Another OKC-Celtic trade idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonman1025. Show Bostonman1025's posts

Another OKC-Celtic trade idea

Well it seems like they are the Celtics version of Al Davis in the sense that we have made two possibly three beneficial trades with the Supersonics/Thunder in the last 6 years.

First the Ray Allen trade, then the Perkins trade, and now rumors of them not want Westbrook.

My proposal:

OKC gets: Rajon Rondo and Glen Davis
    Boston gets: Russell Westbrook and James Harden, plus a contract filler

Why the Thunder do it is because they want a more pass first PG and get a solid bench player in Davis.

Why the Celtics do it is because they need more scoring from the point and add a trade asset in Harden.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Another OKC-Celtic trade idea

What about Rondo and Davis for CP3 and Trevor Ariza?

How about for DWill and Anthony Morrow?

Derrick Rose and Kyle Korver?

Can we snooker anyone else to swap one of the only 5-6 PG's who are better than Rondo... AND a solid shooter/wing for a fat land monster we all despise after the miami series?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

How about we trade BBD and JOs contract and the first we got with Green for TA and Arthur? I know its Memphis but didn't we screw OKC enough already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Rondo is a better fit for OKC. Westbrook is averaging more than 20 attempts per game. A team that has the NBA's leading scorer in Durant should not have their PG attempt more shots than the #1 scorer in the league. 

A PG attempting more than 20 shots per game is not a PG. It's a Kobe! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Durant and Westbrook are the core of that team.  Why on Earth would OKC want to trade Westbrook??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The way I see it, Rondo may be a chip as part of a larger overall trade since he is signed to a reasonable contract.  Anybody remember that Bronson Arroyo was signed to a team-friendly deal and was unloaded at a later point?  Different sport, different caliber of player, but same concept.

Not advocating for the trade of Rondo, because I think the C's can rebuild with him in place, but if the right deal comes along, they'd have to consider it.     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Another OKC-Celtic trade idea:
    [QUOTE]Rondo is a better fit for OKC. Westbrook is averaging more than 20 attempts per game. A team that has the NBA's leading scorer in Durant should not have their PG attempt more shots than the #1 scorer in the league.  A PG attempting more than 20 shots per game is not a PG. It's a Kobe! LOL
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

I agree with your assessment of Westbrook.  He definitely needs to take less shots and is hurting Durant and his team by doing this.   Rondo would probably be a better fit for them and we could use a point guard who is a good shooter.  I believe that Rondo may improve sometime, but I am still waiting for this to happen.  Rondo's injury will also influence the amount of practice that he can get in before the season begins.  Although, I am not sure how long it will take him to recover from this type of injury. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I alwas thought trades should help both teams?
    Rondo and Baby for Westbrook and Harden? Two Lottery picks for a second rounder and a late first rounder? The latter also much older and injury prone. Why not add Durant for Bradley?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Another OKC-Celtic trade idea:
    [QUOTE]Well it seems like they are the Celtics version of Al Davis in the sense that we have made two possibly three beneficial trades with the Supersonics/Thunder in the last 6 years. First the Ray Allen trade, then the Perkins trade, and now rumors of them not want Westbrook. My proposal: OKC gets: Rajon Rondo and Glen Davis Boston gets: Russell Westbrook and James Harden, plus a contract filler Why the Thunder do it is because they want a more pass first PG and get a solid bench player in Davis. Why the Celtics do it is because they need more scoring from the point and add a trade asset in Harden.
    Posted by Bostonman1025[/QUOTE]

There are zero credible sources that think that OKC is disappointed with Westbrook, it is all in the media. 

There is also zero percent chance that OKC would trade two players that are better than both of the players they would be getting back.  OKC will be playing for the WCF and Rondo will be recovering from a severe injury while Davis will be smoking lots of fatties and eating tons of twinkies.  Harden is leaps and bounds better than Davis, ditto for Westbrook and Rondo. 

OKC wants a pass first point guard?  Not at all, they like Chicago, Washington, Orlando, Dallas, SA, Pho, and a whole bunch of others like that their point guards can shoot as well as pass.  Pass first point guard is a code word for the worst shooter in the league.

You are smoking crack if you think OKC wants a point guard that cannot finish, cannot make freebies, cannot make 3s, and cannot make basic jump shots and is 3 years older than the point guard they have.... especially since Coach K dismissed Rondo but kept Westbrook.......

How can you completely misinterpret the speculation in the media and infer that there is some sort of ridiculous need in OKC for a point guard that is the worst shooter in the league and has not shown a 1% improvement in doing so for an all-star point guard that led the USA team to a gold medal?

The degree to which Cs fans overvalue the skills and then extrapolate nonsense that is pure speculation in the media is simply beyond me.

There will be a lock out, there will be a hard cap, the Cs will find that Rondo's supposed team friendly contract will be an albatross and that the Cs are stuck with the same team until the BIG 3 are dissolved.......

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Another OKC-Celtic trade idea:
    [QUOTE] His free throws are a joke. And his jumper is almost non-existent.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

And yet pierce34 aka fierce34 told everyone at the beginning of the season that brick was perfecting his jump shot and everyone would see a huge improvement?!

How'd that work out for ya fierce? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Another OKC-Celtic trade idea:
    [QUOTE]Well it seems like they are the Celtics version of Al Davis in the sense that we have made two possibly three beneficial trades with the Supersonics/Thunder in the last 6 years. First the Ray Allen trade, then the Perkins trade, and now rumors of them not want Westbrook. My proposal: OKC gets: Rajon Rondo and Glen Davis Boston gets: Russell Westbrook and James Harden, plus a contract filler Why the Thunder do it is because they want a more pass first PG and get a solid bench player in Davis. Why the Celtics do it is because they need more scoring from the point and add a trade asset in Harden.
    Posted by Bostonman1025[/QUOTE]NOT a bad proposal at all. except that glen davis is a free agent. buy yep, i can see a trade with westbrook and rondo as the central pieces esp if okc loses today. they need  a pass-only pg like rondo, we need a shoot-first pg more like westbrook. wow! perhaps a first rounder and rondo should do it. or ray and rondo and a second. we dont have great other peices other than green but we would like to keep him. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

There's no way Sam Presti trades Westbrook (2nd team All-NBA) for Rondo and James Harden for BBD...OKC didn't even want to trade Harden for Perk!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

After Westbrook's triple double earlier today I doubt Sam Presti would even entertain the thought of trading Westbrook for anybody.

Sections
Shortcuts