Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon

Rondo's stats in this game weren't great but they werent horrible either. It wasn't one of this better games, I'll give you that. 

However, it was a team loss against a VERY good Mavericks team on a long winning streak. There were a number of reasons why the Celts lost that game. 

Here's a tip for you: if Pierce goes 4-10 and scores 12 points we are going to lose most of those games. KG had a rough shooting night and the bench was lukewarm at best. 

Acie you're not in troll status like dud and pud but you hate on Rondo too much. Many of your criticisms of Rondo are valid but to pin this loss on him just shows you are obsessing too much on one player in a team sport. 

Does Rondo need to play better than he did in that game for the Celts to win the championship? Yes, I'll give you that. 

But I'll also argue that when only one of the big three has a good game against a top five NBA team we are going to lose. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon:
    In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : c'mon man, that's a cop out.  it's not the 3 missed shots, it's the three to four refused layups and numerous plays NEVER made by rondo that killed us.  SCORING PLAYS.
    Posted by aciemvp

Sorry man but your criticism is falling on deaf ears because your drumbeat is so overwhelming it strikes me as unreasonsable. Kind of like the guy who at every social gathering starts railing about paying too much in taxes. We have an acquatance who does that and we call him the "Idiot Savant of Taxes".

I think you should lay off for a while.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo's stats in this game weren't great but they werent horrible either. It wasn't one of this better games, I'll give you that.  However, it was a team loss against a VERY good Mavericks team on a long winning streak. There were a number of reasons why the Celts lost that game.  Here's a tip for you: if Pierce goes 4-10 and scores 12 points we are going to lose most of those games. KG had a rough shooting night and the bench was lukewarm at best.  Acie you're not in troll status like dud and pud but you hate on Rondo too much. Many of your criticisms of Rondo are valid but to pin this loss on him just shows you are obsessing too much on one player in a team sport.  Does Rondo need to play better than he did in that game for the Celts to win the championship? Yes, I'll give you that.  But I'll also argue that when only one of the big three has a good game against a top five NBA team we are going to lose. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Acie... I can tell you from personal experience that being on troll status is something you DO NOT WANT here at BDC.

It is living hell!

Stop speaking the truth about young Rondo... or else!!!

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

I think Rondo is playing on one and half legs. He was out of the game before and sat for a while against Dallas and received trainer attention while on the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fryber. Show fryber's posts

I think Rondo is playing on one and half legs. He was out of the game before and sat for a while against Dallas and received trainer attention while on the bench.
    Posted by greenkillme

Every time Rondo has a bad game, some posters will come up with the excuse that he must be injured. Did you think he was injured during the second half of the Lakers game? Surely you did not. Why can't you just accept the weaknesses that he has as a player? They have been extensively described throughout this thread and I think they are dead on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

there's gonna be some powerfully convoluted rooting interests around here come playoff time as folks struggle to reconcile their pro celtics / anti rondo bias.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

more games than not, rondo is happy to pile the scoring burden on the older vets, even though they would welcome him to score 15, sometimes 20.  only thing that seems to be holding rondo back is.... rondo.  big surprise, right?  5 years of it under the belt. and watching the last minute of him avoid all contact with the ball and then get lost "guarding" kidd for the game winning shot made me really angry.  get him off the court if he has nothing to offer in that scenario.
    Posted by aciemvp

aciemvp

Try supporting your argument with facts. Rondo was guarding Berea not Kidd on the game winning shot. So you got "really angry" at the wrong player. Also, perhaps you can supply a link listing Barea as 5'8".

Seems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Blah blah blah Rodo blah blah Rondo blah blah blah.  Rondo Rondo Rondo blah blah Rondo.  Acie, get a life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olivern. Show olivern's posts

It'll be good to get Delonte back. Not as pure a point guard as Rondo, but at least Doc will have more options on those nights when Rondo is not fully engaged.

(Maybe Rondo could still call a good game from the bench, and just let Delonte help execute it out on the floor?) Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : aciemvp Try supporting your argument with facts. Rondo was guarding Berea not Kidd on the game winning shot. So you got "really angry" at the wrong player. Also, perhaps you can supply a link listing Barea as 5'8". Seems
    Posted by SeemsToMe

Correction,
    Rondo was guarding Terry, not Barea.

Seems

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Another passive masterpiece by Rajon:
    do you figure we had some competitive advantage vs. fossil kidd and/or barea at the point guard matchup???  how and why does rondo end the game with 5 or 6 FG attempts? 
    Posted by aciemvp

5 or 6 is too many not not enough.....every possession that results in Rondo taking a shot is a botched play.... if I am KG and a couple of rebounds short of a triple double I go straight into the huddle and convince Doc to get Rondo open looks.... oh wait - all of Rondo's shots are open looks.... you want Rondo to shoot more but then every moron on this board claims how they don't need Rondo to score as long as he facilitates scoring for others..."Rondo is a pass first point guard"... "Rondo is perfect for THIS team"..."if Rondo could ever learn to make a jumper and make free throws"..... blah blah blah.....

Rondo makes less than 1 free throw and 1 jumper per game... the best point guards averages 6 trips to the line and make 90% of them. The best point guards are active participants in the offense after making the initial pass, Rondo runs and hides in the corner sucking his thumb but somehow, ridiculously, calling for the ball.  Rondo avoids shooting of any type and misses layups fairly often.

Most are content that Rondo is a pass first point guard, profess how he does not need to score or even be able to shoot for that matter...... but when all is said and done he remains the worst shooter in the league, they play offense 3 against 5, he puts pressure on the offense by not participating and.... most of the teams in the league score more than the Cs.....  good thing Rondo throws up 7 points and 6 assists against the washed up Nash.....

their last 5 losses were against Rose, Brooks, Wall, Nash, and Kidd.  Wall and Kidd hit game winning 3s.

Which teams have their point guard inbounding the ball on the last play of the game?  NONE except for the Cs.  Which team works really hard to make sure when the other team needs to foul someone to get the ball back have their point guard sitting on the bench for fear of him getting fouled and shooting 26%. 

If the opposing point guard just nailed a dagger 3 basically to win the game (Wall / Kidd) and there is time to get the ball inbounds and have one pass or get a shot up I would like to think my point guard would be out on the floor either as a shot option or someone who can make a pass........ Doc "ok guys I want Rondo (who is not an option in this set) to inbound the ball, ok Rajon throw it out of bounds and we can fool Dallas into thinking they are better"..... let's go......

Who will be stunned when Jameer Nelson or Gilbert Arenas makes a 3 to win the game today while Rondo is stuck under a pick or watching from the bench?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Better to let people assume your a fool, than to open your mouth and confirm it!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Not today... not passive at all...  Rondo put on his man-pants and came to play.

A 26 and 7 game played just the way the game was designed.

VERY MANLY!

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

4-91-22-4+8051010311
    R. RondoG36:409-157-91-2+3117016326
    36 mins   9-15 shts     7-9 fts   1-2 3pts  7 assts  26pts im not sure how many lay ups he missed while being schooled by Nelson..but I'll settle for these stats from a pt guard that keeps getting bailed out by his team mates...Any moron would take those stats..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : 5 or 6 is too many not not enough.....every possession that results in Rondo taking a shot is a botched play.... if I am KG and a couple of rebounds short of a triple double I go straight into the huddle and convince Doc to get Rondo open looks.... oh wait - all of Rondo's shots are open looks.... you want Rondo to shoot more but then every moron on this board claims how they don't need Rondo to score as long as he facilitates scoring for others..."Rondo is a pass first point guard"... "Rondo is perfect for THIS team"..."if Rondo could ever learn to make a jumper and make free throws"..... blah blah blah..... Rondo makes less than 1 free throw and 1 jumper per game... the best point guards averages 6 trips to the line and make 90% of them. The best point guards are active participants in the offense after making the initial pass, Rondo runs and hides in the corner sucking his thumb but somehow, ridiculously, calling for the ball.  Rondo avoids shooting of any type and misses layups fairly often. Most are content that Rondo is a pass first point guard, profess how he does not need to score or even be able to shoot for that matter...... but when all is said and done he remains the worst shooter in the league, they play offense 3 against 5, he puts pressure on the offense by not participating and.... most of the teams in the league score more than the Cs.....  good thing Rondo throws up 7 points and 6 assists against the washed up Nash..... their last 5 losses were against Rose, Brooks, Wall, Nash, and Kidd.  Wall and Kidd hit game winning 3s. Which teams have their point guard inbounding the ball on the last play of the game?  NONE except for the Cs.  Which team works really hard to make sure when the other team needs to foul someone to get the ball back have their point guard sitting on the bench for fear of him getting fouled and shooting 26%.  If the opposing point guard just nailed a dagger 3 basically to win the game (Wall / Kidd) and there is time to get the ball inbounds and have one pass or get a shot up I would like to think my point guard would be out on the floor either as a shot option or someone who can make a pass........ Doc "ok guys I want Rondo (who is not an option in this set) to inbound the ball, ok Rajon throw it out of bounds and we can fool Dallas into thinking they are better"..... let's go...... Who will be stunned when Jameer Nelson or Gilbert Arenas makes a 3 to win the game today while Rondo is stuck under a pick or watching from the bench?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

and you were saying?  Wait cut and paste.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Danny Ainge should trade him now. Derek Fisher is available.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Danny Ainge should trade him now. Derek Fisher is available.
    Posted by RUWorthy

rory sparrow is on waivers from bulgaria.  he'd play cheaper.

but seriously, you guys try to gloat after rondo plays one game like he should all the time and the "i told you so" doesn't stick to the wall very well.  it's TRUE that he doesn't "have" to score 26 to be a great guard for us.  it's also true that he shoudl be scoring more than 8 to 10.  somewhere in the middle lies the ultimate fit for rondo on this team.

i'm talking about the rondo we saw today- the one who is done passing up easy opportunities, the one who isn't afraid to take 4-8 foul shots a game in the process of doing what's good for his team.

today was a good start and i hope this is the new tomorrow for rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : rory sparrow is on waivers from bulgaria.  he'd play cheaper. Posted by aciemvp

Laughing 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Another passive masterpiece by Rajon : and you were saying?  Wait cut and paste.
    Posted by OneOnOne

The dudder talking about morons.Well, he has the expertise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Clearly a different guy playing today...why?  I guess only he can answer that...
    Posted by jallen3531

It was different game. Rondo probes and takes what he`s given. When the other team shoots 33% it`s easier to push the ball and score. He couldn`t in the first quarter because Howard was scoring every time down.Rondo`s not perfect by any means and I too would like to see him take it all the way to the hole more often, but so many on this board seem to think that you can play every opponent the same way .A point guards like a pitcher in baseball. You get some guys  out W/ your  fastball,and some W/ your changeup. And sometimes the other guy flat out beats you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Apparently daddy Doc sat Rondo down and told him to get to the FT line 8-10 times a game. A big difference from say 1-2 times per game.

His aggressiveness, looking for his shot, driving to the hoop, posting down low, and then looking to get others involved, opened up the game for the scorers. BINGO! The game could not be simpler.

For a player with such high IQ, I often wonder why he seems clueless as to the basics. Must be nerves.

Good game.... RONDO!

Now do it again!

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts