Another reason to not panic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Another reason to not panic

If my calculations are correct, and they usually are, we need to get to 50 wins ASAP.

I say this because WHEN we get to 50 wins, the worst possible seed we can be is 5...........and we are at 48 now.  We need to go 2-14 the rest of the way.

Once we get to 53 wins, we are guaranteed the 4 seed, and ATL would have to go 14-0 the rest of the way.

If ORL runs the table, they will have 56 wins.  MIA and the Bulls can still win 60, but it seems to me that we were a 4 seed last year.............and the WORST (I believe, the WORST) we can do this year is a 3 seed.

I want the #1 seed, but let's be healthy........we are not afraid of MIA or CHI, and can win on both of their floors, but let's take it one game at a time, because it's all gravy after 50!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Another reason to not panic

Im not sweating the #1 seed... If last year and our recent play is any indication, we're prob gonna be the #2 seed. 

The Bulls are hungry and hot... winning the #1 is on their radar and a big goal imo.

They are playing better ball than us and I dont think they'll lose as many games to crummy teams as we will.

Im good at the #1 or #2 in the East. I wouldnt be too thrilled at anything below that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Bulls will play hard to get the number one seed and find themselves getting eliminated in the playoffs due to being burned out trying to attain it.

We know better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Another reason to not panic:
    If my calculations are correct, and they usually are, we need to get to 50 wins ASAP. I say this because WHEN we get to 50 wins, the worst possible seed we can be is 5...........and we are at 48 now.  We need to go 2-14 the rest of the way. Once we get to 53 wins, we are guaranteed the 4 seed, and ATL would have to go 14-0 the rest of the way. If ORL runs the table, they will have 56 wins.  MIA and the Bulls can still win 60, but it seems to me that we were a 4 seed last year.............and the WORST (I believe, the WORST) we can do this year is a 3 seed. I want the #1 seed, but let's be healthy........we are not afraid of MIA or CHI, and can win on both of their floors, but let's take it one game at a time, because it's all gravy after 50!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

The #1 seed means you get to play the Bucks or the Pacers in the first round.  A nice easy sweep would also earn the team some much needed rest.  After that, you probably play an overrated Atlanta team or an Orlando team that can't get their collective act together and against whom we match up quite well even without Perkins because Howard can't carry a team.

The #2 or #3 seed means having to play the Knicks or 76ers - both younger teams would probably give the Celtics a longer series with their youth advantage.  Then you'd play Chicago or Miami, and then you'd play Orlando, Chicago, or Miami.  Then you probably end up on the road to start (and end) the Finals, assuming you get that far.

If the Celtics fall to #2 or #3, the entire road through the playoffs gets tougher.  They need the #1 seed, and it'll be worth the rest after sweeping the Pacers or Bucks to fight to get it.

Sections
Shortcuts