggie williams with his sneaky, dirty plays. the carlisle ejection non-call was one thing, and there were at least 2 other instances of KG holding hands under the basket. looks like he's gonna have to resort to that type of play because he clearly can't keep up... he's smart enough not to hold his shorts during free throws, but the scouting reports on him are out and he's been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

where i disagree with vertigho is that this game would have been a blowout in dallas' favor had the refs been objective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This BB is going to get quieter and quieter as this season progresses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

vertigho = Tommy Heinsohn

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

While I don't believe the officials kep the Celtics from winning or were the reason they lost (Joey Crawford wasn't there), some of the calls and the techs (Carlisle running on the court sure was worthy) were made from outer space. If there's one thing I hate is an anticipated foul that never comes but is called anyway. Football officials are allowed to say and often do, "Oop, didn't mean to throw the flag", but these NBA idiots will never just admit they made mistake, and hand the ball back to the non-offending team. It seems that when they make one horrendous call, they follow it up with another just to prove the first one was intended and that they are omniscient beings. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Pointing out the terrible officiating is certainly a valid opinion but to blame the outcome as a reason for that putridness is another..In this case the officiating did not effect the outcome..However the smell remains...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

I was very, very impressed with the officiating. One of the best, non biased games I have seen called in years. I salute them.

Sections
Shortcuts