Another Rondo thread...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Another Rondo thread...

Lots of debate by all Celts fans about how good this guy is.   I think he's controversial because those who look at his good games say " Wow, look at how fantastic he can be". Others look at how he gets abused by other guards like Jennings, Thomas tonight, CP3, and others, how he won't be a consistent offensive threat, how he holds the ball too long, and at his often poor / sulking attitude and say " he's overrated and a part of the Celtics problem".

i think Rondo is wildly inconsistent, not a leader, and hurts this team until he decides to play hard in the playoffs.  its a long season and your stars are supposed to be more consistent Over that long grind.  Rondo is as inconsistent as ANYONE on the team and he's become frustrating to watch.

No, he's not the only problem but he cannot escape blame given his often terrible D and lack of offensive aggressiveness.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Another Rondo thread...

I could live with a Rondo trade at this point - I just can't watch him for another 10 years......

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Rondo the next TWO YEARS is set to be paid 25 million dollars.  if not 26.  i think it's 11.9 and 12.9.  he doesn't play to that level of a paycheck every night. 

remember back when everyone had morality and you could see a curtis rowe or sidney wicks check cashing slacker for what they were?  rondo is worse than them because they were lazy bums and he's a lazy man with superior physical talents to 90% or more of the guards in the league. 

he just refuses to be the best he can be for a team unless he is playing in the playoffs and then that short burst of "really trying" never holds together because everyone with a brain (that isn't accompanied by ego / head case problems) knows that you don't just "turn it on"- it's unethical to earn a contract and then play lazy 65 out of 82 games and then "really try" in the playoffs.

but this is the system of lies that danny built around rondo, he liked him so much.  this isiah thomas guy, all 5 foot 9 of him, he really liked whipping on rondo tonight though.  if rondo was a 4 or 5 in the league they would call him "dunk bait" because any given night, any opposing guard, no matter how marginal can go off for career highs against a rondo that is in a lazy mood.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

]

Maybe next season or the next season, but right now, Rondo's staying.

once again, fierce pops his head out of the basement window with a proclamation....   he must work for the C's to know SO MUCH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo has to be the third best player on a team if they want to win a ring! He is just not good enough offensively to be a teams best player!!  That's why if ther right trade came along, i wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Rondo has to be the third best player on a team if they want to win a ring! He is just not good enough offensively to be a teams best player!!  That's why if ther right trade came along, i wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger!

C'mon everybody Rondo was hurt tonight. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Rondo the next TWO YEARS is set to be paid 25 million dollars.  if not 26.  i think it's 11.9 and 12.9.  he doesn't play to that level of a paycheck every night. 

remember back when everyone had morality and you could see a curtis rowe or sidney wicks check cashing slacker for what they were?  rondo is worse than them because they were lazy bums and he's a lazy man with superior physical talents to 90% or more of the guards in the league. 

he just refuses to be the best he can be for a team unless he is playing in the playoffs and then that short burst of "really trying" never holds together because everyone with a brain (that isn't accompanied by ego / head case problems) knows that you don't just "turn it on"- it's unethical to earn a contract and then play lazy 65 out of 82 games and then "really try" in the playoffs.

but this is the system of lies that danny built around rondo, he liked him so much.  this isiah thomas guy, all 5 foot 9 of him, he really liked whipping on rondo tonight though.  if rondo was a 4 or 5 in the league they would call him "dunk bait" because any given night, any opposing guard, no matter how marginal can go off for career highs against a rondo that is in a lazy mood.

Well, I'm not quite THAT mad, but you do make points I agree with.  The LEAST the guy can do is play D.  He takes too many chances, and that is why guys like Thomas can torch us.

I don't know if lazy is the right word, though.  It's worse, acie.  I think it's apathetic, but not up to the Wicks and Rowe level.

I think DA needs to kick the tires and see if we can get a big and decent backup PG for him

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Congratulations!

RG3 was phenomenal.

Romo was, as usual, the loser. 

I actually felt sorry for Romo! He would probably be better off playing somewhere else next year!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

"Thomas, the 5-foot-8-inch second-year guard, outclassed counterpart Rajon Rondo, scoring 27 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Rondo, who returned to the lineup after missing Saturday’s game with a bruised hip, scored 2 points on 1-of-6 shooting."

What else needs to be said...

Rondo is certainly a diva, puts out when he feels like it  and his coach has nothing to say about it.  Doc does say Rondo is the smartest player, basketball IQ blah blah blah ... always a bouquet of flowers laid at his feet. The term spoiled brat comes to mind and the Celtic coach is a major contributor to it. 

How does such a great coach like DOc (sarcasm) allow his PG to lounge around defensively for YEARS, give up easy layups for an assist stat and generally take nights off ??? Explain please... is ROndo a level above Jordan and Larry??? I could understand if he is...

and for whoever said Magic never won a championship without Kareem.. the more important fact is Kareem played with the Lakers from 1975 and didnt win squat with them  until Magic joined the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

He is an above average point gaurd.  He has weaknesses but he certainly isn't the main problem with this team.

Have you guys looked at the roster?  It isn't that good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Rondo is an above average PG with below average leadership skills.  Its his team so an examination  needs to start with him.

This is the same roster minus Darko that posters were having whet dreams about two months ago.

Some accountability is in order.

Pud 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Rondo has enormous talent, but is quite lazy or as Karl put it a 'Diva'. Even if you don't have all the surrounding talent around you that you wish for, you still should play hard every night, regardless. Drop the pout and sour puss attitude and start playing ball. I think Gasol would have really helped this team. I would not mind if they offered up Bass, Green and or Terry. The C's could use his vision, rebounding, and court savy. What do you all think?

Doc should be ashamed at what just happened on this road trip. This team stinks. No heart, no desire, no way they should even make the playoffs at this rate. Start coaching Doc. Re-teach the art of the BOX OUT please. A high school team could do better. I think it is time Doc realizes Pierce is not the man anymore either. He is part time at best. Time catches up to all of us. But Doc, wake up and do something.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Rondo has enormous talent, but is quite lazy. Even if you don't have all the surrounding talent around you that you wish for, you still should play hard every night, regardless. Drop the pout and sour puss attitude and start playing ball. I think Gasol would have really helped this team. I would not mind if they offered up Bass, Green and or Terry. The C's could use his vision, rebounding, and court savy. What do you all think?

Lakers will not trade Pau Gasol to the Celtics at this point in time.

You never know. A guy like Green might help the Lakers at this point. Too bad really, I was hoping during the off season it was going to happen. Gasol has skill and is willing to sacrifice scoring for leadership skills

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Rondo has lost interest in this team. Now that he has set an assist record for the Celtics, he has lost his desire to win. TIME FOR A TRADE!!!! Rondo is like a cancer to this team.

Let's build around Sullinger, Melo and some new players in a trade or two. Then fire Doc. The man is in Lala Land. You can't do the same things over and over and expect a different result.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

He is an above average point gaurd.  He has weaknesses but he certainly isn't the main problem with this team.

Of course Rondo isn't the only problem and not the biggest problem (Lack of a big man is the biggest problem showing itself with lack of inside points and lack of rebounds).   But, Rondo's issues are pretty darn huge if you watch the games and look at what other point guards do to us.  I think their eyes used to get big when they had to play Steve Nash.  Now their eyes get big knowing the have the matador Rondo to go against. 

Our roster stinks right now, but Rondo isn't helping to pick up ANY of the scoring load.  Did you see the wide open jumpers he kept passing up last night?  Add this to his horrible D and Rondo is at best not living up to his potential.....and at worst - hurting the team.   Imagine having someone like Tony Parker, Chris Paul, or any of the guards who can score and lead.   He should at LEAST TRY to score on fast breaks.

This issue wasn't just last night when injured.  Its almost every night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Of course Rondo isn't the only problem and not the biggest problem (Lack of a big man is the biggest problem showing itself with lack of inside points and lack of rebounds).   But, Rondo's issues are pretty darn huge if you watch the games and look at what other point guards do to us.  I think their eyes used to get big when they had to play Steve Nash.  Now their eyes get big knowing the have the matador Rondo to go against. 

Our roster stinks right now, but Rondo isn't helping to pick up ANY of the scoring load.  Did you see the wide open jumpers he kept passing up last night?  Add this to his horrible D and Rondo is at best not living up to his potential.....and at worst - hurting the team.   Imagine having someone like Tony Parker, Chris Paul, or any of the guards who can score and lead.   He should at LEAST TRY to score on fast breaks.

This issue wasn't just last night when injured.  Its almost every night.

Good honest points. If Cs fans can't see the truth in them, then they are stuck in Lala land with Rivers. Change has to happen. This time just doesn't have the skill to compete with not only the top teams, but the mid level teams either. They rely too much on age(KG and Pierce) and not enough on the youngsters. Give them a shot. Time to try an put a package of players on the market: Rondo, Terry, Bass, Green, Pierce. Sorry, it is what it is. Hard to watch such weak efforts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

"Thomas, the 5-foot-8-inch second-year guard, outclassed counterpart Rajon Rondo, scoring 27 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Rondo, who returned to the lineup after missing Saturday’s game with a bruised hip, scored 2 points on 1-of-6 shooting."

What else needs to be said...

Rondo is certainly a diva, puts out when he feels like it  and his coach has nothing to say about it.  Doc does say Rondo is the smartest player, basketball IQ blah blah blah ... always a bouquet of flowers laid at his feet. The term spoiled brat comes to mind and the Celtic coach is a major contributor to it. 

How does such a great coach like DOc (sarcasm) allow his PG to lounge around defensively for YEARS, give up easy layups for an assist stat and generally take nights off ??? Explain please... is ROndo a level above Jordan and Larry??? I could understand if he is...

and for whoever said Magic never won a championship without Kareem.. the more important fact is Kareem played with the Lakers from 1975 and didnt win squat with them  until Magic joined the team.

Well to be fair  Kareem won a championship with the Bucks.  He was the primary player even though they had the Big O on the team.  Give credit where credit is due.

Sections
Shortcuts