Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

do you figure we had some competitive advantage vs. fossil kidd and/or barea at the point guard matchup???  how and why does rondo end the game with 5 or 6 FG attempts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

have to agree with you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

rondo sux as much as he is good...can't bloody shoot, can't pass a decent alley oop? i luv him, i can't stand him...gawd.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

more games than not, rondo is happy to pile the scoring burden on the older vets, even though they would welcome him to score 15, sometimes 20.  only thing that seems to be holding rondo back is.... rondo.  big surprise, right?  5 years of it under the belt.

and watching the last minute of him avoid all contact with the ball and then get lost "guarding" kidd for the game winning shot made me really angry.  get him off the court if he has nothing to offer in that scenario.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

he is an enigma for sure. tries to be too creative for his own good. when he passed up the easy lay up under the basket and dished it to Ray for what should have been another easy lay up and it was blocked i knew this was going to be just one of those games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Yet another piece of evidence why this team makes Rondo, not the other way around.  The Celtics are really in dire straits if one-trick pony Rondo's the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think the biggest possession we needed was the one where Rondo pushed it ahead to RA for the 3 and RA missed under a minute. We didn't need it there and I yelled at the screen. Rondo saw RA and if he hits it, it's big. We just needed to run clock at that point instead of a quick 3.

Tough loss but the Mavs were hot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One time he drove into the lane, stopped right under the hoop facing the other end of the court...the defense left him, he was all alone for a layup if he just turned around... but hes apparently doesnt want a layup..

Driving the lane, stopping and backing out.. offense stagnates..

Was hoping Nate would get some action at the end..enough tho hes a danger.. At least he'll hit FTs and has to be honored from the perimeter

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon:
    [QUOTE]Was hoping Nate would get some action at the end..enough tho hes a danger.. At least he'll hit FTs and has to be honored from the perimeter
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

anything is better than an empty shirt who hides in the corner and won't handle the ball or be a scoring threat because he's afraid to be fouled.  there is no room in the professional game for such weakness, yet this team tolerates it a lot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Rondo was okay, could have played better. I just CRINGE whenever Perk gets the ball in the paint...stumblin', bumblin', cement hands Perkins. SMDH

We need Shaq back in the rotation. That said, the Mavs always play us tough, they match up well with us offensively.

Unforced turnovers killed us and also a poor defensive effort in the first half.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

midget jj barea spent 31 minutes on the floor tonight.... who was barea "guarding" out there?  if you look up "weak link" in the dictionary, there is a picture of JJ smiling sheepishly.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo was okay, could have played better. I just CRINGE whenever Perk gets the ball in the paint...stumblin', bumblin', cement hands Perkins. SMDH We need Shaq back in the rotation. That said, the Mavs always play us tough, they match up well with us offensively. Unforced turnovers killed us and also a poor defensive effort in the first half.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Perk played well 13 points and 12 rebounds, 4 offensive rebounds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : Perk played well 13 points and 12 rebounds, 4 offensive rebounds.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yes he did. I'm just saying I cringe when he gets the ball in the paint because he bumbles around the basket. Shaq is more nimble at his age.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Yeah, I thought Perk played well.  Karllost, I remember that play - almost wanted to throw my remote at the TV as it seemed almost easier to just lay the ball up than throw it back out.  I don't even think it's that he prefers to pass the ball and pick up the assist - he just doesn't have the confidence to shoot it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Defensively Rondo gets lost too much, causing everyone to rotate, sometimes too late...while hes swiping from behind..

Also, the Mavs had alot of lucky bounces with rebounds and shots somehow going in.

We had some good stretches of defense and the Mavs still got the bounce and shots went in as the clock was winding down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Mavs just executed really well down the stretch. They're a vet team with Kidd running the show. They shot lights out and again we didn't get much from the bench besides Quis.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I guess fans have to hate SOMEBODY in their team.

Team loses - blame Player "X"
    Team wins - Player "X" had nothing to do with it
    Player "X" get's praise - it's because of his team mates
    Player "X" has a huge game - everybody get's lucky once or twice
    Player "X" leads the league in a category - couldn't do it in another team
    Player "X" is named to an all NBA 1st team - only because of his team mates
    Player "X" is an all-star - only because of team mates, weak division etc

and so on ....

and so on .......

Until the next Player "X" arrives in the team.

Fans that hate the play of whoever Player "X" is, in this case RONDO. They should write to the GM and demand he be traded for a couple of 2nd round picks, because OBVIOUSLY that's all Player "X" is ever worth.

Maybe have the lucky team that receives Player "X" throw in a couple of bags of Doritos and a meal at Taco Bell for the people who wrote to the GM.

Maybe a true champion Celtics point guard like Ernie DiGregorio could give Player "X" in this case RONDO, some pointers on how to be a Celtic and maybe if he's lucky add something to the fabled Celtic traditions.

Someting the great Ernie DiGregorio would know all about.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Well I hope they learn from this.  J Kidd at 38 and the number 3 all time in 3 point makes was left wide open because the 2nd all time person in 3 point makes over helped and had to scramble back and then bit on a pump fake.  I think Ray was a little full of himself.  Yeah he blocked Chandler's shot and hit some three's, but that last three was ill-advised and biting on a pump fake!!!!  Really???

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]he is an enigma for sure. tries to be too creative for his own good. when he passed up the easy lay up under the basket and dished it to Ray for what should have been another easy lay up and it was blocked i knew this was going to be just one of those games.
    Posted by 003323344[/QUOTE]

Ray wasn't even ready for the pass, i mean why would a wide open man pass the ball back to someone with a 7footer all over them, it just does not make good sense!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I just wanted to add the block Ray Allen had on Chandler's dunk attempt was awesome!!

I didn't think Ray could get that high at his age! I guess that's what happens when you keep your body in pristine condition like he does.

Great defensive play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]I guess fans have to hate SOMEBODY in their team. Team loses - blame Player "X" Team wins - Player "X" had nothing to do with it Player "X" get's praise - it's because of his team mates Player "X" has a huge game - everybody get's lucky once or twice Player "X" leads the league in a category - couldn't do it in another team Player "X" is named to an all NBA 1st team - only because of his team mates Player "X" is an all-star - only because of team mates, weak division etc and so on .... and so on ....... Until the next Player "X" arrives in the team. Fans that hate the play of whoever Player "X" is, in this case RONDO. They should write to the GM and demand he be traded for a couple of 2nd round picks, because OBVIOUSLY that's all Player "X" is ever worth. Maybe have the lucky team that receives Player "X" throw in a couple of bags of Doritos and a meal at Taco Bell for the people who wrote to the GM. Maybe a true champion Celtics point guard like Ernie DiGregorio could give Player "X" in this case RONDO, some pointers on how to be a Celtic and maybe if he's lucky add something to the fabled Celtic traditions. Someting the great Ernie DiGregorio would know all about.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

RU,
    Great post on scapegoating and hero worship. It was absolutely a team loss, Rondo had his moments good and bad, but not his fault by a long shot.  There was a play late in the second quarter or early third where there was a loose ball and KG, Paul just looked at instead of diving for it and it went out on Boston. At that point, I thought, not the Celts night, these 30-somethings can't/won't get out of third gear. So, kudos to Dallas for gutting it out and playing 48 minutes. I was left with two thoughts: 1) they should bring in Bill Belichick to ream these guys out on a night like tonight, yeah it's a longer season and all but the starters lost this game and they should feel that; 2) I thought about one of my boyhood heros, Dave Cowens, and how he quit around age 30 because he just couldn't take it any more. He never had to face (or couldn't bring himself to do so) a night like tonight where he wouldn't/couldn't dive for that loose ball. Frustrating loss, but understandable for a 30-something team; the bench played well and maybe should have been relied on more, but NBA coaches usually go with their starters at crunch time; evev if they're not up for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]I just wanted to add the block Ray Allen had on Chandler's dunk attempt was awesome!! I didn't think Ray could get that high at his age! I guess that's what happens when you keep your body in pristine condition like he does. Great defensive play.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

And  I think that block may have cost us because he was trying to block J Kidd's shot versus closing out on him and forcing him to make a play with the clock running down.  Like I said in other posts...the percentages of jum shots blocked are much lower than shots at or near the rim.  So why not close out and force him to do something.  I cant believe he let another savvy vet sucker him into that.  And then before that the ill-advised three.  Come Ray!!!!  Really???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

I don't understand how professional coaches and the array of veterans on the Celtics don't get in his face and say "take the damn layups, you kill us with that crap!" When Rondo does blow by a defender and gets layups he makes it look so easy and you wonder why he just doesn't do it more often.  If he's serious about being the best point guard he's gotta eventually realize that sometimes the point guard has to score 25 points.  It's great that he's the assist machine that he is and I really do love so much of his game but he's got to add that element of "I'm Rajon Rondo, I'm quicker and better than you Barea or Kidd or Fisher or whoever and I'm gonna go to the basket every time until you stop me."  We've all seen flashes of it...and in big games...why oh why Rajon can't you do it more consistently?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : And  I think that block may have cost us because he was trying to block J Kidd's shot versus closing out on him and forcing him to make a play with the clock running down.  Like I said in other posts...the percentages of jum shots blocked are much lower than shots at or near the rim.  So why not close out and force him to do something.  I cant believe he let another savvy vet sucker him into that.  And then before that the ill-advised three.  Come Ray!!!!  Really???
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Good points, but the Celtics are due a bad game every once in a while. We won't win every game or every home game.

I wouldn't panic after this poor effort by the C's. Just poor execution by the C's versus good offense from the Mavs.

Sections
Shortcuts