Another not good by the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Another not good by the Celtics

the rebuild will be relatively quick if the Celts can do 2 things, and 2 things only;

1) hit on the draft choices

2) attract a quality complimentary free agent to Boston (they will have the $$$)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to dfurybaglap's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

* 9 draft picks in the next five years.

* a 10 million dollar trade exception.

* Expiring contracts like humpharies and Bogans,  totalling 15 million.

* Young talent in Green, Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger KO, Brooks, and Rondo.

A team loaded with assets. The rebuild should be very quick. Sorry Docc Danny Ainge is ten times the GM Mitch Cupcake is.

KID, learn how to assess the situation by looking at the facts, not some pipe-dream fixated in your skull.  SEVEN Final appearances with FIVE of those converted to Championships!  We all know how many DA has produced.  With the new CBA it's all about having cap space to produce results.  Furthermore, GM's don't want bloated contracts(i.e. Wallace) to limit flexibility.  The Lakers have all their powder dry for 2014 when the likes of Melo and LBJ to name a few come on the market.  How many teams in the recent era have won championships building through the draft?  Answer NOT MANY!  It remains to be seen what DA does with the draft picks and assets.  Mark it down, there is no way DA is going to build a championship team with those draft picks he has accumulated in short order.  It takes years to do it that way and then you need some lady luck on those picks. 

Send this quote special delivery to Fungus34 !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to dfurybaglap's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

* 9 draft picks in the next five years.

* a 10 million dollar trade exception.

* Expiring contracts like humpharies and Bogans,  totalling 15 million.

* Young talent in Green, Bradley, Rondo, Sullinger KO, Brooks, and Rondo.

A team loaded with assets. The rebuild should be very quick. Sorry Docc Danny Ainge is ten times the GM Mitch Cupcake is.

KID, learn how to assess the situation by looking at the facts, not some pipe-dream fixated in your skull.  SEVEN Final appearances with FIVE of those converted to Championships!  We all know how many DA has produced.  With the new CBA it's all about having cap space to produce results.  Furthermore, GM's don't want bloated contracts(i.e. Wallace) to limit flexibility.  The Lakers have all their powder dry for 2014 when the likes of Melo and LBJ to name a few come on the market.  How many teams in the recent era have won championships building through the draft?  Answer NOT MANY!  It remains to be seen what DA does with the draft picks and assets.  Mark it down, there is no way DA is going to build a championship team with those draft picks he has accumulated in short order.  It takes years to do it that way and then you need some lady luck on those picks. 

tch, tch, my poor little man dfurybaglap. I feel you I feel the pain. Draft picks are gold in the new CBA. Not for just drafting superstars like the Thunder who own you, but for trading for superstars. Think James Harden and think Carmelo Anthon with Denver. Both traded for young good players and draft picks. The Hawks wanted two first round picks for Josh Smith and no one was willing to part with it. Picks are gold in the new CBA. We have nine in the next five years! :)

Stars sign with teams with young talent to win titles (The reason Howard left you for Harden and Houston.)  It's Why drafting good is so important. Lebron will never go to the lakers because they have no talent. Carmelo isn't going there because they have no talent and no draft picks to surround him with talent. he learned that with the knicks who gutted their roster to get him. 

The Celtics have so much to trade, that should a superstar come availible (think what Houston did with Harden) They have the assets to not only get him, but enough assets to build around him. 

You can try to get our goat but we all know that our team is in much better shape than yours and in your heart you know it too.

Thanks for playing kid. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Yea, the Cs are gonna trade for a player like Harden.   WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT FOR KPerkins IN THE FIRST PLACE!   LOL!   Now you want a player that the Cs shoulda already had if DA could judge talent in the first place.
       MUnderpants:  the Cs are an exciting team but won't make the playoffs?   My type of exciting is when my team makes the playoffs.   They need a center?   What is Melo?   A popcorn vendor?   Cs used a 22nd pick when they are trying to rebuild and wasted it on a player who is a D-league player.   Seimsma is better and Cs shoulda just kept him.   DA is always trying to be the smartest in the room and ends up below average.
       I spoke to soon bout Lakers.   After next yr they will only have Nash on their books.   Now that they didn't get Howard, they will have books cleared.   Besides RR the Cs will have Green, Bass, Lee and probably Humphries and/or Wallace.   Lol, lol.   That is poor GM'n!!   Only losing team in the league w/o cap space after next yr!!!
       You guys please forum me when JG doesn't meet your expectations.   He led the Cs in playoff scoring cause PP and KG are 15yr players!!   If JGs game was anygood they woulda won there series.   He scores but its not effective points.   He can't score consecutive big shots.   PP was a great rebounder when younger.   JG is a poor rebounder for his height.   He can only go right.   Can't create off the dribble other than a quick dribble going R.   But scouting cuts that off 85% or the time.   Can't post up.   Can't shoot outside shot off the dribble.   Not a good defensive player (nobody thinks of mentioning for an all-D team.   In fact shouldn't think of discussing).   In fact you tell me what he can do.   I don't even think he is a starter on a playoff team.   At least not a team that wants to go past the first round.   I'm not a Josh Smith fan, but he's bounds better than JG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

And he's not a mentally tough player.   That is something you can't turn on and off.   You're born w/ it.   And, even if he could aquire it like some will say LBJ did, then he'd still have to aquire the skill sets I mention above.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to docc's comment:

Yea, the Cs are gonna trade for a player like Harden.   WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT FOR KPerkins IN THE FIRST PLACE!   LOL!   Now you want a player that the Cs shoulda already had if DA could judge talent in the first place.
       MUnderpants:  the Cs are an exciting team but won't make the playoffs?   My type of exciting is when my team makes the playoffs.   They need a center?   What is Melo?   A popcorn vendor?   Cs used a 22nd pick when they are trying to rebuild and wasted it on a player who is a D-league player.   Seimsma is better and Cs shoulda just kept him.   DA is always trying to be the smartest in the room and ends up below average.
       I spoke to soon bout Lakers.   After next yr they will only have Nash on their books.   Now that they didn't get Howard, they will have books cleared.   Besides RR the Cs will have Green, Bass, Lee and probably Humphries and/or Wallace.   Lol, lol.   That is poor GM'n!!   Only losing team in the league w/o cap space after next yr!!!
       You guys please forum me when JG doesn't meet your expectations.   He led the Cs in playoff scoring cause PP and KG are 15yr players!!   If JGs game was anygood they woulda won there series.   He scores but its not effective points.   He can't score consecutive big shots.   PP was a great rebounder when younger.   JG is a poor rebounder for his height.   He can only go right.   Can't create off the dribble other than a quick dribble going R.   But scouting cuts that off 85% or the time.   Can't post up.   Can't shoot outside shot off the dribble.   Not a good defensive player (nobody thinks of mentioning for an all-D team.   In fact shouldn't think of discussing).   In fact you tell me what he can do.   I don't even think he is a starter on a playoff team.   At least not a team that wants to go past the first round.   I'm not a Josh Smith fan, but he's bounds better than JG.

Ahhh ... They tried!

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/05/trade-was-originally-for-harden-not.html

Turns out the original Perkins to the Thunder trade revolved around James Harden and not Jeff Green. The story goes that Presti changed his mind and convinced Danny to accept Jeff Green instead. Simmons speculates that Danny had simply decided that he wanted to move Perk, so he agreed to the restructured deal for Green.

Also of interest in this link;

Simmons and Grande both seem to think that Presti made the wise move holding on to Harden. Interestingly enough this is not the first time that Presti and Ainge made a trade that could have been much different. The original Ray Allen trade had Presti asking for Rondo instead of Delonte. Ainge said he'd make the switch as long as Presti included Robert Swift. Presti declined and Ainge dodged a bullet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to docc's comment:

The Thunder wern't ready to move Harden then, and when they were the Celtics didn't have the assets. Now the Celtics have so many assets (unlike the poor Lakers) That should that scenario come up in the next few years the Celtics have the best resources to pounce and then build around that talent. 

Cap space isn't a big deal at all. Not compared to assets but the Celtics will have plenty of that too. (poor Lakers they'll have money but no one anyone wants to play with because they have no draft pciks and no young talent.)

As For Jeff Green, he'd of been the leading scorer for the Lakers this year in the playoffs as well!  fHAHAHAHHAHAH and he is cheap. Compared to old man Nash. Old Man gasol and the 40 year old Achillies injury (or is he 100?) 

Again, try all you want but we both know the Lakers prospects are bleak compared to the Celtics. We have assets. You have none. And We love it!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

OK docc - so aside from a few teams lucky enough to win the lottery or have an all time top ten player (Los Angeles, San Antonio), which NBA franchise has had a better last decade than the Celtics? The Mavericks have had less success but could be next. Aside from them, have an answer? 

I thought not. There isn't one. 

You could stand to grow up a little and whine less....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Boston TRoll:  how many of those players are directly due to DA?   RR, Big Baby.   LPowe was sent packing after being successfull.   All others you could aquire.   Since that big McHale trade, every aquisition has failed and that is why Cs had to finally trade PP (and not keep him a lifetime C, like Duncan w/ the Spurs).   If a player was decent then DA couldn't see it otherwise why let go.   That means that DA lucked out in getting him.   Dooling when Cs needed a backup pg, Steimsma when Cs needed a backup center.   In fact last yr the Cs didn't have a backup center and the whole league knows that KG plays better as pf.   When DA used his judgement on a player, the player stunk.