Another Overrated Poseur Is Found Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Another Overrated Poseur Is Found Out

Kevin Love is a disgrace. His performance tonight against the Celtics was a display of showboating and poor decision-making. His defense was torn up when his team needed him the most. Sully turned him inside out. Terrible shooting. This man would be doing pine on a half-way good team. He's found out on a regular basis but 'official' NBA love this man. His ridiculous roulette 3-point shooting is so self-serving it makes me sick. SI compared him to Kareem. I'm not Lakers' fan but my God...Kareem and Love in the same sentence is an NBA mortal sin. 

'Official' NBA will try to tell you through their mouthpiece- SI- that he's the real deal. He's NOT a great player. At best a good player who can sometimes do great things. Sometimes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Another Overrated Poseur Is Found Out

In response to johconn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Love is a disgrace. His performance tonight against the Celtics was a display of showboating and poor decision-making. His defense was torn up when his team needed him the most. Sully turned him inside out. Terrible shooting. This man would be doing pine on a half-way good team. He's found out on a regular basis but 'official' NBA love this man. His ridiculous roulette 3-point shooting is so self-serving it makes me sick. SI compared him to Kareem. I'm not Lakers' fan but my God...Kareem and Love in the same sentence is an NBA mortal sin. 

'Official' NBA will try to tell you through their mouthpiece- SI- that he's the real deal. He's NOT a great player. At best a good player who can sometimes do great things. Sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

Put K. Love on the market and see how many GM's (professional basketball talent evaluators) bite! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You got a little bit carried away there.

But, its clear to me at the very least that Love is absolutely out of the MVP talks and definitely out of the top 5 player in the NBA talks. You may laugh, but a lot of NBA guys have Lebron, Durant and then have Love, Paul and George in that 3-5 range.

Would I still love to have Love on my team, especially with Sullinger? YES. Would I want him George or Hibbert or Aldridge or Asik? Well, definitely over Asik ;)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You got a little bit carried away there.

But, its clear to me at the very least that Love is absolutely out of the MVP talks and definitely out of the top 5 player in the NBA talks. You may laugh, but a lot of NBA guys have Lebron, Durant and then have Love, Paul and George in that 3-5 range.

Would I still love to have Love on my team, especially with Sullinger? YES. Would I want him George or Hibbert or Aldridge or Asik? Well, definitely over Asik ;)

[/QUOTE]

A 'bit' carried away...I give you that :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

He's better than anyone we have though, you neglected to mention that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's better than anyone we have though, you neglected to mention that.

[/QUOTE]

Welllllll, Sully is better..damnit. Love owns his team and has amazing free reign...incredible freedom to do what he wants. His shooting % is just not good enough- built on poor shot choice. He's better than Fav though...for now :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Love is a better player than he looked tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

27 points and 14 rebounds?

over-rated?

worst game of the year?

Poser???

22 double-doubles already?

AH.....A BIT....MUCH??????????

I'd take him in half a heart beat!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I thought you were going to Say Ricky Rubio. Now that's the most overrated player in the whole NBA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought you were going to Say Ricky Rubio. Now that's the most overrated player in the whole NBA!

[/QUOTE]

That chap is another for sure. The boy is skittish.

Hmmmmm, 27 points, 14 rebounds. I'm shocked the T-Wolves even bothered to draw up any plays. They give him COMPLETE ownership of the ball. It's a good thing Cinderella is just a fairytale or she'd have no ball to go to. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

and he's a big ol' flopper. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Carmelo had 32 points and 5 rebounds in 42 mins.

Love had 27 and 14 in  36 mins.

I'm just saying it is a bit much to call the buy a poser........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

He's legit...lots of people look tired when they are on the road and playing their third in 4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

He had a bad night

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He had a bad night

[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point - a "bad" night is 27 and 14?  Poser?  A bit of a stretch, don't you think?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

To many, Love had a bad night with 27 pts and 14 rebs in  36 mins. He's the best player on the team and, unfortunately for them, can't always carry them to victory---not unlike Carmelo of the Knicks.  Put him on another team with some stars like the Heat, Bulls, Clippers, Rockets, Thunder etc., and the pressure would be off him to be the main scorer. I mean put him in the Boston lineup with Olynyk and Faverani as backup Cs and also PFs and Sully as a PF and losing Bass, Wallace, Lee, Humphries and maybe even Green, I'd take him. Would I do a straight up for Rondo...maybe ? I definitely would take him over Asik as at least a 20 pt difference in offense. But I don't think he's available for trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Steals -  Rubio 2.9;     Rondo 1.8

FT%   -  Rubio 85%;   Rondo 64% 

3Pt%  -  Rubio 38%;   Rondo 24%

TO      -  Rubio 3.0;     Rondo 3.9

RPG    -  Rondo 5.5;    Rubio 4.4

PPG    -  Rondo 13;     Rubio 10

APG   -   Rondo 11;     Rubio 8

FG     -   Rondo 48%;  Rucio 36%

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

36 percent fg percentage is atrocious.

Rubio is a good passer however. I don't see him being particularly overated as most people don't have any idea who he is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That' around the best in the league vs around the worst. Rubio does not score effciently. He's actually a pretty good player though. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That' around the best in the league vs around the worst. Rubio does not score effciently. He's actually a pretty good player though. 

[/QUOTE]

48% isn't that good considering the majority of his FGs are layups.  Rondo is a better scorer.  but neither can shoot from the outside.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

yeah, but how many layups did rubio blow last night?  Some of rondo's layups at full speed and in traffic and among the most amazing shots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I'm not arguing Rondo is a better scorer.  But don't just focus on one stat... or I'll just keep posting the difference in free throw% or steals, etc.  

My point is to look at the complete player and not only is it apparent that Rubio is NOT over-rated, but his overall game is statistically similar to Rondo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

48% isn't that good considering the majority of his FGs are layups.  Rondo is a better scorer.  but neither can shoot from the outside.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's good. If Rubio could get layups he would. Getting to the rim is a skill. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

People aren't just giving Rondo Layups.

48 percent is 48 percent.

Now I do tend to think that Rondo is a bit overated by some, although it is equally apparent that he is underated by others.

Regardless as I said I don't see how Rubio can be overrated when 95 percent of casual fans have no idea who he is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

For those thinking Rondo can't shoot, but Bradley is "beasting it":

Bradley is shooting  44.9% from the field this year........85th in the league!

And "the poser"  Kevin Love  is shooting  44.3%  this year, including 9 for 26 (34.6%) last night.

Sections
Shortcuts