another "Is it time"..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

another "Is it time"..........

... to fire Doc?

....aside from the obvious need to shake up the roster, can we as a board, please entertain the reality, that Doc, plain and simple, is not the greatest coach in the world. I see a complete lack of intensity and motivation in the team, right down the bench. I believe professional atheletes should be self-motivated, but when they abandon that, it's time for the coach to do something, and I just don't see Doc taking charge. We hear things like: "It is what it is", and "Now look.....", accompanied by shoulder shrugs, and sometimes a chuckle like this is no big deal. Yes, it is true that Doc has a respectable win-loss record as our coach, but in all seriousness, how much of that can, and should be attibuted to the sheer talent he has had to work with? Do we really know just how good a coach Doc is, or do we now, perhaps have some insight into the coach he really is: A coach unable to motivate his players. Granted, Doc can draw up a mean play from a time out, and in his defense, has softened to the idea of giving a rookie some playing time, but the latter has not always been the case. We were winning so the total disregard for developing rookies was overlooked. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a Doc hater. I realize he is better than half the coaches out there. I'm just saying that perhaps it is time for a change. Why are we not a great defensive team anymore? Why can't we simply get back to fundamentals? I suggest it is because Doc is not successfully instilling this into this group that has lost the ability to self motivate themselves. Now..to cut Doc a little slack, we do not have one veteran on this team that can go into that locker room and give a motivating Larry Bird type chew out becuase they are not leading by example. I don't know...I'm just getting so depressed watching this team go though the motions. I'm looking for somebody to blame besides the players and I'm sorry but Doc has to be considered a major part of the problem. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: another

In response to jhol's comment:

... to fire Doc?

....aside from the obvious need to shake up the roster, can we as a board, please entertain the reality, that Doc, plain and simple, is not the greatest coach in the world. I see a complete lack of intensity and motivation in the team, right down the bench. I believe professional atheletes should be self-motivated, but when they abandon that, it's time for the coach to do something, and I just don't see Doc taking charge. We hear things like: "It is what it is", and "Now look.....", accompanied by shoulder shrugs, and sometimes a chuckle like this is no big deal. Yes, it is true that Doc has a respectable win-loss record as our coach, but in all seriousness, how much of that can, and should be attibuted to the sheer talent he has had to work with? Do we really know just how good a coach Doc is, or do we now, perhaps have some insight into the coach he really is: A coach unable to motivate his players. Granted, Doc can draw up a mean play from a time out, and in his defense, has softened to the idea of giving a rookie some playing time, but the latter has not always been the case. We were winning so the total disregard for developing rookies was overlooked. Don't get me wrong; I'm not a Doc hater. I realize he is better than half the coaches out there. I'm just saying that perhaps it is time for a change. Why are we not a great defensive team anymore? Why can't we simply get back to fundamentals? I suggest it is because Doc is not successfully instilling this into this group that has lost the ability to self motivate themselves. Now..to cut Doc a little slack, we do not have one veteran on this team that can go into that locker room and give a motivating Larry Bird type chew out becuase they are not leading by example. I don't know...I'm just getting so depressed watching this team go though the motions. I'm looking for somebody to blame besides the players and I'm sorry but Doc has to be considered a major part of the problem. 

First off he has three and half years on a seven million per year contract.  Second of all, and more importantly, he had this team in two finals and one game from a final with what was a very weak frontcourt team in five years. This team is playing so poorly because Danny did not address his big man problem this summer.   If that is Doc's fault for not communicating it to Ainge then it is partially Doc's fault.  But really it is Ainge's fault and it started when he traded Perkins and did not replace him with anyone that could do the job.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

... to fire Doc?

Disagree, as I always do, with the "playing the rookies" thing.

Aside from E'Twaun Moore, there is not one draftee under Danny and Doc who has gone on to great success on another team (that I can think of).  JR Giddens, Lester Hudson, Billy Walker, Luke Harangody, JJ Johnson, Semih Erden..............he played Rondo, he played Perk, he played Jefferson, he played BBD, he played Gomes, he played Powe..............and now he is playing Sully.  Why?  Because he can PLAY!!!!

This really bothers me, when people say this - do you think if we drafted Anthony Davis he'd be on the bench????

GEEZ!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

... to fire Doc?

Disagree, as I always do, with the "playing the rookies" thing.

Aside from E'Twaun Moore, there is not one draftee under Danny and Doc who has gone on to great success on another team (that I can think of).  JR Giddens, Lester Hudson, Billy Walker, Luke Harangody, JJ Johnson, Semih Erden..............he played Rondo, he played Perk, he played Jefferson, he played BBD, he played Gomes, he played Powe..............and now he is playing Sully.  Why?  Because he can PLAY!!!!

This really bothers me, when people say this - do you think if we drafted Anthony Davis he'd be on the bench????

GEEZ!

Point taken on the rookies, but care to address the other points?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Karllost said replace Doc Rivers with Jeff Van Gundy.

You guys agree with that?

No. I want an X Celtic player that still bleeds green and remembers what Celtic pride is all about. He doesn't have to have any coaching experience :)

Sections
Shortcuts