Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

Hey, Rondo had 2 instances where he gave up the ball instead of making a layup. Bad habit that he's got to break; it definately is frustrating and downright weird. Otherwise he played fine. KG actually picked him off a number of times when he came out to help on Rondo's guy. Rondo has bad feet and I would guess he is saving his blow by layups for when they are needed. Look the guy has a real deficiency in his shooting that keeps him out of the conversation of elite point guards, but he's damn good, and good enough for this team's purposes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon:
    he is an enigma for sure. tries to be too creative for his own good. when he passed up the easy lay up under the basket and dished it to Ray for what should have been another easy lay up and it was blocked i knew this was going to be just one of those games.
    Posted by 003323344

ditto.  That's my big complaint with Rondo.  Passing up layups and shots under the basket to dish out.  Somebody should set him straight on that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : ditto.  That's my big complaint with Rondo.  Passing up layups and shots under the basket to dish out.  Somebody should set him straight on that.
    Posted by breaktime

Passing up shots including layups
    Doesnt create by penetrating like he used too
    Hardly ever rebounds like he used to
    Takes too many chances defensively
    Almost never goes to the foul line and when he does he sucks
    Gets a lot of assists but who wouldnt on a team with Ray, Paul, and Garnett

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : And  I think that block may have cost us because he was trying to block J Kidd's shot versus closing out on him and forcing him to make a play with the clock running down.  Like I said in other posts...the percentages of jum shots blocked are much lower than shots at or near the rim.  So why not close out and force him to do something.  I cant believe he let another savvy vet sucker him into that.  And then before that the ill-advised three.  Come Ray!!!!  Really???
    Posted by jdm894g

Agreed...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I wonder if it would have been better if the Celtics lost to LA but beat the Mavs tonight. Hmm...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

I wonder if it would have been better if the Celtics lost to LA but beat the Mavs tonight. Hmm...
    Posted by P34

Well, we have the benefit of hindsight but I'd guess that Celts fans, on the whole, would have been less upset had we lost a narrow one to the Lakers but beaten the Mavs convincingly on home court.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : Well, we have the benefit of hindsight but I'd guess that Celts fans, on the whole, would have been less upset had we lost a narrow one to the Lakers but beaten the Mavs convincingly on home court.
    Posted by docomospur

HAHAHA!!!

CELTIC FANS ARE NEVER HAPPY WHEN THEY LOSE TO THE LAKERS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Who said anything about happy?  Of course, they're NEVER happy when they lose to the Lakers.  But I think they would have let that one slide if it had been a narrow road loss and look forward to matching up with them again in the play-offs.  You can see from this forum that there's a lot of frustration and disappointment at the manner of how we lost to the Mavs at home.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Id rather beat the Lakers n lose to Dallas.... but i'd rather win both... if we lose to Orl but beat Mia and LA i'd be fine... in other words dont wana lose at all but esp not to LA or MIA!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Rondo should have posted Barea and blew by Kidd.  Instead he gave us a nice Rany Moss performance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Sorry folks but I notice that the defense of Rondo against quick and a good shooter point guard (Rose, Westbrook, Brooks, Nash, Felton, Parker, and even Kidd) is really unpleasant he let them shot or penetrate effortlessly. He got lost in a high pick screen thats why his counterpart usually sink a jump shot or penetrate to the hoop because he lost his man and the burden if his man penetrated is the boston big men  who has to commit a foul to stop the penetration. I think its ok if he cannot consistently hit a jump shot as long as he can lockdown on his man but sad to say he let them scored so majority of our loss came from an opponent whose point guard (Chicago, Dallas, New Orlens, Houston, Thunder, Orlando even Washington) score a lot against Rondo (Sorry those are the only loss I was able to watch but now I quess we(from Asia) can no longer watch Celtics games because our link ATDHE.Net was shutdown by the US federal bureau for illegal broadcasting hope you can give me a new website. Thanks) 

"Nobody Does it Better than the Boston Celtics"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

I couldn't understand why Rivers didn't post up Barea on every play. Rondo would have killed him.
    Posted by Kirk6

there you go!!  somebody bit on the "barea as toilet paper waiting to happen" concept i threw out there!!  this is not about anything other than rondo happily squandering matchups where he could absolutely kill another team!

why do we do that most nights?  because rajon would rather "quarterback" the team by sitting on perimeter making his pin point passes to other people to do the scoring work.  it's really getting kind of old. 

rondo had a couple of decent games being aggressive and taking opportunities and now back to this.  6 field goal attempts against a guy who almost never plays over 30 minutes becuase he is SUCH a liability to his team at 5-8. 

post him, post him, post him (barea).  all a chance to build confidence in his offensive game.  instead we as a team just shovel the scoring off on the old guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : RU, Great post on scapegoating and hero worship. It was absolutely a team loss, Rondo had his moments good and bad, but not his fault by a long shot.  Posted by futbal

you know, you are right and wrong at the same time.  it was a team loss in the end on a broken play.  however, ruworthy has his head up his rear in that the person who passed up the MOST opportunities to score easily was rondo.  barea?  seriously?  if kg had craig smith guarding him all night and didn't look to score on him, who would we be blaming for a loss? 

but you guys are right about fake hero worshipping.  we lose games like this in a tough season and you guys still have rondo as an unscathed hero.  rondo and his 10 points per game with physical talents the likes of which he could get 14 or 15 each night with his eyes closed. 

but he's happy to be uber-focused on assist stats since any real effort to score might involve a consistent 4 FTA's per night and we all know that we can't have that because assist hero rajon isn't comfy with those shots.

i don't know how anyone can look at this game, this pathetic box score put up there by rondo against a tool like jj barea and not conclude that the store was there for rajon to take, and he casually walked away after eating a potato chip of it.  i mean really.  JJ BAREA, people- the guy is 5-8 with high heels on!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Acie, Rondo's not my hero; the big three are (especially CPP). I don't think Rondo belongs on the All Star team this year, while he has in the past; in other words, I think he's back sliding (getting worse) maybe due more to injury than his mind but maybe due to his mind/mentality, as well. IUn this game, I mostly think the Mavs coach, Rick Carlisle, prepared his team to play for 48 minutes and the Celtics did not play 48 minutes and therein lies the difference. If you or others or I want to pick on Rondo there is plenty there, but I put this more on the team than on him not posting up a smaller player, or his inane habit of not taking layups (although I do agree with an earlier poster that Doc or Perk should slap him when he does that).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

We miss three wide open shots any one of which would have iced the game and all of a sudden  it is Rondo's fault. Very pathetic analyis. Maybe Pierce should have just charged into the paint like Kobe and he would have gotten to the line.

Sorry I forgot only Kobe gets those calls at the end of games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

wow! just 36 hours ago everyone thinks Rondo is the master magician.

i said over and over like a broken record, if Rondo's teammate will not show up,
    his skills is not effective. he's a different player - complementary type player.
    you show me and I will show you!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon :  Ray wasn't even ready for the pass, i mean why would a wide open man pass the ball back to someone with a 7footer all over them, it just does not make good sense!
    Posted by kyceltic

Just like Antoine Walker taking all those 3s even when there's a defender in front of him?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

wow! just 36 hours ago everyone thinks Rondo is the master magician. i said over and over like a broken record, if Rondo's teammate will not show up, his skills is not effective. he's a different player - complementary type player. you show me and I will show you!!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Who did not show up, CHE?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

We miss three wide open shots any one of which would have iced the game and all of a sudden  it is Rondo's fault. Very pathetic analyis. Maybe Pierce should have just charged into the paint like Kobe and he would have gotten to the line. Sorry I forgot only Kobe gets those calls at the end of games.
    Posted by greenkillme

c'mon man, that's a cop out.  it's not the 3 missed shots, it's the three to four refused layups and numerous plays NEVER made by rondo that killed us.  SCORING PLAYS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo needs to drive to the basket more. Especially against a team with so little inside presence.  Orlando will be different in that regard.  He is a player of great value but one who is now enigmatic.  I never know what we are going to get.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'm no longer surprised by his "passive" performances.  Isn't he the one who proclaimed difficulty getting up for anyone he didn't consider an elite point guard?  This the NBA, son...everyone can "play"...... I have no hard data to support this (just my eyeballs at this point), but Rondo and Pierce seem to be the culprits from an effort standpoint when a letdown occurs.  KG and Ray are always competitive, if not always effective, and for all of his shortcomings youcan almost book a hard, competitive effort from Perk.
    Posted by jallen3531

You've just made P34 cry!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Rondo's inability to knock down shots is this teams biggest vulnerability.  It is visible that he has no confidence in his shot.  Last night on 2 occasion late in the game he passed up an open foul line jumper in favor of a KG 18 footer.  I think kevin hit 1 from the wing and missed from the top of the key. 

If can't hit that shot teams with good length like Miami and Orlando can really take away other options.  If he can hit that shot, the celts are the best team in the NBA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

nit picking implies that you are taking tweezers out and picking away at the big picture in a snooty manner to make a petty point.

nothing about this is petty!!  we have a PG who is 2nd or 3rd quickest in the league and won't use his quickness for FEAR of getting FOULED and shooting dead ball free throws- the most basic part of the game.

he is reluctant to shoot jumpers, nice easy open ones.  passes them up more often than not.

he won't even shoot open layups many times!!

nope, this ain't nit pickin, this is sledge hammer sized problems with this HEAD CASE of a point guard we find ourselves with.  the blind believers will see when the 3 HOF guys are gone and only then will they see that rondo's game has REGRESSED from his rookie year's last 30 games of being cut loose.

but to live IN THE NOW, we need this punk to start taking what's there- against j. kidd you blow by him and make him look like the statue that he is on defense.  same thing with nash.  against JJ BAREA, the immortal dwarf, you high post or preferably low post the guy and abuse him.  take him to the block and shoot little turn arounds.  all you have to do is hit the tape square on the glass and the ball has to go in.

i hope this gets addressed now.  and i'm getting really ticked off that ainge and doc don' thave enough combined sack to visibly address, redress, undress this rondo for the head case that he is becoming.  every passed up shot should be a benching.  sorry to say it but that's going to be the only way to get rid of it.  then will come the trade demand from rondo's agent, or maybe rondo will get the message and change.  you'd figure shooting easy simple shots would be easier than changing your address....

what the heck kind of monster has this franchise created?

Sections
Shortcuts