Another JON Post

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Another JON Post

its an umovable 2 ear deal. may as well c if u can get anything from him. give him abreak, rest him and go from there....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, I was away tonight and just got home.  What happened to JON?  What's the injury this time?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

With Perk coming back and Semih showing he can play a little I tend to agree.  I don't think anyone would want JON though. Didn't the Celtics sign him to a 2 year contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The only way another team will agree to take JO is if the Celtics will also agree to accept a bad contract in return.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Any other player willing to contribute and hustle, even if is not as talented as JON, should be more than welcome.

Celtics don't need any more big names to win this championship, they need people willing to do what they're told when they're needed to do it. JON is way beyond that.

We need to trade him for a lesser guy that can bring some hustle, rebounds and do the dirty work.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Another JON Post:
    Petey, I was away tonight and just got home.  What happened to JON?  What's the injury this time?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Same knee that's been bothering him.  It swelled up again and he was out tonight.  He needs playing time to get into shape to contribute more.  If his knee continues to swell and thus keep him out for stretches for the remainder of the season, he'll never get in shape.

Each time he returns from several games out, he has got to regain that stamina and conditioning.  We need to just get someone willing to come in and work at getting rebounds and playing defense.  More important, someone who can stay on the court.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Another JON Post : Same knee that's been bothering him.  It swelled up again and he was out tonight.  He needs playing time to get into shape to contribute more.  If his knee continues to swell and thus keep him out for stretches for the remainder of the season, he'll never get in shape. Each time he returns from several games out, he has got to regain that stamina and conditioning.  We need to just get someone willing to come in and work at getting rebounds and playing defense.  More important, someone who can stay on the court.
    Posted by Petey62

I see.  Thanks for the update.  

I liked how he was starting to come around a little bit but if this is the way its going to be, then he's of no use.  Unfortunately, no one will take him knowing that he can't play unless they plan to waive him and save some money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Another JON Post : I see.  Thanks for the update.   I liked how he was starting to come around a little bit but if this is the way its going to be, then he's of no use.  Unfortunately, no one will take him knowing that he can't play unless they plan to waive him and save some money.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Saving some money is not going to help the Celtics. The owners already have a lot of money. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

P34, I'm talking about some other team saving money by taking JON in a trade and then waiving him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34, I'm talking about some other team saving money by taking JON in a trade and then waiving him.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Even if the team that takes him save some money, it's most likely they would also ask the Celtics to take a bad contract in return. I don't know if Ainge or the owners would want that either. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wow, he sat out last nights game cause of his knee again.

Looks like JON is not gonna be a factor for us, maybe a part time player at best.

With Perk out, Shaq playing poorly & Semi a 3rd string Center on a good day....we're starting to look weak in the middle.  We got 4 centers on the roster and none of them are getting it done right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Another JON Post:
    It's not worth doing this for the remainder of the season.  It's fairly obvious that JON will not stay healthy enough to play with any consistency.  I read a report last week saying he is seriously thinking that this may be his final NBA season. Not knowing if it would even work, I'd propose a trade to Sacramento of JON and Sheed's contract for Samuel Dalembert.  Dalembert is a very serviceable center who wants out of Sacramento.  I just cannot be honest with myself to believe Sac would want JON and Sheed's contract in exchange for an expiring $12million contract. I think the sooner we move JON, the better we'll be.  I just don't see this guy staying healthy enough to ever get in the kind of basketball shape he needs to be in to contribute. The only way he'll get into basketball shape is to play.  If he is incapable of playing, we need to move him.  Sometimes, you just have to admit "it just did not work out".  That has got to be a priority. As talented as I know JON is, it makes no sense to hold onto him in hopes that he can contribute in the playoffs.  He won't be in any kind of shape and we just don't know what he'd give us.
    Posted by Petey62
    I'd just like to verify whether Rasheed still has a live contract with the Celtics. This article on Yahoo Sports claims that Rasheed officially retired August 10, 2010 and his contract was bought out by the team earlier the same month (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Might-the-retired-Rasheed-Wallace-return-in-Febr?urn=nba-263240). I'm only bringing this up for the purpose of determining whether the Celtics indeed have both JON's and Rasheed's contract available for trade purposes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would rather have Rasheed return to the Celtics.  At least he is usually healthy, unlike Jon who is always injured.  It is unfortuante that Rasheed retired

at the end of the season.  We could really use him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Sheed was garbage for most of the regular season. So I dont see it as bad hes not on the roster right now. However, he did pick it up bith ways in the playoffs.

I think we should get him back if he can still play (a big if).

Its clear JON cant be counted on... his knee is no good and if he plays 1/2 the remaining games left i'd be surprised.

Shaq isnt playing like earlier in the season.. maybe hes already tired or maybe we just stopped using him like we should.. big ??

Semi wont win us a title...needs another 3 years to be any good.

Perk..well, who knows what he'll be like. Its not like he was great to begin with.

Smart move seems to be to get another center

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

JON was perfect for what the C's needed...a 3rd option at the 5. Unfortunately, he cannot be depended on due to health reasons. Excluding JON, I still believe the C's can get thru the playoffs with bigs Perk, SON, Semih and KG.
    That being said, I do like Dalembert as a back up, and do feel he would be an improvement over both O'neals and Semih, except for his ridiculous contract 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Another JON Post : Even if the team that takes him save some money, it's most likely they would also ask the Celtics to take a bad contract in return. I don't know if Ainge or the owners would want that either. 
    Posted by P34

Well, I don't know about that.  when teams get to the point where there's no chance and they are restructuring to say money, they want to unload players who cost them.  While a contract we take back might be expensive or too long, the player might still have some value.....ala Bias's favorite Camby or my favorite - Posey.   Not saying automatically do a deal.  I'm saying they are worth evaluating and its not automatic that we get only a bad contract for a worthless player.  

JON wants to retire a Pacer and Pacers may want to unload someone like Posey.  its these kinds of deals that may now at least be worth exploring if JON just can't stay healthy.  That knee may just be shot and if that's true, Danny has to explore his options.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I don't see them being able to trade/move a center with a bum knee in possibly his last year.  Honestly, KG sat out last nights game too so ...

His knee is an issue, all anyone as a fan can really do is hope it gets better and they figure out a treatment to keep it from swelling and getting soar.  It is too bad, but I'd rather roll the dice on taking all year to get him healthy for a playoff run - than to just brush the guy off.  We all saw Sheed stink it up last year to have a pretty good playoff run.  Cross your fingers and hope the same thing happens with JO this year.  What else can you do? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sheed was garbage for most of the regular season. So I dont see it as bad hes not on the roster right now. However, he did pick it up bith ways in the playoffs. I think we should get him back if he can still play (a big if). Its clear JON cant be counted on... his knee is no good and if he plays 1/2 the remaining games left i'd be surprised. Shaq isnt playing like earlier in the season.. maybe hes already tired or maybe we just stopped using him like we should.. big ?? Semi wont win us a title...needs another 3 years to be any good. Perk..well, who knows what he'll be like. Its not like he was great to begin with. Smart move seems to be to get another center
    Posted by Karllost

And where do you want to get that center from?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Dalembert would not be happy as a back-up. If Shaq and Perkins would be willing to back him up then it might work. I think he would be considered a bad contract though and I'm not sure Ainge would want that going into next season. I would shut Jermaine down and get a few experts to see what can be done to fix his knee. If he continues to have problems after that I would buy him out and bring back Wallace or try to trade him with the idea that the other team would buy him out. As far as Wallace I believe he was bought out and can un-retire and become a free agaent. He would have to sign with us for the minimum which I think would be a good move. We might be able to get Dalembert if we could package Perk in the deal. I would be willing to do that. Throw in Jermaine if they want him also. Then you could start Dalembert and bring Shaq of the bench. He would be an upgrade over Perk that's for sure.
    Posted by GAShamrock60

First I think Samuels contract expires this year so Danny doesn't have to worry about going into next year. Don't you think JO has already seen experts to fix his knee.  He was out for over a month I am sure he was examined.  I thought Wallace retired.  Was he bought out?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

I think about a month or six weeks ago, JON himself said that he had arthritis in his knee.  At the time, I said to some friends, "He's done."

I'm sixty, and all I do is walk -- no playing basketball for me.  I have had meniscus tears fixed, but my knee is just not any good.  I have arthritis, and I live from one session of draining fluid/cortisone shot to another session.  My orthopedist has said, beyond a knee replacement, there is not really anything to do except to treat the pain and swelling.  And all I do is walk.  Sadly, I don't see JON playing basketball much longer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

SMH! That's really all I can say. Actually, I'd like to say "I told you so" but I won't. :-)

Get this guy out of town ASAP! I'm not sure anyone will take him because he refuses to play for 2 straight weeks. The guy sat out 3 weeks because of his knee and now it's swelling again?? I don't believe the Dr's are stupid. I just think he's trying to stay with the C's to ride the wave to a ring. If he plays Ainge will trade him...so by not playing no one will wnat him.

Erden played well last night. I like Semih, he tries and he's willing to learn. Get JON off this team by any means necessary. JON for Posey and I don't care if we have to throw in Bradley/Luke or a pick. He's unreliable and soft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

SMH! That's really all I can say. Actually, I'd like to say "I told you so" but I won't. :-) Get this guy out of town ASAP! I'm not sure anyone will take him because he refuses to play for 2 straight weeks. The guy sat out 3 weeks because of his knee and now it's swelling again?? I don't believe the Dr's are stupid. I just think he's trying to stay with the C's to ride the wave to a ring. If he plays Ainge will trade him...so by not playing no one will wnat him. Erden played well last night. I like Semih, he tries and he's willing to learn. Get JON off this team by any means necessary. JON for Posey and I don't care if we have to throw in Bradley/Luke or a pick. He's unreliable and soft.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I like the JON for Posey, but lets not stop there, what do you think of Semih, and Luke, to the Grizzlies for Thabeet, they sent him to the D league recently, but the times i have seen him play, he didn't play all that badly.

Besides i've always wanted to say, And Thabeet goes on!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Another JON Post :  I like the JON for Posey, but lets not stop there, what do you think of Semih, and Luke, to the Grizzlies for Thabeet, they sent him to the D league recently, but the times i have seen him play, he didn't play all that badly.  Besides i've always wanted to say, And Thabeet goes on!!!
    Posted by kyceltic

What I'm really disappointed about is that Danny signed a guy with chronic knee problems without an examination or clause about the knees.  I'm shocked Danny wasn't more clever.   I was a fan of having JON stay and of him coming around after just getting some playing time.  I was wrong....at least about his health.  If he really has a chronic arthritis problem, Danny made a huge mistake and he should undo it any way he can.  TWO years at $5.7M per year????   Huge mistake if the guy has a chronic arthritis condition.   What are physicals for if not to detect this type of issue?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias - that "I was wrong" was for you (smile).   I was wrong about this guy if this chronic issue is true.  You were right in your advocacy in getting rid of him.

Still disagree with you about trading BBD, however (smile).

Sections
Shortcuts