Another not good by the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Another not good by the Celtics

Cs are now in their long term decsent.   What saved DA was McHale giving him KG (and KM lost his job).   This just delayed the inevitable.   Now the Cs have Austin Ainge as the GM!   LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!   Now that you agree w/ me that Melo is a bust (he is mediocre in summer league for a 22nd pick.   I told you Cs shoulda taken JTaylor of Vandy and I don't even work out players.   I just know ball players!) DA is 2 for 14 of his last draft picks making any contribution to the Cs!!   That is horrible!!!   (The Spurs are about 70% over the past decade of at least 1st rounders and have a better % of their 2nd rounders making it than DA's 1st rounders!!!).
       But, what about salaries and players?   There is not one average team (or below) that has not been planning on the end of the '13-'14 season.   That is the year that many all-star's contracts are done.   It is the year that many real good HS players will finish one yr of college and be eligible for the draft.   Most of the teams (see above) were trying to have a lot of cap space to draw multiple all-stars as well as 'tank' next season.   That is what GMs are doing and even the not so smart GMs.   DA couldn't even figure that out!.   What was he suppose to do, you ask?   Either keep building around PP and KG (Spurs did it around their aging vets) but we know that was off the table cause of dismal drafting.   Or, obtain younger 'go-to' free agent players after next season and still have high a draft choice.  
       Cs team of now will not make the playoffs.   But, they still might not draft in the top 10.   The big question is :  why did DA sign JGreen, CLee and BBass for contracts which were valid after next year?!?!?!   None of those players are all-stars (BB is a good role player.   You know my thoughts of JG and CL-they stink as players).   With the trade w/ the Nets, the Cs coulda amnestied Wallace's or Humphries' contract.   Then, they woulda had RR and one of the Nets' contracted player.   Combined maybe 25mil or less.   Couple rookie contracts for <5mil.  At 30mil they woulda been about 30mil under the salary cap and coulda been big players in next years free agent signings.   Also, still a possible high draft choice in 2014.   I can figure out all this w/o being an expert in the CBA (imagine what I could do if it was my full time job!!).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Another not good by the Celtics

In response to docc's comment:

Cs are now in their long term decsent.   What saved DA was McHale giving him KG (and KM lost his job).   This just delayed the inevitable.   Now the Cs have Austin Ainge as the GM!   LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!   Now that you agree w/ me that Melo is a bust (he is mediocre in summer league for a 22nd pick.   I told you Cs shoulda taken JTaylor of Vandy and I don't even work out players.   I just know ball players!) DA is 2 for 14 of his last draft picks making any contribution to the Cs!!   That is horrible!!!   (The Spurs are about 70% over the past decade of at least 1st rounders and have a better % of their 2nd rounders making it than DA's 1st rounders!!!).
       But, what about salaries and players?   There is not one average team (or below) that has not been planning on the end of the '13-'14 season.   That is the year that many all-star's contracts are done.   It is the year that many real good HS players will finish one yr of college and be eligible for the draft.   Most of the teams (see above) were trying to have a lot of cap space to draw multiple all-stars as well as 'tank' next season.   That is what GMs are doing and even the not so smart GMs.   DA couldn't even figure that out!.   What was he suppose to do, you ask?   Either keep building around PP and KG (Spurs did it around their aging vets) but we know that was off the table cause of dismal drafting.   Or, obtain younger 'go-to' free agent players after next season and still have high a draft choice.  
       Cs team of now will not make the playoffs.   But, they still might not draft in the top 10.   The big question is :  why did DA sign JGreen, CLee and BBass for contracts which were valid after next year?!?!?!   None of those players are all-stars (BB is a good role player.   You know my thoughts of JG and CL-they stink as players).   With the trade w/ the Nets, the Cs coulda amnestied Wallace's or Humphries' contract.   Then, they woulda had RR and one of the Nets' contracted player.   Combined maybe 25mil or less.   Couple rookie contracts for <5mil.  At 30mil they woulda been about 30mil under the salary cap and coulda been big players in next years free agent signings.   Also, still a possible high draft choice in 2014.   I can figure out all this w/o being an expert in the CBA (imagine what I could do if it was my full time job!!).

GO AWAY TROLL. 

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

M8:   are you comparing Cs and Lakers?   I know that Kupchak is as bad as DA.   But, who cares.   That is there problem.   When Kobe goes, then so do the Lakers.   They have some chips though.   The 'Logo' could always come back and Jeanie and Phil could take over.   Wyc etc are in love w/ DA and they can't see the forest from the trees.   So, Cs fans are in for more nephewism (I mean nepotizm), poor drafting, poor planning and mediocrity.   Pitino, Wallace, Papille, DA, AA... LOL, LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i always read your posts, docc, but all grouse all the time makes for dull contribution in my estimation. you wouldn't recognize a glimmer of hope if it was staring you in the face. bitchin' just suits you, huh?

bp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

* 9 draft picks in the next five years.

* a 10 million dollar trade exception.

* Expiring contracts like humpharies and Bogans,  totalling 15 million.

* Young talent in Green, Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger KO, Brooks, and Rondo.

A team loaded with assets. The rebuild should be very quick. Sorry Docc Danny Ainge is ten times the GM Mitch Cupcake is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

BaileyPowe, you have to tell me where the hope is.   I guess I'm spoiled being exposed to the Red Auerbach Cs.   Now, you have to tell me to be hopeful for the mediocre GM's son being the one in charge?   Players:  JG isn't cutting it for me (was JHarden available?   maybe we'll never know.   He was traded the next yr).   Any other player is not worth mentioning (not Sully or Olynyk).
       jtkl:   your cap would be 43mil.   mine 30mil.   I like my cap situation better.   Players now like to come w/ as many good players as possible.   It's like make your own team.   30mil gives more options and RR is still there.   Along w/ Cs tradition.   Desent draft choice (if know how to draft).   Plus JG wouldn't be on my team, but on yours.   I want more than one Oooo and Ahhh per game of a block or dunk than what JG gives (he's nowhere close to PP or Reggie Lewis).
    Cs have a great tradition.   Everything now is mediocre.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

BaileyPowe, you have to tell me where the hope is.   I guess I'm spoiled being exposed to the Red Auerbach Cs.   Now, you have to tell me to be hopeful for the mediocre GM's son being the one in charge?   Players:  JG isn't cutting it for me (was JHarden available?   maybe we'll never know.   He was traded the next yr).   Any other player is not worth mentioning (not Sully or Olynyk).
       jtkl:   your cap would be 43mil.   mine 30mil.   I like my cap situation better.   Players now like to come w/ as many good players as possible.   It's like make your own team.   30mil gives more options and RR is still there.   Along w/ Cs tradition.   Desent draft choice (if know how to draft).   Plus JG wouldn't be on my team, but on yours.   I want more than one Oooo and Ahhh per game of a block or dunk than what JG gives (he's nowhere close to PP or Reggie Lewis).
    Cs have a great tradition.   Everything now is mediocre.

tch, tch, tch, it's not about cap space docc. You don't understand how things work. the trade exception let's us give cap space to another team for a star. if a team is looking to shed salary. The Warriors gave a TWO first round draft picks, to the Jazz for a similar exception VERY VALUABLE!!

No one is going to come to a dog like the lakers, they'll want to come to teams with good young talent, like Cleveland and Boston. Jeff Green averaged 20 points a game in the playoffs.  Rondo is one of the best PG in the game. Sullinger, Bradley, KO, and brooks are all young promising pieces to build around or to package with draft picks for a star (Think Harden Trade.) all these players under 30 and most under 25. 

Plus the Celtics are WAAAYYYYY better at drafting than the Lakers (who have almost no picks) 

THings looking very bright. I feel your pain though. Hey at least you got Kamen!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Kurt can teach the players how to string a closeline.

sweet.

bp

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

What a stupid post.Anothe DA hater.Have a life.Try decaff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Kupchak is awful...the only thing good he accomplished was the Gasol trade and that was mostly stupidity by the other GM although what makes it even funnier is that Mark is way better than Pau.... tell me some other great move he made? He couldnt even keep Dwight in LA where he could have gotten many more millions....the Lakers are done for a long time

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Cavs or Celtic players.   Mmmm.   Well, the cavs have been horrible since LBJ has been gone.   Now, they have one legit all-star in KIrving.   ?? Varejeo (if doesn't get hurt.   weak big men in the east).   I can't say that RR will make all-star every year.   Esp if Cs have losing record.   Rest of the Cs team is horrible if you take away the old Nets players.   Cavs now have a playoff team and the Cs don't.   Excluding the old Nets, DA has aquired some average draft picks over the past 4yrs and poor drafting over past 6yrs.   His young free agents while being GM have been poor (Telfair, Vin Baker, LaFrenz, JGreen, CLee, Scal, Blount).   Anybody can judge a ten yr vet ... no brainer.   Everybody can hate on me... blame the messanger.   But everyone has to read the message.   You tell me who has DA aquired, who has been on their 2nd or 3rd contract and has been a quality player (other than Bass).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

Cs team of now will not make the playoffs.   But, they still might not draft in the top 10.   The big question is :  why did DA sign JGreen, CLee and BBass for contracts which were valid after next year?!?!?!   None of those players are all-stars (BB is a good role player.   You know my thoughts of JG and CL-they stink as players).   With the trade w/ the Nets, the Cs coulda amnestied Wallace's or Humphries' contract.   Then, they woulda had RR and one of the Nets' contracted player.   Combined maybe 25mil or less.   Couple rookie contracts for <5mil.  At 30mil they woulda been about 30mil under the salary cap and coulda been big players in next years free agent signings.   Also, still a possible high draft choice in 2014...

[/QUOTE/]

You like Bass and think Green stinks?  You're a brilliant basketball mind.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

You can not amnesty them, know the rule.

So there is not much you can figure out, stick to your own job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Yes painter.   At least we know what BB is.   He is a role player.   No one thinks he is a 'go-to' player.   What was he?   A 2nd round draftee (or not drafted at all).   He shouldn't have been signed for beyond next season and prob was overpaid at ? almost 7mil/yr.
       Are you gonna agree w/ me that JGreen is only a role player?   That he is not worth 9mil/yr?  Everyone else has him as the next great Celtic sf.   I'll agree that he is a role player.   Role players shouldn't be paid 9mil/yr.  (CLee is also overpaid at 5mil/yr.   I can hit an open jumper better than he can).   With BB:  'he is who we say he is'.   Are you saying that about JGreen?  That he is who we say he is?   I say that for the Cs he is an overpaid role player and he is not a good 5th player of a draft.   He's the equivalent of a 20 something draftee.   Harden was a 4th player.   Westbrook was a 4th player.   JG is nowhere near their talent level.   If everybody dampens there bright outlook about him, then I'll chill.   If not then I'm gonna be the objecting opinion.   I didn't change when I said that Telfair wasn't a good player.   Nor Lafrenz.   Now Lee and Green.  
       The Ainges get to watch ball full time.   Me, watching games once in a while can tell who can play better than they.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stackgtr. Show stackgtr's posts

Umm Jeff Greens' talent has never been in question its his heart and determination to be and stay aggressive every night for an entire season. He averaged 20pts a night in the playoffs because when aggressive idk if there's anyone in the league who can guard him. He is too long and atheletic for most shorter sf's and too quick and skilled for anyone his size or bigger. Now if he cant be consistantly aggressive he may only amount to a second, third option, or role player. It clearly wont be because of his talent, talent wise he could easily be an all star and better than both harden and westbrook.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from H53. Show H53's posts

Greene- 1) probably still recovering from surgery; 2) overshadowed by Pierce / KG as the go to options.  May see a rebooted Greene this year as one of the more veteran players on the team now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

DA's made a lot of mistakes.  His biggest?  He's been DYING to break up the Big 3 and he did it too early.  This summer will be exciting as us C's fan wil be able to sit back, watch, and hopefully figure out why?

I will say this, though.  I think he's been coming around.  I like most of what DA has done recently:

I like how we traded a coach for a draft pick- something you don't see too often.

I like Sullinger, I liked Melo when we drafted him.

I LOVE Jeff Green.  I was glad when we traded Perk for him. -*Of course I realize I'm the minority on this one.

I'm happy to see Marshon Brooks come back.

I think Brad Stevens is the perfect coach for next season.

And last but not least, I like how DA traded up to get KO.  I think KO will have a nice NBA career.  And I don't think we would have been able to draft him at 16.

I DON'T like Lee or Bass.  Lee was a bust.  Bass is just an extra body.  *Keep in mind that we got Lee after exhausting every possible option for getting Mayo who I think would have been a nice fit last season.

Once the dust settles I think we'll have an exciting team next season which is set-up well for the next few drafts.  Without a decent Center, the C's won't make the playoffs and I'm sure at the end of next season we'll be rooting for them to lose games and improve our lottery chances.

But give DA credit, he's having a good summer.  We've now got both exciting young players and a bundle of future of draft picks at our disposal.  Regardless of who's on the floor next year, it still takes time to build chemistry.  Guys like Rondo, Brooks, Green, Sullinger are important as they WANT to be here. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

+ 1

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfurybaglap. Show dfurybaglap's posts

* 9 draft picks in the next five years.

* a 10 million dollar trade exception.

* Expiring contracts like humpharies and Bogans,  totalling 15 million.

* Young talent in Green, Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger KO, Brooks, and Rondo.

A team loaded with assets. The rebuild should be very quick. Sorry Docc Danny Ainge is ten times the GM Mitch Cupcake is.

KID, learn how to assess the situation by looking at the facts, not some pipe-dream fixated in your skull.  SEVEN Final appearances with FIVE of those converted to Championships!  We all know how many DA has produced.  With the new CBA it's all about having cap space to produce results.  Furthermore, GM's don't want bloated contracts(i.e. Wallace) to limit flexibility.  The Lakers have all their powder dry for 2014 when the likes of Melo and LBJ to name a few come on the market.  How many teams in the recent era have won championships building through the draft?  Answer NOT MANY!  It remains to be seen what DA does with the draft picks and assets.  Mark it down, there is no way DA is going to build a championship team with those draft picks he has accumulated in short order.  It takes years to do it that way and then you need some lady luck on those picks. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yes painter.   At least we know what BB is.   He is a role player.   No one thinks he is a 'go-to' player.   What was he?   A 2nd round draftee (or not drafted at all).   He shouldn't have been signed for beyond next season and prob was overpaid at ? almost 7mil/yr.
       Are you gonna agree w/ me that JGreen is only a role player?   That he is not worth 9mil/yr?  Everyone else has him as the next great Celtic sf.   I'll agree that he is a role player.   Role players shouldn't be paid 9mil/yr.  (CLee is also overpaid at 5mil/yr.   I can hit an open jumper better than he can).   With BB:  'he is who we say he is'.   Are you saying that about JGreen?  That he is who we say he is?   I say that for the Cs he is an overpaid role player and he is not a good 5th player of a draft.   He's the equivalent of a 20 something draftee.   Harden was a 4th player.   Westbrook was a 4th player.   JG is nowhere near their talent level.   If everybody dampens there bright outlook about him, then I'll chill.   If not then I'm gonna be the objecting opinion.   I didn't change when I said that Telfair wasn't a good player.   Nor Lafrenz.   Now Lee and Green.  
       The Ainges get to watch ball full time.   Me, watching games once in a while can tell who can play better than they.

Green is worth 9 million a year. He was an 18 point a game player once he got his health back. That is all star caliber. He is not a franchise player. But he isn't getting a max contract. In fact if anything the Jeff green contract is looking more and more like a steal. Way to go Danny!